shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat''s eye Alexandrite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 8:07:35 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 7/22/2009 6:07:28 AM
Author: Lovinggems
Good work stepcutnut! Have you got it yet? Do you like it? Comments? I think mine is more similar to yours than Chrono''s.

I bought a few stones lately so I don''t think I''ll have it set anytime soon.
7.gif
However, I have 9 transitional cut diamonds I may use to recreate a miniature cluster ring.
You can use those 9 trannies to be the cluster around the cc alex!
31.gif
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif

I''m surprised the word wasn''t censored.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 8:32:13 AM
Author: Lovinggems
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif
emsmileo.gif

I''m surprised the word wasn''t censored.
9.gif
I was a little worried too but I noticed that it passed censorship here in the Old Cut forum section.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone received theirs yet?
What do you think of it?
How''s the colour change on yours?
What about the eye and translucency?

I know every stone is different so I''m just curious, that''s all.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My gosh! I love it. I was never a fan of alex''s still I saw jstar''s; after seeing yours I am sold entirely! I absolutely love it and the color change is amazing. One of Sally''s lotus rings would be gorgeous, or any other simple setting that really showcases the alex.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Also, where is it from?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still deciding so I’d rather not out the vendor yet (even though there are a few PSers who know the vendor extremely well). I’m thinking of something larger and with better colour, without losing the excellent transparency and sharp eye.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
That is one lovely stone!!! So pretty!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has no one else received their cat’s eye Alexandrite from Brad?
37.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
ROTFL! That was an unexpected use of the abbrev.

Wow, that cat''s eye is sensational and luscious. PLus color change - it''s like 2 gems in 1!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Since it''s color change, will you go with plat, WG or YG?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t.
7.gif

Date: 7/29/2009 4:18:56 PM
37.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2009 10:14:59 PM
Author: litebrite
Since it''s color change, will you go with plat, WG or YG?
I was planning on having set with diamonds around it like a cluster ring, so I am sort of limited to white gold.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve already received mine and I’m having a ton of fun. Roll the eye left, roll the eye right. Open the eye, close the eye. Yeah, I’m easy to amuse.
9.gif
The translucency is fabulous too not to mention the colour change. There’s hardly any bleeding of colour. However…..it’s too small! I’m checking with Brad for a larger cc alex.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 4:18:56 PM
37.gif
I have had mine a few weeks. Although it is little, it has big personality!

It has beautiful, distinct color change. A sharp eye and nice translucency! Overall very pleased, only wish it were larger :)

Am planning on a double bezel-inner in RG outer in WG with a twist.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCN,
Tell me about it; it is perfect in every way except the size.
3.gif
I thought about a double bezel too but when I saw the cluster design that TL posted, I was hooked. Not to mention I am spoiled by having larger stones so mine looked smallish to me. Brad found 2 potential choices of about 6 mm each. I hope to hear back from him later today. This is one stone that makes me want to set it right away. What about you? Are you currently shopping around for a setting?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 8:06:06 AM
I’ve already received mine and I’m having a ton of fun. Roll the eye left, roll the eye right. Open the eye, close the eye. Yeah, I’m easy to amuse.
9.gif
The translucency is fabulous too not to mention the colour change. There’s hardly any bleeding of colour. However…..it’s too small! I’m checking with Brad for a larger cc alex.
Sounds awesome. LOL on the size issue. There had to be a reason that the price wasn't stratospheric.
11.gif

Interested in what you find about other alex.
1.gif

ETA-I see you have already responded while I was typing. Slow as usual.
19.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl,
Actually, the price on the two large ones isn’t half as bad as I was expecting. In reading around, it appears that cc alex cabochons are undervalued when compared to a faceted stone, so no complaints from me there.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I am glad you all are enjoying the stones but I feel like I am missing out on all the fun.... PICTURES please
emangel.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 8:06:06 AM
9.gif
Sounds like you''re having too much fun! You could always send it over to me if it''s too small for you.
2.gif

*chanting* We want pics! We want pics!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I''m returning mine as it''s too small for me, also the flat side is slanted and not quite as flat as stated so there''s a bit of the stone''s weight on the bottom. I''m not sure it can be set easily without the eye slant to one side.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking of returning mine too. Too small and my setting idea is going to cost much more than the stone. It is so pretty though so I am reluctant to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results