shape
carat
color
clarity

Casey Anthony trial...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann01|1307665444|2942079 said:
yeah, that girl has LIED since this whole thing started. I still haven't pieced together exactly how that poor baby died but Casey was responsible IMO. The cadaver dog finding something in the backyard has me baffled. Thoughts?

The general thought process on the whole cadaver dog hitting is this...

Casey borrowed a shovel from a neighbor across the street a few days following Father's Day, or rather, the last time Caylee was seen alive. People speculate that Casey borrowed the shovel to bury her daughter in the back yard and there was freshly turned earth to back that up. The dogs would hit, say, if Casey set Caylee's decomposing body down for a period of time while she attempted to dig a grave.

I found it interesting, though, that Baez didn't jump all over the dogs to better align his theory, or rather, his story. He could have easily said-- "yes, Caylee died in the back yard, of course the dogs would hit because she was there and she was dead...thank you for your time" -- but he didn't. Which, IMO, doesn't add up. He attacked the notion that Caylee was EVER in the back yard and that the dogs gave a false positive. Which, of course, negates his entire defense...but I don't know if anyone else picked up on that...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1307665024|2942073 said:
lizzyann01|1307664722|2942072 said:
oh my gosh! I'm two days behind in watching trial footage. I'll try to catch up tonight! Italia, were the examiners ever able to find cause of death?

No they never determined a cause of death, but her body was found with duct tape across her nose and mouth.

Casey is a sick, sick individual. She had no tears today, but pretended to cry all day long. I'm not buying it for one second.

There was also a red heart sticker on the tape, over the mouth of Caylee. The same stickers found in Casey's room. She had a box of them.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1307669794|2942147 said:
oh my gosh! I'm two days behind in watching trial footage. I'll try to catch up tonight! Italia, were the examiners ever able to find cause of death?

No they never determined a cause of death, but her body was found with duct tape across her nose and mouth.

Casey is a sick, sick individual. She had no tears today, but pretended to cry all day long. I'm not buying it for one second.

There was also a red heart sticker on the tape, over the mouth of Caylee. The same stickers found in Casey's room. She had a box of them.

Ew! What! Oh gosh. I wish I had started watching this trial from the start.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think someone else mentioned this, but one thing I'd like to know is: since Cindy and George Anthony worked, and Casey never had a real nanny for Caylee (no Zanny), who watched Caylee when Casey pretended to go off to work at Universal?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Laila - I think I've started to believe that she was doping her on Xanax.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I believe she drugged the Caylee, too. Courts back in session today, so we'll see what happens next...

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I saw it yesterday and I don't believe for a second she was really crying. She wore white yesterday (the innocent mother... yeah, right!) and came into the courtroom looking upset so I believe her attorneys told her what she'd need to do that day. She didn't look at any of the photos and mostly kept her head down with her hand covering her mouth and nose. I personally didn't see tears and her nose was red only because she kept rubbing it with the kleenex. I know when I'm really upset about something and have cried on and off for hours that I pretty much have no makeup on and my eyes are swollen and red. After an entire day of this, I didn't see one sob or quivering chin, she still had her makeup on, and no swollen or bloodshot eyes. No way were those tears genuine, except the ones that she shed for herself. It will be interesting to see her demeanor in court today.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a death penalty case? I do not watch the trial and will not, but curious if the real hope of the defense is to preserve her life. I could not imagine she would be found not guilty.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1307713350|2942467 said:
Is this a death penalty case? I do not watch the trial and will not, but curious if the real hope of the defense is to preserve her life. I could not imagine she would be found not guilty.

Yes, it's a death penalty case.

I agree that the defense knows that there are a lot of mountains to climb when defending Casey, and have probably decided to put 99% of their collective effort into saving her life.

