shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't believe I just bought this weird ring... and I love it!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@HS4S_2 I use Wacom brand, they're pretty much the gold standard. I recommend the Intuos line, without the display screen.

Still waiting for my ring (estimated to arrive next Monday!!!!), drew another piece that more accurately reflects what I see in 'her'. This style takes me much longer and is not what I usually draw, but it's fun!

LXDOkug.png

Waiting anxiously for Monday to come... if they don't arrive I have a business trip starting Tuesday and won't be back for a week! :cry2:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful drawing! I am going to look into those tablets Thank you for sharing! My daughter is very interested in the tablets because of the ability to layer. I am not artistically inclined so I take her work for it

How could I have you draw me something up? Lots of fun!
@HS4S_2 I use Wacom brand, they're pretty much the gold standard. I recommend the Intuos line, without the display screen.

Still waiting for my ring (estimated to arrive next Monday!!!!), drew another piece that more accurately reflects what I see in 'her'. This style takes me much longer and is not what I usually draw, but it's fun!

LXDOkug.png

Waiting anxiously for Monday to come... if they don't arrive I have a business trip starting Tuesday and won't be back for a week! :cry2:

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@HS4S_2 The ability to layer is more the computer program, not the tool. Unless she meant the pressure sensitivity of the pen? There are many free drawing programs that offer layering capability, such as OpenCanvas, Paint Tool Sai, Krita, Medibang, etc etc... I use Photoshop (industry standard) but it's kinda pricey for the monthly subscription. Older versions of Photoshop such as CS5, CS4, or even CS3 would be great if you can find it second-hand, since there's no subscription plan! However any of the free programs are great and have layering.

If you're serious about having me draw you something, I will charge $25 for the first type of sketch, and $45 for the most recent one (it takes me longer). I'm excited to explore more jewelry characters! You'll want to link me to a thread with lots of photos of the piece you want drawn, the more the better so I can get a feel for it, and also if you have your own thoughts about the personality/hairstyle/etc of the piece you should describe it to me. Paypal ok? Not sure if we're allowed to share details on the forum though, and there's no PM option. :think: I think I could make a listing on my old etsy account, but I haven't used it for years so I gotta figure out how it works first. :lol:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes I would love you to draw something. PayPal works. You can find me here.
https://loupetroop.com/listings/ban...r-18k-yellow-gold-cvb-id-dahlia-setting;25543

I asked my daughter and one of the tablets you mentioned is on her short list . Thank you for the information.

If you email me at the address on the listing I will send you pictures and my inspiration. Thank you!

QUOTE="chappy, post: 4445090, member: 54711"]@HS4S_2 The ability to layer is more the computer program, not the tool. Unless she meant the pressure sensitivity of the pen? There are many free drawing programs that offer layering capability, such as OpenCanvas, Paint Tool Sai, Krita, Medibang, etc etc... I use Photoshop (industry standard) but it's kinda pricey for the monthly subscription. Older versions of Photoshop such as CS5, CS4, or even CS3 would be great if you can find it second-hand, since there's no subscription plan! However any of the free programs are great and have layering.

If you're serious about having me draw you something, I will charge $25 for the first type of sketch, and $45 for the most recent one (it takes me longer). I'm excited to explore more jewelry characters! You'll want to link me to a thread with lots of photos of the piece you want drawn, the more the better so I can get a feel for it, and also if you have your own thoughts about the personality/hairstyle/etc of the piece you should describe it to me. Paypal ok? Not sure if we're allowed to share details on the forum though, and there's no PM option. :think: I think I could make a listing on my old etsy account, but I haven't used it for years so I gotta figure out how it works first. :lol:[/QUOTE]

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My ring did notttt arrive today! Fedex has failed me! :cry2::cry2::cry2: I'll have to fly out of the country tomorrow, and won't be back for a week. I've called Fedex and asked them to deliver next Saturday (that's like, two weeks away! AGH), so that's the SOONEST I'll be able to get it. Sad I can't bring it on my trip and stare at it on the airplane and stuff. ): Now I'll just have to read my ebook like everyone else.

