color
clarity

CIA: Russia helped Trump. TOP Reps calling for investigation

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: CIA: Russia helped Trump. TOP Reps calling for investiga

Dancing Fire|1482174637|4108394 said:
Why can't the Dems face the truth?... :confused: it had nothing to do with the Russians. HC lost b/c she is a liar, she is corrupted and ran on a 3rd Obama term.

And you don't find it alarming that Trump defends Russia over our own Intellengence Agencies?

My only hope is we survive the next few years without getting into another war.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1482174874|4108397 said:
Why can't the Dems face the truth?... :confused: it had nothing to do with the Russians. HC lost b/c she is a liar, she is corrupted and ran on a 3rd Obama term.

And you don't find it alarming that Trump defends Russia over our own Intellengence Agencies?

My only hope is we survive the next few years without getting into another war.

Calli, none of that matters because Hillary is a liar.
Don't you get it?

:lol:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

The electoral college is voting now.

Trump has kept every vote so far.

Hillary has actually lost 4 votes.

Hope this will finally put an end to it, but I doubt it.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Put an end to what?

If I were a Republican, I would be more angry than any Democrat. I would want my candidate to have won with integrity. This election has been tampered with by the Russians and people are going to say Trump won?

All this talk about how dishonest Hillary was for two years but now that the Republican Party is faced with a HUGE moral dilemma, not a peep about doing the right thing.

The only reason the members of the house and senate are investigating at all is to put on a show for voters. Nothing will be done. Why? Because y'all think you've won.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

House Cat|1482185188|4108438 said:
Put an end to what?

If I were a Republican, I would be more angry than any Democrat. I would want my candidate to have won with integrity. This election has been tampered with by the Russians and people are going to say Trump won?

All this talk about how dishonest Hillary was for two years but now that the Republican Party is faced with a HUGE moral dilemma, not a peep about doing the right thing.

The only reason the members of the house and senate are investigating at all is to put on a show for voters. Nothing will be done. Why? Because y'all think you've won.

And if there was any validity to the fact that it somehow changed people's votes, then what is happening right now would be quite different.

I for one am glad all that info about Hillary came out so I could make an informed decision NOT to vote for her.

As far as "because you'all think you've won, all I can say for certainty at this point is yes the people have spoken according to how the constitution is written and Mr. Trump won. And that is being affirmed right now.

As to how his Presidency will go, no one at this time can say because he has not even been sworn into office yet.

As far as winning with integrity, the people who voted for him have spoken. And I would not disrespect them by saying they did not weigh all the pros and cons before making their decision. So they must have felt he had more integrity than Clinton did.

And what do you want the Republican party to do. - A do over because some did not get their way. Give it to Clinton - who has actually now lost votes?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trump was complaining months ago that the system was rigged. He didn't like the electoral college now all of sudden we hear crickets out of him. 2 1/2 million more people voted for Hillary. Can you image what we would be hearing if this had gone the other way, if Trump had 2 1/2 million more votes. We would be hearing about for this for the next 4 years.

Very little of what Trump said during the campaign was the truth and yet you call Hillary a liar.

Thank you Kenny for trying to keep me in line.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake|1482196475|4108460 said:
Trump was complaining months ago that the system was rigged. He didn't like the electoral college now all of sudden we hear crickets out of him. 2 1/2 million more people voted for Hillary. Can you image what we would be hearing if this had gone the other way, if Trump had 2 1/2 million more votes. We would be hearing about for this for the next 4 years.

Very little of what Trump said during the campaign was the truth and yet you call Hillary a liar.

When Trump said it, I called him out for it.

And now I am doing the same with Hillary.

So if you think it was wrong then, why would you validate it now?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482197251|4108463 said:

Ruby, I don't think anyone can say for sure one way or the other if the election went to Trump because of Russian intervention (although I think such a steady stream of lies, missinformation etc. did influence some voters)... Trump had no basis in fact to say the things he did, he didn't have a stream of lies coming out of the middle east besmirching his character etc (yes he did pretty well himself, but for some bizarre reason people believed the lies about Clinton and discounted the facts on Trump)..

