shape
carat
color
clarity

christmas spirit 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i love holiday decor! unfortunately for us, our place is too small for a tree. i bought two tiny fakey trees (about 2 feet each) and put them on each side of our tv.

i love seeing all your photos.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, did you ever post an updated picture of your entertainment unit? I would like to see what you did with it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe tacori, it hasn''t changed too much from when we bought it, i mean sure it has stuff in it but i didn''t ever do anything behind the TV on that wall. i maybe eventuallly will but for now we liked the way it looked the way it is. and with some holiday stuff in it, it looks even more cozy, we LOVE the EC. it''s perfect for our decor style....which i guess i could describe as kind of a little modern but still with a bit of a traditional feel. i love mixing things like french country pieces with more california looking kind of wrought iron decor or with funky kind of textured colored vases.

if i get a chance i will dust off the EC and take a picture of it this wkd.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Aww, everyone''s decoratiions look so nice. We didn''t put up a tree this year since we will be moving soon, but we did decorate outside. Next year we will definitely have nice pictures for everyone, God willing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i took two more pictures today...one is the view from the family room to show the decor on the landing and the railings etc.

christmas 2006 h.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and for tacori...our entertainment unit, hehee. ignore the MONDO pile of magazines and catalogs on the ottoman, i seriously need to to through those, lol!

christmas 2006 i.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh. Mara, your house is just too cute!!!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is some serious reading/shopping. I love all the x-mas stuff! I still think it would look great with a darker paint color behind it but I can totally relate about taking time to do anything. My mom got me those gallery frames from RE for wedding pics and it is still sitting in the box it was shipped in.
19.gif
I''ll get around to it someday. Haha.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a picture of our tree. I tried to get The Demon to pose in front of it in his antlers, but his eyes are all weird and green!

tree30001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s one a little farther back.

We only did a tree this year and not the Christmas Village. The idea of digging it out of the garage and setting it up in a way that The Demon couldn''t get to it and eat all the little people was just too much for me this season. Last year he was sh!tting tiny plastic ice skaters long into the spring, LOL.

tree50001.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 12:57:42 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
And here''s one a little farther back.

We only did a tree this year and not the Christmas Village. The idea of digging it out of the garage and setting it up in a way that The Demon couldn''t get to it and eat all the little people was just too much for me this season. Last year he was sh!tting tiny plastic ice skaters long into the spring, LOL.
ROTFLMAO!!!! That is HILARIOUS!! hehee,,everytime i get amnetal picture i crack up!!

loving all the decor pics! i''m feeling very nspired for next year and can''t wait to hit the after christmas sales!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah, he was REALLY unhappy when the pairs skaters decided they wanted out. Talk about a triple axel!!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That just made my night DJ. Love it! Love your tree too!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
what a cool thread! i love christmas! here is a pic of our living room with our real fraser fur tree to the left that my DH and i picked out at a tree farm and he chopped down himself. to the right is our fiber-optic tree we got from our realtor last year when we first moved into our house.

xmas1.jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
better view of the tree (not in direct sunlight)

xmas2.jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
our 2006 ornament: i really want a puppy, and this was as close as they come according to my DH! (maybe I''ll get lucky and get a real dog for Christmas?)
17.gif

xmas3.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rosebud: I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you to get a puppy!

Here''s our tree. It''s been up for a few weeks so it''s looking a bit tired.

KJTree.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And here''s Santa and the MistleToad hanging out on the bar

KJBar.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And finally, our very sad looking fireplace. We have yet to decorate the house at all, so it didn''t seem right to go all out for Christmas. Home decorating is my project for 2007, we''ll see if I get up the nerve to do it!

