shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing between two 2.30 ct rounds TONIGHT!

Caspian12

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I posted here before and got some great responses. I'm hoping to get your thoughts on this one because I need to make a decision by midnight (CT)...or else the price goes up.

These are two 2.30 ct rounds I went to see in person and I don't have any IS or ASET images. But I did check them out with my ASET scope and they looked pretty good.

Here is a picture of the both of them.

img_1436_2.jpg

Here is the left one alone.

img_1438_6.jpg

And here is the right one alone.

img_1442.jpg

One of them (I think the left one) is a G color / HCA 1.0 with the following measurements:
Depth: 62.13%
Table: 56.9%
Crown Angle: 34.66%
Pavillion Angle: 40.67%
Culet: None

The other one (I think the right one) is a H color / HCA 0.9 with the following measurements:
Depth: 61.11%
Table: 57.1%
Crown Angle: 33.84%
Pavillion Angle: 40.72%
Culet: None

Help me decide. Which do you think is better? LEFT OR RIGHT??

Looking forward to seeing what you all think.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The G for me.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely the G for me too!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why does the price go up?

Is this some high-pressure sales tactic?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers are better on the G, so that would be my choice.

But yeah, price going up if you don't make a decision tonight is a scam and I would NOT buy from a vendor who did that!

I hope you have checked out the prices with similar stones.

Caspian12

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! As always, they were very helpful.

I ended up going with the G (the left one)! Glad to see that it was the one all of you would've picked, too.

The diamond guy I'm working with has an impeccable reputation in my local area. And his pricing is very competitive. His price was good to begin with, but I asked him to bring it down (after he already lowered it once) so that I could stay within budget. The price he offered until midnight eked out the best price I could find for the same carat, cut, color, and clarity on JA, BN, and WF. The difference was that those other diamonds online all had worse HCA scores.

I'm guessing I just tested his patience. Maybe it was the fact that I spent 4 hours in his office over two days looking at just these two diamonds...and another two hours today to take one last look before making a final decision.

I've been worried about getting scammed from the very beginning of my search...but I think I've done the best an average Joe can do to try to keep that from happening. (I've seen the stone under a loupe, H&A scope, and ASET scope and matched up the GIA number on the girdle to the certificate.) I guess you can never know for sure though. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

Thanks again everyone!

Q

Queenie60

good luck - keep us posted. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results