shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if I will manage to snatch that emerald. I'm partially staying disciplined by telling myself that I'll only but it if it's 20% off. If I do get it, I'll likely grab some yellow diamond melee, too, so I hope no PSer was going to go for those. If I get the emerald, I will want to set it in a yellow diamond scalloped halo. Hope we don't step on each other's toes. I can gladly let other PSers have the gems if we have discussed it beforehand.

What are you doing? You can’t be sweet like that. You need to be SAVAGE!!! You go after that emerald with all you’ve got. You check out your cart the second that 20% shows up and congratulate yourself on being the fasted hand in the West. :lol:

All joking aside, I love the idea of that emerald being paired with the yellow diamond melee. I thought about it myself. :mrgreen2: I kinda hope you do it now.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly, Elle :) The only reason I hesitate is that I want to see all of the pretties she brings back from Tuscon first!

This is me 100%. I like to wait and see what new things she rolls out. Plus, she puts a lot of them out during the sale. I am totally that obsessive woman refreshing her web browser every few minutes, all freaking day long, just so She doesn’t miss anything. :whistle:

voce

Ideal_Rock
What are you doing? You can’t be sweet like that. You need to be SAVAGE!!! You go after that emerald with all you’ve got. You check out your cart the second that 20% shows up and congratulate yourself on being the fasted hand in the West. :lol:

All joking aside, I love the idea of that emerald being paired with the yellow diamond melee. I thought about it myself. :mrgreen2: I kinda hope you do it now.
Lol I will certainly try to get that emerald, unless someone else objects. I just don't want to be ruthless when PS is such a loving and generous community.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is me 100%. I like to wait and see what new things she rolls out. Plus, she puts a lot of them out during the sale. I am totally that obsessive woman refreshing her web browser every few minutes, all freaking day long, just so She doesn’t miss anything. :whistle:

I'm the woman who checks Yvonne's sold page every day so she can see other people's projects :) Of course that's after I've checked her Etsy page for new gems and finished pieces!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I'm the woman who checks Yvonne's sold page every day so she can see other people's projects :) Of course that's after I've checked her Etsy page for new gems and finished pieces!

Seriously... people already know my stuff before I tell them. :lol-2:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
86E0B45E-5851-4B74-B810-DC619C1D1B7A.jpeg

I bought this solid boulder opal from naturalopals on Instagram. It’s really tiny, but I like it. His little projects get snatched up quickly.

I had fun with arkaysilversmith (Etsy), who designed the CAD. He showed me the entire process. =)2 I need to find another chain, (separate company) though.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@strawrose love the new ring in your avatar now. Is that the medium lily or the large lily?

@everyone that nice emerald is now sold. Yvonne said it was not through Etsy.

On the other hand, I have officially purchased this spinel to set in 14k RG in a cushion halo ring with tsavorites. I find the mix of peach and pink to be prettier than most padparadscha sapphires. It'll be my abstract lotus ring!
21_medium.jpg

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@voce what a great spinel! What design are you going for?

Thanks! This is a large lily ring she’ll ship Monday. It was originally the engraved version and she converted it at my request. I was shocked when she sent me this picture. :shock:

BEEF683D-D33F-4B73-86A1-63EA25520A3C.jpeg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@strawrose love the new ring in your avatar now. Is that the medium lily or the large lily?

On the other hand, I have officially purchased this spinel to set in 14k RG in a cushion halo ring with tsavorites. I find the mix of peach and pink to be prettier than most padparadscha sapphires. It'll be my abstract lotus ring!
21_medium.jpg
That will be a very pretty ring, voce, can't wait to see the finished product :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

21_medium.jpg

I’m admittedly bummed about the emerald but I’m also so happy you got this beauty. It’s going to look amazing with a tsav garnet halo. :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce what a great spinel! What design are you going for?

