shape
carat
color
clarity

can''t sleep

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
soory ps family im back again , it''s 12
6.gif
4 here in california and im wide awake deciding on the setting im debating on ..on my last post you guys were awsome and giving me the thumbs up on my pick ..but im now deciding on these 2 please ..i would like your very honest oppinions on both ok...thanks again guys your all the greatst!!!
26.gif
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Platinum-Cathedral-Pave--Engagment-Ring_929.htm# or http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Rounded-Open-Cathedral-Engagement-Ring_1352.htm# im setting my http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1848275.htm in the setting i pick please...offer you oppinions everyone thanks guys

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
its 2:14am here in the midwest and I cant sleep either..

The first one I do not like how high the diamond sits.

The second one the head area is a bit blocky but I like it better than the first one.

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
thanks strmdr i was thing the same on both whoa..hehehe thats wierd hummm any suggestions we prob have the same taste too hehe im getting it from wf so i dont know if you ever seen there settings..?

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
does everyone agree the first one sits to high?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
For me personally the first one is too high the head is beautiful but I would want it lower.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 3:16:51 AM
Author: strmrdr
its 2:14am here in the midwest and I cant sleep either..

The first one I do not like how high the diamond sits.

The second one the head area is a bit blocky but I like it better than the first one.
Ditto. I like the basket style of the first, but it''s too elongated. The second is boxy, but at least it''s more proportional.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
It''s 3:41 in Florida. I''m up because I drank too much caffiene and my son has decided now is as good a time as any to play with his toy cars.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 3:39:55 AM
Author: evaldez
how about i go simple like these two? http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-Legato--Sleek-Line-Diamond-Solitaire_1118.htm# or.. this one...http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-Flush-Fit--Cathedral-Style-Diamond-Ring_1065.htm#

like the first one in the quote a lot better than the second...

My favorite of the WF settings is the X prong..
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-X-Prong--Trellis-Diamond-Solitaire_977.htm#

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
wow its stunning...i thanks for that link you dont think its too plain do you?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s elegant and classic. She can always get a super blingy wedding band. The Legato would be my choice hands down.

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
any one in ps seen hand shots on this setting anywhere please send pics my way i will greatly appreciate it

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
No not all, I think it is timelessly elegant.

If your after hand shots in that link I posted for you AJ has posted heaps of lovely handshots in there :).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
thanks deelight and gypsy ..oh man gypsy i loved the last link u sent but its out of my budget....i spent most of my budget on my stone.. and i was considerng on of the first 2 setting links i posted.. since im getting my stone from wf..im going to get the setting there too.. i went 1000 over budget but thats ok..i think i m getting a quality stone..now comes the setting now im thinking on the sleek line lagato or http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Rounded-Open-Cathedral-Engagement-Ring_1352.htm# im coming close to a pick

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did the right thing, the diamond is what counts.

Personally I''d rather have an elegant solitare I could pair with any band I wanted over the other one with the diamonds, because that one might limit my wedding band options.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I like this one best of the settings that have been posted on this thread. I personally don''t see any downsides to platinum except that it''s more expensive to buy, size, and repair with current metal prices, and over time it develops a patina and isn''t shiny like gold. I perfer the less shiny look myself, but some people don''t.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 4:10:25 AM
Author: Deelight

If your after hand shots in that link I posted for you AJ has posted heaps of lovely handshots in there :).
Thankyou Dee for the props!

Honestly evaldez, I cannot speak highly enough of the legato - personally I love a simple solitaire for an ering, as its so versatile, easy wearing and as Dee mentioned classic. Than she can get blingy bands, or mix and match, yanno?
I don't find the legato plain due to the original design in the wires in the head - it adds something special. Plus the basket is just the right height imho, not too high or low.
I get compliments on it all the time from strangers.

