shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing 1ctw studs

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
Hello! It's been a while since I've been on this website and looked at diamonds. Lab growns cost so much less now! My husband says I have to buy some jewelry and studs are the only thing I can wear.

My ear lobes are very small. I tried on several pair at the Intergem show this weekend, and about 1 ctw. is my limit before I start losing an even amount of earlobe around the stone. I tried on 1.04 as well, and that was okay. 1.12's and 1.07's didn't look as polished b/c of the uneven amount of lobe.

So I'm looking for 1 ctw give or take. I saw this pair on Ritani and thought I would ask for some opinions:

I ran the numbers through the HCA and the first was 1.1 and the second was 1.3. I asked for images of these, so hopefully they will email me those soon.

I'm wondering if the first stone is too shallow though. From what I've gathered on here, it may be preferable to have shallower stones for earrings. I do like fire though and don't want to miss it.

If anyone spots any better options, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
@Kim N I bought the ones you suggested and I lost one of them today. Could you recommend a replacement? Thank you again so much!

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
@Kim N I bought the ones you suggested and I lost one of them today. Could you recommend a replacement? Thank you again so much!

Nvm! I found it!! Can’t believe it

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I'm looking at the same size from Ritani. Did you buy the settings from them? I was looking at the preset 1.50 ctw.

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I'm looking at the same size from Ritani. Did you buy the settings from them? I was looking at the preset 1.50 ctw.

I did buy the settings from them! I got the 4 prong basket. No complaints. The posts are shorter than normal, but I bought the Chrysmela catch backs from Amazon after losing and finding one of the studs.

Also - I don’t know if I’m too late. I didn’t see this. But you might be able to find a better pair for less $ by selecting your own stones!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results