shape
carat
color
clarity

christmas spirit 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
so i''ve been waiting and waiting for someone to start the christmas stuff thread and noone has so i''m gonna! i loved looking at all the christmas decor last year (i esp remeber ann''s!!!) and since this is our first christmas together with our first tree together i''ve been really excited! anyway here''s our tree (and our brand new clock that i just love!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ginger, your tree is beautiful!

DH took my camera to the Bears game tonight in St. Louis (Bears kicked A&%, yay!), but let me see if I have a few preliminary shots of Christmas spirit...

Here''s one, don''t know if I resized it correctly, but it''s one of my little "themed" displays of things I''ve collected over the years...this one happens to be everything white, including some Snowbaby figurine things, etc...

white06.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, an image of a crystal bottle stopper attached to a bottle of wine DH and I were drinking while we decorated the tree the weekend before last...

btlstpr06.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our tree, undecorated, (but LIT, kind of like we were last Saturday night, lol!)with lots of fun cardboard boxes which held our ornaments before I spread them out on the dining room table (see next pic)!

mhtree06.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a table full of what goes on our "big tree" in the LR...and I got rid of the crap-a*% multi-color glass balls which were starting to tarnish that we bought for $2.99 per box at a grocery store the year we got engaged (4 yrs. ago!) and replaced them with some lovely $1.99 per box Target silver balls this year, LOL! Nothing like mixing some Radkos and Waterfords with Target cheapies, hee hee...I can''t resist a bargain, though!

tablemh06.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more shot of the undecorated tree...lol

ETA: That's it for now. Ginger, thanks for starting this thread--love your clock, btw!

Maybe when DH comes home I can take more pics of the tree "decorated" as well as the other three smaller ones we put up that are "themed"...I LOVE Christmas!

mdtree06.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe thanks for starting it ginger! i meant to do it last weekend when we got our tree (actually now 2 weekends ago) but i just got so busy and then i got sick. i took some pictures of our stuff and haven''t uploaded them yet...i will try to do it soon. this year we have TWO trees...we finally got a fake one for downstairs by our french doors and then our family room tree is still real and smaller this year...!

love the tree ginger and the clock is awesome too. monarch get to decorating girl!
5.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2006 1:43:49 AM
Author: Mara
hehe thanks for starting it ginger! i meant to do it last weekend when we got our tree (actually now 2 weekends ago) but i just got so busy and then i got sick. i took some pictures of our stuff and haven''t uploaded them yet...i will try to do it soon. this year we have TWO trees...we finally got a fake one for downstairs by our french doors and then our family room tree is still real and smaller this year...!

love the tree ginger and the clock is awesome too. monarch get to decorating girl!
5.gif
LOL, girllll....my decorating is just about finished! All the ornaments are scrunched up on the tree way too close together because the puppy can reach the lower branches...we couldn''t even put down the tree skirt, and forget about wrapped presents placed underneath this year! Last year we THOUGHT we could trust our 3 yr. old dog, but his beagle nose searched out my MIL''s scarf with pockets that had fur trim on them, ripped open the wrap and box and ate the fur trim. Alas, we''ll be sorta bare-bones this year as far as decorating...everything up on the table!

Can''t wait to see yours, Mara! Surely you won''t have to barricade your trees from Portia this year?

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Ginger!
I love the height of your ceilings! I''m very jealous. The clock looks great, and love the roaring fire!

I want to play too! This is our first Christmas tree together too, and my first REAL tree since I was like 5 (we
always had a fake one.)

We don''t have a lot of ornaments at all, we''ve been putting paper cranes and other origami shapes up in the tree for now.

Here''s Penny investigating the strange new tree. Oh yeah, and that''s an old towel on the floor... classy, eh?

inspectthetree.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love Christams trees! I hope more people will post them... Decorating the tree is a big thing in my family so we''re waiting until everyone''s done with school and back home, we''ll probably so it on the 23rd or 24th. I''ll post pictures for sure!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a shot of our apartment, which is currently arranged a little awkwardly in order to put the tree in the front window. It''s only a 4.5'' tree, even though we have 10'' ceilings- we have nowhere to store a bigger tree once it''s back in the box (this one fits under our bed). I love our Target tree topper!

47b6cc29b3127cce8054c225a06d00000016102BYuGTZwyYw

DH and our Brady dog also make an appearance :)

And this is a Christmas-y picture too, at a recent Chrismtas party (hey, it''s in front of a tree!)

