shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier...You''ll never believe it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Blondie! What an interesting story! Who''d a thunk it??

Do come back and post pics when your masterpiece arrives

Congratulations!

widget

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Blondie, that''s quite a story! Unbelievable - what a deal! Did you ask Cartier about it? I''d be curious to know if their business model wrt e-rings is changing or what.

I would imagine you don''t want to say anything though in case they made a pricing error and you''re the lucky one to benefit!
2.gif

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the PS Forum!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Blondie, I''m so glad you were able to get exactly what you wanted and at a great price to boot. You proved that good research does pay off. please come back and post pics of your ring. I know it will be fabulous.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
By the way, just curious, which Cartier was this?

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
g

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2007 12:41:41 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Yay Blondie, I''m so glad you were able to get exactly what you wanted and at a great price to boot. You proved that good research does pay off. please come back and post pics of your ring. I know it will be fabulous.
HI:

My sentiments exactly. Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope WF will comment (if they are able to, of course).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a wonderful story! I''d like to try that out myself!!! Congratulations!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That IS a great story, how exciting, can''t wait to see it!!! Yay for you Blondie!!!!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 12:58:58 PM
Author: Harriet
Why?

Why would the price of one engagement ring from Cartier be any of their concern. Whiteflash sets *their own* prices and individual Cartier stores are able to do the same.

It''s important to note that Whiteflash doesn''t claim to be *the best deal* in every circumstance ... they make their prices public & with the environment here, it''s easy to compare "online" prices at least.

That''s what''s so GREAT about a forum like this ... it gives INDIVIDUALS all the tools they need to go out into the marketplace and get the best deal THEY can find.
2.gif
Sometimes hitting the streets *in person* pays off!
1.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Really hard to believe...., but enjoy it!!!
tell you the truth..., its sounds as someone in Cartier made a big BOO-BOO!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is surprising, but in an oh so nice way. Congrats, I bet you are just giddy!

Please post pics, and welcome!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Your story is beaming with excitement!!! I’m so happy for you – Congrats!!! Please post some hand shots when you receive your beauty!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 2:00:51 PM
Author: decodelighted

Why?

Why would the price of one engagement ring from Cartier be any of their concern. Whiteflash sets *their own* prices and individual Cartier stores are able to do the same.

It's important to note that Whiteflash doesn't claim to be *the best deal* in every circumstance ... they make their prices public & with the environment here, it's easy to compare 'online' prices at least.

That's what's so GREAT about a forum like this ... it gives INDIVIDUALS all the tools they need to go out into the marketplace and get the best deal THEY can find.
2.gif
1.gif
First of all, congratulations to Blondie.

I don't mean that WF should address the issue of price-matching. I mean that they should expain the uniqueness of their ACAs, and how that might necessitate a premium (this is assuming that forum rules permit them to do so). I'd love a branded ring too, but the ACA cut is truly beautiful and I'm happy to pay a premium for it.

Btw, cute doggy.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m amazed and thrilled for you!! My experiences at tiffany''s have always been really overpriced, but it seems cartier was almost spot on for a branded stone and setting, awesome!!! I wonder if this is a sign of changing times, cartier made a mistake, or WF''s branded stones sell at a premium?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2007 2:07:07 PM
Author: DiaGem
Really hard to believe...., but enjoy it!!!
tell you the truth..., its sounds as someone in Cartier made a big BOO-BOO!!!
This is the best explanation I can imagine. DiaGem would know.

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
^^
Thanks so much for posting this price info Blondie23!
I will make sure to visit my local Cartier store this week to see if they can offer similar prices for the same quality. I think the 1895 solitaire setting is timeless and very beautiful. Congrats and enjoy your beautiful purchase! Please post pics with hand shots when you receive your ring
31.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you are getting a fine deal out of Cartier. They do many beautiful designs and it''s a great feeling to have a ring from them.

I think the price is pretty good, and maybe I am getting confused about the stone + setting pricing. You can get a similar G, 1.5ish diamond for quite a lot less, like this, for example:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00137325&filter_id=0

Of course, that would not include the type of setting you are getting, so maybe that is the difference.

Anyhow, it is fabulous to own something from Cartier and you''ll treasure it. Look forward to seeing the photos!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 2:45:06 PM
Date: 1/28/2007 2:00:51 PM

Author: decodelighted

Why?

It''s important to note that Whiteflash doesn''t claim to be *the best deal* in every circumstance ... they make their prices public & with the environment here, it''s easy to compare ''online'' prices at least.

That''s what''s so GREAT about a forum like this ... it gives INDIVIDUALS all the tools they need to go out into the marketplace and get the best deal THEY can find.
2.gif
1.gif
First of all, congratulations to Blondie.

I don''t mean that WF should address the issue of price-matching. I mean that they should expain the uniqueness of their ACAs, and how that might necessitate a premium (this is assuming that forum rules permit them to do so). I''d love a branded ring too, but the ACA cut is truly beautiful and I''m happy to pay a premium for it.

Btw, cute doggy.

I think WF''s ACA''s are fairly represented here. Some find them worth the premium, others like the close ACA''s of the expert selection, others are just happy with finding a stone that is beautiful to them, others like the whole package of stone and setting. I am very familiar with WF''s ACA''s and they are stunning, but my non-branded AGS stone is just as pretty to me
1.gif
I agree with deco that this is what is so great about this site, if gives individuals the tools to educate themselves and find what is a priority to them.
36.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It could be that the price differential rises exponentially according to size. Thanks to you, I know where to look for a non-RB.
1.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/28/2007 3:11:20 PM
Author: blondie23
Thanks everyone for the replies. After reading everyone''s posts, I never really thought that Cartier made a mistake, but that is definitely a possibility. SO, out of curiousity, I decided to call the Vegas and Denver Cartier and act like I was interested in buying and this is what they told me:

Denver:

1.52 ct, RB, ideal cut, G, VS2 for $17,265

1.53 ct, RB, ideal cut, H, VS1 for $17,200

Vegas:

1.49 ct, RB, ideal cut, H, VS2 for $17,000
1.51 ct, RB, ideal cut, G, VS2 for $17,600

So, maybe Cartier is changing its prices because these are all pretty consistent.

Either way, I''m stoked!!!
They actually quoted you these pricess over a phonecall??? that IS strange...

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
They sure did!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2007 3:11:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. After reading everyone''s posts, I never really thought that Cartier made a mistake, but that is definitely a possibility. SO, out of curiousity, I decided to call the Vegas and Denver Cartier and act like I was interested in buying and this is what they told me:

Denver:

1.52 ct, RB, ideal cut, G, VS2 for $17,265

1.53 ct, RB, ideal cut, H, VS1 for $17,200

Vegas:

1.49 ct, RB, ideal cut, H, VS2 for $17,000
1.51 ct, RB, ideal cut, G, VS2 for $17,600

So, maybe Cartier is changing its prices because these are all pretty consistent.

Either way, I''m stoked!!!
The only thing I can think of is that once they price and item, maybe it stays that way until sold. Because in those prices above, the H stones'' prices are too close to the G prices. A 1.49 H VS2 should be a good bit less than a 1.53 H VS1. And the G stones should be more than $200 more than the H''s.

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
you all would know more than I do. I have no idea how diamond pricing works, but I am super excited!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 3:42:46 PM
I have no idea how diamond pricing works, but I am super excited!

and you should be. I just love that cartier setting and to have the real deal would be worth any premium to me. and it looks like you got a great stone to go with it, the great price being icing on the cake
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results