shape
carat
color
clarity

Casey Anthony trial...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1309343131|2957797 said:
Given the indescribable cruelty of Caylee's death -- premeditated or not -- it's unlikely Judge Perry would give her concurrent sentences. He might combine some but I'll bet the rent he makes sure she stays in prison most of the rest of her life. In Florida the jury recommends a sentence; the judge has discretion to accept it (which they usually do) or reduce it -- he can't raise it, such as giving death if the jury says life in prison. Perry is no fool -- in fact, I'm looking forward to the sentencing. She's bound to be convicted of something, at the least -- and I want to hear what Perry has to say to her. Bet it will be priceless.

This.

I just find her very cold, and I honestly feel like there is something psychologically...or emotionally lacking in people that are cold like that. Whether it was pre-meditated or not, the fact that she was out partying while her child was missing..... :errrr:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
FL Steph|1309359030|2957967 said:
I apologize ahead of time because I haven't had a chance to go back and read the last few pages...I just have a few minutes, but does anyone else get a really weird feeling about Lee Anthony? I am starting to believe that he actually did molest Casey. And are we positive he is not really the father? I know it's a stretch, but even her name Caylee...part Casey, part Lee. Hmm. Makes you wonder. And that would not give Casey an excuse to do what she did, but it would explain why she's so freaking messed up in the head.

They did a paternity test on him and he was ruled out as the father.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
FL Steph|1309359030|2957967 said:
I apologize ahead of time because I haven't had a chance to go back and read the last few pages...I just have a few minutes, but does anyone else get a really weird feeling about Lee Anthony? I am starting to believe that he actually did molest Casey. And are we positive he is not really the father? I know it's a stretch, but even her name Caylee...part Casey, part Lee. Hmm. Makes you wonder. And that would not give Casey an excuse to do what she did, but it would explain why she's so freaking messed up in the head.

Yes, we know Lee is not Caylee's father for certain, no room for any chance.

Lee strikes me as someone who has no idea how to get away from this madness. If he molested Casey, it certainly didn't ruin their relationship, her Myspace page was riddled with photos of Lee and Casey together, captions like "Best Brother Ever" were included around many of the pictures. So either she lied then or she lied now. Who knows.

But, yes, Lee seems very...lost...I'll always remember what he said at the memorial service for Caylee the whole "CMA" thing...creeptastic.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
What CMA thing?

This rambling grief counselor is on the verge of me sticking a fork in my eye. She's been up for 10 minutes and hasn't gotten anywhere besides herself.

Who thinks Casey will take the stand? I do. I have no other basis for it, just selfishly want to see her up there.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
This is transcribed from the Caylee Marie Anthony Memorial Service held on Tuesday. It is Lee's speech.

Lee Anthony steps up to the microphone and begins:

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has had any sort of role in making today a special day. Thank you.

If I could ask something from anybody that was willing to hear it it would be this. For those of us that are frightened or angry or mournful or that just don't undertstand, I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace and you allow yourself to yield any judgements that you may already have.

For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you feel, fill your heart with hope and forgiveness and you allow yourself to cope and heal.

Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say.

I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take. If it's closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it.

Today is the day to remember.
Today is the day to pay tribute.
Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity and strength. I've gotta tell you, it is hard to stand up here and be the pillar of strength.

This family is united, but this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I, uh, I'm broken.

CMA-(he kisses his wrist bracelet 2 times) CMA
Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it should be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak.
It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me.

CMA- I miss you. I love you.

CMA- I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you.

I will never forget.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Lee was REALLY CREEPY at the memorial...but I thought they ALL were and honestly, I thought it was tasteless and over the top. And I have to admit I did for a while wonder if he was, indeed, Caylees father.

I wonder if at the VERY LAST minute, while the jury is out deliberating, she will accept a plea for 2nd or voluntary. Or do you think the state is so confident any offer is now off the table?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
There was no molestation. I'd bet my life on it. Casey is a big liar & whips out wild stories to wiggle from underneath every mess she gets herself into. I got the impression that Lee is not a verbal type, uneasy expressing his feelings out loud & doesn't know how to, so it comes out awkwardly. He showed pretty genuine anger & resentment on the stand toward the family -- whether the reasons he gave for that are the real ones, who knows.

