carat
color
clarity

Casey Anthony trial...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Italiahaircolor|1308655581|2950909 said:
In 2008, Casey owed the IRS $68,000 in taxes. She never paid her bill. She's now on the hook for tax evasion. It's actually a little ironic that the girl who never worked owes the IRS so much money. If she gets off for the murder, I doubt she'll get off for the taxes--that seems to never happen.

Thats weird...it seems like the kind of jobs that she did have would have taken taxes out of her paycheck (I guess not enough
though).

I'm just hoping we actaully get to see some of the trial today! I wonder who the next witness is?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1308660401|2950939 said:
Italiahaircolor|1308655581|2950909 said:
In 2008, Casey owed the IRS $68,000 in taxes. She never paid her bill. She's now on the hook for tax evasion. It's actually a little ironic that the girl who never worked owes the IRS so much money. If she gets off for the murder, I doubt she'll get off for the taxes--that seems to never happen.

Thats weird...it seems like the kind of jobs that she did have would have taken taxes out of her paycheck (I guess not enough
though).

I'm just hoping we actaully get to see some of the trial today! I wonder who the next witness is?

The taxes owed is not because of her working. 2008 is the year her daughter disappeared. She didn't work that year (or several before). The taxes are from her selling photos/stories/interviews and from money raised while Caylee was still 'missing' (I think).

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
So, today was chalk full of interesting things...

Going on your gut alone...do you think Casey picked up the drowning/grandfather thing from the girl on her cell block?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a very good possibility, Italia. Too much coincidence there.

How about the purported "mistress" of George? Do you believe she's 1) what she says she is, and 2) telling the truth about what he said? It's a little strange that she used exactly the same expression Baez did in his opening statement: "an accident that snowballed out of control."

Way, way back when this stuff was first starting -- don't remember if Casey had even been charged yet, wasn't there somebody Baez trotted out who turned out to be fake? Someone, I vaguely recall, who made a claim that would have exonerated Casey. Wish I could remember the details. Fishy.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
If Casey did use the story of her fellow prisonmate, then I wonder what she was going to say before she had heard it.

And I forget, why was Casey in jail at this point?

Something about the accidental drowning is still not hitting right with me. Casey could have made up a story about someone kidnapping her child, steals her car, child goes missing, turns up dead in the woods. That is the story you always hear about. That seems more realistic to me than an accidental drowning, and then the body turning up months later in the woods... :confused: That's why I think she used the story of the girl in jail.

And if the mistress is real and says what she says, then that's big points for the defense. If the end up acquitting Casey, I hope there's some kind of charge/penalty for doing what they did to Caylee's body.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1308701504|2951435 said:
I think it's a very good possibility, Italia. Too much coincidence there.

How about the purported "mistress" of George? Do you believe she's 1) what she says she is, and 2) telling the truth about what he said? It's a little strange that she used exactly the same expression Baez did in his opening statement: "an accident that snowballed out of control."

Way, way back when this stuff was first starting -- don't remember if Casey had even been charged yet, wasn't there somebody Baez trotted out who turned out to be fake? Someone, I vaguely recall, who made a claim that would have exonerated Casey. Wish I could remember the details. Fishy.

I agree, the coincidence is chilling. Oh, and lets not forget, this is totally Casey's MO...pull some small fiber of truth, spin a huge lie from it.

As far as this woman...I think there are people who would love nothing more than to have a juicy scoop on this story, a 15 minutes of fame, limelight, bombshell. There are people out there who don't care so much about the reasons behind the case, but just want to have a piece of it for themselves. That, IMO, is this woman.

This woman, if you remember, was involved with the searches for Caylee. That is how she and George met. She probably saw a vulnerable man and a sensational story. It's actually surprising easy to get to know the family members in a case like this. When Stacy Peterson went missing, the team of volunteer searchers wanted permission to search the land behind a building we own that is heavily wooded...of course, we agreed, and actually, my husband, mother and myself helped search the area. We all met Stacy's sister Cassandra that day. My point in relaying this is that the family members are out there, in the trenches, looking and hoping. I don't consider it a stretch to say this woman sought George out. Whether her plan was, all along, to extract information from him...who knows. But I don't think, of all the people he'd confide in, she'd be the chosen one. I think she wishes that were the case, but I don't buy it.

Whether they had an affair is a different story.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Lanie|1308702229|2951444 said:
If Casey did use the story of her fellow prisonmate, then I wonder what she was going to say before she had heard it.

And I forget, why was Casey in jail at this point?

Something about the accidental drowning is still not hitting right with me. Casey could have made up a story about someone kidnapping her child, steals her car, child goes missing, turns up dead in the woods. That is the story you always hear about. That seems more realistic to me than an accidental drowning, and then the body turning up months later in the woods... :confused: That's why I think she used the story of the girl in jail.

And if the mistress is real and says what she says, then that's big points for the defense. If the end up acquitting Casey, I hope there's some kind of charge/penalty for doing what they did to Caylee's body.

Casey was locked up because of bad checks at that point in time, I believe.

