shape
carat
color
clarity

CatMom's Expanding Pin/Brooch Menagerie

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Alex T, see that is why I don't do collection shots...it's really a blue butterfly, graduated blue sapphires lol.

Well i love it even MORE if it's blue!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic collection.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Aww thank you so much Big Fat Facets[love the name!]!! It does bring me happiness and fun.

Thank you kindly!! As a fellow emerald cut lover, I sure do love seeing that avatar of yours featuring your enormous and exceptional emerald cut ring.

I had to comeback to sneak another peak at your collection. I especially adore how you combine fine plant specimen along with the gem encrusted representation of the animal kingdom. Shows your fun and whimsy nature! A feast for my eyes. thank you for sharing!

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These look amazing all together! The colors are gorgeous and each one is unique and special! I love them!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Love your menagerie!!! They are all lovely, but my favorite is the frog! He can hop on over to my sweater anytime. :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Catmom!
What a gorgeous and unique collection of pins/brooches.
Makes me think of the collection of the Dutchess of Windsor. Wallace would be very jealous of your bling! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic collection.

Thanks marcy!!

Thank you kindly!! As a fellow emerald cut lover, I sure do love seeing that avatar of yours featuring your enormous and exceptional emerald cut ring.

I had to comeback to sneak another peak at your collection. I especially adore how you combine fine plant specimen along with the gem encrusted representation of the animal kingdom. Shows your fun and whimsy nature! A feast for my eyes. thank you for sharing!

Aww, thank you so much Big Fat facets!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These look amazing all together! The colors are gorgeous and each one is unique and special! I love them!

Thank you so much diamondseeker!!

Love your menagerie!!! They are all lovely, but my favorite is the frog! He can hop on over to my sweater anytime. :love:

LOL, thanks RunningwithScissors! I like him a lot too. He comes out more pink in my pictures but he is really a deep red.

Hi Catmom!
What a gorgeous and unique collection of pins/brooches.
Makes me think of the collection of the Dutchess of Windsor. Wallace would be very jealous of your bling! :love:

LOL Rubies-R=Me, I doubt it but thank you for saying so!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This all is beyond stunning
:love:
Please tell me you display them mounted in a shadow box on the wall while not being worn? :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me want to be a brooch person. :kiss2: They're all so beautiful!! As always, thanks for sharing such a beautifully curated collection.

BTW I need to borrow your husband...lol

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to put these in order of preference. But every time I try - they all tie for first! if I *had* to pick just one, I'm probably all about the yellow and white diamond dragonfly. Or the yellow gold opal brooch, which is a close second. Or maybe first. I'm not sure. Altho - I have to say - I LOVE the enamel dragonflies! And actually, for a long time, the blue and white butterfly was my favorite. Altho - that maple leaf... :love:

You see my problem?

Awesome collection, @Catmom. :))

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All amazing!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For those of you that asked for a group shot I tried my best. I usually don't do these because I always manage to make every one look awful. No sun here today only rain so I had to use the lights on my island. My critter collection is growing plus there are a couple oddballs, lol, but here it is....

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg

Oh my how pretty altogether! I love the dragonfly’s and the maple leaf :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This all is beyond stunning
:love:
Please tell me you display them mounted in a shadow box on the wall while not being worn? :lol:

No, but that's an idea.............:lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me want to be a brooch person. :kiss2: They're all so beautiful!! As always, thanks for sharing such a beautifully curated collection.

BTW I need to borrow your husband...lol

Ah everyone should be a brooch person! It seems like I'm single handedly trying to bring them back but it's probably better for my pocketbook if everyone forgets about them. :lol:

I want to put these in order of preference. But every time I try - they all tie for first! if I *had* to pick just one, I'm probably all about the yellow and white diamond dragonfly. Or the yellow gold opal brooch, which is a close second. Or maybe first. I'm not sure. Altho - I have to say - I LOVE the enamel dragonflies! And actually, for a long time, the blue and white butterfly was my favorite. Altho - that maple leaf... :love:

You see my problem?

Awesome collection, @Catmom. :))

:lol: Thanks mrs-b! My problem as well when someone asks which is my favorite.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The brightest note in my week - thank you for sharing! I can picture them crawling up to your shoulder.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the group pic! Inspired me to get a critter of my own as an impulse buy. Haha, I'll save it for christmas as a gift to myself hehe

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, the gecko is too precious. Fabulous collection! Thanks for sharing.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The brightest note in my week - thank you for sharing! I can picture them crawling up to your shoulder.

Aww, you're welcome! I'm happpy you like them.

Love the group pic! Inspired me to get a critter of my own as an impulse buy. Haha, I'll save it for christmas as a gift to myself hehe

Ooooooh, you know I need to see pics!!!!!

Oh, the gecko is too precious. Fabulous collection! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you mommylawyer!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
True artwork. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
What a great collection! I love them all:kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the two dragonflies with enamelled wings.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving the two dragonflies with enamelled wings.

Thank you CMN but actually only the one has enameled wings. The other one has brushed white gold under a yellow gold overlay. See that is why I had doing these types of pics lol. None of the pieces look like they should. You can tell better in this pic.

DSC_0083.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you that asked for a group shot I tried my best. I usually don't do these because I always manage to make every one look awful. No sun here today only rain so I had to use the lights on my island. My critter collection is growing plus there are a couple oddballs, lol, but here it is....

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg
I was perusing the jewelweb last night - you know the daily auction and preloved trawl - and ran into a vintage charm necklace. No designer listed, and it wasn’t particularly well made, but it had a larger-link chain and just a handful of charms spaced quite far apart.

And the first thing I thought of was your collection. Pinned to a chain that falls right at the collarbone - oh my goodness, what a charm necklace your critters would make!! Exquisite and unexpected :love:

Do you ever wear them that way? Can I pretty please beg for some photos? ::)

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was perusing the jewelweb last night - you know the daily auction and preloved trawl - and ran into a vintage charm necklace. No designer listed, and it wasn’t particularly well made, but it had a larger-link chain and just a handful of charms spaced quite far apart.

And the first thing I thought of was your collection. Pinned to a chain that falls right at the collarbone - oh my goodness, what a charm necklace your critters would make!! Exquisite and unexpected :love:

Do you ever wear them that way? Can I pretty please beg for some photos? ::)

That's an interesting idea. I would love to see photos of something like that. I'll have to go searching. I've never worn my pins that way but I could see maybe a paperclip chain with the dragonflies on it. Hmmmmmmm, LOL. :think:

I don't have all of them here with me but I took a few quick snaps for you of what I have. Not real good photos though.

IMG_9478.jpg

IMG_9480.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I dip into this thread, it's total love for all of your beauties. Would love to see them worn as a charm necklace. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results