shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, rather than keep threadjacking my own thread...lol lets just chat / show us whats upcoming in the mail
11.gif
I got nothing going on much
7.gif
except a peridot pendant project that should be completed in two weeks
36.gif
so whats going on for you? do show and tell
41.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Oh D&T - so sorry! I kept hoping someone would pop on that silver topaz thread and tell us they got it!!

Me? hmm...maybe a couple things via a couple friends...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:06:05 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Oh D&T - so sorry! I kept hoping someone would pop on that silver topaz thread and tell us they got it!!

Me? hmm...maybe a couple things via a couple friends...
lol... I was just thinking to myself that I want to hear and see all these projects and didn''t realize I started to stray a bit... no worries... I was going to start naming you guys off so I can see some pretty pictures
31.gif
you know to fill my empty wallet with some good eyecandy instead.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any pictures. But my new blue pretty should be here on the 3rd...however, I don''t know if I''ll be able to take pictures right away since our engagement party is on the 4th.

(Don''t throw those tomatoes just yet!)

Oh, and I have some new stones that I''ve had for a while, and haven''t taken pictures yet...

(Now you can throw ''em...)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmm, this is off the market. I won''t receive it until September, but I can''t wait!
11.gif

2.73ctmandarin-garnet-spessartite_GSP-00703-l.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:19:31 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Ummmm, this is off the market. I won''t receive it until September, but I can''t wait!
11.gif
yowza!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:17:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I don''t have any pictures. But my new blue pretty should be here on the 3rd...however, I don''t know if I''ll be able to take pictures right away since our engagement party is on the 4th.

Oh, and I have some new stones that I''ve had for a while, and haven''t taken pictures yet...

Oh, yes how exciting. and btw Have a great fantastic time at the party! when is the big day?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m just waiting on my spinel pendant from Julia, should be here in the next 2 weeks or so. :) excited!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
11.gif
YUMMY!!!! specs?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:21:18 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 6/30/2009 4:17:00 PM

Oh, yes how exciting. and btw Have a great fantastic time at the party! when is the big day?
Not until January 9th. So just over 6 months. EEK!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:21:22 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I''m just waiting on my spinel pendant from Julia, should be here in the next 2 weeks or so. :) excited!
mee too! thanks to you MTG- I got her working on my peridot as well. We sure are keeping her busy ehh?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
11.gif
That''s just beautiful! Hope it lives up to it''s picture! You do such a good job picking Assher stones if I ever put one on hold I''m going to ask you to look at it before I commit.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T I love peridots. Can't wait to see the photos of your pendant.

FC don't worry I can wait for the photos. Enjoy your party!!!!
9.gif

MTG you always seem to have a project going. Bet your spinel will look FAB.

Edited to add more

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:27:15 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
D&T I love peridots. Can''t wait to see the photos of your pendant.
Thanks Stone Hunter- its been so long since I''ve seen it last...lol I can''t even remember what it looks like, I''ve only had it a few days before shipping it off to Julia.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T - it''s 2.73 ct. Spess, and according to Rung from AJS, it has no brown or yellow secondary in it at all. I will be sure to take pics when it gets into my hands.

Stone Hunter - I''m excited to see it, too, and I really, really hope it lives up to the pic. This is the most money I''ve spent on any stone (except for my ACA) so I''m really, really hoping the pics he sent are true to life. I can''t see any brown in any of them, but I do know AJS likes to use some PS at times. Fingers crossed!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:28:56 PM

Thanks Stone Hunter- its been so long since I''ve seen it last...lol I can''t even remember what it looks like, I''ve only had it a few days before shipping it off to Julia.
I spent months and months looking for a round peridot that I would love the color of and then I gave up. Someday I''ll find one.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:28:56 PM

Did you take pics and post it?