I don't think, seriously, that the defense is using only one story to defend this case. I think they have a huge pot of circumstances and what-if's that they are pulling from, depending on who they can get to agree to what at any given time. If they were strictly sticking to the drowning, out of the gate, that's what they would have gone after proving. But they aren't. They are refuting evidence.

The thing is, and this is why the drowning is so circumspect to me, is that if a child dies accidentally in a pool no one is charged. It's an accident. If Casey really, really knew this was not her fault, there is a 0.0% chance that she would willingly sit in jail for 3+ years...and if her father knew anything, she'd be like "Dad, get me out of here!".

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Agree with everything you wrote, Italia. I had the same suspicion about the woman -- some idiots just want to get on tv.

When they raved on In Session about the splash this would make in the trial (those commentators are not the brightest bulbs), they showed a photo of her & maybe-George together. They were sitting in chairs with lots of space between them & looking at the camera -- it did not look intimate at all, could easily have been taken at the search HQ or a coffee shop. It was VERY BLURRY -- looked like George but also a hundred other men. When someone tries to prove a dubious claim, they often come up with indistinct pics -- when with cameras now you cannot take a blurry one. Suspicious in itself.

As grief-stricken & distressed as he was, I strongly doubt he was interested in an affair, especially with somebody who looks like her, messy & unkempt & hardly sexy.

Still can't forget that she used exactly Baez's phrase from his opening statement, word for word. Too much.

--- Laurie

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
You don't like the In Session commentators? I LOVE them. They dumb it all down for me!!

That woman looked like 5 miles of hard road hung out to dry...she certainly doesn't strike me as the type of woman who would be someones safe harbor in the middle of all of this. She looks like she's a big mess, all on her own with no help from anyone else. Definitely the type inject herself into the story because she could stand to make some money on the other end, or get her face in front of the camera's. And maybe George did find her to be a nice, kind woman who was willing to help him and he felt like he needed someone to just be nice and listen--Cindy is kind of a bulldozer, she was probably very invested elsewhere. Maybe she was his friend and maybe she wanted it to be more, maybe he rejected her advances and she got angry. I just have a really, really hard time believing anything the defense says, and I think that they would love something this juicy--but it's to convenient.

I bet she watched the opening statements and grabbed Baez's words thinking that would give her claims credence and I bet Baez has spent time coaching her on credibility. It doesn't shock me that it's word for word...it's rehearsed.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Maybe she was his friend and maybe she wanted it to be more, maybe he rejected her advances and she got angry.
Most likely not even that -- when you're in a terribly unhappy situation like George's, you need to talk, sometimes just ramble, verbalize. He may have had as little as a 15-minute conversation with her. I'll bet a million dollars he said nothing she reported. Can imagine him shaking his head, "how could this happen? It must have been an accident." Maybe he never spoke with her at all except superficially during the search for Caylee. She could have overheard something like that. It would not surprise me at all if she's been "helped" by Baez. WISH I could remember the person at the beginning who turned out to be a faker.

Money at the end of it, you bet!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
BOMBSHELL...

One of the analysts a few minutes ago mentioned that this woman has a sworn FBI statement saying she did not have an affair with George Anthony...but, then she turned around and sold the story of an affair to the National Inquirer.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ahahahaha!!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what she calls herself? River Cruise (or Cruz or whatever)...

This is someone looking for 15 minutes of fame. She's not only failed a lie detector, but her reason for lying to the FBI was that she didn't want to get George in trouble, but sold the story so the truth could come out! :rolleyes: = me. The FBI doesn't care who George slept with...they only wanted the truth. She only wanted the $$$$...if the FBI broke the story, she'd be out of the shock-and-awe cash.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Italia, JF and everyone, thanks for keeping this thread going. I don't have the wherewithal to watch these clowns every day.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
BREAKING NEWS...

Cindy and George's lawyer spoke with a correspondent from CNN on the "Crime and Punishment" show...and this is the direct quote, from what I've found on the internet...

"They do not believe Casey is innocent and they do not want to see her get the death penalty"

Wow. W.O.W.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! Grounds for new trial on appeal right there! There's a gag order in place, no? Any lawyers here who can weigh in?

Part of a news item last night -- I only heard the end of it -- said something about this "mistress" of George's having a note from him saying, "I think of you so much. I need you in my life." Did I hear it wrong?

--- Laurie

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1308829226|2952760 said:
Holy crap! Grounds for new trial on appeal right there! There's a gag order in place, no? Any lawyers here who can weigh in?

Part of a news item last night -- I only heard the end of it -- said something about this "mistress" of George's having a note from him saying, "I think of you so much. I need you in my life." Did I hear it wrong?

--- Laurie

I believe it was text message saying that. And I don't know what to make of that. They are putting her on the stand. She's been at the courthouse and in the holding area for a few days now....

The Anthony's have been talking...they denied, via their lawyer, that George molested Casey earlier on. Don't know legally what ramifications, if any, this will have.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! I'm watching yet another day of mind numbingly boring scientific testimony today and am ready to stick a fork in my eye!! And I'm a science guru. I understand what they're talking about, and I still have totally tuned out. :errrr: I don't know how the defense thinks this can exonorate Casey?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I bet the jury feels the same way. Especially when it comes to stuff they can't understand...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God, pick me up off the floor! :o .

