shape
carat
color
clarity

Carre cut partial eternity band - keep or return?

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
This band is exactly what I wanted: channel-set, step cut, partial eternity, pre-loved. It just arrived yesterday and, now that I have it in hand, I'm not sure that it goes with my engagement ring. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing my engagement ring with a band next to it? I really do like it but, would a plain platinum band be better...?

Does anyone have any knee-jerk reactions?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

carreband1.jpg

carreband2.jpg

carreband3.jpg

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
I personally don't love the two together. Your GORGEOUS engagement ring would look better with something more delicate, I think.

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Fulvia! Perhaps you're right. I originally wanted a plain band so, maybe something simple *is* the best approach. I guess I'm just finding it hard to return a pretty ring ; )

Q

Queenie60

If you have any doubts - I say return as you don't want to regret your purchase down the road. Good luck :wavey:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love both of the rings, just not together. I think the carre cut eternity band would look great on it's own for days you don't want to wear your engagement ring. I love your engagement ring on it's own but if you want to wear a wedding band with it I'd go for a simple plain band or something very dainty. Your diamond is truly breathtaking :love: and you don't want your wedding band competing with that gorgeous ring.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Love the carré cut band, love the e-ring. I don't love them in combination, though.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me ask you Diamondz1, what was your first "knee jerk" reaction? I find that my very first impression is the truest. Anything that I am a little hohum about or it will grow on me, is not "singing" to me. I love Diamondseeker's "When in doubt, don't."
Good luck with your decision :wavey:

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Queenie - Thank you and good point! Buyers remorse is the worst!

Poodles and Wildcat - Thank you for the kind words! And for both of your thoughts. It seems like we're building a consensus that the rings don't go together.

To Bonfire's point (thanks Bonfire!) - I pulled the ring out of the package and loved it. Then I put it on and thought that the two rings didn't look quiet right together.

You guys have helped me answer my question - this isn't my wedding band.

I'll have to think about whether I want to keep it to wear separately (I do!) aka, whether I can justify buying myself a gift right now, lol.

Thanks again, everyone!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love both! But can you maybe reverse how you stack them and put the band under the ering? I think it would work beautifully bc both are classic styles.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you really love the carre band I hope you can justify keeping it to wear on it's own. I have a diamond baguette eternity band that I love wearing on days that I don't feel like wearing an engagement ring. As a matter of fact I cannot wear another ring with it as my fingers are too short and the band is quite wide. I also have plain narrow band that I wear with my engagement ring or on its own. It's nice having options. Have you looked at e-weddingbands.com for low cost plain bands? They come in various widths and sizes.

Good luck with your decision.

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Nala and Poodles - Yesss, you're telling me just what I needed to hear! Thank you! :) I may have to admit to myself at this point that I simply like it and want to keep it regardless.

I actually just ordered a vintage plain plat band from eBay that I'll be able to play with next Weds - it was a bit lower priced than eweddingbands.com, which I've also been considering (great minds!), probably because it has a worn look with some faded engraving, but I love that.

Thank you both. This forum is kind of special in that you get to communicate with other jewelry lovers. You guys just get it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results