CIA: Russia helped Trump. TOP Reps calling for investigation

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: CIA: Russia helped Trump. TOP Reps calling for investiga

ruby59|1482346834|4108790 said:
VRBeauty|1482276216|4108668 said:
ruby59|1482270380|4108634 said:
I lost respect for the Democrats when I read about what it did to sandbag Bernie Sanders.

In fact 4 people changed their vote yesterday, I suspect, because of it.

I rather suspect that the RNC was doing the same re Trump until fairly late in the game... remember that the party leadership was very wary of Trump and that some GOP leaders were even considering ways to prevent his selection at the convention until they realized that simply wouldn't fly with the electorate. For whatever reason however the Russians, or wikileaks, haven't chosen to release hacked RNC emails :wink2: so we may never know for sure. (I'm guessing it'll all come out at some point, however. Sure the parties are supposed to be impartial, but they also have an interest in ensuring that the most electable candidate represents then on the general election ballot.)

My take on it is this:

When Trump was claiming that a loss would be an indication that the election was rigged, he was talking about voter fraud (remember his totally unsubstantiated claim that "illegals" were voting in California) or merely the fact that so many media outlets were supporting Clinton because of their beliefs that Trump was not qualified to be President.

The question being raised now is whether a foreign government interfered to help ensure the election of the candidate of their choice. Apparently both the FBI and the CIA agree that the Russian government hacked both the RNC and DNC, and released carefully selected, carefully timed material from those hacks to wikileaks for publication. The piece that's missing is proof that the intent was to get Trump elected, as opposed to merely undermining Americans' faith in their electoral system and government.

Internal politicking and journalists attempting to share their viewpoints with the electorate (and, I might add, trying to cut through a lot of hype and distractions) versus a foreign government, historically and enemy of the U.S., trying to influence the outcome of the election. IMHO those are two very different situations.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/voter-fraud-michigan-recount-uncovers-many-votes-37-detroit-precincts/

Yes, there are also articles disputing this, but I am still not convinced it did not happen?

And if it also occurred in other cities where the votes were not recounted.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/38767-the-republican-sabotage-of-the-vote-recounts-in-michigan-and-wisconsin

Why are you not convinced it didn't happen?

The Gateway Pundit: highly biased https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/
The Gateway Pundit: unreliable and biased and is untrustworthy: http://www.fakenewschecker.com/fake-news-source/gateway-pundit?page=3

We all have to fact check the fact checkers and find a site that is rates news sites.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a good point Tekate. The things listed in the 2nd article, as far as voting irregularities would mean that there was an undercount of votes in historically Democratic counties, and considering that Trump had a 10K lead yet there was an estimated 75K missing votes, is cause for concern. We had similar incidents in NC, trying to restrict the vote, particularly in Black/democratic communities. In my town they ended up extending the voting hours because of machine problems and long lines.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

part gypsy|1482355616|4108824 said:
How did Republicans do so well? I personally think the average American's critical thinking skills are at an all time low. I see people citing information and facts that are just plain lies and disinformation but never checking the original sources, because as long as it conforms to ones belief, truth doesn't really matter. Like global warming is a Chinese hoax, or... why bother.
It is!. I don't understand why the Dems. think that human beings can control the course of mother nature... :wall:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482304450|4108728 said:
Tekate|1482268542|4108630 said:
Dancing Fire|1482174637|4108394 said:
Why can't the Dems face the truth?... :confused: it had nothing to do with the Russians. HC lost b/c she is a liar, she is corrupted and ran on a 3rd Obama term.