The defense, rarely if ever, verbally challenges the evidence, they object to it--but they don't offer up a fight against it. It's almost as if the defense and the prosecution are trying two separate cases that only happen to be in the same room.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock

Yep. And I've read that Casey would put stickers on her pets after they passed away. I'm not sure if that is true or not.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
portia|1307712604|2942463 said:
I saw it yesterday and I don't believe for a second she was really crying. She wore white yesterday (the innocent mother... yeah, right!) and came into the courtroom looking upset so I believe her attorneys told her what she'd need to do that day. She didn't look at any of the photos and mostly kept her head down with her hand covering her mouth and nose. I personally didn't see tears and her nose was red only because she kept rubbing it with the kleenex. I know when I'm really upset about something and have cried on and off for hours that I pretty much have no makeup on and my eyes are swollen and red. After an entire day of this, I didn't see one sob or quivering chin, she still had her makeup on, and no swollen or bloodshot eyes. No way were those tears genuine, except the ones that she shed for herself. It will be interesting to see her demeanor in court today.

Oh my God, they KNEW this was the day. The defense is versed and aware of every step the prosecution is going to take. Casey was stone faced when her family testified. Not an ounce of remorse or sadness or shame. The same half hearted sweep of her eyes, wiping away imaginary tears, when things got personal...but she was ice cold.

Do I think it all hit home yesterday? Yes. I think the prosecution put it up for the world see that she left her daughter, duct tapped, next to a piles and garbage and filth with weeds going through her remains. I think, more so than the parade of friends and family, this exposed Casey for being a really, really, really corrupt and disgusting and indifferent person. It was a "LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!" moment.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1307714019|2942471 said:

Yep. And I've read that Casey would put stickers on her pets after they passed away. I'm not sure if that is true or not.

And then, of course, there is the journal entry...

Posted on June 21

"I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out okay.
I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means.
I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see -- This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time.
I hope that my happiness will continue to grow -- I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people -- I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change."

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Italia, I think you missed your calling. You could give Nancy Grace a run for her money!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep, that's exactly what I noticed. Heck, I've cried more than that watching a sad movie.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1307719690|2942521 said:

Yep, that's exactly what I noticed. Heck, I've cried more than that watching a sad movie.

Yes, me too! That's why when they were finished yesterday and she stood up and still had makeup on and no red, swollen eyes I thought No Way!! She did look upset this morning when they mentioned about the animals getting to Caylee's remains. I just can't believe her courtroom emotions since she is such a masterful liar. I think she and Joran van der Sloot would make a lovely couple (behind bars, of course).

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
portia|1307722210|2942557 said:
Laila619|1307719690|2942521 said:

Yes, me too! That's why when they were finished yesterday and she stood up and still had makeup on and no red, swollen eyes I thought No Way!! She did look upset this morning when they mentioned about the animals getting to Caylee's remains. I just can't believe her courtroom emotions since she is such a masterful liar. I think she and Joran van der Sloot would make a lovely couple (behind bars, of course).

I think that the hysterics this morning are probably the most genuine thing we've gotten out of Casey Anthony in nearly 4 years.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Italia, that indeed could be true. I didn't buy it yesterday, but it seems more believable today. Perhaps having to listen all day to the horrid details of what she did to her daughter have gotten to her. How long will this trial go on for?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I believe the testimony regarding animal scavenging and plants and vines growing through the bones and blanket really made her realize how horrid the scene was. I think she also really reacted to the description of the bone retrieval process and reassembly were tough for her.

One question I've had regarding her behavior before Caylee's death was where was she getting the money to galavant around if she hadn't worked for 2 years? How did her family believe she was paying this nanny?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1307725403|2942622 said:
I believe the testimony regarding animal scavenging and plants and vines growing through the bones and blanket really made her realize how horrid the scene was. I think she also really reacted to the description of the bone retrieval process and reassembly were tough for her.

One question I've had regarding her behavior before Caylee's death was where was she getting the money to galavant around if she hadn't worked for 2 years? How did her family believe she was paying this nanny?

As to where she was getting the money, if she had access to Xanax she was probably dealing in drugs, or for all we know she may have been prostituting. In regards to what her parents though, remember that she was dressing up as if going to work every single day. She lead them to believe she was living a life that she wasn't.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1307725911|2942630 said:

As to where she was getting the money, if she had access to Xanax she was probably dealing in drugs, or for all we know she may have been prostituting. In regards to what her parents though, remember that she was dressing up as if going to work every single day. She lead them to believe she was living a life that she wasn't.