Can't think when I've ever been more disgusted than by Baez's torture of George today. Excruciating. He ripped that guy's heart & never proved a single thing for it. I absolutely gawped at how he objected to the admission of George's suicide note -- too bad the jury was out & didn't hear him: "Just because he drank some beer & took a bunch of blood pressure pills, he gets a chance in the note [if it's admitted] to say, 'I'm innocent! I'm innocent!'"" Of what? Baez hasn't provided one molecule of evidence against him. What a dismal excuse for a human being. He & Casey deserve each other -- did anyone notice her look of annoyance & contempt while her father was melting on the stand? Again, I hope the jury noticed.

Sickening bunch. Wish I didn't feel so compelled to watch it! :evil:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1309391178|2958473 said:
There was no molestation. I'd bet my life on it. Casey is a big liar & whips out wild stories to wiggle from underneath every mess she gets herself into. I got the impression that Lee is not a verbal type, uneasy expressing his feelings out loud & doesn't know how to, so it comes out awkwardly. He showed pretty genuine anger & resentment on the stand toward the family -- whether the reasons he gave for that are the real ones, who knows.

Can't think when I've ever been more disgusted than by Baez's torture of George today. Excruciating. He ripped that guy's heart & never proved a single thing for it. I absolutely gawped at how he objected to the admission of George's suicide note -- too bad the jury was out & didn't hear him: "Just because he drank some beer & took a bunch of blood pressure pills, he gets a chance in the note [if it's admitted] to say, 'I'm innocent! I'm innocent!'"" Of what? Baez hasn't provided one molecule of evidence against him. What a dismal excuse for a human being. He & Casey deserve each other -- did anyone notice her look of annoyance & contempt while her father was melting on the stand? Again, I hope the jury noticed.

Sickening bunch. Wish I didn't feel so compelled to watch it! :evil:

Oh man, I'm glad I missed it. I caught the last bit of George on the stand and began to weep when he said he just need to get thru it. IMO Baez is a P.O.S. And I am having really sick feelings about what kind of attorney client conferences he and Casey are having. And the woman attorney who sits by Casey--doesn't she bear a resemblance to Cindy?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baez is a weazel...he wanted to let the jury know that George tried to kill himself and let them think that it was over
being involved in the cover-up. He didnt want the suicide letter to come in because it showed that George had no idea
what happened to Caylee. Baez is just a sleeze! The more Baez opens his mouth it seems like the more he hurts Casey's
case ( not that I'm bothered by that :bigsmile: ).

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
So today, I watched part of yesterday's testimony. I know...I know...I need to catch up! Anyways, there was a guy who I think was named Jordan Casey. He pleaded the fifth when was asked about the search of the area where Caylee was found. Anyways, they were saying that he taped the defense questioning him which is illegal to do. But he gave the tape over to law enforcement. CNN didn't know if he did that because there was something on it that the defense said that could incriminate Casey Anthony or not. I thought that was interesting.

I also saw Cindy get up and say that she never told anyone that the area had been searched by the two private investigators , then Lee got up and said that his mom did in fact talk to him about it and they got into a fight over it. One of them is lying... And then all three of them go and sit together in the back of court.

I just don't get what is going thru each of their heads. I don't think any of them want her to get the death penalty, but I feel that Lee and George are NOT going to lie to get her off because they know she killed Caylee and deserves punishment. But I think Cindy is going to LIE LIE LIE now and she is going to get herself into trouble for her disgusting daughter.

I'm going to try to catch up tonight....

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I'm watching the replay of George's testimony today...and I have to say, my heart absolutely breaks for him. I know they aren't perfect people, no doubt they've made mistakes, but seriously, this boarding on pure evil. To pull George and Cindy through the fire to save a cold blooded killer blows my mind. If I were on the jury, that would be my take on things. Forget what the experts have said, most of that is over my head anyway, I just have to look at this family to know who is coming from a place of truth, and who is not. What George has shown that Casey hasn't, is the raw emotion that comes with full disclosure, the pain of acknowledging ones mistakes and taking onus of them. Casey can rub the s*** out of her eyes all day, I don't care, she has no remorse only regret...for getting caught, that is.