47b6cc28b3127cce805dc26398d100000015102BYuGTZwyYw

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing everyones decorations. Thanks GingerB for starting this.
Holiday decorating can be fun or in my case, exhausting. I''ll try to post a few pics.
First one is a gold metal tree, about 3ft tall, with crystals, silver ornaments and family pics in little frames.

christmas 018.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay i''m so happy to see ann here, your pictures are always the best treat, hehehe. my house looks like the grinch''s compared to yours!

monnie...we''ll have to barricade the PRESENTS from princess p this year again, or else she''ll open them! but she leaves the tree itself alone...she''s stayed alone with it since we''ve had it and not gone near it, but put the wrapped presents underneath it and it''s all over!! hehe.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This is our family room tree, it''s just a tree with too many ornaments! The star on top is Radko''s new one this year, but poor thing looks lost up there!

christmas 019.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Living room mantle. I love tree toppers - I have asked "Santa" to start me a new Radko 12 Days of Christmas tree topper collection this year. We''ll see if he finds them, tee hee!

christmas 015.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Mark Roberts Christmas Fairy tree in the entry. Last year after Christmas, DH and son picked this tree up and carried it upstairs, decorated, to a storage room!! I loved this year that all I had to do was plug the stinker in. Of course, the center section lights are burned out, but I can fix that.

christmas 014.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee, I love that picture of your baby just staring at the tree - too cute. It''s as if she is not sure what to think.

Mara, do you think your darling baby is just trying to see what Santa is going to bring her? ha ha!
My friend has a cat that will climb up in the tree and try to hide from her. The tree is gigantic and so far, has supported that silly cat''s antics. But I''m waiting for a phone call saying the cat toppled the tree.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
dining room, the table was not decorated when I took this shot.

christmas 016.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

everyones'' house looks so great! love seeing all this christmas stuff! we''re just barely starting our collection so no mantel stuff or themed tables for us yet this year. I''m keeping my eye out during the after christmas sales though!

and ann! you are the christmas queen! your house always looks so full of holiday fun!

smilekneelsuckers.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
after holiday sales are my FAVE. i typically pick up a few things from RH, pottery barn, crate and barrel and then anywhere else that i happen into where they are having a sale.

i was telling greg that this year finally the house feels like it''s decorated to just the right amount. like not too much, not too little and i finally have enough ''stuff'' to where i can pick and choose how i want to decorate or where i want to put something and i don''t have to use EVERYTHING i have to make it look good. he''s like ''so that means you don''t have to buy anymore stuff?'' hahah in your dreams sweetie.

to his chagrin, my holiday decorating boxes take up a whole big pallet of storage in the garage. he would love it if i would stop buying holiday items.
37.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 1:54:22 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

everyones'' house looks so great! love seeing all this christmas stuff! we''re just barely starting our collection so no mantel stuff or themed tables for us yet this year. I''m keeping my eye out during the after christmas sales though!

and ann! you are the christmas queen! your house always looks so full of holiday fun!
Ha, I do the same decorations every year. Makes it easier that way. We have 2 attics and the walk in one is packed floor to ceiling with plastic tubs of decoarations. But every year, I just have to buy something else and then that means 1 more storage tub to add to the pack. It''s too much and I say every year I will cut back doing so much decoarating, maybe I''ll actually do that 1 year!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Here is our tree
emteeth.gif

PC120008.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2006 12:21:55 AM
Author:gingerBcookie
i loved looking at all the christmas decor last year

As soon as I read this I had to go take a look at last year's thread to refresh my memory about it. (It was in Hangout.) I thought I'd post a link to it in case anyone else had a mind that worked like mine. No offense intended ;-).

Deb
34.gif

Christmas 2005

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
I am so completely inspired!
Thanks for posting the link Deb, I never saw that last year, guess I was too caught up in wedding planning.
I''m SO going to take advantage of the after Christmas sales!
Think I''ll run out and get some ribbon in the meantime.
Our tree looks a little pre-school pathetic with all the paper ornaments on it... tee hee, but I love it because it''s ours!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay here''s ours!! There are a handful so bear with me...hehee.

Our family room real tree...! We had to find a new place for it this year and get a smaller one because of our entertainment unit we got this year, it takes up the whole space where the tree used to fit last year.

Christmas 2006 g.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is a closeup of the family room tree, i collect the ornaments from year to year...my faves are red and gold! see our little gold portia dog??

Christmas 2006 d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is the downstairs fakey tree...it''s really pretty in person, all gold. the downstairs room is mostly greens and golds. i tried to get some good pictures of the stairway decor as well leading down but it came out too dark in the whole picture.

Christmas 2006 b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here''s the downstairs room with the mantel etc.

Christmas 2006 a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the mantel with our wreath and our little restoration hardware initials..if we had a REAL mantel we could hang stockings!

Christmas 2006 e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one...the entryway. it looks super cozy in person, because it leads right into the living room where the fakey tree is...but i couldn't get the whole thing in one picture!

i wanted to get our dining room and upper shelf thing that overlooks into the downstairs from the dining room as it has some cool huge glittery pottery barn stars on it...but i forgot! maybe i'll take another picture tomorrow.

everyone's trees look fab!! i love decor!

Christmas 2006f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results