shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI Station Necklace Creation by DKJ is here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well PS family, the necklace is finally done and home. @Wink at CBI started helping me put the stones together for this project in December, and the buying experience from him was a pleasure, as always. The first center stone I purchased was a 1.09ct J SI2 that was very beautiful. Even with a loupe I couldn't see the minor twinning wisps or feathers, at all. But my brain couldn't get past the SI2 grade and Wink promptly found me the perfect center, a 1.25ct J VSI that was in production and he made the trade very easy. DKJ was immensely patient with me as I had an idea of what I wanted but had not seen anything quite like it before, so there were about 60 inspiration pics.....poor Amy! :oops2: I wanted her uber bench to work on my project and so had to wait to be fit into their schedule. I think the work they did is impeccable and I couldn't have asked for more. The engraving on the back of the pieces is lovely as well and makes the pendants look and feel "done".

The necklace arrived very nicely packaged with an appraisal from DKJ. My heart skipped a beat when I opened the box and saw this gleaming jewel in front of me. It's everything I wanted and then some. The diamonds glow beautifully against the highly polished little cups they sit in. I slid it on over my head and felt the weight of it on my neck and love its heft. Then I looked in the mirror, and as predicted by so many, the pendants are flipping around or sticking up at weird angles.... sad :((

Amy had mentioned that the small pendants were moving too much so she made the rings smaller and tighter to avoid the flipping, but now they stick up sometimes, as shown in the pictures. I don't know if I can live with it always sticking up or not laying right. I'm wondering if lengthening the small pendants off of the chain could help? I'll be taking it back to her to try and figure out a solution, but I may end up wearing the smaller pendants as stations on a bracelet and a pair of earrings, and leaving the necklace with just the center. Any thoughts?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.1.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg

Stunning.:love:

As for the sticking out issue perhaps add a link or two to each little pendant to allow it to lay flatter? Not so much that it will flip but just one or maybe 2 little additional links to allow it some leeway so it isn't wound up so tightly. It might be too short and therefore cannot lay flat and sticks up a bit.

Despite the sticking up issue (and I hope that is easily resolved for you) it is a gorgeous necklace and definitely fit for royalty. You're a PS princess @SandyinAnaheim.:halo:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! If that was mine I would literally wear it all the time. Like in shorts and a t-shirt doing yard work... I would be wearing it! I personally wear a Victorian cameo pin as a pendant quite often! I would however remove the round coins and make them into a charm bracelet with the same chain. I would hang them on longer loops so they twinkle around. It would be my everyday jewelry. It is very popular where I live to wear big chunky costume jewelry so this would fit right in style-wise! If you aren’t into bracelets you could hang the coins from a straight across bar (maybe 3 cm wide, it could be engraved) and have the bar hung from the sides on a marginally thinner chain for when something less fabulous is in order (like laundry day).:roll2:
Thanks @lydial!! Your idea for a bracelet is exactly what I plan to do if the flipping/sticking up can't be improved. I know there's going to be some movement and turning, that is to be expected. But sticking up weirdly like it is won't fly. I ordered the chain in 24" and it is actually longer than I prefer, so I've got a few inches to give to a bracelet if need be.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh!! That is stupendous! I love that you plan to wear it daily! Good for you!! Why not?! If it’s makes you happy, go for it!

I hope that you can resolve the sticking up. Maybe “squishing” the jump rings into an oval shape (instead of round) would give you just enough extra play to make them lay flat AND not flip??
Thank you @yennyfire! I will bring up your idea to DKJ.

Goodness - it does look fit for a queen! Enjoy it daily - love your outlook about it!
Thank you MGR! I figure if I only wait for special occasions, I'll never wear it, and I made it to enjoy it. I'm not going to make anything else like this ever again, unless I win the lottery. In my mind, every day that I wake up fit and healthy, is a reason to celebrate. So I plan on enjoying my treasure(s) as much as I can, every day that I can.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
That is FABULOUS. Rock that magnificent necklace everyday. That’s what jewelry is for. Congratulations and kudos to you to celebrating and recognizing your achievements. We all should do that more often.
I agree with you 100%! The truth is, I'm known for celebrating stuff...anything! A new haircut, raises, cars, good grades, anniversaries, trips, you name it. Life is short and I like to focus on the good things that we work for or that come to us. By celebrating the small things, it makes them memorable and an experience one can look back on with pleasure in the the future with others, rather than them sliding quietly into memory. I've found that if I were to wait for someone else to celebrate my little victories, much less recognize them, I'd be waiting a long time.... ;)2

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning.:love:

As for the sticking out issue perhaps add a link or two to each little pendant to allow it to lay flatter? Not so much that it will flip but just one or maybe 2 little additional links to allow it some leeway so it isn't wound up so tightly. It might be too short and therefore cannot lay flat and sticks up a bit.