I think she led everyone to believe that she still worked at Universal Studios so they probably didn't question where her money came from. I also read that she stole money from friends and family so there's that, too.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The judge has just decided to let in an animation that morphs a picture of Caylee into her skull to show that the duct tape would cover her mouth and nose. Ewww........ Casey is pissed! How dare they show that her beautiful toddler decomposed into a skull. :nono:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... This trial sure is bringing all of their dirty laundry into the light. All I can say is that I am glad I am not a juror on this case...I don't think I could have gone into it with an open mind.

And I do have to agree, that kids can turn into someone totally different from how their parents tried to raise them. Our oldest son is a surprise to me for instance. He is a good young man, not in trouble or anything like that, but he has made some completely different choices than I thought he ever would have made, from when he was young and is very different from how we raised him...I love him and respect him, again he is a great guy, but he is different from what we expected.

Also, with mental illness (not speaking of her being found legally 'sane'), a lot of times these patterns don't show up until the late teens or early 20's...by then, the parents are so deep in denial and just want things to be normal, they do whatever they 'have' to do to save face, including bailing her out of her troubles and hoping she will learn and not repeat the same mistakes. Some people believe, if they want something to be true bad enough, it will be true...I think their version of the truth was skewed, because they wanted to believe their daughter, so her lies became their truth. I think they did try to 'help' their daughter by trying to fix her mistakes, etc., but this one act, was just pure evil...and yes, they now are facing the nightmare reality of what their daughter did. Must be an impossible situation...so very sad.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

Casey was a habitual thief. She stole to fund her lifestyle. The list of her victims include (but are not limited too) her parents, grandfather, grandmother and friends. She stole A LOT and she stole OFTEN. Hundreds and hundreds and thousands and thousands of dollars depending on who she was taking from.

Her parents, as I've said before, were letting Casey lead them around. They loved their daughter and they believed their daughter.

What Casey did was actually very interesting and equally as calculated.

Casey would snag something out of reality...like a name of an old friend...and spin an entire, huge, very intricate lie from that one simple, small truth. She rooted things **just enough** in reality to make them believable, she toed the line very, very closely.

Ultimately, it's her undoing...but when she would speak to Cindy or George, she did so with an air of authority, she was confident and steadfast...she wasn't telling on herself with the lies by being easy to read, and it was this allowed for people to "trust" her.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1307734320|2942760 said:
The judge has just decided to let in an animation that morphs a picture of Caylee into her skull to show that the duct tape would cover her mouth and nose. Ewww........ Casey is pissed! How dare they show that her beautiful toddler decomposed into a skull. :nono:

I doubt Casey ever thought the prosecution would fight this dirty. She's used to controlling the situation.

Sickly, I almost hope each day she walked into that courtroom is like a nightmare for her. Truthfully, I do. I hope with each new link of evidence the Pro presents she can feel the needle poking deeper into her arm. She deserves all this and so much more.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Italiahaircolor|1307736587|2942783 said:

Casey was a habitual thief. She stole to fund her lifestyle. The list of her victims include (but are not limited too) her parents, grandfather, grandmother and friends. She stole A LOT and she stole OFTEN. Hundreds and hundreds and thousands and thousands of dollars depending on who she was taking from.

Her parents, as I've said before, were letting Casey lead them around. They loved their daughter and they believed their daughter.

What Casey did was actually very interesting and equally as calculated.

Casey would snag something out of reality...like a name of an old friend...and spin an entire, huge, very intricate lie from that one simple, small truth. She rooted things **just enough** in reality to make them believable, she toed the line very, very closely.

Ultimately, it's her undoing...but when she would speak to Cindy or George, she did so with an air of authority, she was confident and steadfast...she wasn't telling on herself with the lies by being easy to read, and it was this allowed for people to "trust" her.

I knew a girl very much like this, and I'm so glad she was put into prison before reproducing because I have no doubt she could turn into something like this woman. They take any little tidbit and yes, weave this intricate story from it. It's a trait of sociopaths. They lie and manipulate. The girl I knew stole from people she supposedly considered "family".

