shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier...You''ll never believe it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in, Blondie! I''m sorry that posting here has caused you any grief.

It sounds like it''s all worked out now, and GOOD FOR CARTIER to honoring their original quote! Obviously a first class operation.
36.gif

Hope all goes smoothly now, with no more confusion.

Can''t wait for pictures of your treasure!
widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
weird that apricot got the same information when she called the other stores.
33.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 5:38:04 PM
Author: widget
Thanks for checking in, Blondie! I''m sorry that posting here has caused you any grief.

It sounds like it''s all worked out now, and GOOD FOR CARTIER to honoring their original quote! Obviously a first class operation.
36.gif

Can''t wait for pictures of your treasure!

widget

Seriously,........... Just the phone calls we know about posted here. Think of how many Lurkers there are that possibly picked up their phones and dialed too.

The Cartier people were probably just a little bit freaked out.
23.gif

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 5:45:24 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland

Thanks for checking in, Blondie! I'm sorry that posting here has caused you any grief.

It sounds like it's all worked out now, and GOOD FOR CARTIER to honoring their original quote! Obviously a first class operation.
36.gif

Can't wait for pictures of your treasure!

widget

Seriously,........... Just the phone calls we know about posted here. Think of how many Lurkers there are that possibly picked up their phones and dialed too.

The Cartier people were probably just a little bit freaked out.
23.gif

LOL. Seriously. They probably thought this was some kind of practical joke..."Quick, everybody call Cartier and ask if a 1.5 G, VS1 in an 1895 setting is really $17k!"
2.gif

But, the IMPORTANT THING HERE is that YOU are getting a CARTIER 1.5 G, VS1 in an 1895 setting for $17k!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 5:28:26 PM
Author: blondie23
First I want to say I am sorry about me removing my posts. These last couple days have been a rollercoaster and I felt it best to just take it down. Apparently the price I was quoted was for a 1.49ct, ideal, H, VS2 and not a G, VS1 1.54. It came to their attention when they ''had an increase in phone calls regarding stones in the 1.5ct range.'' Anyway, to make a reallllllly long story short, they decided to give me the 1.54ct stone at the price that was quoted to us because it was their fault. This became such a mess that our issue went all the way to Paris, but it is finally resolved (I hope). Anyway, I should get my ring in 4 weeks, pending no more fiascos.

And for all out there who want to know, a 1.5ct, G, VS1 wil run you about $24k not 17K....sad.
I''m still upset about it and plan to deal with the situation once I get my ring!
Oh Blondie darling, don''t be upset! At the end of the day, you are getting the deal of the century on one of the most gorgeous rings out there!
36.gif

I feel for you because I can just imagine what happened with the store. I''m sure they are still making money, so no one loses - don''t worry. I know you probably feel upset, but keep your chin up, kiddo! It will wind up being a very nice experience when you go to pick up the ring and get that glorious little red box. Promise!
16.gif

We are all really happy to hear from you! Thanks for filling us in and if you need to vent, we are here for you.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 5:41:10 PM
Author: belle
weird that apricot got the same information when she called the other stores.
33.gif
Yes....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well yay for you Blondie, that''s awesome!!! Can''t wait to see the pics!!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Blonide, you are one lucky girl to get that ring for that price! It''s too bad it''s a one time deal, but we are sincerely happy for you to get it!!!

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone!!!! That makes me feel so much better. I know I am getting a ring of a lifetime, but it just pisses me off that my b and I even called a second Cartier and they told me similar prices...ugh.

I think what made me the most upset was the fact that they wanted my bf to pay the extra $8k for the ring, and he was like, "um no, you are the ones who messed up so you need to honor what you said." and after 4 hours, literally, on the phone with them, they finally agreed!!

But, I am excited that I get a 1.54 ct, G, VS1 for 17K....no complaints there

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Blondie you certainly didn''t do anything wrong and I hope all this mess won''t affect your enjoyment of this beautiful and special ring! As frustrating as it has been at least you guys got Cartier to do the right thing. Can''t wait to see pictures!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD FOR CARTIER to honoring their original quote! Obviously a first class operation.
36.gif

Ditto!! That''s the kind of biz practices that make for good PR & return customers!

Wow - it''s quite a story though! The power of PS, huh?? Even more reason to ultimately celebrate your amazing DEAL OF THE CENTURY!

Maybe it''s more a more common mistake than we think -- actually a well-known PS vendor once sent me "wholesale" prices of a bunch of diamonds, only to write back the next day & say OOPS: THESE are the prices. In that case I wouldn''t expect a vendor to honor the given price -- no deal was made, just info gathering ... In CARTIER''s case - the deal was done! KUDOS to CARTIER!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
"Ah, the power of information... what''d people do before the internet?"