I would say though, Clinton's despicable comment lost her votes.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It ain't easy, but I loves ya. :D

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

Professor Allan Lichtman, who predicted Presidential races for the last 30 yrs correctly, including Donald Trump, says he will probably be impeached in his tenure as President. I read Trump made comments about the China Sea event after it was settled. If he took his intel briefings he would have known. He will be a problem.

As to who lied the most, I think Donald has it big time. Three Harvard Drs wrote a letter to the White House asking that shrinks examine Trump before he takes office. I personally believe he does have a mental illness, ie, narcisistic personality disorder,(SP)
which these doctors said he most probably had. Even though it is unethical for Drs to comment, they decided to do so. Why, in heavens name did they not do this earlier.

Trump will do things for the business world, which is needed to improve the economy, but the rest, hold on to your seats.
Unfortunately we must keep watch.

Thanks
Annette

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Tekate|1482248091|4108555 said:

Ruby, I don't think anyone can say for sure one way or the other if the election went to Trump because of Russian intervention (although I think such a steady stream of lies, missinformation etc. did influence some voters)... Trump had no basis in fact to say the things he did, he didn't have a stream of lies coming out of the middle east besmirching his character etc (yes he did pretty well himself, but for some bizarre reason people believed the lies about Clinton and discounted the facts on Trump)..

Both Trump and Clinton had hardcore supporters who were going to vote for each no matter what.

But imo it was more people like me who mostly vote democrat, who did not come out and support her that may have been the difference.

And yes the "deplorable" comment was a turnoff for me and a lot of my friends and acquaintances. State why you should vote for me, but do not call me names or imply something is wrong with me if I choose someone else.

As far as the information coming out of Russia, there was just so much more for me that came out to indicate she was not the person she portrayed.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1482257999|4108581 said:

It ain't easy, but I loves ya. :D

Do you both think these passive - aggressive comments add anything to the conversation other than to scare off some who may want to join it.

It id not work for Clinton with her "deplorable" comment and it will no longer with me as well.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482261618|4108588 said:

Both Trump and Clinton had hardcore supporters who were going to vote for each no matter what.

But imo it was more people like me who mostly vote democrat, who did not come out and support her that may have been the difference.

And yes the "deplorable" comment was a turnoff for me and a lot of my friends and acquaintances. State why you should vote for me, but do not call me names or imply something is wrong with me if I choose someone else.

As far as the information coming out of Russia, there was just so much more for me that came out to indicate she was not the person she portrayed.

That's interesting, what information swayed your thoughts away from her that allowed your vote to go to another? to me a vote for anyone but her was a trump vote. If you don't want to answer no worries. But for me, there was nothing I ever read that would have swayed me to Donald, and I want my vote to count.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Tekate|1482264017|4108601 said:
ruby59|1482261618|4108588 said:

That's interesting, what information swayed your thoughts away from her that allowed your vote to go to another? to me a vote for anyone but her was a trump vote. If you don't want to answer no worries. But for me, there was nothing I ever read that would have swayed me to Donald, and I want my vote to count.

To be clear I did not vote for Trump. While I voted for the local issues relating to my city, I left the vote for President blank.

For me it was only 2 choices - Clinton or blank.

And as much as I wanted to hear something during the various debates that would sway me to her side, I just didn't.

As far as watching the news, and yes I listen to Fox, as well as MSNBC and CNN to try to get a complete picture as well as what is posted on line and my local newspaper, the more I saw and heard about her, the less I liked and trusted her.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm just curious. If it turned out that Hillary won the electoral vote, and it was found that Russia (who is NOT our Ally, and Putin is a dictator who controls the politics and economic fortuens of that country) manipulated as well as providing disinformation to get her elected. This is not theoretical. Both the CIA and the FBI confirmed this. And it was the same with Trump that Hillary had many ties to that foreign power that helped her get elected for quid pro quo, how would Republicans respond? I can't even imagine. However since it is Trump, crickets or "sore loser". I personally, have lost respect for the Republican party. When all is said and done, they have put politics and gaining power over the Democratic process. Nothing you can say to that.