NOT liking the outcome does not mean we 'can't face the truth'... which I would actually rephase to: find it unbelievable that people voted for Trump in enough numbers that he won the electoral college and hugely lost the vote count'.. Facing the truth, meh.. disgusted, and going to be loud about it, why not DF? the republicans have been so loud, so long, so ridiculously that it's about time the democrats were loud. I read a headline today that said "Ted Cruz said democrats will be obstructionists" I about laughed my a$$ off... Cruz stopped more legislation any any other republican.. Why can't republicans face the truth that Trump is terrible for America? that is what I would like to know.. what in their minds makes them think he will ever be good for lost jobs? don't people read? nope.
We'll know 4 yrs from now. Until then we should give Trump a chance to prove himself as being a good leader.

Nope. http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/09/trump-supporters-give-chance-forget-treated-president-obama.html

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482347890|4108794 said:
part gypsy|1482328609|4108747 said:
I'm sorry, I don't need 4 years to know he is going to be a terrible president. His actions and words up to now have already shown he is bad news, and most likely unfit to be president. And his cabinet picks. Like Putin, literally selling out his own country lock, stock, barrel to enrich the few at the expense of the many.
Forget about the presidency. The Dems. should wonder why Americans are kicking them out of the house and the senate too. The answer? b/c Americans are tire of the liberal policies for the past 8 yrs under Obama.

Well STATES have been kicking out democrats, there is and was an undercurrent of racism in America in reference to Obama. Is it liberal politics or is it gerrymandering in these states by republicans? look at NC, (btw i lived there for 7 years) they just stripped their governor of power they voted for a republican governor? this is ethical, this is America? my god we have sunk so low it's beyond. Is is lies that people believe funneled through sites that feed the fear and dislike that people feel, are afraid to say (till Trumpie), even though all they read are Russian lies? people do not fact check.. they go on 'feelings'.. I feel like Hillary is a bad person.. I feel she did something wrong about Benghazi.. I deal in facts, like 'em or not. If Trump makes America greater than it already is, (because it is great, always has been).. can bring back manufacturing jobs (which are done much by computers and software so I guess he will have to prohibit software).. rid the mideast of wars that have been going on for centuries (as much as Americans THINK radical muslims hate us, they hate each other more.. Sunni vs Shiite, there's a fight to the death, us, not as much, if we stayed out of the middle east they wouldn't even bother us, too many of their own to kill, if Trump does what he said he would do, I'll admit it.. if he starts back alley abortions again through policy, I will never give him a kudo.. we are in a modern world.

So DF, how much gerrymandering has affected those republican states? suppressing the vote? hey in Texas the voting precincts were unbelievable, I (in northwest Austin) voted with people in Houston.. yup. Unbelievable. But I look forward to being proven wrong, but I doubt it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Texas_redistricting#/media/File:Texas_redistricting_-_2002_and_2004.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482364499|4108874 said:
How did Republicans do so well? I personally think the average American's critical thinking skills are at an all time low. I see people citing information and facts that are just plain lies and disinformation but never checking the original sources, because as long as it conforms to ones belief, truth doesn't really matter. Like global warming is a Chinese hoax, or... why bother.
It is!. I don't understand why the Dems. think that human beings can control the course of mother nature... :wall:

Well science says so.. explain to my why they can't. Why can't we? we have been given knowledge (either by god or by science whichever I don't care) why can't we ??

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1482416239|4108965 said:

Well science says so.. explain to my why they can't. Why can't we? we have been given knowledge (either by god or by science whichever I don't care) why can't we ??

We have made progress against the "hole" in the ozone layer, another man-made environmental issue of global proportions. At least, it seems it has been stabilized and not getting worse since about the mid-1990's. http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/WorldOfChange/ozone.php (Remember that the The Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer was initially agreed to in late 1987, and didn't fully enter into force until late 1989.)

Of course, if you don't believe climate change is influenced or caused by human activity, despite the scientific evidence and the opinions of the majority of scientists who have studied the issue, well, that's a whole 'nuther story.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty|1482437267|4109045 said:

We have made progress against the "hole" in the ozone layer, another man-made environmental issue of global proportions. At least, it seems it has been stabilized and not getting worse since about the mid-1990's. http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/WorldOfChange/ozone.php (Remember that the The Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer was initially agreed to in late 1987, and didn't fully enter into force until late 1989.)

