shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheap Christmas gift, better engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

findarock

Shiny_Rock
Appreciate everyone''s help in my E-ring search. My question is that I think that GF understands that I am "possibly looking" for a ring(Its going to be a surprise)
I am wondering is it ok for me to get her a cheaper gift for Christmas, since I am planning to get Engaged in February/March 2007? Or do you think that she may read into it and know that something is up?
Also, any suggestions of places to go, I had a list of 4 and cant seem to find the post?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
one bird, one stone.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
It would be good if you could combine things somehow - how were you planning to propose? For example, if you were planning an overnight stay somewhere or a weekend trip or even a really nice dinner, you could give her the gift certificate for "a weekend away" or a gift certificate to the spa or the restaurant, etc.

Then you could give her a smaller present, maybe even a small promise ring. That might help to put her mind at ease also. I'm sure if you've been together for a while she's wondering.

Check out The Facets Collection. They have excellent quality stuff for reasonable prices.

The next thing you'll have to mitigate is Valentine's Day!
28.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 1:34:37 PM
Author: Regular Guy
one bird, one stone.
::ahem:: two birds, two stones - though one doesn''t need a stone ;-)

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
This is exactly what I did (I''m proposing in March). other pendants here for under $100 dollars that you might consider getting...

PP14200500_det.jpg

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Well if she doesn''t know you''re going to propose she might read into the cheap gift in a bad way. Why not just get something reasonable since you''re not proposing for several months? She''s probably going to end up getting you something nice. Personally I don''t like combo gifts but you''re not even giving the ring at Christmastime.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I think if you're dropping a couple grand on a ring, she can take a lesser gift at christmas... She'll understand in the end. After all, this is not a typical combo gift like christmas and a birthday. It's an engagement ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, unfortunately you need to give her a Christmas gift that stands on it''s own, since the proposal won''t happen until March.

Look at Signed Pieces/Facets, WhiteFlash hads some pretty jewelry items.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I also think it depends on your age. I personally am a 22 yr old grad student that works part time so a really expensive gift is not expected. I usually spend like $200-$300 for her average gift. If you are out in the "real" world working full time and usually exchange gifts of $500 plus, I think that it might be tougher to pull off. I guess its all in her expectations...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results