shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago-based Jeweler for Emerald Cut Stone

jrico

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I'm in the market for a Chicago-based jeweler who has access to high quality emerald cut stones...somewhere in the 1.70+, VS1/2, F-H range. I'd also be interested if he/she does custom setting work as well as is open to trade/upgrade-options for an antique, cushion-cut Leon Mege sourced and custom-made ring (with similar specs to the above). Appreciate any and all suggestions and leads. Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.dimendscaasi.com/

But you might be better off online. Still, make an appointment, tell them you want a well cut stone and an ASET to view (if they don't have one buy one yourself).

And then see where you are after you've had a chance to look locally.

jrico

Rough_Rock
Thanks! When you say 'better off online', did you mean buying a stone online or selling the existing stone/ring that I have? As for online, any recommendations on place to start for both?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For your antique cushion, you can try to sell it privately on Diamond Bistro or Loupe Troop and list it on the Pre-loved Board, or if you aren't comfortable I would contact Jewels by Grace and consign it with her. OR if the stone ASET's well (have you seen it under an ASET scope?) then Good Old Gold may be an option for consignment as well.

The 1.7ish EC, we can help you with once you have the funds.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will have broader choices looking for the EC online, which Gypsy mentioned. If we don't see any, then the best option is to use GOG to call some in because they will do the ASETs, video comparison, etc.

I definitely agree with listing the LM ring on LoupeTroop and then posting a thread with pictures and the link on the Pre-loved forum here first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results