Of course, if you don't believe climate change is influenced or caused by human activity, despite the scientific evidence and the opinions of the majority of scientists who have studied the issue, well, that's a whole 'nuther story.

BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Apparently 1.2 billion believe a virgin had a baby.
Need I say more?

Critical thinking is dying.
Science has been Trumped by whatever makes you feel good.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1482442423|4109063 said:
VRBeauty|1482437267|4109045 said:

BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

Many (not all) are taught from basically birth not to question the existence of the family's chosen deity and encouraged to have absolute, blind faith. So it follows that what they are taught during their formative years overrides those shreds of human logic and rationale in their brains. And they are right to be skeptical of science and question human ideas/theories/concepts--after all humans are the very ones who've exploited the human fear of death and the unfamiliar to keep each other in line for thousands of years, the sheisters. Hmmm, who else exploits entire populations' fear of the unfamiliar? Muslims? Mexicans? But hey, let's all hush and give him a CHANCE, people, gosh darn it! :wall:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Then tell those scientist to bring some warm weather to the midwest... :rolleyes: I don't think the midwest states believe in global warming, just a left-wing agenda!.. :knockout:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1482448267|4109075 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

Many (not all) are taught from basically birth not to question the existence of the family's chosen deity and encouraged to have absolute, blind faith. So it follows that what they are taught during their formative years overrides those shreds of human logic and rationale in their brains. And they are right to be skeptical of science and question human ideas/theories/concepts--after all humans are the very ones who've exploited the human fear of death and the unfamiliar to keep each other in line for thousands of years, the sheisters. Hmmm, who else exploits entire populations' fear of the unfamiliar? Muslims? Mexicans? But hey, let's all hush and give him a CHANCE, people, gosh darn it! :wall:

Please don't make the mistake of believing that all people who believe in a God also eschew science. John Glenn is just one example of people who are part of a mainstream religion, but still believe in scientific principles. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-saw-the-face-of-god/?utm_term=.807aa3b46157) And there are many religious sub-groups whose members are more likely than the populace as a whole to believe that climate change is real, and caused by human activity (http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/10/22/religion-and-views-on-climate-and-energy-issues/ - this is based on data gathered in 2010;
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...orced-by-new-research/?utm_term=.24f6fd6778f1) I suspect more current studies will show even stronger support for climate change theories and the need for greenhouse gas mitigation among the U.S. religious - just as the it's increasing among the general population. In fact Catholics - those fervent believers in the virgin birth - will likely show the largest shifts towards supporting climate change intervention, due to the current Pope's environmentalism. ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Some of you have now moved from calling Trump supporters stupid to calling people who have faith in a religion as having no rationale or logic? Shame on you for bringing that kind of intolerance here.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482450666|4109080 said:

Then tell those scientist to bring some warm weather to the midwest... :rolleyes: I don't think the midwest states believe in global warming, just a left-wing agenda!.. :knockout:

Hahaha! I'm in the Midwest. In 2012 (and that is not the only year we've experienced similar) it was 80 degrees in January. And it continued to stay warm to hot all winter and spring...in July we had the most consecutive days of 100 degree weather Indiana had ever recorded. How do I remember what year it was? I was pregnant and had my daughter at the end of May. I was miserable and hot the whole time, and even after she was born I couldn't take her outside for more than a few minutes at a time because of the sweltering (it's very humid here) heat. We have blizzards and we also have intense heat. 2012 was a record-setter. Also? IN is a red state.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty|1482458312|4109102 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