In my state, Mccrory (Rep) lost and the Democratic candidate (Cooper) won. What did Republican led assembly do? Call a special, unannounced closed-doors assembly to re-write rules to strip the Governor of traditionally held powers, to give to Republican held committees or Republican appointees. This is after them being repeatedly called out for gerrymandering to get more seats. Frankly, what they have been doing for years regarding redistricting is unconstitutional, and subverting the purpose every person having one vote. But Hell I guess they are telling themselves as long as you are "right" the ends justify the means (where have I heard that before?). Interestingly enough, this case is going to the US Supreme Court. Probably one of the many reasons why Republicans refused to approve Obama's Supreme court nominee (as well as many many lower court nominees). The level of Republican partisanship and obstruction is not only embarrassing, but undermines checks and balances, and is historically unprecedented.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/us/new-north-carolina-governor-threatens-to-sue-state-gop.html?_r=0

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NOT liking the outcome does not mean we 'can't face the truth'... which I would actually rephase to: find it unbelievable that people voted for Trump in enough numbers that he won the electoral college and hugely lost the vote count'.. Facing the truth, meh.. disgusted, and going to be loud about it, why not DF? the republicans have been so loud, so long, so ridiculously that it's about time the democrats were loud. I read a headline today that said "Ted Cruz said democrats will be obstructionists" I about laughed my ass off... Cruz stopped more legislation any any other republican.. Why can't republicans face the truth that Trump is terrible for America? that is what I would like to know.. what in their minds makes them think he will ever be good for lost jobs? don't people read? nope.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

part gypsy|1482266973|4108621 said:
I'm just curious. If it turned out that Hillary won the electoral vote, and it was found that Russia (who is NOT our Ally, and Putin is a dictator who controls the politics and economic fortuens of that country) manipulated as well as providing disinformation to get her elected. This is not theoretical. Both the CIA and the FBI confirmed this. And it was the same with Trump that Hillary had many ties to that foreign power that helped her get elected for quid pro quo, how would Republicans respond? I can't even imagine. However since it is Trump, crickets or "sore loser". I personally, have lost respect for the Republican party. When all is said and done, they have put politics and gaining power over the Democratic process. Nothing you can say to that.

In my state, Mccrory (Rep) lost and the Democratic candidate (Cooper) won. What did Republican led assembly do? Call a special, unannounced closed-doors assembly to re-write rules to strip the Governor of traditionally held powers, to give to Republican held committees or Republican appointees. This is after them being repeatedly called out for gerrymandering to get more seats. Frankly, what they have been doing for years regarding redistricting is unconstitutional, and subverting the purpose every person having one vote. But Hell I guess they are telling themselves as long as you are "right" the ends justify the means (where have I heard that before?). Interestingly enough, this case is going to the US Supreme Court. Probably one of the many reasons why Republicans refused to approve Obama's Supreme court nominee (as well as many many lower court nominees). The level of Republican partisanship and obstruction is not only embarrassing, but undermines checks and balances, and is historically unprecedented.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/us/new-north-carolina-governor-threatens-to-sue-state-gop.html?_r=0

I lost respect for the Democrats when I read about what it did to sandbag Bernie Sanders.

In fact 4 people changed their vote yesterday, I suspect, because of it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482270380|4108634 said:

I lost respect for the Democrats when I read about what it did to sandbag Bernie Sanders.

Ruby, that is politics, at the time, Bernie had NO chance of winning, Bernie was NEVER a democrat, were aware of this, he was always elected as an independent, he caucused with the democrats.. to walk in and say that he changed to democrat and was going to try and get the nomination? he never did anything for the democratic party before. Now after the FBI and the Russians did a number on her then he probably may have won, BUT he ran on raising taxes, free college.. that may not have gone over with middle/low america. If I were running the democratic party I would have done the same.. he never WAS a democrat.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/feb/23/bernie-sanders-democrat/

Given what happened, the lies about Clinton etc.. he MAY have won.. but mainline republicans wouldn't vote for him.. Clinton was actually always a center right democrat.. never as liberal as Bernie.. I am liberal but I'm not dumb and I want the candidate who I think will get elected, at the time it was Clinton, but she was screwd by the FBI and Russians so Bernie would have been a better candidate but he may have lost also, too far left.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Duplicate. sorry posted 2x.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I rather suspect that the RNC was doing the same re Trump until fairly late in the game... remember that the party leadership was very wary of Trump and that some GOP leaders were even considering ways to prevent his selection at the convention until they realized that simply wouldn't fly with the electorate. For whatever reason however the Russians, or wikileaks, haven't chosen to release hacked RNC emails :wink2: so we may never know for sure. (I'm guessing it'll all come out at some point, however. Sure the parties are supposed to be impartial, but they also have an interest in ensuring that the most electable candidate represents then on the general election ballot.)