I believe George tried to kill himself because he was heartbroken, because his granddaughter was dead and he KNEW his daughter had a hand in it. What an awful position to be in. What an awful reality to live through. Baez put him through hell for NOTHING today. And it only stands to make me hate Casey more because she is a willing participant in this...Baez is speaking for her...she could, at any point, say "enough, they've been through enough,fight for my life with dignity not this dog and pony show BS"...but she doesn't. She sits there pretending to be a victim, while the irony is, she's the perpetrator. She's victimizing her whole family, killing again, every single day, she's just doing it with words this time instead of duct tape.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Anyone heard about this woman coming out saying her dead son (Michael Dugan) could very well be the father of Caylee?

I'm calling BS.

First of all, she says all of this is coming back to her now--in June--since she started following the case. She's saying that she and her son had a single conversation about his "girlfriend" Casey (her parents George and Cindy were also mentioned, as well as George's job) who was pregnant with a girl, his daughter...but that she never spoke to him about it again. She'd forgotten about it until she started researching Caylee.

Yeah...okay. What mother one, forgets her son says his girlfriend is pregnant until four years later and two, doesn't make a point of getting all the information on the pregnancy, girl...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Italia, it's stunning the number of slugs coming out from under rocks to get in the spotlight in this case! I cannot believe the creeps there are! That weirdo who says George had an affair w/her is on the list to testify -- probably tomorrow if they call her. Baez has 3 more witnesses listed.

But AHA! then the rebuttal case. I CAN'T wait to see that! Ashton will mop the floor with Baez & his nasty witnesses.

I read something -- never know in this case what is true & what not -- saying that the jail personnel had to go in several times when Baez was conferring w/Casey to stop him from hugging her. (It is totally unethical for an atty to touch a client, and it's forbidden in jail conference rooms so contraband can't be passed. Of course Baez knows that well.) One time their faces were "very close together," from whoever the source was & somebody separated them. It also said while she was on bail Casey spent 6 hrs every day including Saturday with Baez in his office. Normally I wouldn't repeat crud I'm not sure of -- but this stuff sounds like both of them. I need a shower!

Hard to picture that George Anthony will ever recover from this. That testimony today broke my heart for him. I hope (and doubt) he'll get the support he needs from Cindy in coming years. Honestly think he's destroyed. Poor man.

--- laurie

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
It really makes me sick. It's in all the the scumbags that come forward to take a piece of this for themselves that Caylee is lost. Every minute an expert spends dignifying all the nonsensical BS is one minute more that the point gets pushed aside. The point is that a little girl lost her life...who cares who George did or did not sleep with, who cares if this guy was Caylee's father--I understand the importance, but timing is everything, this woman and claims can do nothing but muck up the issue right now, handle the DNA when the case is over with, do it quietly and if it turns out that, yes, Caylee is her grandchild, mourn the loss. It just all sits very wrong with me, this shouldn't be a chance for someone to get 15 minutes of fame...it really shouldn't.

If Baez puts this River Cruise lady on the stand, he'll be the laughing stock of the legal community. She'll perjure herself from jump street, the minute she opens her mouth. In her sworn deposition with the FBI she denied the affair. I believe that was truth all along, nothing happened between them. I think she didn't get as much attention as she wanted and is still angling for something more lucrative to come her way. It's the definition of shady, and for Baez to even so much at entertain her makes him not only stupid, but really really really stupid. Ashton will rip her to shreds, so whatever.

The thought of Baez and Casey doing anything remotely sexual makes me want to drink bleach. Seriously. It's so disgusting, so gross, so backwards. Blah. But, that's not to say that they didn't. Baez screams sleazy, everything about him is repulsive to me. He's really not by the book, and I hope JP follows through on his threats and does throw him at the mercy of the bar.