Please don't make the mistake of believing that all people who believe in a God also eschew science. John Glenn is just one example of people who are part of a mainstream religion, but still believe in scientific principles. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-saw-the-face-of-god/?utm_term=.807aa3b46157) And there are many religious sub-groups whose members are more likely than the populace as a whole to believe that climate change is real, and caused by human activity (http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/10/22/religion-and-views-on-climate-and-energy-issues/ - this is based on data gathered in 2010;
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...orced-by-new-research/?utm_term=.24f6fd6778f1) I suspect more current studies will show even stronger support for climate change theories and the need for greenhouse gas mitigation among the U.S. religious - just as the it's increasing among the general population. In fact Catholics - those fervent believers in the virgin birth - will likely show the largest shifts towards supporting climate change intervention, due to the current Pope's environmentalism. ;-)

No no no. I said "many" and "not all." I am well aware that not every person who practices a religion or simply has faith in a higher power is not capable of understanding and supporting science!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I learned in Philosophy that there are many, many scientists that believe in a designer/maker. They may not necessarily believe in the God of Abraham, but they stated that the more and more they studied the universe, the more they believed there had to be a higher power.

Evolution does not negate a higher power. It speaks to the higher power's genius.

Furthermore, the line drawn between those who believe in God and Global Climate Change is very...weird. I believe in both.

And DF...it isn't global warming. It is Global Climate Change.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintagelover229|1482497853|4109158 said:
Just leave this here: cold case dectivie and atheist decided to use his skills to prove that the gospals were not true. Since you know, many of us have blind faith and are fools for believing in a virgin birth.

http://www.bethinking.org/bible/review-of-cold-case-christianity

Many of us are considered damned and lost because we don't believe in a virgin birth and the whole christian tale. Great thing about life in the USA (at least) is that we are made up of all kinds of believers and non believers and as long as we don't force the other to give up their beliefs we all get along.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/billy-graham-when-unsaved-sinner-dies-they-go-hell

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1482502104|4109174 said:
Just leave this here: cold case dectivie and atheist decided to use his skills to prove that the gospals were not true. Since you know, many of us have blind faith and are fools for believing in a virgin birth.

Many of us are considered damned and lost because we don't believe in a virgin birth and the whole christian tale. Great thing about life in the USA (at least) is that we are made up of all kinds of believers and non believers and as long as we don't force the other to give up their beliefs we all get along.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/billy-graham-when-unsaved-sinner-dies-they-go-hell

There is a general belief that yes, if you don't believe in Christ that you are damned to hell-however there is some interpenetration of the scriptures that believe that hell in its fire burning sense of the word is actually only for the fallen angels that have meddled into man kinds business and are causing all sorts of evil and vile things in this world-such as child sacrifices and giving powers to humans/man who participate in these sorts of rituals-which yes are very real.
That actually what happens to those who don't believe in God though faith (a higher power/creation) actually cease to exist instead of having eternal life-since they didn't have faith prior to death.
I don't claim to know the answers to these things-in fact-I believe that is up to God to decide since well-he's the just one and I'm just a part of creation. What I do know however-is that I am tired of religion in general and everyone who believes one thing or another-claiming they know everything or condemning others due to their religious or political beliefs. A relationship with the creator is NOT religion-but many get their faith/a relationship from religion when actually they may be separate things. Religion is a conditional relationship and many times, control based. Faith is a trust in a higher power that you don't see/understand fully-but accept as a truth as much as the air we breath.

Until we can all put aside how we interpret things, and work together for the common good of ALL people-the USA and the world is going to continue in the downward spiral. Which is where my faith comes in-I believe that it will not improve-sadly-and that the only way to prevent the destruction of this beautiful planet and all life on it is a God based intervention. Not the CIA, not Russia, not trump and not Clinton.