Thanks! This is a large lily ring she’ll ship Monday. It was originally the engraved version and she converted it at my request. I was shocked when she sent me this picture. :shock:

BEEF683D-D33F-4B73-86A1-63EA25520A3C.jpeg

I absolutely adore how this turned out. The design is already gorgeous but that milgrain brings it up to another level. I can’t wait to see your hand shots. :love:

voce

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 thanks!

@voce I meant to ask: will you go with a Yvonne design or another designer? The halo will look juicy!
Oh, I will definitely go with Yvonne's design. For me, I love all sorts of colors, and Yvonne's pretty melee gems gives me the best options with setting a colored stone with colored melee. It's so easy to work with her and tell her what I would like, and I like how transparent the pricing for her designs are, too.

I will go with other jewelers when the gemstones aren't sourced from Yvonne; my future ruby, and my Jedi red spinel with an inclusion, I will create custom projects where I am the designer. I like to sketch my own designs, even if I can't CAD them yet, and I will only produce my custom self-designed rings through honest jewelers who wouldn't say that my design is theirs.

However, I have a fear that maybe the bench might say that my designs aren't feasible for setting the gems. We'll see when the time comes. Right now I'm all about hoarding gems and planning projects, because I already have 8 projects in progress with Yvonne, and can't afford too much in the pipeline at once. Super duper excited that I'll be getting my own paraiba oval camellia ring in about a month! :mrgreen2:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I will definitely go with Yvonne's design. For me, I love all sorts of colors, and Yvonne's pretty melee gems gives me the best options with setting a colored stone with colored melee. It's so easy to work with her and tell her what I would like, and I like how transparent the pricing for her designs are, too.

I will go with other jewelers when the gemstones aren't sourced from Yvonne; my future ruby, and my Jedi red spinel with an inclusion, I will create custom projects where I am the designer. I like to sketch my own designs, even if I can't CAD them yet, and I will only produce my custom self-designed rings through honest jewelers who wouldn't say that my design is theirs.

However, I have a fear that maybe the bench might say that my designs aren't feasible for setting the gems. We'll see when the time comes. Right now I'm all about hoarding gems and planning projects, because I already have 8 projects in progress with Yvonne, and can't afford too much in the pipeline at once. Super duper excited that I'll be getting my own paraiba oval camellia ring in about a month! :mrgreen2:

Why do I have a feeling these are the multiple listings I saw earlier? :lol-2: The Paraiba is going to be soooo pretty!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Why do I have a feeling these are the multiple listings I saw earlier? :lol-2: The Paraiba is going to be soooo pretty!
Well, I did decide on multi CS halos for it that are unique. I figured I had seen enough classy paraiba and diamond melee or spinel melee @elle_71125 around paraiba center stones, so I would go for something different. Now that I know you guys stalk Yvonne's Etsy shop and IG, I'm just a smidge upset I won't be able to take you completely by surprise when I reveal the ring to-be on a PS thread to-be.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I did decide on multi CS halos for it that are unique. I figured I had seen enough classy paraiba and diamond melee or spinel melee @elle_71125 around paraiba center stones, so I would go for something different. Now that I know you guys stalk Yvonne's Etsy shop and IG, I'm just a smidge upset I won't be able to take you completely by surprise when I reveal the ring to-be on a PS thread to-be.

But we’ll just be more excited for the hand shot! :Up_to_something:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can’t wait to see what you’ve decided! Whatever you chose is bound to look wonderful.:love:
Just yesterday I was thinking maybe I’ll set a paraiba with yellow diamond melee and have a major tropical vibe. :lickout:

Don’t feel too bad, most of us don’t stalk Yvonne’s shop (just a select few, like myself and @strawrose and @leslie1956) but that doesn’t mean we aren’t all crazy excited to see all the pics you share and get all the juicy details. :mrgreen2: It’s not real until it’s been posted on PS. ;)2

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see what you’ve decided! Whatever you chose is bound to look wonderful.:love:
Just yesterday I was thinking maybe I’ll set a paraiba with yellow diamond melee and have a major tropical vibe. :lickout:

