shape
carat
color
clarity

Chameleon Diamond with Strong Yellow Fluor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, cool diamond! I''ve never heard of a chameleon diamond until now!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies in advance but I've been playing! I wanted to see what the Chameleon (no name as yet - any suggestions?!) would look like with white diamond sides. I quite like it. I think, after playing, my favourite for a side diamond shape is going to be either a half moon (don't have one to try) or with radiants with clipped corners - smaller and fatter than the one in my photo and more like the one David put together for me. Any views? Yellow or white sides?

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
My fave = white radiant sidestones. Like the way the textures and colors contrast with each other.

And then I like the Green irradiated sidestones for a different look. This one is more of a like with like scenario and feels to me like it belongs in a YG setting. Very rich.

k

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, this is where you've been the last couple of days. I can see why you've been sidetracked - that diamond's fascinating! Personally, I liked the heart sides, but only because they resemble half-moons the closest; I wouldn't really recommend using hearts. I think your ideas of half-moons or clipped-corner radiants are the best, so run with that good taste of yours.

ETA: wait, are all those other stones yours??!! Gaaahh - no fair!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
This is what I see: The radiant and cleftless heart overpower the stone. The princess sides are too angular. The pear is too long. And the deep color of the irradiated greens compete with the chameleon''s earthiness. And they are also too angular.

I really like the idea of half-moons. They will cushion out the shape of the chameleon, balance it and bring it all together.

And I am still voting for yellow sidestones. So light/fancy yellow half-moons would be nice. Even half moons past the M range would be lovely. Nothing deep or vivid though. Again, it will compete with the center, not enhance it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only want to see it with yellow princess cuts. I'm not keen on any of the above combinations except maybe orange diamond princess cuts (like the color of your orange diamond pear). I do think yellow would compliment the stone best.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool stone LD! I bet you can''t stop playing with it. I really like it with white side stones. It shows so many colors that I would be worried if you paired it with yellow side stones they would diminish some of the other colors it exhibits.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys - I love your suggestions - keep them coming please!

I've been playing (again!). I agree with Catmom, the more I play the more I think that because this stone has so many different personalities, if I pair it with yellow sides, at some point, in some lighting, it's going to be a bit "off" and I will find that difficult to live with. Sooooooooooooo, I'm going to opt for white sides I think. After playing around, I actually like the look of all of these but Traps is another consideration and I think it's becoming a favourite!

What do you think?

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
wow thats mad cool! and i like your half moon idea

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
congratulations on finding this stone. It is amazing.

My vote is for white radiant sidestones.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 7:14:58 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Thanks guys - I love your suggestions - keep them coming please!

I''ve been playing (again!). I agree with Catmom, the more I play the more I think that because this stone has so many different personalities, if I pair it with yellow sides, at some point, in some lighting, it''s going to be a bit ''off'' and I will find that difficult to live with. Sooooooooooooo, I''m going to opt for white sides I think. After playing around, I actually like the look of all of these but Traps is another consideration and I think it''s becoming a favourite!

What do you think?

I really like the proportions of the warm traps with the stone. It makes sense. Go with what pleases you visually. If you are going to use white sides, do you prefer whiter diamonds or warmer diamonds? I personally like the way the warm traps enhance the center stone.

Now that I''ve seen the proportions of the half moons next to the center stone, it doesn''t quite click. They look like ears for some reason (at least to my eyes). It would make more sense on an oval.

Have you considered bullets or baguettes for a Harry Winston type of setting?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous stone!
30.gif
Chameleons just make my heart go pitty-pat, and yours is a beauty!!!

I like the yellow side stones. Get irradiated if you need to keep the cost down, but it will be wonderful looking at the color play in different lighting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like traps, perhaps in the s to z range? They don''t have to be fancy yellow.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! I think I like the traps best, and I prefer white diamonds for the contrast. The irradiated green princesses are also pretty sweet...could the corners be chamfered to produce a less angular look?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!
I have always wanted a chameleon diamond.
That one is a beauty.
Can we call it Kermit? (It''s not easy being green...)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:36:30 PM
Author: iluvcarats
I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!
I have always wanted a chameleon diamond.
That one is a beauty.
Can we call it Kermit? (It''s not easy being green...)

I like Kermit! That''s really cute. And it''s not easy being green because he wakes up yellow in the morning.
37.gif

The stone also reminds me of Fiona from the movie "Shrek". When the sun goes down, she changes into an ogre. In the morning, she wakes up into her normal self.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OOO how unique and gorgeous is that.
Now I''ve added something to my wishlist!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
What a neat stone! I like it with the traps and also the radiants.
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a fun diamond!!! I love chameleons! My vote would be either half moons of white radiant sides :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ladies you do make me giggle! Kermit????? Fiona????? If you don''t mind, I think I''ll pass on those names. I want something mysterious and sexy - just like she is!

Final decision (sort of) is made. Depending on cost it''s going to be white sides in either radiant or trapezoid! I''ll keep you all posted and thanks so much for your input.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Such a fascinating stone! I vote for the green princess sidestones: I think they really enhance the color(s). Namewise ... Elphaba, perhaps? I like the idea of a nod to another ambiguous greenie - Greg McGuire''s reimagining of the Wicked Witch of the West in "Wicked."

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:45:39 PM
Oh Ladies you do make me giggle! Kermit????? Fiona????? If you don''t mind, I think I''ll pass on those names. I want something mysterious and sexy - just like she is!

Final decision (sort of) is made. Depending on cost it''s going to be white sides in either radiant or trapezoid! I''ll keep you all posted and thanks so much for your input.
Femme fatale sexy or foreign spy mysterious?
31.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 3:16:47 PM
Author: platinumrock

31.gif
Either - they''re much more up her street!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:20:13 PM

Date: 2/16/2009 3:16:47 PM
Author: platinumrock

31.gif
Either - they''re much more up her street!!!

Laure Ash from Femme Fatale (Rebecca Romjin) or Mystique from X-Men (Rebecca Romjin).

For some reason she can also be one of Charlie''s Angels. Your pick of Alex (Lucy Liu), Natalie (Cameron Diaz) or Dylan (Drew Barrymore)

Or she can totally stand out as Farrah Fawcett (from her Charlie''s Angels days of course).

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just wanted to pop in and say THNAK YOU !!! to LovingDiamonds.
We''re both in love with the chameleon......

May you wear it in the best of health and great times LD!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Do you know what color or colors of gold you''ll be using for this project?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David - I think it''s me who should be saying thank you again. Honestly, I love Cataline (finally she has a name) - she''s a gorgeous little colour changing minx!

TL - It''s a no brainer for gold colour. Platinum shank and prongs for the white sides and yellow gold for Cataline. Of course, this is very much immaterial because I''ve got to save up for the side stones and setting so for now it''s just a pipe dream! I''ve even decided on the shape of the side diamonds and am going for a very unusual look but it''s a secret for now until I''ve got it done! Thank you for asking though.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool! I love how you can get totally different looks with the same diamond! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results