I'm sure my post will be reported for 'discussing religion' since so many on these boards have shown their intolerance of those with faith-but hey-that's life!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintagelover229|1482503006|4109181 said:
Tekate|1482502104|4109174 said:

There is a general belief that yes, if you don't believe in Christ that you are damned to hell-however there is some interpenetration of the scriptures that believe that hell in its fire burning sense of the word is actually only for the fallen angels that have meddled into man kinds business and are causing all sorts of evil and vile things in this world-such as child sacrifices and giving powers to humans/man who participate in these sorts of rituals-which yes are very real.
That actually what happens to those who don't believe in God though faith (a higher power/creation) actually cease to exist instead of having eternal life-since they didn't have faith prior to death.
I don't claim to know the answers to these things-in fact-I believe that is up to God to decide since well-he's the just one and I'm just a part of creation. What I do know however-is that I am tired of religion in general and everyone who believes one thing or another-claiming they know everything or condemning others due to their religious or political beliefs. A relationship with the creator is NOT religion-but many get their faith/a relationship from religion when actually they may be separate things. Religion is a conditional relationship and many times, control based. Faith is a trust in a higher power that you don't see/understand fully-but accept as a truth as much as the air we breath.

Until we can all put aside how we interpret things, and work together for the common good of ALL people-the USA and the world is going to continue in the downward spiral. Which is where my faith comes in-I believe that it will not improve-sadly-and that the only way to prevent the destruction of this beautiful planet and all life on it is a God based intervention. Not the CIA, not Russia, not trump and not Clinton.

I'm sure my post will be reported for 'discussing religion' since so many on these boards have shown their intolerance of those with faith-but hey-that's life!

Well - as one of the damned - I say! Happy Festivus! and living in this wonderful country has given me so much.. my kids, my great husband.. and peace.. So here's to a 17! full of fun, laughter and good tidings!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1482500478|4109164 said:
Call it whatever... human beings can't control the course of mother nature. There will always be warming and freezing somewhere on earth.Hurricanes, floods and droughts will always be part of mother nature which we can't change.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482512742|4109208 said:
Call it whatever... human beings can't control the course of mother nature. There will always be warming and freezing somewhere on earth.Hurricanes, floods and droughts will always be part of mother nature which we can't change.

Dancing Fire, Your starting to scare me. Have you heard of science???

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1482515031|4109215 said:
Dancing Fire|1482512742|4109208 said:

Dancing Fire, Your starting to scare me. Have you heard of science???
Yes, but I don't believe we humans can change the course of mother nature.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1482466430|4109129 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

No no no. I said "many" and "not all." I am well aware that not every person who practices a religion or simply has faith in a higher power is not capable of understanding and supporting science!

In another thread someone called people who voted for Trump idiots.

Then what would you call someone who made a statement such as above.

You do like to profile people you have absolutely no clue about.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482524934|4109235 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

Kenny! :wink2:

I calls em like I sees em.
Never been a contestant in PS's Faux-Niceness pageant. :roll:

Just honesty, transparency, clarity and integrity.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1482530898|4109247 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

Kenny! :wink2:

I calls em like I sees em.
Never been a contestant in PS's Faux-Niceness pageant. :roll:

Just honesty, transparency, clarity and integrity.

And that is why I responded in kind here and in the other thread of who I feel are acting like whining hypocrites.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I whine and I'm a hypocrite.

There you go.

E B

Ideal_Rock

65e8fca26a3b6817e966628647868aad.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

1. Unclench.

2. Last I checked I am able to share my opinions about things here, just like everyone else. Go police someone else, lady, or put me on "ignore." Also, questions end in question marks, not periods. You're welcome! :wavey:

3. Shall we discuss racial profiling? Super interested in your thoughts on that subject.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1482540849|4109270 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

1. Unclench.

2. Last I checked I am able to share my opinions about things here, just like everyone else. Go police someone else, lady, or put me on "ignore." Also, questions end in question marks, not periods. You're welcome! :wavey:

3. Shall we discuss racial profiling? Super interested in your thoughts on that subject.

And you continue to prove my point!!!!!!!!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482543558|4109275 said:
monarch64|1482540849|4109270 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Need I say more?

1. Unclench.

And you continue to prove my point!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: You are absolutely adorable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results