shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Lovedogs, I love your new spess ring and am excited to see your other rings once they are complete.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Loves vintage, that spinel is amazing! How are you going to set it!!!! I want more pictures.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1478038107|4092761 said:
Thank you! I have to admit I was a little worried to post it. I bought the diamond and then had a wonderful etsy seller create the ring and set it. The setting was a steal!

thanks Vesper for the stone dimensions - helps me visualize.
would you share which easy seller you used for the setting?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_lovesvintage_ love your black spinel!
Yours and Vespers large black diamond both have me pining!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Vesper, here are more pics per request. I will probably eventually have it bezel set in order to make the shape stand out.

Thanks Rfisher! Uli was a pleasure to work with if you want to see if he has more rough to cut one in the size that you would want. He recommended this cut or the standard round brilliant cut to me. A cut with minimal facets was mentioned as well.

Mochiko42, love your new emerald ring! Anything art deco is so gorgeous!

img_20161123_120622.jpg

img_20161123_120629.jpg

img_20161123_120717.jpg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock

Mochiko honey, your ring is to.die.for!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats! Wear it in good health!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper - I love how your black diamond looks in the YG setting,
lovesvintage - Uli's work is always a work of art..how do you plan to set yours?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Lilmosun, it will end up as a bezel set ring, but I haven't decided which one yet though. Maybe both stones will be rings. I had in mind to do one ring and one pendant when I asked Uli to cut them for me.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

I just got a couple of rings from Yvonne Raley

The first is a mostly yellow step cut chrysoberyl from Singapore with mahenge garnet sides. The chrysoberyl was a little bit too big for her octagon/hexagon three stone ring but i wanted to push it. I like how it came out. We picked paler mahenge's to better complement the light yellow chryso. 14k rose gold. size 7 3/4 (so I can wear it on both hands in all weathers)

Second ring is Tanzanian Kornerupine and Ceylon Sapphire in Yvonne's lily ring. I am obsessed with this ring: nice and low profile. Though I love colorful gems, this ring is a great work ring for me since I dress primarily in bruise colors (black and blue, green or purple lol) The collage shows the ring in all lights. The kornerupine are more sparkly than I expected. I love that this combination is subdued in some lights and is just Wow in others. I tried to capture the polychroism. Where you see shadows on the green, I see violet. In some lights the korerupine turn bright teal. The sapphires are 3.5 and 1.5 mm The Kornerupines are 3.2mm The ring is in 14K gold with rhodium plating, Size 7 3/4 so I can wear on different fingers depending on the weather

_38652.jpg

_38653.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A couple of little projects with Sally--

Handmade silver snake ring with moonstone head and sapphire eyes. Reset of my Mozambique cuprian tourmaline in a rose gold buttercup design with pink sapphire sidestones. :wavey:
20161206_083141.jpg 20161206_083019.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sungura - Love the chryso/mahenge garnet color combination! And I love the lily style ring and another kornerupine combo...it wasn't so obvious to me at first how well they'd work with other colors (and like you, I was amazed out how sparkly the melee was when set).

mochiko - need some close ups of the snake ring and more handshots of your cuprian (hard to believe you made one of my favorite rings even better!)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sangura, i'm in love with your new chrysoberyl ring. I've never been drawn to them but the yellow accented with pink really draws me in. Gorgeous! :love:

mochiko42, I think we can all agree that more pictures are required, of your cuprian reset. It looks even better than before (I can't believe I'm saying that). The color just pops, in your new setting. More pics! :naughty:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sungura I love both rings. I agree that pairing your Chrysoberyl with pink garnets looks amazing! :love:

Mochiko- Your tourmaline ring is so beautiful. Your tourmaline looks like a paraiba with all that glow. :appl:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

My Mom just mailed me this kunzite! I attempted to clean it today and I can't seem to get all of the dust off of it.
Suggestions?

img_20161210_110442.jpg
261kcnc.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I am going to post this baby here since I just bought it as a Christmas gift to myself. It is a 8.11ct star sapphire. Now I can pretend to be Jean Harlow. But at this size it is more Myra Loy.
star_sapphire3.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

star_sapphire.jpg

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock

Wow Vesper! That's gorgeous! :drool: Is that a custom setting?

