shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI Station Necklace Creation by DKJ is here!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. This necklace is stunning :love:
What a beautiful design.
Congratulations!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @cflutist! I'm not very creative, so I'm rather pleased with my concoction. ;)2

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@SandyinAnaheim, it remains magnificent! I think that's the one thing that's difficult about an awesome necklace - I would be sad to not be able to see it myself all the time!

A question - I notice that with the smaller pendants, some of the loops are connected to the 'front' of the main chain and some are connected to the 'back' of the main chain. Are you noticing that either/or are the ones that are getting stuck or sticking up? Maybe putting them all either front or back would help? :think:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I think we would all disagree with you here about you not being creative. :P2
Aww, thank you, but I'm really not. It's all thanks to DKJ's awesome CAD designers to interpret my scrawls.
@SandyinAnaheim, it remains magnificent! I think that's the one thing that's difficult about an awesome necklace - I would be sad to not be able to see it myself all the time!

A question - I notice that with the smaller pendants, some of the loops are connected to the 'front' of the main chain and some are connected to the 'back' of the main chain. Are you noticing that either/or are the ones that are getting stuck or sticking up? Maybe putting them all either front or back would help? :think:
@Lykame you hit the nail on the head. Yes there are a couple of medallions that are attached to the wrong side of the link to how the chain naturally lays. I think maybe the bench attached the pendants without draping the chain naturally on something, so they probably attached it correctly based on how it was laying at the time. The second issue is that in addition to some of the links being on the wrong side, they are so tightly attached that they flip from laying correctly to flipping inside. I look down and for most of the day, the pendants are hanging in the right place, even though some are sticking up oddly. If I fix the one sticking up by rotating the link, it twists the ones higher up. I really think a little bit of length and altering the position where some of the pendants are attached might resolve the issue. Amy mentioned that it was done this way because when the links were longer, the pendants moved under the chain. I don't know if this will actually happen while being worn as the pendants' weight seem like they will help hang straight down.

These are some of the options I've found. Aesthetically, I think I like the first and last ones best. The first one has a slightly bigger solid loop that will help with directionality, and the last one will probably hang well too.

roberto-coin-7-diamond-station-gold-necklace_1_1.png
il_fullxfull.1704887570_cpmw.jpg
diamond-drop-dangle-necklace-24k-yellow-gold_800x.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! :kiss2: I really adore this piece. Every time I see it, it gives me butterflies and I can't believe it exists, and it's mine. I can't see any body color to the Js, they're so white and brilliant. I'm really overwhelmed by it, and am torn between wanting to wear it and wanting to stare at it. :P2

8.jpg
9.jpg

Loving these pics!!!! I can see how you would get lost in staring at it all day! It's so feminine....can't get over it. You have a truly unique and collectable piece! So happy for you!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
So I was all excited to post a couple of real world pictures of the necklace in action. I'm wearing it at about a 21" length and the pendants lay a bit better, surprisingly. As I was going through the pictures and cropping them, I noticed that I'm already missing a melee stone on the central pendant!! :angryfire: The necklace hasn't even had its first bath in the US, and the missing stone was there on Thursday in my last round of pictures. What the heck?? Now I REALLY can't use it on my birthday, and perhaps shouldn't be wearing it all until I take it back....ugh. I'm not happy.

Please excuse the coffee ground debris, I was cleaning the grinder and didn't realize I got it all over myself.

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
So I was all excited to post a couple of real world pictures of the necklace in action. I'm wearing it at about a 21" length and the pendants lay a bit better, surprisingly. As I was going through the pictures and cropping them, I noticed that I'm already missing a melee stone on the central pendant!! :angryfire: The necklace hasn't even had its first bath in the US, and the missing stone was there on Thursday in my last round of pictures. What the heck?? Now I REALLY can't use it on my birthday, and perhaps shouldn't be wearing it all until I take it back....ugh. I'm not happy.

Please excuse the coffee ground debris, I was cleaning the grinder and didn't realize I got it all over myself.

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

OH NO. :eek2: :cry2:

I've liked your post but more as a show of compassion because really I need an upset button for you. :(2

Oh man. I suspect that melee is gone for good but perhaps do a quick check in places like the box you keep it in, and around that area. Check the other stones and make sure they're not wobbling.

I'm sorry you're not going to get to wear it on your birthday. I'm sure this will be rectified for you.

I notice in this position all the hooks are appropriately positioned all on the outside edge of the main necklace. In the other length is that still the case?

