shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. Congrats. Can I ask how much it was?

$1100.
I have a synthetic custom cut coming in within the next two weeks and probably won’t be keeping both, as only planning on one more ring.
The one I don’t choose, I’ll be putting up on LT.

voce

Ideal_Rock
So excited!!!

My next CS project. Aquamarine with peachy/orange spinel and diamond melee halo.

190926_193553_COLLAGE-1.jpg
Haha, as I was playing around with my orange spinels today I thought that the color would look awesome against a sky blue. Looks like your pairing of aqua with peach/orange is very much the same color palette I was thinking about. Excited to see this project come to fruition for you! How soon are you starting it?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, as I was playing around with my orange spinels today I thought that the color would look awesome against a sky blue. Looks like your pairing of aqua with peach/orange is very much the same color palette I was thinking about. Excited to see this project come to fruition for you! How soon are you starting it?

Great minds!!=)2
In couple of weeks project will begin.
So are our spinels the same color? I got mine from yvonnes site too.::)

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
$1100.
I have a synthetic custom cut coming in within the next two weeks and probably won’t be keeping both, as only planning on one more ring.
The one I don’t choose, I’ll be putting up on LT.

Ugh! Please wait til I have $1100 if you sell this one (and I hope it's this one, if you agree to).

voce

Ideal_Rock
Great minds!!=)2
In couple of weeks project will begin.
So are our spinels the same color? I got mine from yvonnes site too.::)
I don't think so. I got mine from an earlier batch. They're not as peachy as yours.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought something that is not green! OMG!

Haha I am so excited about this I have to share! He is named Wonky and I am super excited about him! Burmese spinel.

I normally loath wonky cuts and windows but this colour! I could not resist!

R10434-Spinel-1.97ct-Burma-1_800x.jpg

R10434-Spinel-1.97ct-Burma-3_2048x.jpg

R10434-Spinel-1.97ct-Burma-5_300x225_crop_top.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Omg @mellowyellowgirl that's gorgeous! Not green, but the best color to set off your greens. :P2

Pink + green is divine. I can see these two colors overtaking your jewelry box eventually. :roll2:

voce

Ideal_Rock

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I see sugar inclusions similar to what you see in a lot of spess garnets, if you click on the Etsy photo to zoom.
I do see the sugar when viewed close up, but am not sure I would in real life perspective. I don't think the sugar sprinkles would bother me. I'm just now getting around to having a 6.5mm round tsav set that I purchased a few years back from Jeff Davies, so I probably shouldn't buy this one, but it seems to be a great deal! I bet it would make a nice pendant stone..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do see the sugar when viewed close up, but am not sure I would in real life perspective. I don't think the sugar sprinkles would bother me. I'm just now getting around to having a 6.5mm round tsav set that I purchased a few years back from Jeff Davies, so I probably shouldn't buy this one, but it seems to be a great deal! I bet it would make a nice pendant stone..
It would look a bit sleepy from arms length. It would make a nice ring stone. 8mm is a great size.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It would look a bit sleepy from arms length. It would make a nice ring stone. 8mm is a great size.
Well, you talked me in to it ;)2. Honestly though, I have looked at it a bunch of times over the last 24 hours and didn’t want to miss out on it. I’ve never seen an 8mm round Tsavorite in this price range that looked decent since I started collecting. Hopefully it looks as good in person as it does in the photos!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Cecile Raley sale... I bought spinels for the four petal flower earrings. Someone had them years ago and sold them on LT and I thought about buying them but then didn’t and have regretted it ever since. So now I’ll have my own and hopefully love them!

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
01E25A43-6B6B-4668-B489-3535FA89186F.jpeg
Loving this.
It’s a shame it’s got a heavy girdle.
Can dream of the honkers of prime sapphires that some have on here, but reality leads me to be content.

Have you decided to keep this instead of the custom one? (this is the same as the earth treasury one right?)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:twirl:
Have you decided to keep this instead of the custom one? (this is the same as the earth treasury one right?)

the custom cut won’t be delivered until next week.
Yes- this one here is the ET one.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
:twirl:

the custom cut won’t be delivered until next week.
Yes- this one here is the ET one.

I was about to compulsively watch if you were selling it. If you are selling this one, I'm interested!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I follow David Klass on Etsy and I saw this “name pendant”. If this is a name, it’s definitely not one I can read. Can anyone tell me what it is? Because I’m really curious...yep, that’s it. :D

7F1FB6A1-D79E-4C05-8B2E-00C0D7C5DBDB.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I missing something or is this Tsavorite priced very low? 2.53ct 8mm round for $693. It says minor inclusions, but none seem glaring to me in the photos or videos. Thoughts?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/739339...d-january?ref=shop_home_active_22&pro=1&frs=1
52E87434-06DF-49F9-80A8-125A778EEF88.jpeg

Well, you talked me in to it ;)2. Honestly though, I have looked at it a bunch of times over the last 24 hours and didn’t want to miss out on it. I’ve never seen an 8mm round Tsavorite in this price range that looked decent since I started collecting. Hopefully it looks as good in person as it does in the photos!

Did you receive this?
Just curious what you thought!:)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you receive this?
Just curious what you thought!:)

Yes, I did receive it! It was pretty, but it didn’t wow me, and I since I already have plenty of stones that don’t wow me, I sent it back. The color was a nice green, though not super bright. The cut had a bit of a flat top and I prefer stones with a higher crown. I think it was likely still a good price for the stone, if someone wasn’t as picky as I am and was looking for a big round Tsavorite. Shipping the return back to Canada using the method they instructed was quite expensive!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn’t want to start a thread for this question, so I hope it’s okay to ask here :)) . I’ve been think about buying this setting from JA for a sapphire I have and am wondering if the opening on the back side would be big enough to thoroughly clean the stone? I’m a little o.c.d. about cleaning all of the nooks and crannies of a stone and setting, so I usually go for wide open galleries. Do those who have similar galleries on rings find it hard to clean the underside of stones?
6A353DB0-E654-4BFB-BBAE-CECE4DE2FEC1.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered my first OEC ring! The seller said it's a PERFECT diamond white and sparkly! It's .36 oec diamond cocktail ring with a total carat weight of .75. It looks like a heart, bow, wreath and flower petals to me. Can't wait to receive her! I don't know how to post a pic because I don't have it yet. Just sharing my excitement! :kiss2: :wavey:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh love...this marquis ring with relationships between marquis gems.., and this opal ring! It reminds me so much of the spirit of baroque- ecstasy, where clouds/petals burst open with deep life imperative and inspiration of feeling. Just jewel lust today:)

Attachments

• F39F9877-C274-457C-A55B-15874E4D0862.jpeg
    F39F9877-C274-457C-A55B-15874E4D0862.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My last purchase before I bought the new house! Penniless now but looking forward to setting it one day!

3.28 pink spinel from Tajikistan

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200210170548122_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200210_011101.jpg

Lovely!! Is it pinkish orange or pink?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results