Despite the sticking up issue (and I hope that is easily resolved for you) it is a gorgeous necklace and definitely fit for royalty. You're a PS princess @SandyinAnaheim.:halo:
Thank you @missy for your eternal sweetness, I appreciate it!

The truth is I let DKJ do what they thought best without much input on setting the small pendants. I actually asked for the central pendant to be attached at the 10 and 2 positions, but with hidden rings behind the piece so that it looks like it's floating on top. I think that wasn't feasible so this is how it came from them. We'll see what they can work out, hopefully a little length will help.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's an amazing necklace!!! Love the design...really beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's amazing! I only skimmed a few comments, but I also thought it looked like a piece for royalty when I saw the pictures!

I am sorry about the issues with the small motifs, but I certainly think you have good solutions either for fixing it or making a bracelet! The center motif and large chain certainly can stand alone well. I look forward to seeing more pictures once you decide!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @LLJsmom! I'm embarrassed to say I plan on wearing this on the daily. :oops2: :oops: It's long enough you can't see much of it under my scrubs, but I love the weight and luxury of it.

I made this as a reward for, and memento of, the success of my current business when it was predicted I would fail from the get-go from those closest to me. Wearing this small but magnificent thing is meant to be a reminder to myself to continue to believe in myself, no matter what anyone else thinks or says, because I can do small and magnificent things if I try, even if no one believes in me.

LOVE your attitude. Congrats on your success!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's amazing! I only skimmed a few comments, but I also thought it looked like a piece for royalty when I saw the pictures!

I am sorry about the issues with the small motifs, but I certainly think you have good solutions either for fixing it or making a bracelet! The center motif and large chain certainly can stand alone well. I look forward to seeing more pictures once you decide!
Thank you @diamondseeker2006, it was to be expected. After having worn it for a few days now, I've noted the necklace doesn't roll that much, it's just that the little rings are so tightly bound to the chain links that they can't move up and down the link. I think that's part of the problem of why they stick up. I'm willing to try a solution or two because I LOVE the way it looks with the little charms - it's uber blingy and looks very luxurious! :P2 So I'm hunting down images of dangling charms, but I don't know if those mechanisms will work because I'm not trying them on to verify....and I don't have another day off to get out to LA till the end of the month, which means I won't get to use it properly for my birthday. :(2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your success and on a great necklace! I would also suggest trying larger oval links to see if that keeps the smaller motifs from sticking up.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness words just fail to describe the beauty and luxury of that fantastic necklace!!! LOVE it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well PS family, the necklace is finally done and home. @Wink at CBI started helping me put the stones together for this project in December, and the buying experience from him was a pleasure, as always. The first center stone I purchased was a 1.09ct J SI2 that was very beautiful. Even with a loupe I couldn't see the minor twinning wisps or feathers, at all. But my brain couldn't get past the SI2 grade and Wink promptly found me the perfect center, a 1.25ct J VSI that was in production and he made the trade very easy. DKJ was immensely patient with me as I had an idea of what I wanted but had not seen anything quite like it before, so there were about 60 inspiration pics.....poor Amy! :oops2: I wanted her uber bench to work on my project and so had to wait to be fit into their schedule. I think the work they did is impeccable and I couldn't have asked for more. The engraving on the back of the pieces is lovely as well and makes the pendants look and feel "done".

The necklace arrived very nicely packaged with an appraisal from DKJ. My heart skipped a beat when I opened the box and saw this gleaming jewel in front of me. It's everything I wanted and then some. The diamonds glow beautifully against the highly polished little cups they sit in. I slid it on over my head and felt the weight of it on my neck and love its heft. Then I looked in the mirror, and as predicted by so many, the pendants are flipping around or sticking up at weird angles.... sad :((

Amy had mentioned that the small pendants were moving too much so she made the rings smaller and tighter to avoid the flipping, but now they stick up sometimes, as shown in the pictures. I don't know if I can live with it always sticking up or not laying right. I'm wondering if lengthening the small pendants off of the chain could help? I'll be taking it back to her to try and figure out a solution, but I may end up wearing the smaller pendants as stations on a bracelet and a pair of earrings, and leaving the necklace with just the center. Any thoughts?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.1.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg

Wow, very Royal like!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Sandy, what a gorgeous necklace! My first thought was 'where would you wear that', it looks like something a royal would wear! I LOVE that you will wear it everyday. That is so awesome~a wonderful gift to Congratulations on your achievement and your very special prize!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speechless :-o

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!!! That is an amazing necklace

Wow! I’m sorry about the practical issues with the piece, but your pictures make it look truly extravagant :kiss2:

I've been waiting for this! It's absolutely stunning!