Don’t feel too bad, most of us don’t stalk Yvonne’s shop (just a select few, like myself and @strawrose and @leslie1956) but that doesn’t mean we aren’t all crazy excited to see all the pics you share and get all the juicy details. :mrgreen2: It’s not real until it’s been posted on PS. ;)2
What Elle said :) Don't think that I knew you had a paraiba as well. I love seeing them set with colored melee and know your ring will be spectacular!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

21_medium.jpg

That is a beauty! Would you mind sharing the weight and dimensions?

voce

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 @strawrose @leslie1956

Okay, I'm officially on a ban. Just spent a tad above $2k in the 4 days of this month, plus lots in January. I will not be watching Yvonne's store during Tucson. My priority is setting the gems I already have instead of buying more. Wish all PSers luck at getting what they want. Remember voce with the resolute will and quick fingers, who clicked that check out button on the Etsy cart page as soon as midnight hit on the East cost.

I'm pleased I got the lavender sapphire melee; there were only 8 total, and it was in 13 people's carts before the 20% sale. I'm planning on using them to halo my neon red spinel I showed you guys in the other thread. However, this is lower priority than my dream ruby ring project, so I consider myself lucky if I can do it before Christmas.

Peace out :cool2:. I'm staying out of Tucson frenzy.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
BE1B526A-5071-453A-AB1F-43234B7F66BF.jpeg Tsavorite vs. Emerald

Im loving your emerald cut emerald ring! It's so well designed and has such great proportions! Did you post more photos of it in another thread? For my own oogling purposes?! :mrgreen:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
So PS-ers, I need everyone to be brutally honest with me-- is it ridiculous to look for an unheated, high-quality padparadscha sapphire that's round cut?

From chatting with vendors including Inken, I've been advised that it's better to prioritize color over cut/shape with padparadschas. Moreover, round padparadschas are very rare-- something which I've observed based on a simple Google search.

However, the setting that I'm dreaming of is floral inspired, and I really want a round shaped sapphire for that. What does everyone think? Should I stick to my guns, or should I just give up on the shape I want and focus more on finding my ideal color?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im loving your emerald cut emerald ring! It's so well designed and has such great proportions! Did you post more photos of it in another thread? For my own oogling purposes?! :mrgreen:
I thought I did but can’t find it. Hmm

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So PS-ers, I need everyone to be brutally honest with me-- is it ridiculous to look for an unheated, high-quality padparadscha sapphire that's round cut?

From chatting with vendors including Inken, I've been advised that it's better to prioritize color over cut/shape with padparadschas. Moreover, round padparadschas are very rare-- something which I've observed based on a simple Google search.

However, the setting that I'm dreaming of is floral inspired, and I really want a round shaped sapphire for that. What does everyone think? Should I stick to my guns, or should I just give up on the shape I want and focus more on finding my ideal color?

Do you have a large budget and lots of time? Does it definitely need to be unheated? I feel like I’ve seen maybe one round in almost ten years, can’t remember if it was heated or not.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a large budget and lots of time? Does it definitely need to be unheated? I feel like I’ve seen maybe one round in almost ten years, can’t remember if it was heated or not.

Yes, I have lots of time and am flexible in terms of budget-- though I'm limiting myself to the 1-1.5ct. range-- and would strongly prefer unheated. Still not sure if finding a pad in that size/shape is possible lol

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farewell sweet Chrysoberyl

You were lovely but Lil Sis needs a yellow and can't find nice stone so you're going home to her.

received_1435723203248678.jpeg

I will recover! I'll just wear the yellow diamond.

voce

Ideal_Rock

Have you given any thought to going with spinel? Imo the padparadscha sapphires that are unheated are typically just not saturated enough for me, regardless of the cut. Whereas I've seen so many gemmy spinels with both pink and orange in a wide range of saturation.

Farewell sweet Chrysoberyl

You were lovely but Lil Sis needs a yellow and can't find nice stone so you're going home to her.

received_1435723203248678.jpeg

I will recover! I'll just wear the yellow diamond.
Awww! You're too nice of a sister.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results