It was not that long ago when diamonds were sold without certificates. There was no real information except what the jeweler selling the diamond told the customer. "Blue-White and flawless". The customer did not know anything and the jeweler was at best making a guess.

Now the PS customer comes to us with more knowledge than most jewelers have and they know pretty much what they want and how much it should cost. Think of the customer that has not found PS yet?

I wonder what the future holds?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 6:49:51 PM
Author: dimonbob
''Ah, the power of information... what''d people do before the internet?''

It was not that long ago when diamonds were sold without certificates. There was no real information except what the jeweler selling the diamond told the customer. ''Blue-White and flawless''. The customer did not know anything and the jeweler was at best making a guess.

Now the PS customer comes to us with more knowledge than most jewelers have and they know pretty much what they want and how much it should cost. Think of the customer that has not found PS yet?

I wonder what the future holds?

RE: The Jeweler''s Guessing.

Well maybe, but I think most jewelers repeated the grading provided by their diamond supplier.

But that was most likely limited to the honest and ethical ones.

I''ve been in a few diamond misrepresentation cases, that when it got to court, discovery showed that the retailer overstated the quality that he was told by his supplier. This is of course was intentional and deliberate. Then there was that famous case in Phila, where color, clarity, cut and carat weight were also overstated in 99% of what he sold.

Nothing like a good legal action to bring out the roaches from under the carpet!

Rockdoc

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
What I find truly amazing is that they honored a verbal quote- that is truly astounding!
Unless they got something in writing I don''t know why Cartier would even own up to their "mistake."

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:50:02 PM
Author: dtnyc
What I find truly amazing is that they honored a verbal quote- that is truly astounding! Unless they got something in writing I don''t know why Cartier would even own up to their ''mistake.''

Well they ordered & paid for a certain stone & a certain ring ... I certainly HOPE they got "something in writing" before they handed over their 17K
3.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:59:42 PM
Author: decodelighted

What I find truly amazing is that they honored a verbal quote- that is truly astounding! Unless they got something in writing I don''t know why Cartier would even own up to their ''mistake.''

Well they ordered & paid for a certain stone & a certain ring ... I certainly HOPE they got ''something in writing'' before they handed over their 17K
3.gif
Since all of the original posts are gone, I wasn''t sure if a ring had been ordered when that price quote was made.

wouldn''t everyone consider a stone that is 1.49 in the 1.5 range? I know 1.5 is a "magic" number like 1 ct. and 2 ct, but 1.49 is really close to that magic number.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 1.49 is going to be less than 1.50. But the two stones she mentioned were a 1.49 H VS2 and a 1.54 G VS1. Turns out the price was really for the H stone, which now makes a whole lot more sense, but they told her the price was for the G stone. And that was too good to be true, because it was a mistake...except she gets it for that price because they made a very big mistake (which I think maybe it was Deco who first suggested that scenario!).

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:06:15 PM

Date: 1/31/2007 7:59:42 PM
Author: decodelighted

Well they ordered & paid for a certain stone & a certain ring ... I certainly HOPE they got ''something in writing'' before they handed over their 17K
3.gif
Since all of the original posts are gone, I wasn''t sure if a ring had been ordered when that price quote was made.

wouldn''t everyone consider a stone that is 1.49 in the 1.5 range? I know 1.5 is a ''magic'' number like 1 ct. and 2 ct, but 1.49 is really close to that magic number.
Yes, but it wasn''t the size change so much as it was the color and clarity.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
In the original post Bondie said she bought a 1.5, G,VS 2, Ideal cut with Excellent polish and symmetry for $17,000 from Cartier.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MY apologies, G VS2, not G VS1.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:17:24 PM
Author: solange
In the original post Bondie said she bought a 1.5, G,VS 2, Ideal cut with Excellent polish and symmetry for $17,000 from Cartier.
No, I think she said she was/is getting a G VS1. But the price they gave her was for an H VS2. That was clarified in her post in page 3.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
omg, so glad that they honored their quote and everything worked out! can''t wait to see that sparkly on your finger!
36.gif

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
Congratulations. You got a great deal.
Just called local Cartier, the sales told me 1.35ct G VS1 is $22000, I asked if I want to spend $17000 to buy a diamond there, he said it''s around 1.05ct
3.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 9:04:49 PM
Author: jazmine

Date: 1/31/2007 8:17:24 PM
Author: solange
No, I think she said she was/is getting a G VS1. But the price they gave her was for an H VS2. That was clarified in her post in page 3.
If you look under revisions in her first post you will see that she was referring to a VS 2. The clarity issue would matter to anyone who wanted to look for a similar stone and compare prices on Pricescope. There are a few listed in this same size and category by James Allen, Whiteflash, GOG and Blue Nile.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results