Thank you Suzanne!!
Wow! Don’t ya love DKJ?!
Your new stunning necklace is pretty darn special. That is literally a piece of art. It looks absolutely fabulous on and I do hope you can solve the minor issue. I’m sure a solution is afoot. Enjoy it!
Would love more pics :P2

I will post more once it sits right, and maybe a few from inside my work van. I have LED lights in there and this thing glitters like MAD in there!! =)2

Wow, what a really gorgeous piece!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I would also suggest loosening the smaller ones where they are attached a little to see if giving them a bit more slack allows them to naturally fall better. If not then I'd keep the big centre one, I think it would also be magnificent on it's own on a plain chain and as you suggested turn the rest into a bracelet.

Yep, this will be my final option if lengthening the links doesn't work. I'm glad you and others agree with that tactic.

Wow! That's an amazing necklace!!! Love the design...really beautiful!

Thank you all so much for the kind words and support! It means a lot to me that others can enjoy this vicariously, and are helping me think of solutions. :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SandyinAnaheim -

I commented on this thread a couple of days back, but must have forgotten to hit enter - d'oh!

What a stunning piece, Sandy! It's so nice to see something SO creative and SO beautiful - this is a real treasure.

Congratulations on this unique and gorgeous piece - it's truly sublime! :love:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your success and on a great necklace! I would also suggest trying larger oval links to see if that keeps the smaller motifs from sticking up.

Oh my goodness words just fail to describe the beauty and luxury of that fantastic necklace!!! LOVE it!

Thank you @goldenfire, you're very sweet!

Wow, very Royal like!

Wow, Sandy, what a gorgeous necklace! My first thought was 'where would you wear that', it looks like something a royal would wear! I LOVE that you will wear it everyday. That is so awesome~a wonderful gift to Congratulations on your achievement and your very special prize!

I thought that too mid-way through the project as well! :oops2: What started as a simpler station necklace took on a life of its own and this is the end result of my drawings. I just don't think I'd enjoy it as much if it's sitting in my jewelry box - this baby needs to be worn so I can see and feel it every day. :P2

This is my vote for JOTW =D

YAY!! Thank you so much @bludiva!! That means a lot to me coming from you. :kiss2:

Speechless :-o

@SandyinAnaheim -

I commented on this thread a couple of days back, but must have forgotten to hit enter - d'oh!

What a stunning piece, Sandy! It's so nice to see something SO creative and SO beautiful - this is a real treasure.

Congratulations on this unique and gorgeous piece - it's truly sublime! :love:
Thank you so much @mrs-b!! Your compliments are very much appreciated, coming from you, someone I consider one of the most creative people on this forum.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment and advise in this thread and the others before it, for your good thoughts and taking the time to help think of solutions. I'm humbled by the overwhelming kindness. :kiss2:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
:shock::shock: Speechless... it is gorgeous!!! I would wear it everyday for at least a month, before I can even think of putting it up in a box!!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.1.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg
GORGEOUS!!!!;

Q

Queenie60

Wow! A lovely necklace, very special.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is breathtaking!!! An absolute masterpiece and most importantly it looks AMAZING on you!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@SandyinAnaheim I absolutely freakin LOVE it! :love:
It is so special and stunning......and unique. I'm so glad you gifted this magnificent necklace to yourself to celebrate your achievements! The stones are sheer perfection....obvi.....and I so love the attention to detail, all of the engraving, etc. I would rock that everyday too!
I'm not much help with the flipping issue.....sorry....but I hope Amy can find a solution for you. Maybe more PS'ers will chime in with some first hand pendant experiences.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
:shock::shock: Speechless... it is gorgeous!!! I would wear it everyday for at least a month, before I can even think of putting it up in a box!!

Wow! A lovely necklace, very special.

A work of art!!! The backs and the chain links- ugh- just divine!!!

Wow that is breathtaking!!! An absolute masterpiece and most importantly it looks AMAZING on you!

@SandyinAnaheim I absolutely freakin LOVE it! :love:
It is so special and stunning......and unique. I'm so glad you gifted this magnificent necklace to yourself to celebrate your achievements! The stones are sheer perfection....obvi.....and I so love the attention to detail, all of the engraving, etc. I would rock that everyday too!
I'm not much help with the flipping issue.....sorry....but I hope Amy can find a solution for you. Maybe more PS'ers will chime in with some first hand pendant experiences.
Thanks everyone! :kiss2: I really adore this piece. Every time I see it, it gives me butterflies and I can't believe it exists, and it's mine. I can't see any body color to the Js, they're so white and brilliant. I'm really overwhelmed by it, and am torn between wanting to wear it and wanting to stare at it. :P2

8.jpg
9.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results