My take on it is this:

When Trump was claiming that a loss would be an indication that the election was rigged, he was talking about voter fraud (remember his totally unsubstantiated claim that "illegals" were voting in California) or merely the fact that so many media outlets were supporting Clinton because of their beliefs that Trump was not qualified to be President.

The question being raised now is whether a foreign government interfered to help ensure the election of the candidate of their choice. Apparently both the FBI and the CIA agree that the Russian government hacked both the RNC and DNC, and released carefully selected, carefully timed material from those hacks to wikileaks for publication. The piece that's missing is proof that the intent was to get Trump elected, as opposed to merely undermining Americans' faith in their electoral system and government.

Internal politicking and journalists attempting to share their viewpoints with the electorate (and, I might add, trying to cut through a lot of hype and distractions) versus a foreign government, historically and enemy of the U.S., trying to influence the outcome of the election. IMHO those are two very different situations.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Tekate|1482274711|4108662 said:

Ruby, that is politics, at the time, Bernie had NO chance of winning, Bernie was NEVER a democrat, were aware of this, he was always elected as an independent, he caucused with the democrats.. to walk in and say that he changed to democrat and was going to try and get the nomination? he never did anything for the democratic party before. Now after the FBI and the Russians did a number on her then he probably may have won, BUT he ran on raising taxes, free college.. that may not have gone over with middle/low america. If I were running the democratic party I would have done the same.. he never WAS a democrat.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/feb/23/bernie-sanders-democrat/

Given what happened, the lies about Clinton etc.. he MAY have won.. but mainline republicans wouldn't vote for him.. Clinton was actually always a center right democrat.. never as liberal as Bernie.. I am liberal but I'm not dumb and I want the candidate who I think will get elected, at the time it was Clinton, but she was screwd by the FBI and Russians so Bernie would have been a better candidate but he may have lost also, too far left.

If it were no big deal, as you say, just politics, why did Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz resign as the Democratic National Committee chairwoman after the information was leaked?

I do agree with you about Bernie Sanders that his was a Utopian dream that was just not feasible. But it should have been up to the voters to make their decision, not inside manipulation. And then Clinton denied she knew anything about it? Not knowing what is happening in your own organization - incompetence or another lie?

Regardless of the leaks, I also believe Trump had much more support then anyone imagined, people who supported him but for whatever reason just kept it to themselves.

Her emails, Benghazi, her fainting spell, calling non supporters deplorable - IMO it was a combination of situations that prevented people from voting for her.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1482268542|4108630 said:

NOT liking the outcome does not mean we 'can't face the truth'... which I would actually rephase to: find it unbelievable that people voted for Trump in enough numbers that he won the electoral college and hugely lost the vote count'.. Facing the truth, meh.. disgusted, and going to be loud about it, why not DF? the republicans have been so loud, so long, so ridiculously that it's about time the democrats were loud. I read a headline today that said "Ted Cruz said democrats will be obstructionists" I about laughed my a$$ off... Cruz stopped more legislation any any other republican.. Why can't republicans face the truth that Trump is terrible for America? that is what I would like to know.. what in their minds makes them think he will ever be good for lost jobs? don't people read? nope.
We'll know 4 yrs from now. Until then we should give Trump a chance to prove himself as being a good leader.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry, I don't need 4 years to know he is going to be a terrible president. His actions and words up to now have already shown he is bad news, and most likely unfit to be president. And his cabinet picks. Like Putin, literally selling out his own country lock, stock, barrel to enrich the few at the expense of the many.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty|1482276216|4108668 said:

I rather suspect that the RNC was doing the same re Trump until fairly late in the game... remember that the party leadership was very wary of Trump and that some GOP leaders were even considering ways to prevent his selection at the convention until they realized that simply wouldn't fly with the electorate. For whatever reason however the Russians, or wikileaks, haven't chosen to release hacked RNC emails :wink2: so we may never know for sure. (I'm guessing it'll all come out at some point, however. Sure the parties are supposed to be impartial, but they also have an interest in ensuring that the most electable candidate represents then on the general election ballot.)

