shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Trinity owners - talk to me about The Scratching?

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it may also depend on how the trinity is worn. I have an xs trinity ring (the really tiny one) and I wear it daily as a pinky ring. I truly cannot remember when I last took it off. I’ve owned it for about 3 years, and there is not much patina on the pink and yellow bands (which I can see the difference between). The only thing that bothers me is that Cartier white gold slowly turns grey.
I wonder if the wear is also minimal on the bracelet too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it may also depend on how the trinity is worn. I have an xs trinity ring (the really tiny one) and I wear it daily as a pinky ring. I truly cannot remember when I last took it off. I’ve owned it for about 3 years, and there is not much patina on the pink and yellow bands (which I can see the difference between). The only thing that bothers me is that Cartier white gold slowly turns grey.
I wonder if the wear is also minimal on the bracelet too.
I don’t wear my bracelet much but it def scratches really easily, I don’t think it would take much wear to create a patina. Couple months of regular wear maybe.

Mine is the three-bangle version where each bangle is 4.5mm wide and 1.8mm deep, and they’re each pretty heavy. I wonder if lighter bangles might take longer to develop the patina? I wear my XS ring a fair bit and it either doesn’t scratch as easily or doesn’t show scratches as much as the bracelet (or maybe both)!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wait. Apparently I started this thread.
So I guess I just answered my own question - eight years later?
What a trip :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results