Sungura- love those rings! The colors are gorgeous! :love:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you! No it came just like that. I have been wanting a blue star sapphire and I ran across this one. It did not even need to be sized! :dance:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sungura|1480974144|4104989 said:
I just got a couple of rings from Yvonne Raley

The first is a mostly yellow step cut chrysoberyl from Singapore with mahenge garnet sides. The chrysoberyl was a little bit too big for her octagon/hexagon three stone ring but i wanted to push it. I like how it came out. We picked paler mahenge's to better complement the light yellow chryso. 14k rose gold. size 7 3/4 (so I can wear it on both hands in all weathers)

Second ring is Tanzanian Kornerupine and Ceylon Sapphire in Yvonne's lily ring. I am obsessed with this ring: nice and low profile. Though I love colorful gems, this ring is a great work ring for me since I dress primarily in bruise colors (black and blue, green or purple lol) The collage shows the ring in all lights. The kornerupine are more sparkly than I expected. I love that this combination is subdued in some lights and is just Wow in others. I tried to capture the polychroism. Where you see shadows on the green, I see violet. In some lights the korerupine turn bright teal. The sapphires are 3.5 and 1.5 mm The Kornerupines are 3.2mm The ring is in 14K gold with rhodium plating, Size 7 3/4 so I can wear on different fingers depending on the weather

I love the Mahenge / chryso combination! Beautiful. I did not know that Singapore produced chrysoberyl (or other gemstones), how fascinating!

I love the kornerupine and sapphire colors too. I've never seen kornerupine IRL, are the colors accurate in the photo?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Ok PS has crashed on me three times and I lost my post each time. :wall: :wall: :wall: so this is abbreviated

Yikes mochiko I meant to say the chrysobery are Sri Lankan. Not from Singapore. I must have had chicken rice on my mind.

The color of the kornerupine are mostly accurate in my photos. THey are polychroic but since they are small they read green to the eye. But with a tilt of my hand I see some lovely violet hues and I was not able to capture that on the photos

I neglected to mention my inspiration pieces - mochiko's 5 stone with mahenge and chryso and a set of tiny petal danglies I purchased from Yvonne already made. They have kornerupine in the center

Thanks lisarn, mochiko, Lilmosun, Elle and islandbb for your lovely comments.

I skipped the photo because the site keeps added a photo that isn't mine

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper- Your star sapphire ring is lovely. Such presence! :love:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Merry Christmas to all!

dsc_1067.jpg

2,3 ct Rhodolite
A lot of extinction because of the cut but it's pretty in the right light, a very moody gem :lol:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Lots of nice additions here

Love that snake ring mochiko great use of moonstone

Nice to see kunzite Vesper. Do you like it? I would like to see more pics of the star sapphire. What lighting situations show it best?

gloria27 moody stones are great if you can accept them for what they are. I love seeing that splotch of bright pink with the darker background

Here is another pic of my kornerupine ring. I think I was able to capture more of its color shifts. You might need to expand the picture if you are looking in a phone

img_14175.jpg

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sungura|1482775338|4109664 said:
Lots of nice additions here

gloria27 moody stones are great if you can accept them for what they are. I love seeing that splotch of bright pink with the darker background

I agree, gorgeous new additions, everyone!

Yes, I love this garnet, although it goes a bit brown under fluorescent light, I'm happy with this purchase, the colour and everything not to mention the price was incredibly small. I'm thinking to make a E-W oriented pendant or a N-S ring, oxidized silver, Keum Boo modern style.

Btw, that kornerupine is amazing plus the colour combination is great!

eos512

Shiny_Rock

well received two red tourmalines today. The left one is from Jerry of gemartservices. The vendor's picture is as follows

_6388.jpeg

_6389.jpeg

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Very beautiful tourmalines, colour seems pretty accurate to me :love:
and they have an emerald-like glow only in pink

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did anyone see this beauty from The Gemstone Project? I swear, it's beauty floored me. I know I can't be the only one.
It's a stunning mahenge garnet set in a new rose gold design.

img_1043.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125|1483128476|4110826 said:
Did anyone see this beauty from The Gemstone Project? I swear, it's beauty floored me. I know I can't be the only one.
It's a stunning mahenge garnet set in a new rose gold design.

img_1043.jpg

I have!
It is quite stunning, along with the two original settings as well.
I'll use that as a segue- and shamelessly add what
I received from her today:

I'm smitten!
I love how it all came together.
She's great to work with.

_6391.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rfisher what? That paraiba was yours? Oh, I am so jealous. Post more pics and share those details! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results