I need to process this, but, my gut is telling me this is how they are trying to save Casey's life.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
What do you mean Italia? Do you think Cindy is lying about the internet searches? She just testified that she searched for Chlorophyll and chloroform, bc she was scared the dogs had gotten into it. Why would anyone have chloroform lying around in their house? I want to search it on google, but I'm scared. Ha!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
OK I looked it up. FOR THE RECORD, I LOOKED IT UP BC OF THIS TRAINWRECK OF A COURT CASE THAT I'M UNHEALTHFULLY OBSESSED WITH.

From CNN:

Cindy Anthony said she conducted the searches because she was trying to figure out what was making one of her Yorkie dogs "extremely tired all the time." Both the dogs ate bamboo plants in the backyard, she testified, so she started searching for chlorophyll.

A bacteria associated with chlorophyll production comes from different plants, she said, and some species of algae and seaweed produce natural chloroform, so the search led her from chlorophyll to chloroform.

This is sick. I think Cindy's lying.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!

I'm eagerly waiting to hear what the computer experts have to say. I would have been objecting all over the place when Cindy started saying that chlorphyll can be turned into chloroform. Not an expert! And she wouldn't answer any question directly. Did that bother anyone else? I can also see one of her supervisors or someone from her place of employment to be called to refute her statement about "maybe" not being at work. :confused:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
chlorophyll and chloroform both have carbon atoms.
diamonds do too
um,
so does my dog

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a crock. This story sounds like she made it up last night. Ok, your dogs are tired. Tired? :roll: Not sick, not refusing to go for walks, not off their food, no diarrhea, the li'l darlin's are tired. Do you take them to the vet (as I would mine)? No, you look up chlorophyll. They've eaten those leaves, if they really did, for years. Of ALL the causes for "tiredness" in a household, would you pick on bamboo in the yard?

I just did a Google search for chlorophyll. Using the FIND function, looked for any mention of chloroform in the articles listed on the 1st results page. NONE. Not one single time.

Can't wait to see Ashton go after this. Yes, the work supervisor, clarify about the time sheets, etc. From what I've seen of the prosecution, Cindy is in for some rough days. Perjury charge?

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Do you think they could put more ads in the tv broadcast of this trial? Gosh, five whole minutes go by ad-free; couldn't they fix that?

All computer-timed so they come in the middle of someone's sentence. I can see the big denouement now: Casey's on the stand. Suddenly she says, "I had a roll of duct tape and a paper towel with chloroform. Then I held Caylee and WILL SWITCHING TO GEICO REALLY SAVE YOU MONEY?

So annoying I turned off the tube on the computer expert. Enough!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha Jewel Freak! Very interesting point about running off to search bamboo leaves bc your dog is tired. I am not an internet expert, but I think popups don't show up on your search unless you click on them. So I think it's highly unlikely that some skateboarding "neck breaking feat" popped up and she clicked on it. Or if she did, I bet they would be able to see that it was, in fact, an ad.

I bet Cindy is thinking that she lost her granddaughter, she doesn't want to lose her daughter as well. She's hoping she doesn't get the death penalty, so she's laying on the sword for her. A mother loves her child unconditionally, no matter what they do. I don't really feel sorry for Cindy, don't get me wrong. I think they are a very disfunctional group of liers.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1308860990|2953216 said:
chlorophyll and chloroform both have carbon atoms.
diamonds do too
um,
so does my dog

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!!! If your dogs are eating bamboo you search on bamboo or plants toxic to animals, duh!
I think she made this up to save Casey. I think Cindy is full of you know what. If I was the prosecutor I would be so pi$$ed.

I wish they had video from her work showing she is lying but I guess those wouldnt be around anymore if they had them to
start with.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
That's it. She's not being truthful, she's trying to save her daughter. If she can take the premeditation off the table--which we all agreed was the searches--then 1st degree murder isn't a reasonable choice for the jury. She doesn't want her daughter to die, she'll lie to save her life.

Makes me sick.

Where is the loyalty to Caylee? Whose looking out for her? If Casey killed her, which I believe she did, then Casey needs to face the consequences of that same as anyone else would. Cindy has spent her life covering for Casey, and look where it got them? You'd think if something was broken, you'd fix it. Obviously Cindy's methodology of motherhood is broken...so FIX IT. Stop taking the heavy off of Casey for ****'s sake and let her face what she has done, if for nothing other than the memory of Caylee. I get the whole "we don't want to lose our daughter" --got it, crystal clear-- but really, there is a time and place, and this is neither. If Casey get's off, if she walks out of the court house a free woman, where is the lesson? She's a monster, let her pay for what she has done.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Cindy lied on her timesheets. Her former employer must be hot under the collar when she said that all of the employees do that, in front of thousands (millions?) of viewers.

Someone else said it, but I wonder if Cindy will be charged with perjury? Or if it will be dismissed since she was under some kind of medication, and her memory is better now than it was when she first gave her deposition. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results