As far as George Anthony goes...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do not think he'll outlive this trial by long.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope he realizes that public opinion is squarely on his side and that no one really, truly believes the lies that were told about him. But, sadly, he strikes me as the type of man who isn't strong enough to survive that sort of public humiliation unscathed. I fear that if Casey is convicted, Cindy will blame him for not "covering for her"...whether she deliberately does that or subconsciously does that, she strikes me as the type of person who would punish him for telling the truth at the expense of their daughter. George has been reading the bible in court every day, and I think he's looking for peace...I'm afraid he won't find it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I fear that if Casey is convicted, Cindy will blame him for not "covering for her"...whether she deliberately does that or subconsciously does that, she strikes me as the type of person who would punish him for telling the truth at the expense of their daughter.
Perceptive as usual, Italia. I thought the same. People who make blanket statements about somone they've never met & see only on tv under the most extreme emotional stress usually annoy hell out of me. However, in Cindy Anthony's case it's hard not to draw conclusions based on her behavior on the stand & knowing how she railroaded Casey into keeping a baby she did not want. (To Cindy I don't believe Caylee was ever "Casey's child," but "MY grandchild.") George is not likely to get any support from her in healing from this horror. Quite the opposite; she, imho, will make him pay for facing a truth she refuses to accept.

I suspect George is far more humiliated by having his heart & struggles w/grief exposed in public than by any idiot accusations from a disgusting lawyer. He strikes me as a self-contained guy, which his cop training added to a genetic character trait. Being beaten down to where he let it all hang out must be profound agony for him. I agree he won't last long -- either through stress-induced vulnerability to illness or by finishing the job he tried to do earlier. For that he can thank his daughter & her so-called lawyer.

--- Laurie

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The prosecution just made the leap...attempted burial in the back yard....the family "tradition".

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1309440008|2958961 said:
I fear that if Casey is convicted, Cindy will blame him for not "covering for her"...whether she deliberately does that or subconsciously does that, she strikes me as the type of person who would punish him for telling the truth at the expense of their daughter.
Perceptive as usual, Italia. I thought the same. People who make blanket statements about somone they've never met & see only on tv under the most extreme emotional stress usually annoy hell out of me. However, in Cindy Anthony's case it's hard not to draw conclusions based on her behavior on the stand & knowing how she railroaded Casey into keeping a baby she did not want. (To Cindy I don't believe Caylee was ever "Casey's child," but "MY grandchild.") George is not likely to get any support from her in healing from this horror. Quite the opposite; she, imho, will make him pay for facing a truth she refuses to accept.

I suspect George is far more humiliated by having his heart & struggles w/grief exposed in public than by any idiot accusations from a disgusting lawyer. He strikes me as a self-contained guy, which his cop training added to a genetic character trait. Being beaten down to where he let it all hang out must be profound agony for him. I agree he won't last long -- either through stress-induced vulnerability to illness or by finishing the job he tried to do earlier. For that he can thank his daughter & her so-called lawyer.

--- Laurie

Excellent points JewelFreak and Laurie. I can't help think {and maybe hope] that they will divorce after the trial. Cindy will make his life HELL. He will get no support from her, imo she's a narcissist just like her daughter. It won't be CASEY'S fault she's in jail, it will be HIS. Better she should go out on his own and find a group of people who can support him. He's going to need it.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Casey declined to testify. Defense's case is over. Prosecution will start rebuttal this afternoon. I hope it's quick!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
There is that selfish part of me that really wanted to see her on the stand, but it's absolutely for the best that she didn't.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Can the prosecution still call her?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Italiahaircolor|1309460133|2959278 said:
There is that selfish part of me that really wanted to see her on the stand, but it's absolutely for the best that she didn't.

I think it is in her best interest, but I think a day of watching her on the stand would have had a huge impact on the jury. She can hide behind her tissues when she's just sitting there. On the stand, she'd be forced to actually show her face. The facial expressions, posture, and (most importantly) getting caught in huge piles of lies is something she couldn't just sniff and have forgotten.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1309460933|2959286 said:
Can the prosecution still call her?

