shape
carat
color
clarity

chrysoberyls... (more advise)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never knew that photographing this stone would be so difficult. It is very bright, and very clear, and somethng is amiss. Its elusive beauty manages to escape the camera. OK, here we are...

I am holding my chrysoberyl bracelet from Jill Anish in one hand and a yellow chrysoberyl from Jeff White in the other hand. Trying to take photos out at daylight. Overcast as usual, but it never gets better anyhow.

chryday111.JPG

crchrbracday111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another daytime photo... bracelet

crchryzbr222.JPG

chrysbrday444.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two together...

twochrysday111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:et's ;ook at evening lights... I tried to avoid bowtie effect, but of course it is still there. The cut of my green chrysoberyl is not great and it shows in some pictures... but the color is awesome.

chrbraceven222.JPG

chrysbreven444.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
evening lights...

twochryseven111.JPG

chryseve111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Different room, very different light...

chrybrevedif222.JPG

chrysdifev111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how I missed this headgear... the one that pilots wear at night.

chrevendiff444.JPG

chrevendif555.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is all... for these of you who are interested... I have tons of this chryso... chryso in very bright light... in a shadow... in a corner ... under the table with a small lamp next to it... what not. It still looks better in real life.

And now a simple question. Jeff's chryso is lemony-yellow. Very bright. It is a small stone without any bezel to back it, so the colors can not even be compared, nor the effects. Should I ask Jill to make a similar ring with Jeff's stone and consider it a parure or should I set Jeff's stone in a different way and look for another green chrysoberyl to make a pair for my bracelet?

chrysevendif333.JPG

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
You brought up before that the cut is not great, but its really glow nicely and I can't see any problem with the cut. But I think that the small round is fading..with this big, bright glowy one around.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I agree about the 2 together -- at least from photos, though RL is hard to tell. The bracelet chryso is so well set, no problem with the cut shows -- it shines out beautifully!

--- Laurie

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet Crasru. :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I think Agnesg is right, that beautiful small round Chrysoberyl seems dwarfed and minimized by that gorgeous bracelet!!!!
So pretty!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The small chrysoberyl looks washed out and insignificant next to the one in your bracelet, which is much more saturated. Beautiful stone (in your bracelet).

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with what everyone else has said. Your bracelet is amazing and I like the smaller chrysoberyl but it does get washed out. Thanks for sharing more pictures, your bracelet is very cool!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Agnesg, JewelFreak, LG, TL (the inspiratrix :lol:), Ooh-Shiney! and Burberrygirl! I love my bracelet. The other stone was bought first and is pretty bright (the cut, I think) so maybe it could stand bezeling but in a different style, I saw such bezels on someone here... when I get the money. After my several very recent purchases, I should put myself on a very strict gem-free diet.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
crasru|1291101306|2782517 said:
Thank you, Agnesg, JewelFreak, LG, TL (the inspiratrix :lol:), Ooh-Shiney! and Burberrygirl! I love my bracelet. The other stone was bought first and is pretty bright (the cut, I think) so maybe it could stand bezeling but in a different style, I saw such bezels on someone here... when I get the money. After my several very recent purchases, I should put myself on a very strict gem-free diet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love that bracelet. I'm a huge fan of the blackened silver and gold look, so I would suggest that you have Jill make a blackened silver and gold ring with the Jeff White stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t sweat the cut on the bracelet chrysoberyl because the colour looks good. The smaller JW round is pale in comparison but because of the cut, it looks to be quite the sparkler. Have you tried the shiny aluminum foil trick to see how well the smaller chrysoberyl will look if bezeled?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, FlyGirl! Thank you for the advise!

Chrono - nice to hear from you! I thought about it, but the stone is paler. I was afraid that silver aluminum foil might make it paler. But since you are advising it , I might try!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try it with the foil first to see if you like it, just from the perspective of bezeling it. Can one use a permanent marker on foil to mimic the blackened silver look? :read:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I foiled it and it definitely deepened the color although it does not match the greenish stone in the bracelet. But it is very shiny. I came to think that like in alexandrite, the depth of the cut matters a lot for chrysoberyl. The deeper, the better it performs. Since it is such a bright stone, it can get away with a "bowtie" effect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results