shape
carat
color
clarity

Christies announces Elizabeth Taylor auction

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Oscar Heyman diamond and emerald necklace. Ms. Taylor certainly had a variety of magnificent emerald and diamond pieces.

Elizabeth Taylor Oscar Heyman diamond and emerald necklace.jpg

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Emerald and diamond earrings.

Another pair of Elizabeth Taylor diamond and emerald earrings.jpg

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Van Cleef & Arpels "Daisy" necklace.

Elizabeth Taylor Van Cleef & Arpels Reine Marguerite necklace.jpg

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
More pictures of the Elizabeth Taylor diamond.

Another pic of the Elizabeth Taylor diamond.jpg

Another pic of the Elizabeth Taylor diamond - 2.jpg

Elizabeth Taylor (Krupp) diamond.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'll always think of it as the Krupp diamond because that's what I've been doing for over forty years. I just can't break the habit. YMMV.

Thanks. I love these pictures. More if you can please! :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Her collection is gonna be in LA and NY... anyone going? i already got my tickets.. :)

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I don't know, I think that it's a great tribute to her.

Alfried Krupp was a supplier of materiel and weapons to the Nazis and Dame Elizabeth actually used to remark that it was fitting that this large diamond which had been part of such a notorious fortune is now worn by a Jewish woman.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AGSHF|1315616717|3014104 said:
Elizabeth Taylor's diamond, emerald and gold "Snake" bracelet watch, by Bulgari, circa 1961. Auction estimate: $12,000-$15,000

I highly doubt someone's going to get this for $12k- $15k.

The watch inside is a JLC. It has the same face as my (now sold) JLC MUT. I was amazed when I found out that the great Elizabeth Taylor and I had basically chosen the same watch. I'd buy this if I could afford it. Unfortunately, these estimates are kind of joke.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AGSHF|1317182293|3027574 said:
Oh, I don't know, I think that it's a great tribute to her.

Alfried Krupp was a supplier of materiel and weapons to the Nazis and Dame Elizabeth actually used to remark that it was fitting that this large diamond which had been part of such a notorious fortune is now worn by a Jewish woman.

Yes, I suppose. Personally I still think it's a marketing ploy by the estate and Christie's.

And yes, I know all about the famous remark. Well played by the great Elizabeth Taylor. I believe she converted to Judaism when she married Eddie Fisher and remained converted for the rest of her life. That's all true. I don't believe the great Elizabeth Taylor had an evil bone in her body. Even the thought of such a thing is absurd.

And I did say in my post before I edited it that she wouldn't in my opinion name a diamond after herself but I guess the Taylor-Burton blew that theory out of the water.

My personal belief is that she sold the Taylor-Burton because it was too big for her taste (she didn't have to sell it and I think she donated the money). My personal belief is that the Elizabeth Taylor diamond was, like Goldilocks and the three bowls of porridge, or chairs, or whatever they were, the one that was "just right". Most of us wouldn't need a 30-40 kt diamond to get one that was "just right" but there was no end to her ability to wear great jewels. She didn't just choose them. She wore them to perfection.

I'd take the Cartier platinum, ruby, and diamond set if I had to choose. I think the VCA gold, kunzite, and amethyst set is one of the most beautiful things I've seen too. So I'll take the Cartier set, the VCA set, and the watch as small tokens to remember her by. Um, in my dreams.

They're also auctioning off her Hollywood memorabilia. That collection alone is probably filled with the most rare and fantastic stuff. Can you imagine?

She's my favorite movie actress. I was shocked and saddened when she died.

At least we get to see her collections (paintings too). To me, it's a fascinating window on the life of my favorite actress from Hollywood's Golden Age, a woman whose remarkable talent and stunning beauty will live on not just in fame but in legend. :love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just called Christie's NY office, and they said that tickets for the NY exhibit will go on sale at the end of October.

Those new pictures of the Krupp diamond are fantastic :appl: :love:

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Sadly, I don't live in any of the cities where her collection will be exhibited. I did see the VCA ruby and diamond suite at the Cartier in America exhibit last year. I will be ordering the Christie's catalogs pertaining to her jewelry collection. It will be great to see it all "collected" in one place. I hope the catalog photos will be good; the photos on Christie's website are so dead.

Madam Bijoux and ForteKitty, if you attend, please report back.

Imdanny, I'm in no position to ascribe motives to her actions or words. I was just reporting what I'd read somewhere in a biography. For someone who lived such a scrutinized life, she was remarkably private about much of it.

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1317216956|3027749 said:
Those new pictures of the Krupp diamond are fantastic :appl: :love:

Oh, I agree! I can almost believe someone is about to hand it to me! To dream!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty|1317181903|3027569 said:
Her collection is gonna be in LA and NY... anyone going? i already got my tickets.. :)

Got mine! I can't wait.

eta-they are allowing still photography. :sun:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Okay, just a reminder that im bidding on the Elizabeth Taylor diamond at the auction and so no one here had better bid against me! :bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1317398534|3029742 said:
Okay, just a reminder that im bidding on the Elizabeth Taylor diamond at the auction and so no one here had better bid against me! :bigsmile:

:bigsmile:

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
coatimundi|1317314721|3028790 said:
ForteKitty|1317181903|3027569 said:

Got mine! I can't wait.

eta-they are allowing still photography. :sun:
I got my ticket today and I'm way too excited about it!! Sooooo glad they're allowing still photography... :appl:

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I went to the exhibit yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it! Though I must say I was expecting to see more pieces (as eye-popping as they were!) than what was included. I would dearly love to see the entire collection when it's shown in New York City in December, but I can only dream. Also, it would have been wonderful if each jewelry piece or outfit had been displayed with a picture of its glamorous owner wearing it.

Erika W. already posted excellent write-ups and photographs from the exhibit, so I'll just post my favorite piece of the evening -- an Art Nouveau Enamel and Multi-gem Butterfly Brooch, by Boucheron. Now I have to figure out how to scrape together $15,000 so I can place my bid... ;))

ETaylorArtNouveauButterflyBrooch.JPG

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get ready! Tickets to the New York exhibit go on sale at 12:00 noon today EST!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It took me 1 1/2 hours to get into the website, but I finally have my tickert =)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my tickets! I'll be dragging hubby along on the first Sunday showing in NYC, I can't wait!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rumor of the day: David Beckham wants to buy the Krupp Diamond.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1320255148|3052640 said:
Rumor of the day: David Beckham wants to buy the Krupp Diamond.

LOL!

I hope you too can take pictures and share them with us!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Auction soon! I briefly looked at Christies--there appeared to be a lot of "recent" pieces--I wonder if she received gifts as I wouldn't have suspected she was buying "charm" or bangle bracelets (for example) in the last few years...

cheers--Sharon

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
She had some to die for pieces!

They just don't make 'em like that anymore (in reference to Liz)!

In case anyone's interested, this week's National Enquirer has as cutout to enter a contest to win a pair of Liz's gold 80's Chanel earrings. She has worn them several times, they are two huge CC logos. I entered, and it was my first time ever entering a contest like that lol! I just love Liz. The earrings are nothing compared to her jewels but they would still be a neat heirloom.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results