shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat''s eye Alexandrite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi all I''ve been offline for a while, trying to keep computer usage to a minimal but I still browse the color stone thread and am very excite to see all the new stones posted recently.

This little pretty will hopefully be in my procession in a couple of weeks. What do everyone think about it? I am a little worry the eye is not very sharp, but the colour and transparency is nice.

Any setting ideas? A Sally lotus ring perhaps?

CEAlex0_65ct.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
color change

CEAlex0_65ct_.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m a sucker for cat''s eyes and stars, and for color change stones. I love it. I''d be more interested that the eye rolls around the stone in a pleasing way. I''ll bet it moves a lot. Don''t you want the line in cat''s eyes to have a bit of width? Then they look more like real cat''s eyes, than if it was a straight and narrow line.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 12:19:46 AM
Author: Fly Girl
I''m a sucker for cat''s eyes and stars, and for color change stones. I love it. I''d be more interested that the eye rolls around the stone in a pleasing way. I''ll bet it moves a lot. Don''t you want the line in cat''s eyes to have a bit of width? Then they look more like real cat''s eyes, than if it was a straight and narrow line.
Fly Girl this is my first cat''s eyes so I''m still learning about them (along with every other gem variety). I read the eye should be narrow and sharp. However, I have no idea what''s defined as a good width for narrow.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh- I love the color change. how large is it? and i like the lotus idea- as I see some of the beautiful pictures that she has with cabs in them.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I really enjoy phenomenal stones, and double ones even more :) I sure hope you can post more pics esp in the sun, thanks and congrats.

Date: 7/18/2009 12:12:56 AM
Author:Lovinggems
Hi all I''ve been offline for a while, trying to keep computer usage to a minimal but I still browse the color stone thread and am very excite to see all the new stones posted recently.

This little pretty will hopefully be in my procession in a couple of weeks. What do everyone think about it? I am a little worry the eye is not very sharp, but the colour and transparency is nice.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 12:55:34 AM
Author: D&T
oooh- I love the color change. how large is it? and i like the lotus idea- as I see some of the beautiful pictures that she has with cabs in them.
D&T:It''s small - 0.65cts so I''m guessing 4.5 to 5mm? I''m waiting for a reply to confirm measurements.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 1:02:18 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
I really enjoy phenomenal stones, and double ones even more :) I sure hope you can post more pics esp in the sun, thanks and congrats.

Date: 7/18/2009 12:12:56 AM
Author:Lovinggems

Thank you SleepySpinel, I''ll try taking photos once I have it, might have to enlist DH''s help again.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2009 1:09:21 AM
Author: Lovinggems

D&T:It''s small - 0.65cts so I''m guessing 4.5 to 5mm? I''m waiting for a reply to confirm measurements.
you know,that is a perfect size- I like my stone on the smaller side - though ( the guys probably think I''m nuts whenever I call or email them asking if they have anything in the 5mm range)...lol.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 1:16:12 AM

you know,that is a perfect size- I like my stone on the smaller side - though ( the guys probably think I''m nuts whenever I call or email them asking if they have anything in the 5mm range)...lol.
I love them in all sizes and colors, but I just bought three 5mm green color stones so I guess I''m into the dainty look at the moment too.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T:It's small - 0.65cts so I'm guessing 4.5 to 5mm? I'm waiting for a reply to confirm measurements.
I saw the posting list it as 3.9 mm. I thought the stone is 0.33 ct?
I just purchased the big sister/brother to it.
9.gif
I plan on having a halo around it for an extra punch (0.7 ct cat's eye alexandrite and it measures 5 mm).

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be fabulous in a lotus! I may be a bit biased because I''m getting an alexandrite lotus (faceted stone, not cat''s eye). Cabochons look great in the lotus setting though!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 10:31:34 PM
Author: Chrono

9.gif
I plan on having a halo around it for an extra punch (0.7 ct cat''s eye alexandrite and it measures 5 mm).
Thank you so much, Chrono, for removing temptation from other weak colored stone fans.
9.gif
I love that pretty.

Please post lots of pictures when you get the stone. That''s the best part of this place...getting to enjoy the goodies without spending the dough.
36.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
I plan on having a halo around it for an extra punch (0.7 ct cat''s eye alexandrite and it measures 5 mm).
Confirmed the cab is 4.4mm to 4.5mm. Mine is another one not listed on the site, I want to get the smaller one but it was already on reserve, I then ask about the 0.7ct but someone else reserved that one too, and it was you!
9.gif
Please do post your thoughts and comments on the stone once you have it, and pics too if possible.