I''m thinking of doing a peridot pendant for my sister''s birthday coming up next month . . . can''t wait to see your pics!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:28:30 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 6/30/2009 4:22:54 PM
Not until January 9th. So just over 6 months. EEK!
Hehe, that''s my birthday!
If you decide to go to Vegas for your birthday...I know a great wedding you can go to!
31.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nevermind, D&T, I found the thread! I LOVE the concave cutting! I''m really looking forward to seeing it set, now!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:30:28 PM

I spent months and months looking for a round peridot that I would love the color of and then I gave up. Someday I''ll find one.
how bout we help you look
31.gif

something this color? I love love love this, but both mine has a more yellowy presence which i still adore

peridotjeffwhitegem111.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
11.gif
Congratulations!! It''s beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 4:35:52 PM
Nevermind, D&T, I found the thread! I LOVE the concave cutting! I''m really looking forward to seeing it set, now!
oh gosh... I''m not one that can keep a secret - I''ll spll the beans
9.gif

I''m having Julia make a double bezel pendant slider. Yellow gold inside hugging the peridot and white gold on the outside so I can interchange my color wg/yg chain... Hope it turns out well.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I already showed TL this but I will be recieving some sphene rough in the mail in about 2 weeks...here is pic of it..I will get about half of whats shown..never messed with facet sphene before just junk material
Wow that cut peridot is awesome

dudes sphene rough 2 weeks.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 5:01:07 PM
Author: amethystguy
I already showed TL this but I will be recieving some sphene rough in the mail in about 2 weeks...here is pic of it..I will get about half of whats shown..never messed with facet sphene before just junk material
Wow that cut peridot is awesome
so how do i get my hands on one of them gemmy
31.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
D&T, I''m sorry for the threadjacking too! But this is a fun thread!
9.gif
Ok, since I have contributed to the threadjacking of your other thread I''ll fess up although I don''t have my own photos yet.

Barry''s photo in this case was not the best representation of the stone, but something about it just grabbed me even though I normally don''t seem to connect with pink tourmalines and definitely spent more than I normally would
38.gif
But it''s hard to wallow in regret when the stone IRL is one of my favorite pinks and much much prettier and brighter than the picture shows
30.gif
My favorite part about it is how GREAT it looks indoors, something I''ve been missing with my other stones that look great under natural lighting but definitely tone down once inside.

I did get something else in bright pink but I''ll get in trouble if I talk about it
27.gif
Between these two stones I might actually be done with pink stones for now
6.gif

t-6214g_64_general.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 5:20:37 PM
Author: Babyblue033
D&T, I''m sorry for the threadjacking too! But this is a fun thread!
9.gif
Ok, since I have contributed to the threadjacking of your other thread I''ll fess up although I don''t have my own photos yet.

Barry''s photo in this case was not the best representation of the stone, but something about it just grabbed me even though I normally don''t seem to connect with pink tourmalines and definitely spent more than I normally would
38.gif
But it''s hard to wallow in regret when the stone IRL is one of my favorite pinks and much much prettier and brighter than the picture shows
30.gif
My favorite part about it is how GREAT it looks indoors, something I''ve been missing with my other stones that look great under natural lighting but definitely tone down once inside.

I did get something else in bright pink but I''ll get in trouble if I talk about it
27.gif
Between these two stones I might actually be done with pink stones for now
6.gif
ooohh do spill!

I saw this stone, and when I went to click on it SOLD!!! so you were the one! its gorgeous.. I love this pink!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I will be receiving my finished spessartite ring from Richard Wise on Friday. And I received a 1.3 ct.trillion shaped pink spinel from Swala Gem traders last week. The stone is definitely a hot pink. I haven''t had a chance to take any pictures of it.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
LTP -- Love your upcoming asscher! Don''t think I''ve seen one in that color yet!

Are we limited to our "homemade" projects, or can we post some pretties that are pre-made? :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 5:55:16 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
LTP -- Love your upcoming asscher! Don't think I've seen one in that color yet!

Are we limited to our 'homemade' projects, or can we post some pretties that are pre-made? :)
Post away Fiery!!!

Cindy- I love spessartites . and a hot pink gemmy... yummy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results