KJLFireplace.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love everyone''s pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww kimberly, if anything you should go all out on the house for xmas!! it will make it seem more homey. our townhouse didn''t really feel like a true home til we celebrated a christmas in it. that mantel is SCREAMING for some frothy green garland, ahahha.

love everyone''s trees and decor, more!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 12:45:34 PM
Author: Mara
awww kimberly, if anything you should go all out on the house for xmas!! it will make it seem more homey. our townhouse didn''t really feel like a true home til we celebrated a christmas in it. that mantel is SCREAMING for some frothy green garland, ahahha.

love everyone''s trees and decor, more!!!

I didn''t feel like I could spend money on Christmas decorations until we actually decorated the house for real. The living room and dining room (which are actually one large combined room) are done (and actually look really nice!), but the rest of the house is pretty sparse. I went from an 800 sq. ft. condo to a 4000 sq. ft. house so my office ended up with most of my living/office furniture in it. We bought new couches for the family room but the knick-knack homey touches have to wait until the house John lived in prior to this one sales (it''s been on the market for a while and we all know how slow real estate has gotten in CA). We''ve hung a few pictures and added a few personal touches but are holding off on the big stuff (pictures, new bedroom drapes, duvet, etc.) so that we can turn the house into something we love long term as opposed to just being decorated with not so nice stuff so that it''s done.

I am also not very good at picking things out, I am way too obsessed with matching and things end up monochromatic, so the project is extremely daunting. I know what i like but I have a hard time pulling things together. So silly!!! Most of the house is screaming for attention. We''ll get there, it''s my big project for 2007.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 5:46:58 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Ahahahahahah!
MistleTOAD! cute!

I''m excited, I just bought a ton of "retro" Christmas tree ornaments (circa 1940) from ebay for our tree! Can''t wait for them to come so that I can decorate that baby up!

Just hung stockings too... whew, Christmas is in how many days?

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I love the color of your walls! I''ve been looking for a perfect neutral. What is it?

It''s fun to see everyone''s trees. We''re getting ours today!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a shot of the outside of our house.

outsidelightspic1.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 1:31:06 PM
Author: Tybee

Date: 12/18/2006 5:46:58 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Ahahahahahah!
MistleTOAD! cute!

I''m excited, I just bought a ton of ''retro'' Christmas tree ornaments (circa 1940) from ebay for our tree! Can''t wait for them to come so that I can decorate that baby up!

Just hung stockings too... whew, Christmas is in how many days?
Oh how cool, you bought retro ornaments! Please post pics - I have to see them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cool pic mrs salvo!!

thanks emerald...i''m not sure exactly what it''s called...i can look when i go home but i think it was a mix/blend i think. our painter chose it for us when i showed him a pottery barn picture of a room that i loved that was a slightly darker neutral taupe. this turned out a TINY bit lighter than i had anticipated and i wouldn''t mind if it was a bit darker but for the most part we love it as it is a great neutral and other colors pop so well against it. we had 3/4 of the house done in it, all the main areas. i think he took a regular BM color and lightened it up a bit to get our color.

now pottery barn has their own set of colors, they do all the rooms in their magazines and catalogs with them!! it''s PERFECT because i wish they had that when we were looking, i could have gotten the exact color they used. so i would totally check that out...they are benjamin moore colors and they have the swatches at a local BM store or retailer. i love PB colors as they are all pretty wonderfully neutral.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s what we''ve got so far. Keep in mind, it''s our first tree in our first real house together. (Still waiting for retro ornaments from ebay seller... hope they make it before the holidays!)
Here''s our tree so far.

treesofar.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Our lights are all green, I actually wanted all white lights, but they were out! So we went with all green, I actually like it a lot!
Here''s one of our fireplaces. Our house actually has three, none of which are working. Our house was built in 1930, all the fireplaces were built for coal, but they''re pretty, and I put candles and stuff in them.

stockings.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
4 stockings are two for us, two for the dogs. I picked up the most simple stockings I could find from Target. These were supposed to spell NOEL, but we must have gotten a reject pack! They spell NONL (LOL!!) I''ll try to stitch our names into them, or something at some point! I love Christmas, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results