I love the halo idea too and it''s my other design choice.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 12:49:48 AM
Author: jstarfireb
I think it would be fabulous in a lotus! I may be a bit biased because I''m getting an alexandrite lotus (faceted stone, not cat''s eye). Cabochons look great in the lotus setting though!
Thanks jstarfireb, I love the lotus setting and I think your stone will look fabulous in one. Are you setting yours in white gold?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 1:13:54 AM

9.gif
Thank you so much, Chrono, for removing temptation from other weak colored stone fans.
9.gif
I love that pretty.

Please post lots of pictures when you get the stone. That''s the best part of this place...getting to enjoy the goodies without spending the dough.
36.gif
Flygirl if you are keen on getting one you can email Brad and see if he has one more for you...
11.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 2:04:19 AM

9.gif
9.gif
I love that pretty.

36.gif
Flygirl if you are keen on getting one you can email Brad and see if he has one more for you...
11.gif
That''s a great idea, but I mustn''t.
4.gif
Must be strong...
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
9.gif
I love that pretty.

36.gif
I saw it a few months ago but didn''t want to buy it at that time. When I saw him list the little 0.33 ct cc alex and saw how quickly it went, I suddenly realized that there are other sharks in the water and I had better bite quickly. And it looks like I was correct!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 2:01:02 AM

Confirmed the cab is 4.4mm to 4.5mm. Mine is another one not listed on the site, I want to get the smaller one but it was already on reserve, I then ask about the 0.7ct but someone else reserved that one too, and it was you!
9.gif
Please do post your thoughts and comments on the stone once you have it, and pics too if possible.

I love the halo idea too and it''s my other design choice.
That little 0.33 ct cc alex went so quickly, didn''t it? After that, I knew I had to whip out my card quickly before the bigger one gets reserved too. Sorry I had first dibs but I''m glad you managed to snag one too. I''m worried 5 mm might be too small but I don''t want it to slip away either. These double phenomena stones aren''t common. I''ll let everyone know when I receive it. I''d like your opinion on yours too, LG.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And where are pictures and the thread dedicated to it?
38.gif
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 4:12:14 PM

That''s exactly what I was looking for except mine will be 1000% smaller.
7.gif
Yes, but you don''t need to sell your house in order to afford yours!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 2:02:48 AM

Thanks jstarfireb, I love the lotus setting and I think your stone will look fabulous in one. Are you setting yours in white gold?

White gold shank with a yellow gold lotus head...best of both worlds! I saw MTG''s pad lotus in person yesterday and am really looking forward to mine, although it''s going to be TINY!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl - I will be strong too and only allow myself one more gem after this one (for this year anyway).
9.gif

Chrono - I'm glad you got that alex cat's eye, myself I only became interested in one a couple of weeks ago. Mine is even smaller than yours but I think it will look really beautiful set as a cluster ring, sort of a miniature version. Also I'd imagine anything bigger the price per carat will be much, much dearer.

Jstarfireb- Two tone sounds great, I have to rethink about the lotus setting because I don't want the prongs to cover the eye.
5.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
LG-Ooooo it''s lovely!!!

I have the little sister version to your new lovely :)

It is small, but has a beautiful color change.

Can''t wait to see how you set your.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
I soooo want one of those cat''s eye alexes!! Please post lots of pics!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:45:38 AM
Author: stepcutnut
LG-Ooooo it's lovely!!!

I have the little sister version to your new lovely :)

It is small, but has a beautiful color change.

Can't wait to see how you set your.
Good work stepcutnut! Have you got it yet? Do you like it? Comments? I think mine is more similar to yours than Chrono's.

I bought a few stones lately so I don't think I'll have it set anytime soon.
7.gif
However, I have 9 transitional cut diamonds I may use to recreate a miniature cluster ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:50:02 AM
Author: brandy_z28
36.gif
I soooo want one of those cat''s eye alexes!! Please post lots of pics!!
brandy_z28 they are very interesting aren''t they? Might be a bit hard to photograph though because it''s a bit small.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 6:07:28 AM
Good work stepcutnut! Have you got it yet? Do you like it? Comments? I think mine is more similar to yours than Chrono''s.

I bought a few stones lately so I don''t think I''ll have it set anytime soon.
7.gif
However, I have 9 transitional cut diamonds I may use to recreate a miniature cluster ring.
You can use those 9 trannies to be the cluster around the cc alex!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results