shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier...You''ll never believe it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 3:14:12 PM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 1/29/2007 1:43:59 PM
Author: Harriet
I''m not the one with an entire jewellery wardrobe!
Ha-ha! You''re off to a really good start though! And sounds like it''ll be building pretty quickly!
2.gif
How did you figure? I wish!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to the poster! That is a great price considering the source. Perhaps they bought a large parcel of 1.5c & negotiated a great price. Get their customers coming in from the beginning.

As far as their watches - TOP notch time keepers! I''ve had mine for 17 years - save a dead battery - no time issues. My Rolex, on the other hand, keeps horrible time.

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

1895femme

Rough_Rock
Yay! You''ll absolutely love it!

It seems as though you are getting a really good price. Over the summer, I tried on a 1.51 H VS2 that was $22,000. My ring (0.92 E VS2) was $11,000 in 2005. In 2004, I tried on a 1.14 F VS2 for about $14,000. I wonder what''s going on.

egs1

Rough_Rock
Blondie, congratulations on getting such a great deal on such a nice ring...bet you can't wait to pick it up!!! Looking forward to seeing some photos!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If people keep ringing Cartier and mentioning the really great price that Blondie was quoted she might not get her ring! Hold off until after she gets it then ask about it
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, I went to Cartier in Singapore today (Takashimaya) and asked about their 1.5-ish carat G colour stones, to be told by the snobbish sales assistant that they don't yet carry that collection, and that the "lower range" (her words, not mine) would only arrive in sevaral months' time. She also mumbled something about their change of policy to sell this collection in addition to their "high-end" to also serve the "masses". Hah! I would not call US$15-25k a "lower range" price. She seemed pretty miffed that I was not interested in seeing or even asking about their "high-end" collection currently in the store. LOL.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
US$15-25k is hardly for the "masses", especially in Sing dollars. How snotty!

Another interesting tidbit: I've gone into Cartier NY several times, and they don't seem to have much, if at all, in the 3 ct+ range.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, Harriet. I just had to laugh it off.

I didn't really check out their "high-end" stuff, but vaguely remember her mentioning something about their currently only carrying D-E (or was it D-F ?) and she had an 2+ carat E colour stone and would I be interested in seeing it (even after I'd told her I was only looking for a G 1.5-ish stone).

About six, seven months ago, though, I looked at a 7 carat emerald cut stone in there and it was really beautiful (not to mention that that sales assistant was much nicer than the one today).

I did this today primarily because I was intrigued by what Blondie had said and wanted to do a price comparison btw the US and Singapore and also to see if they really had that size and colour stone in that price (and that it wasn't a mis-quote).

Oh, incidentally, I looked at their eternity rings, set with what I can only assume were their "high-end" stones - with another assistant today i must add - and the little stones looked very nice and sparkly, but did not like the settings so much (just my own personal preference, or rather non-preference, though).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to get my paws on that emerald-cut.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too! I remember spending a good half an hour just sitting in the store looking at the ring on my finger, wishing it was mine.
30.gif
. Amazing thing.. was it did not look too big or garish, just right on my 4.5 size finger. He he.
18.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buy it!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah! I wish!

Anyway, it''s gone
8.gif
. Obviously, some tai tai fell in love with it too, except that she could afford it. Double
8.gif
8.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not convinced you''re not a tai tai (or at least a tai tai in training).
2.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re too kind
1.gif
, but again, I wish!
3.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if the Cartier stone is H&A or any special cut. I noticed that there are several non-H&A G, VS 2 Ideal cut 1.5 range stones on the virtual listing in the $12,000 to $13,000 range. Blue Nile has one that looks good for about $13,000. as does Whiteflash. You do pay a heavy premium for H&A cut.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 7:37:23 PM
Author: blondie23

Huh. Looks like Blondie23 has erased most of her posts, including the ORIGINAL post about her great deal & the one where she admits the different price quotes people are getting is "fishy".

33.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
When I first read the post, I thought it was a done deal and they had bought the ring. However, comparing the price of a H&A with an Ideal cut non-H&A is really not a good comparison.
Now I am wondering what happened to cause her to delete her posts.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 3:00:34 PM
Author: solange

yeah me too. things are starting to get a little fishy for me as well.

gotta love the view revisions function
28.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 3:02:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 1/31/2007 3:00:34 PM

yeah me too. things are starting to get a little fishy for me as well.

gotta love the view revisions function
28.gif

Very strange....

apricot11

Rough_Rock
i wonder if all the attention it drew made her start freaking out? maybe Cartier called her and changed the price?? hopefully she will respond and let us know what is going on.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
According to her post they bought the ring and were expecting it in six weeks. I doubt that Cartier would change the price. And it was free publicity for their so called "lower end line."
It is all very mysterious. I''ve never seen this done before--deleting the subject of a thread.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s all so strange....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 4:24:01 PM
I doubt that Cartier would change the price.

I dunno ... dontcha remember that guy who bought a stone & the jewelry store called back AFTER HE'D PROPOSED & GIVEN HIS FIANCE THE RING and told him they'd set a "better" stone by accident and would need to REPLACE THE STONE with the one he'd "actually chosen".

These folks had only ordered a ring that was to be done 4-6 weeks FROM NOW. Maybe there WAS a mistake that came to light when all sorts of folks started calling from around the country requesting the "17K special".
3.gif
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 4:31:43 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 1/31/2007 4:24:01 PM
I doubt that Cartier would change the price.

I dunno ... dontcha remember that guy who bought a stone & the jewelry store called back AFTER HE'D PROPOSED & GIVEN HIS FIANCE THE RING and told him they'd set a 'better' stone by accident and would need to REPLACE THE STONE with the one he'd 'actually chosen'.

These folks had only ordered a ring that was to be done 4-6 weeks FROM NOW. Maybe there WAS a mistake that came to light when all sorts of folks started calling from around the country requesting the '17K special'.
3.gif
31.gif
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand why it would take 4-6 weeks to be delivered.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 4:59:44 PM
Author: Harriet
I don''t understand why it would take 4-6 weeks to be delivered.

Perhaps the floor model wasn''t her size or within striking distance of her size. My e-ring took 6 weeks to be made after ordered. That doesn''t strike me as odd.

Everything ELSE about this mystery strikes me as odd ... but not that!
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 4:08:02 PM
Author: apricot11
i wonder if all the attention it drew made her start freaking out? maybe Cartier called her and changed the price?? hopefully she will respond and let us know what is going on.
It''s strange, especially after you called several stores, Apricot11, and were given similar prices to what Blondie found.

Maybe she''s worried about the being so open about how much she paid for a ring on a public forum? She need not be - PS is very good about privacy.

Blondie, if you read this, please tell us what happened - there is certainly nothing to be embarrassed or concerned about. This is all about consumer education! We appreciate knowing the honest truth.
16.gif
Please?

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
First I want to say I am sorry about me removing my posts. These last couple days have been a rollercoaster and I felt it best to just take it down. Apparently the price I was quoted was for a 1.49ct, ideal, H, VS2 and not a G, VS1 1.54. It came to their attention when they "had an increase in phone calls regarding stones in the 1.5ct range." Anyway, to make a reallllllly long story short, they decided to give me the 1.54ct stone at the price that was quoted to us because it was their fault. This became such a mess that our issue went all the way to Paris, but it is finally resolved (I hope). Anyway, I should get my ring in 4 weeks, pending no more fiascos.

And for all out there who want to know, a 1.5ct, G, VS1 wil run you about $24k not 17K....sad.

I''m still upset about it and plan to deal with the situation once I get my ring!

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Ah, the power of information... what''d people do before the internet?
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results