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
What are your thoughts on the CGI shown today?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Somebody emailed to one of the anchors today -- a good one: that Casey's kleenex should be patented by ShamWow because it's never soggy or full of mascara. :lol:

Do you think Casey will testify? Her defense of lifelong abuse has no outside proof: she never mentioned to anyone, no doctors found evidence, etc. How else will they get it into evidence? What a circus that will be -- the prosecution will take her apart piece by piece. I can't see how she can avoid testifying -- BIG mistake!

Italia, that June 21 journal entry is completely chilling.

--- Laurie

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1307749301|2942935 said:
Somebody emailed to one of the anchors today -- a good one: that Casey's kleenex should be patented by ShamWow because it's never soggy or full of mascara. :lol:

Do you think Casey will testify? Her defense of lifelong abuse has no outside proof: she never mentioned to anyone, no doctors found evidence, etc. How else will they get it into evidence? What a circus that will be -- the prosecution will take her apart piece by piece. I can't see how she can avoid testifying -- BIG mistake!

Italia, that June 21 journal entry is completely chilling.

--- Laurie

I thought, at first, there was no way that Casey Anthony would take the stand, no way her lawyers would chances that. Then, after opening statements, I thought she would absolutely take the stand--she'd have to take the stand to give her claims an ounce of validity. Now, the experts are saying 'yes, yes, yes'...but I'm not as sure. Here's why...

For Casey to take the stand, one of two things would have to happen. One, she would have to put some of the onus on herself in the form of honesty, I doubt this is even in her DNA. We all know, whether it's legal or not, people lie on the stand all the time. Casey has been painted as this pathological liar from jumpstreet--it's her nature to deflect and lie her way out of or through whatever she's facing. Getting her on the stand would be fruitless in terms of proving a point. Everyone, and I'm assuming the jury as well, sees her as a liar whom cannot be trusted, her testimony would carry no credence, good television maybe, but would anyone believe a word she had to say? Baez has to know that. She isn't the type to say "yes, I messed up" and mean it and then, of course, be taken at face value. Secondly, if she got on the stand, Baez has to know that the Prosecution will chew her up and spit her out. She's not a "good witness" as far as credibility goes. If this were to occur, IMO, it would be an utter blood bath. Because, if she's up there, she's open to all the lines of questioning that will paint her into a corner...and she'll revert to what has worked in the past -- lying and quarter truths.

What I think is probably going to happen to validate Baez's opening states is he'll either produce one juicy bombshell that will leave us all shocked. OR--and he can do this--never mention it again. He doesn't have to back up his claims, and the prosecution can't touch him if he doesn't. A defendant cannot be judged--good, bad, or indifferent--for not taking the stand. It's a very fine line the prosecution has to toe. If the prosecution steps over that, or even so much as hits at it, it's an automatic mistrial.

Think about it...Baez has objected to nearly every bit of evidence and has asked for a mistrial on numerous occasions, all of which has been denied by this judge, but Baez wants this trial shut down. If he can strategically bait the prosecution into even questioning the validity of his claims or remark on not having had those claims backed up...BAM...mistrial. He'll have the grounds he certifiably needs to get a redo.

It's actually pretty intelligent--as much as it irks me to say that ( :nono: = me). He isn't working with a solid case, he's not in a good position. He must must must think outside of the box and attempt, at obviously no end, sparing no one in his wake, to save her life.

Will it work, if my suspicion is close? The Baez gave people doubt in the first minute he opened his mouth. Of all the facts that have been shared during the case, we all still really remember his opening statement. The prosecution, if they want to negate that, has to in some fashion acknowledge it and speak up against it...otherwise, it's still there, festering and raising reasonable doubt if the jury follows the letter of the law. So...we'll see....

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I've read that in the prison pecking order people who kill children, especially their own, are considered the lowest of the low. But I guess if she does get the death penalty, she'll be pretty much confined. Too bad the case isn't being tried in Texas...

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
How great was the Chief Medical Examiner today! Love her and her response to the defense's cross.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results