My take on it is this:

When Trump was claiming that a loss would be an indication that the election was rigged, he was talking about voter fraud (remember his totally unsubstantiated claim that "illegals" were voting in California) or merely the fact that so many media outlets were supporting Clinton because of their beliefs that Trump was not qualified to be President.

The question being raised now is whether a foreign government interfered to help ensure the election of the candidate of their choice. Apparently both the FBI and the CIA agree that the Russian government hacked both the RNC and DNC, and released carefully selected, carefully timed material from those hacks to wikileaks for publication. The piece that's missing is proof that the intent was to get Trump elected, as opposed to merely undermining Americans' faith in their electoral system and government.

Internal politicking and journalists attempting to share their viewpoints with the electorate (and, I might add, trying to cut through a lot of hype and distractions) versus a foreign government, historically and enemy of the U.S., trying to influence the outcome of the election. IMHO those are two very different situations.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/voter-fraud-michigan-recount-uncovers-many-votes-37-detroit-precincts/

Yes, there are also articles disputing this, but I am still not convinced it did not happen?

And if it also occurred in other cities where the votes were not recounted.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

part gypsy|1482328609|4108747 said:
I'm sorry, I don't need 4 years to know he is going to be a terrible president. His actions and words up to now have already shown he is bad news, and most likely unfit to be president. And his cabinet picks. Like Putin, literally selling out his own country lock, stock, barrel to enrich the few at the expense of the many.
Forget about the presidency. The Dems. should wonder why Americans are kicking them out of the house and the senate too. The answer? b/c Americans are tire of the liberal policies for the past 8 yrs under Obama.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482346834|4108790 said:

My take on it is this:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/voter-fraud-michigan-recount-uncovers-many-votes-37-detroit-precincts/

Yes, there are also articles disputing this, but I am still not convinced it did not happen?

seriously, the "gatewaypundit" as your news source?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/09/21/jim-hoft-dumbest-man-on-the-internet/170927

How did Republicans do so well? I personally think the average American's critical thinking skills are at an all time low. I see people citing information and facts that are just plain lies and disinformation but never checking the original sources, because as long as it conforms to ones belief, truth doesn't really matter. Like global warming is a Chinese hoax, or... why bother.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

part gypsy|1482355616|4108824 said:

My take on it is this:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/12/18/detroit-ballots-vote-recount-election-stein/95570866/

And if this one is not acceptable to you, I can just go down the line of other sources printing the same thing.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

My take on it is this:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/12/18/detroit-ballots-vote-recount-election-stein/95570866/

And if this one is not acceptable to you, I can just go down the line of other sources printing the same thing.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482356231|4108827 said:

My take on it is this:

Did you even read the article you quoted? According to the article there were some discrepancies, that were few and random. Some overcounts, some undercounts, which led to the conclusion they were isolated and not due to widespread fraud. They say some of the error may have been due to people signing in, and not voting due to long lines in urban areas. Also there was a number of machine malfunctions where old machines broke down (also primarily Detroit).The amount of error did not affect any election.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

part gypsy|1482356549|4108832 said:
ruby59|1482356231|4108827 said:

My take on it is this:

Did you even read the article you quoted? According to the article there were some discrepancies, that were few and random. Some overcounts, some undercounts, which led to the conclusion they were isolated and not due to widespread fraud. They say some of the error may have been due to people signing in, and not voting due to long lines in urban areas. Also there was a number of machine malfunctions where old machines broke down (also primarily Detroit).The amount of error did not affect any election.

Fraud, irregularities, incompetence?

The democrats should not throw stones unless they know their house is clean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results