I'm so sorry that's happened - hopefully it's easily and rapidly rectified!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much @Lykame. I haven't kept it in its box. I've been wearing it and take it off before showering and bed, then put it on again in the morning. It's been resting on my nightstand, and I didn't find that teensy stone.

I'm certain DKJ will fix this issue. It's just a disappointment considering I've only had it a week and nothing has touched it but my clothing. Somehow the pendants hang properly, more often, at the shorter length. They still flip inwards, but the shortened length of the chain does make a difference in reducing rotation. When I give it back, I'm going to have the chain shortened, and an extender made of the excess.

Thank you for understanding....

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much @Lykame. I haven't kept it in its box. I've been wearing it and take it off before showering and bed, then put it on again in the morning. It's been resting on my nightstand, and I didn't find that teensy stone.

I'm certain DKJ will fix this issue. It's just a disappointment considering I've only had it a week and nothing has touched it but my clothing. Somehow the pendants hang properly, more often, at the shorter length. They still flip inwards, but the shortened length of the chain does make a difference in reducing rotation. When I give it back, I'm going to have the chain shortened, and an extender made of the excess.

Thank you for understanding....

I also have confidence DK will fix the issue. In some ways rather this happen now than in a few months. It's part of the journey - I know it must be frustrating but I notice you have a very beautiful and positive way of looking at things and I'm sure this can be seen in a way that only adds to that. Obviously I suspect you will only feel that way once you have it back all fixed!

I suspect shortening the chain allows the outer ones to hang more naturally. At a longer length the chain will be more vertical, the pendants can't lie so perpendicular to the chain. Makes sense to me.

L

lydial

I found this photo on etsy, not sure if it helps with your project or not but I thought I would share.
il_fullxfull.1843451090_oplt.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a magnificent piece! one of a kind wearable art! Gorgeous!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I found this photo on etsy, not sure if it helps with your project or not but I thought I would share.
Thank you @lydial! That's really perfect. It looks like there are little rings soldered onto the chain itself, which would probably give it great directionality. I think this would work really well. :appl:

Thank you so much for thinking of me as you're looking at stuff on the web. I really appreciate it!! :kiss2:

Last edited:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I also have confidence DK will fix the issue. In some ways rather this happen now than in a few months. It's part of the journey - I know it must be frustrating but I notice you have a very beautiful and positive way of looking at things and I'm sure this can be seen in a way that only adds to that. Obviously I suspect you will only feel that way once you have it back all fixed!

I suspect shortening the chain allows the outer ones to hang more naturally. At a longer length the chain will be more vertical, the pendants can't lie so perpendicular to the chain. Makes sense to me.
Thank you @Lykame, for your very kind words. I'm less frustrated now. I heard back from Amy and she says it's possible the engraving might've loosened the stones. I'll be shipping it back to her for repair of the stone, the links, and to verify ALL the stones are secure. I would hate to lose one of the CBIs, those Js are very hard to get. o_O I'm also going to have her shorten the chain and make an extender out of the excess links as I suspect your statement above is on the money.

what a magnificent piece! one of a kind wearable art! Gorgeous!
Thank you @D&T!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Such a shame a stone fell out.

I think this necklace needs to go in the iconic Ps pieces thread
WOW!! You really think so?? I'm not sure I even know what that is. I really didn't think many people would like it, if indeed they're being honest, as I tend to like the opulent, rather than the practical. :oops2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! You really think so?? I'm not sure I even know what that is. I really didn't think many people would like it, if indeed they're being honest, as I tend to like the opulent, rather than the practical. :oops2:

Absolutely,yes. If I can find the thread, I’ll add it if it’s ok with you; I think it’s in the show me the bling pages.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@SandyinAnaheim Absolutely stunning piece of jewelry!!! I seem to remember you were thinking about adding engraving to the back of the pendants. If so, inquiring minds need to see photos!!!

DW has a number of pendants, and this the best bale design we have found to prevent roll over issues:

Boulder Opal Pendant Final CAD Bale.png

The double ring design that attaches the bale to the pendant allows for both horizontal and vertical movement of the bale. This greatly reduces the amount of force transmitted to the pendant as the chain moves and twists within the bale. Just a thought but maybe something like this might help solve your problem.

In your case the "bale" wraps around a single link in the chain, so if the chain twists it takes the "bale" with it. To allow for this I think you could a couple more rings between the bale and the pendant. Maybe enough rings such that their total length equals 3/4 the circumference of the chain?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely,yes. If I can find the thread, I’ll add it if it’s ok with you; I think it’s in the show me the bling pages.

