shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing a Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

timmy!

Rough_Rock
I just got a quote for in gold with the diamonds. I''m done!

Now i just have to wait while they build this thing.

Thanks to everyone who offered opinions. I think this ring will turn out great. I guess we''ll see?

timmy!

Rough_Rock
hey thats out of control!

I think it looks good?! Thanks stary

I''ll take pictures when I get it, but it will be 3-4 weeks.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hey Timmy - no sweat. I know you said you''d like a plat tulip - is that the way you ordered it, or all gold? Whichever way, it''s going to be killer! The ruby is gorgeous, the setting is gorgeous, you can''t go wrong. Congrats! Can''t wait to see pictures!

timmy!

Rough_Rock
Yup Plat tulip, and 18kt yellow gold ring, with the .08 pave. I''m so fired up, I wish I could get it quicker. I just hope the ruby looks big enough. I''m nervous becase it''s a little small, 1.13, and i know rubies are more dense.

The funny thing is, when I look at the demensions, (6.28 x5.98 x3) and compare them to a 1 carat cusion diamond, the length and width are similar, but most diamonds are deeper (around 4mm). So maybe this will show like a 1 carat diamond, even though it''s only 1.13 carat ruby?

I can''t think about it anymore. Seriously I''ve been looking for a year. I''m glad I''m done.

timmy!

Rough_Rock
It''s been a while since I''ve seen it, but I''m pretty certain the stone I chose has no window. It got a really high cut rating. I think you''re talking about the stone I decided to return.

timmy!

Rough_Rock
Hey guys this is it. She just shipped and is to arrive tomorow. There''s also been a twist. When the ring got up to Bondanzas place I asked what they thought of my setting choice, and asked if they thought anything else was more suiting........yes I spent more money on a setting. I''m nervous as I''ve never seen this on in person before!

We''ll see tomorow.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Something tells me this ring is going to be a stunner :)
Can''t wait to see the photos!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG....how exciting!!! I dearly hope you post pictures of it!

Can you give us a hint? Is there a picture somewhere of the mounting??
3.gif

widget

timmy!

Rough_Rock
Yeah I''m awful with secrets. I went with facetfires setting that was recomended by cunuck on page two of this thread. I guess she can be happy that she has the same taste as Michael Bondanza. Yellow gold band, platinum head.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2006 5:23:10 PM
Author: timmy!
Yeah I''m awful with secrets. I went with facetfires setting that was recomended by cunuck on page two of this thread. I guess she can be happy that she has the same taste as Michael Bondanza. Yellow gold band, platinum head.
HI:

I can hardly wait to see the finished product! Good for you!

cheers--Sharon

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 5:23:10 PM
Yeah I'm awful with secrets. I went with facetfires setting that was recomended by cunuck on page two of this thread. I guess she can be happy that she has the same taste as Michael Bondanza. Yellow gold band, platinum head.
OMG....I missed your response yesterday!!!

Yippee...I was secretly hoping you were getting that mounting...it's one of my all-time favorites. And in YG with a fabulous ruby!!???? It will be incredible!!!

Can't wait for pictures

widget

timmy!

Rough_Rock
It''s here.....and its perfect. The ring shipped from NYC, and the box from Pearmans. Unfortunately the box was misdelivered, so I didnt get it today. I''m glad is was the box though and not the ring.

I''m glad I changed my mind about the setting. Its perfect. It looks soo soo in office lighting, but STUNNING in the elevator. I can''t wait to take it outside. I''ll have pictures this weekend.

:)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I can''t wait for pictures!

(BTW, please insure that baby before you go trotting around outside taking photos.)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
yay!
can''t wait to see them.
21.gif

timmy!

Rough_Rock
ummm.......how do I insure it?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have car or homeowners'/renters' insurance? If so you may want to call up that company and get a personal articles policy. It may be cheaper/easier to work with a company that you already have a realtionship with. If not several people have their jewelry insured through Chubb (just run a search for "chubb" and A LOT of threads will pop up). I personally have my insurance through Travelers and could not be happier with them.

Whatever insurance you get make sure you're clear on how a payout would be handled in the event (god forbid) of damage or loss. Some companies will just write you a check (but find out whether it's for the insured value or the replacement value, which is a much different number) and others will require that you go through one of their vendors and have a replacement piece made.

A very close friend of mine bought an expensive emerald ring that she failed to insure promptly (despite my endless nagging). Within a week she looked down and the emerald was gone from the setting. Through nothing short of a miracle she actually found the stone two days later on the commuter train that she takes, but most people aren't that lucky.

I am totally not trying to scare you here, but insurance will give you peace of mine and your soon-to-be-fiance will never have to worry about the ring. It would be heartbreaking to have to replace it I'm sure, but it would be even worse to have to replace it and pay for it all over again!

timmy!

Rough_Rock
I''m on the insurance thing.....now I just have to think of how to present a ring without a box. ideas?

timmy!

Rough_Rock
nevermind the box came.....I''m going to leave you guys alone now.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 3:01:08 PM
DON''T YOU DARE LEAVE US ALONE UNTIL AFTER YOU''VE POSTED PICTURES!!!

LOL...I was going to post that getting a box was the least of your problems. I don''t even want to think about how many ring boxes I have lying around...
20.gif

BTW, did you know you could get a ring box that lights up inside when you open it? Might be fun if you plan on proposing in the dark...
5.gif

widget

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been following this thread because I would really like a ruby ring at some point. I can''t wait to see pictures. Please take them SOON!!!! LOL.
36.gif

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 3:01:08 PM
timmy, your ruby is stunning. I can''t wait to see the ring. I''m sure it''s gonna be perfect. Congratulations!

About the ring box, I saw this one while I was shopping for personalized gift. What do you think?
Personalized ring box

timmy!

Rough_Rock
I''m amazed at how difficult this is. After an hour i''ve completely failed at capturing a enth of what this ring looks like in person. Something tells me many of you will sympathise. Nonetheless, here she is indoors and out.

prosect2.jpg

timmy!

Rough_Rock
this one does nothing for the diamosnds...but they''re small anyway. The ruby looks kinda cool here too.

going46gfks.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH....MY....GOD
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I can tell, even from these pictures, that you are now the proud owner of one of my VERY favorite rings ever posted on Pricescope!!

Please please please try to get some closeups! (forgive me if I'm premature...I'm just so eager to ooh and aah!) If your camera doesn't have a macro feature, you must beg borrow or steal one that does!

I need to see much much more of this beauty. It's sensational!

widget

PS: I totally agree that colored stones in general and rubies in particular are really hard to capture on film. But if you think the ones you've posted so far are "bad", then I can only imagine how incredible your ruby must look IRL!!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Timmy,

Your ruby ring is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE it. What a great job you did picking that ruby out. Please more pictures.

Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
timmy! - that is one BEAUTIFUL ring!

We need MORE MORE MORE pictures! Use the macro feature (it look like a little flower) for close ups. It''s better if you don''t use the flash too. I''ll be waiting!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That ruby looks like it is awesome. Yes, please post more pictures of that beauty.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You did a great job.
can''t wait to see some closer shots.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa--it''s a beauty all right! More pics please!!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results