carat
color
clarity

CaratZone

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy how infuriating!
I hate when vendors just outright lie and I guess hope the buyer is too lazy to get a refund. What in the world.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I mailed it back today. Really weird address that didn't show up on Google maps but I messaged him again and he insisted I use that address so I have it all documented.

Pink Bandit is totally side eyeing me! All this work which included several trips to the post office to investigate postage options and I have nothing to show for it!

I better get my money back!!!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you used a signed for on delivery option, that way you can prove someone got the item. One of the best methods from here are the 500gram prepaid International post bags and you pay an extra $5.00AU for the signed for on delivery service to make sure they receive it.

What colour spinel are you looking for? I have a heap and I'm in Australia.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I mailed it back today. Really weird address that didn't show up on Google maps but I messaged him again and he insisted I use that address so I have it all documented.

Pink Bandit is totally side eyeing me! All this work which included several trips to the post office to investigate postage options and I have nothing to show for it!

I better get my money back!!!!!!

I thought the same thing about the address. local post office questioned it so I asked again to clarify and got a different spelling from him? Maybe slightly rearranged format too. I'm not familiar with that country, so maybe that is acceptable/normal procedure?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you used a signed for on delivery option, that way you can prove someone got the item. One of the best methods from here are the 500gram prepaid International post bags and you pay an extra $5.00AU for the signed for on delivery service to make sure they receive it.

What colour spinel are you looking for? I have a heap and I'm in Australia.

It was a sapphire but I don't care what kind of stone really (well apart from the dead soft ones). I wanted a bright peachy pink stone! What I call the "wrong" Pad colour.

The colour was lovely but the inclusions were awful!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an update to tell everyone I got my refund back quickly and promptly. He received the stone today and refunded my money and postage right away.

On a completely different note, unrelated to the vendor, for inexpensive stones I think it is a pretty good option to use Australian Registered International post for any Aussies here! It was reasonably inexpensive to post and stone arrived just fine. Obviously I wouldn't post a stone worth thousands of dollars but for smaller purchases it's not a bad way to post.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got your refund!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got refunded through all of this. I don't know this vendor but his images all look heavily lit and washed out. So I started to look for the darkest part of the stone to get an idea of the actual color. Plus, he's putting the stone on a reflective object to make it "look better".

What a hassle, and sad he wasn't honest about the inclusion.

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
lot of great sellers on etsy, a lot of movement from Ebay into etsy in the last 2 years. I would recommend looking at the reviews, you will also find more of there personal story on etsy, you can also find direct to customer gem cutters.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lot of great sellers on etsy, a lot of movement from Ebay into etsy in the last 2 years. I would recommend looking at the reviews, you will also find more of there personal story on etsy, you can also find direct to customer gem cutters.

Hi Kevin do you have any sellers you can recommend? Aside from the usual ones on the pricescope list I don't know many other sellers.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kevin do you have any sellers you can recommend? Aside from the usual ones on the pricescope list I don't know many other sellers.

I believe that Trade members are prohibited from giving us this type of advice. But I could be wrong!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe that Trade members are prohibited from giving us this type of advice. But I could be wrong!

Ahh I think you're right. Bugger!

But I'm on a ban anyway I suppose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results