100% agree. :geek2:
Thank you! Sure, you can add it. Maybe after it's fixed and the pendants are hanging properly would be best? I'll take more photos. :P2

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the current spacing of the small pendants is perfect. Depending upon how much "dangle" is added, it might be an idea to move all the attachment points up a link or two to compensate.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I think the current spacing of the small pendants is perfect. Depending upon how much "dangle" is added, it might be an idea to move all the attachment points up a link or two to compensate.

I agree, the pendants would stay where they originally were, just with the slightly longer attachment style I posted above. I don't believe they'll be THAT long. Further, I hope to add another 2 pendants in the future if and when I can get some more small Js from CBI/HPD.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I received some pictures from Amy this evening with the altered attachments for the small pendants. I was a little surprised to see that her bench soldered the little rings onto the chain. I had asked for the little rings to be looser on the chain link, and to have little links attached to that one to give it some length to avoid sticking up. However, even though I said that, the picture I sent her and that we agreed upon has the little rings soldered onto the chain. I guess I wasn't very clear. I asked her to wear it for a while around the office to test out how the pendants lay and move, and she said they work much better and don't stick up or slide under the chain.

I think this will work out fine. What do you think about this style of attachment? Do you think the weight of the small pendants being soldered on will help the chain move/roll less? It didn't roll that much before.

DKJPV19 LKLC(2019-06-18)-51420  ---3.jpg

DKJPV19 LKLC(2019-06-18)- ---1.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I received some pictures from Amy this evening with the altered attachments for the small pendants. I was a little surprised to see that her bench soldered the little rings onto the chain. I had asked for the little rings to be looser on the chain link, and to have little links attached to that one to give it some length to avoid sticking up. However, even though I said that, the picture I sent her and that we agreed upon has the little rings soldered onto the chain. I guess I wasn't very clear. I asked her to wear it for a while around the office to test out how the pendants lay and move, and she said they work much better and don't stick up or slide under the chain.

I think this will work out fine. What do you think about this style of attachment? Do you think the weight of the small pendants being soldered on will help the chain move/roll less? It didn't roll that much before.

DKJPV19 LKLC(2019-06-18)-51420  ---3.jpg

DKJPV19 LKLC(2019-06-18)- ---1.jpg

That actually looks a lot better. My only concern would be to check how strong those attachments are - a circular link around another interlinking circular link will be stronger than two soldered with one small point of contact, if that makes sense.

I can see they fixed the melee too!

Sooo exciting! Honestly it does look awesome! When will you get it back?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
That actually looks a lot better. My only concern would be to check how strong those attachments are - a circular link around another interlinking circular link will be stronger than two soldered with one small point of contact, if that makes sense.

I can see they fixed the melee too!

Sooo exciting! Honestly it does look awesome! When will you get it back?

Thank you @Lykame I thought the exact same thing. The reality is that while wearing it, there is VERY little chance of those small pendants bending in a way that might cause failure. I also thought, oh no, the chain is no longer perfect (it was expensive :shock:), and how will I change the spacing if I add more attachments now that they are permanently affixed? But if it ends up working, then it was serendipity that we got it right unintentionally. I expect I should have it back by early next week.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Lykame I thought the exact same thing. The reality is that while wearing it, there is VERY little chance of those small pendants bending in a way that might cause failure. I also thought, oh no, the chain is no longer perfect (it was expensive :shock:), and how will I change the spacing if I add more attachments now that they are permanently affixed? But if it ends up working, then it was serendipity that we got it right unintentionally. I expect I should have it back by early next week.

Totally agree that whilst wearing it, the links shouldn't come under the forces that would cause problems so long as you're careful with clothing, which I'm sure you are.

He he, the chain is beautiful huh. I know adding those solders creates an element of permanency that maybe you weren't hoping for. However! The chain was already 'broken' for the central pendant and maybe it just means if you want to add more you'll just have to add another six...! :lol:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Totally agree that whilst wearing it, the links shouldn't come under the forces that would cause problems so long as you're careful with clothing, which I'm sure you are.

He he, the chain is beautiful huh. I know adding those solders creates an element of permanency that maybe you weren't hoping for. However! The chain was already 'broken' for the central pendant and maybe it just means if you want to add more you'll just have to add another six...! :lol:
That's FUNNY!! Another 6!! I'd look like a walking discoball with 6 more....not that that's a bad thing....:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results