Of course I'm biased, but out of the ones you've linked the legato would be my pick.
1.gif

If you can't sleep, do a search on WG vs Plat - there is hours of reading! In the end though, it just depends on what your girl likes and your budget - has she expressed interest in plat?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 6:27:17 AM
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Sleek-Line-Pave--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1184.htm# if i get this setting my budget will only let me get it in white gold...does anyone have any wisdom to share with me or can talk me out on getting wg ?.. i would love platnium but my budget speaks loader

I personally am not a fan of platinum. My original e-ring was platinum and it got all scratched up..DROVE ME NUTS and also heavy. I got my new e-ring in white gold and love it. I''ve had the new setting for 4+yrs now and not one scratch and looks like it''s brand new. I also love the fact that I saved money getting white gold and put that towards the setting I really wanted..instead of having to settle for something less lovely because of the platinum prices. I''m sure I''m in the minority (about disliking platinum)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 7:24:38 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 2/15/2009 4:10:25 AM

Author: Deelight

Thankyou Dee for the props!

Honestly evaldez, I cannot speak highly enough of the legato - personally I love a simple solitaire for an ering, as its so versatile, easy wearing and as Dee mentioned classic. Than she can get blingy bands, or mix and match, yanno?

I don''t find the legato plain due to the original design in the wires in the head - it adds something special. Plus the basket is just the right height imho, not too high or low.

I get compliments on it all the time from strangers.

Of course I''m biased, but out of the ones you''ve linked the legato would be my pick.
1.gif

If you can''t sleep, do a search on WG vs Plat - there is hours of reading! In the end though, it just depends on what your girl likes and your budget - has she expressed interest in plat?

Anytime hun your ring is a STUNNER :)

evaldez You mentioned in a previous post that your GF has really sensitive skin and for that reason alone I would go plat not everyone can wear white gold do you know if she can wear white gold?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Sleek Line Pave is by far my favorite setting in this thread.

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone,
thank you again for your wounderful suggestions....i just woke up hehhe.. ok so heres the thing...omg i can''t even spell this..my gf has this skin condition called exzema? sorry i have no idea how they spell it...thats the only reason why was leaning towards platnuim...i bought her a tiffany''s mesh ring one year i think its called somerset somerset or something..and i think its sliver and she does find with it...she also loves to wear diffrent rings with her wordrobe sometimes the rings silver, fake rings etc....you think she''ll do find with wg?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the Sleek Line Pave a lot! Personally I prefer the solitaire (Legato Sleek Line), but you seem to be looking for a pave/diamond setting rather than a solitaire based on your other choices.

It''s hard to say whether WG or plat would be better for your GF''s skin. I don''t think either one is known to make eczema worse, but there''s always the chance that she''s allergic to one, and I don''t think platinum is necessarily less allergenic than WG (could be wrong though). I''d go with the WG if platinum isn''t budgetable. Here''s how I see the plat vs. WG debate:

Platinum
Pros: highly sought after; status symbol; heavy/durable
Cons: develops a patina, though this is easily buffed out; expensive

WG
Pros: less expensive and shinier than platinum
Cons: may have to be replated, but this is inexpensive (how often depends on her body chemistry and is unpredictable)

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 2:26:04 PM
hi everyone,
thank you again for your wounderful suggestions....i just woke up hehhe.. ok so heres the thing...omg i can't even spell this..my gf has this skin condition called exzema? sorry i have no idea how they spell it...thats the only reason why was leaning towards platnuim...i bought her a tiffany's mesh ring one year i think its called somerset somerset or something..and i think its sliver and she does find with it...she also loves to wear diffrent rings with her wordrobe sometimes the rings silver, fake rings etc....you think she'll do find with wg?
If your gf has eczema, you might want to find out if she can wear white gold. White gold is a great choice because it is less expensive, but if it irritates her skin, it won't work. Of course, it depends on the alloys used. Does she wear white gold jewelry now with no problems? I know my mom can't wear 14K gold, it has to be 18K because the 14k irritates her skin. Just a thought.

Sorry I didn't vote on a setting. I like several of them and can't pick one!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have eczema on my hands, too. It''s not caused by a metal allergy, and I can wear white gold just fine.

I am pretty sure WF can make/uses a Ni-free gold alloy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results