No :(sad

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think it's telling that she declined to testify. I think she's so guilty and I hope she gets convicted.

I'm really enjoying watching the trial and reading the commentaries here too. I'll be a bit sad when it's all over... :wink2:

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1309461094|2959290 said:
Italiahaircolor|1309460133|2959278 said:

I think it is in her best interest, but I think a day of watching her on the stand would have had a huge impact on the jury. She can hide behind her tissues when she's just sitting there. On the stand, she'd be forced to actually show her face. The facial expressions, posture, and (most importantly) getting caught in huge piles of lies is something she couldn't just sniff and have forgotten.

I would have loved every minute of her testimony. LOVED. IT. I seriously hoped she was egotistical enough to put herself on the stand, I wanted to watch her crash and burn. I really, really, really wanted that...for myself, for Nancy Grace, for every journalist whose going to write a book on this, for all of you...I feel sort of robbed, like I was short changed :(sad .

It's hard to believe this is all almost over....wow...time flies.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure the jurors must be thrilled to have the trial finally starting to come to an end.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, this trial really is a circus. A spectator in the court (a server at a TGIFridays restaurant) gave prosecutor Ashton the finger (flipped him off) and is now getting raked over the coals by the judge. Might be held in contempt of court.

ETA: Ooh, guilty of contempt of court, sentenced to 6 days in jail, fined $400 plus court costs (total financial cost is $623), handcuffed and taken out of the courtroom.

This doesn't bode well for Casey if she is found guilty.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this flipper-offer. Why did he flip Ashton off? Does he have any personal relation to Casey, or just being a turd?

I, too, am sad she didn't take the stand. I feel short-changed. But hopefully little Caylee won't be short-changed with a lenient sentence.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'll be gobsmacked if she gets a lenient sentence. It's almost out of the realm of reality. One of the charges is aggravated child abuse, a felony -- that alone must carry a lotta time. I think Ashton tomorrow will destroy Cindy's bull about looking up chloroform -- he has her work & work computer records. He wouldn't put someone from her job on the stand unless there were emails she wrote at work when she said she was home, etc. I'm sure looking forward to it -- have a hairdresser appt in the a.m., rats! DVR.

So she's charged with either 1st degree, premeditated (intentional) murder, and/or Felony murder (murder that happens while the person is committing another felony -- in this case, the child abuse). So even if the jury finds that she didn't mean to kill Caylee, instead drugged her so she could go party & she died accidentally, it's still 1st degree felony murder. Either verdict can take the death penalty.

I don't think she'll be sentenced to death. It's very rare in cases of family killings. Most likely life in prison. Wonder if they have hot-body contests there? :twisted:

--- Laurie

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
That stupid schmuck from TGIFridays...what a loser. I think he had a whooping $12.00 in his bank account, yet somehow, he thinks it's reasonable to go midweek to a trial? And then, when he's at the trial, to flip off the DA? Are you kidding me? That's a giant WTF. Listen, buddy, when you have 12 bucks to your name, maybe you should consider picking an extra shift instead of coming to make trouble for people who are actually like, I don't know, working!!!! I bet he's got the hots for Casey Anthony and wanted to get her attention by making a splash on her behalf.

Okay, so this River Cruise is on Vinny Politan's show right now. She's talking about doing this stare down with Cindy Anthony as she was leaving court...and I'm sitting here watching this, thinking you stupid b****. How about compassion? How about respect? How about not being a deadbeat home-wrecker with an axe to grind. That, right there, said it all. She's a woman scorned. Oh, and my LOL moment of day was when she said she "trusts" the National Inquirer for her truthful news. She's a smart one!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
No, I know she won't get a lenient sentence in terms of the law. But for her, anything less than life plus 60 years is lenient in my opinion.

I missed the Holloway interview. My first clue to her integrity was that she goes by the alias "Rivers Cruise". I can't believe the defense didn't end with a bang. They seemed to time their "jawdroppers" before breaks and lunches, so I was expecting something big. Casey still seemed so confident today. Like she's just hanging out in the court room on a regular Thursday, with her honey Jose Baez by her side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results