shape
carat
color
clarity

Cecile Raley Opal Pendant Project

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Hello there,

Longtime lurker and first time project poster here to share my second project with everyone.

I wanted to share the details of my project that I have just decided to pull the trigger on. Yvonne from Cecile Raley will be creating a pendant for me with an opal that I am purchasing. This will be my birthday present to myself for surviving the chaos of the last year, especially since it has been a roller coaster of crazy from every direction.

Without further adieu...I present (the opal who I have no idea what to name but will be better dressed than me).....

Opal.jpg

Here is a picture of what this looks like in the camelia setting so you can get an idea of scale:
Camelia_opal_setting.jpg

My plans are to put the opal in the sunflower setting with 1.6mm Paraibas surrounding it. Yvonne will have to source the paraibas so I'm not sure yet on the timeline. It will be pendant in platinum.

sunflowerRing.jpg

I just had to share my excitement with someone who won't roll their eyes at me and maybe almost be excited as I am ;-)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yayyyy this is going to be GORGEOUS!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Of course it'll be gorgeous! I think the outer halo around the paraibas should be blue sapphires. Congrats on making it through the hectic times and happy birthday!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and it's going to be a gorgeous pendant!!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's going to be one stunning pendant, congratulations! Opal and paraiba is a combination made in heaven :)

Eady

Rough_Rock
That will be stunning - the paraibas will bring out the light flashes of blue in the opal - can’t wait to see the finished product!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo... this will be so much fun!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be a luscious combo! Can't wait!

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Of course it'll be gorgeous! I think the outer halo around the paraibas should be blue sapphires. Congrats on making it through the hectic times and happy birthday!
Thanks Voce!!! I had thought about blue sapphires but I came to realize that I have a bit of a goldilocks complex when it comes to getting just the right blue for sapphires. For me it was easier to mentally visualize the paraiba's since I'll never be able to afford the large crazy neon paraibas. I am trusting Yvonne's eye on this from seeing her previous work so I'm hoping it turns out well.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, this is going to be stunning. Opal and paraiba are a match made in blingy heaven.:kiss2:

Exhibit A:

60C806D0-7EB3-484E-8E2F-3E96392877E8.jpeg

137A38F4-F99F-44F1-820D-EE901022CFBD.jpeg

85BD7CB0-7521-446D-B924-F6C32839F8FD.jpeg
Good heavens, Elle, that is amazing! That extra level of blue sapphire melee around the outer edge of the paraiba halo, is over the top (in the best possible sense) :clap:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you bought this...I loved the size, shape and color when she posted it! It will make a beautiful pendant.

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Ooh, this is going to be stunning. Opal and paraiba are a match made in blingy heaven.:kiss2:

Exhibit A:

60C806D0-7EB3-484E-8E2F-3E96392877E8.jpeg

137A38F4-F99F-44F1-820D-EE901022CFBD.jpeg

85BD7CB0-7521-446D-B924-F6C32839F8FD.jpeg
Wow!!Thanks for posting those photos Elle! They are gorgeous. This is my second project so I'm a bit nervous on how it will turn out.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Voce!!! I had thought about blue sapphires but I came to realize that I have a bit of a goldilocks complex when it comes to getting just the right blue for sapphires. For me it was easier to mentally visualize the paraiba's since I'll never be able to afford the large crazy neon paraibas. I am trusting Yvonne's eye on this from seeing her previous work so I'm hoping it turns out well.

Neon apatite in melee sizes will be waaaaaaayyy more affordable and provide the same look as that halo posted by Elle.

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

It has been a bit over a month and I received word today that the pendant is complete. I'm not sure what I think on it yet. It is pretty. Basically I like it but I'm not sure I love it. I don't have it in hand yet so my opinion may change once I get it.

Let me know your thoughts.

Here are some pictures:

Opal_Sunflower_Pendant.jpg Opal_pendant_glamourShot.jpg Opal_belly.jpg Opal_pendant.jpg

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw this on her site and thought it was beautiful! I bet you will love it in person. Yvonne’s pictures rarely do her gems justice. I bet the colors really pop in real life!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I love it! :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I ADORE IT!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could you not love it!!!??? It’s gorgeous!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I really like it! I think it looks great.

Opals are so hard to photograph. Do you have it in person?

Curby311

Rough_Rock
How could you not love it!!!??? It’s gorgeous!
I'm getting there ;)2. I think it turned out well. I'm so glad you like it! This is my second custom project. I believe my issue was that I was having a hard time visualizing exactly how it was going to turn out. I suspect that is something others run into when doing custom projects. I look forward to receiving it and seeing in person so I can develop an unhealthy obsession for my shiny new wardrobe.

Curby311

Rough_Rock
I really like it! I think it looks great.

Opals are so hard to photograph. Do you have it in person?
I'm glad you like it! I don't have it in person yet and I haven't seen any of the stones. I think once I see it in person I'll love it rather than just like it.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My jaw dropped when I saw this pendant on Yvonne's page this morning :) It's an incredible piece and I suspect it will look even better in person.

Curby311

Rough_Rock
I saw this on her site and thought it was beautiful! I bet you will love it in person. Yvonne’s pictures rarely do her gems justice. I bet the colors really pop in real life!
Thank you! I do like it and I'm hoping I love it once I receive it.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this pendant will grow on you. What do you not like about it? I assume that you loved the opal itself; otherwise, why spend the big bucks for custom setting, and with paraiba melee, no less? Is it that your opal doesn't fill out the camellia?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's pretty, congrats!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results