In the meantime, guess I'll show off two pieces commissioned by @HS4S_2 , based on her sapphire & rose cut diamond ring. First one is her ring, second is imbued with her lovely daughter's features. :sun: I haven't taken portrait commissions for a very long time, and it was fun! Especially since I get to bling it up ahhaha

UP8zbgX.png
pZU4ilN.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring did notttt arrive today! Fedex has failed me! :cry2::cry2::cry2: I'll have to fly out of the country tomorrow, and won't be back for a week. I've called Fedex and asked them to deliver next Saturday (that's like, two weeks away! AGH), so that's the SOONEST I'll be able to get it. Sad I can't bring it on my trip and stare at it on the airplane and stuff. ): Now I'll just have to read my ebook like everyone else.

In the meantime, guess I'll show off two pieces commissioned by @HS4S_2 , based on her sapphire & rose cut diamond ring. First one is her ring, second is imbued with her lovely daughter's features. :sun: I haven't taken portrait commissions for a very long time, and it was fun! Especially since I get to bling it up ahhaha

UP8zbgX.png
pZU4ilN.png

Awww I am sorry @chappy that your ring did not arrive.:blackeye: And it isn't even the holidays yet where delays are plentiful.:( When you get back next week you will receive it and it is something to anticipate happily and something to look forward to...have a safe trip.

How talented you are...I love your portraits. Beautiful.:love:

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the bling princess! Self-portrait? ;-)
LOL my eyes are not that big or blue or sparkly, but I wish! I decided to do a self-portrait since you mentioned, it doesn't quite look like me either... hmm, not enough eyebags probably. :lol: To be honest I find self-portraits reeeally hard to get right, because it's easier to see other people for their characteristics, but my own face is too familiar so I can't find the right thing to emphasize and it's just always a little off.

Vwmz3q9.png

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Awww I am sorry @chappy that your ring did not arrive.:blackeye: And it isn't even the holidays yet where delays are plentiful.:( When you get back next week you will receive it and it is something to anticipate happily and something to look forward to...have a safe trip.

How talented you are...I love your portraits. Beautiful.:love:
gosh I sure hope it does arrive without incident next week! It appears there's been a lot of delays in Memphis for international packages though, so at least I'm not alone.

Sure could've used the extra bling to bide me over the upcoming tiring business trip. :cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gosh I sure hope it does arrive without incident next week! It appears there's been a lot of delays in Memphis for international packages though, so at least I'm not alone.

Sure could've used the extra bling to bide me over the upcoming tiring business trip. :cry2:

You are definitely not alone...so many delays with UPS/Fed Ex and USPS it isn't funny. It will arrive safely just delayed so try not to worry about that.Easier said than done I know.

Also as a plus it might be safer not to be bringing it on your business trip. So maybe it is meant to be that you did not receive it before your trip. Hope your trip is a successful one and that your gorgeous ring arrives safely to you when you return!:appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chappy, your artwork is fabulous!
I am so "old school", I would've sworn it was gouache!
Haha, I got my art degree long before computers took over.
Hard to believe that the computer can do this.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@chappy, your artwork is fabulous!
I am so "old school", I would've sworn it was gouache!
Haha, I got my art degree long before computers took over.
Hard to believe that the computer can do this.
cool that you do art too! any photos of your stuff? I'd love to see!

arg they actually did lose the package and are in the middle of trying to locate it... first experience with eBay's global shipping program, extremely disappointed. Fedex are still searching but it looks like they're not hopeful. No idea what happened. ;( Husband wanted to buy me some last minute jewelry in Korea to cheer me up, he even picked out the perfect piece (!!!), but then we realized our money was packed away in the suitcase which was already checked in so that was also a bust. Seems like the universe doesn't want me to have any new bling this week! :cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cool that you do art too! any photos of your stuff? I'd love to see!

arg they actually did lose the package and are in the middle of trying to locate it... first experience with eBay's global shipping program, extremely disappointed. Fedex are still searching but it looks like they're not hopeful. No idea what happened. ;( Husband wanted to buy me some last minute jewelry in Korea to cheer me up, he even picked out the perfect piece (!!!), but then we realized our money was packed away in the suitcase which was already checked in so that was also a bust. Seems like the universe doesn't want me to have any new bling this week! :cry2:

Oh no! I am so sorry @chappy and I hope they find it. If it makes you feel better this has happened to me and not just with bling and so far they have always found what went missing. Sending you buckets of good luck dust that your beautiful ring is found safe and sound and that you can enjoy it very soon.:pray:

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I am so sorry @chappy and I hope they find it. If it makes you feel better this has happened to me and not just with bling and so far they have always found what went missing. Sending you buckets of good luck dust that your beautiful ring is found safe and sound and that you can enjoy it very soon.:pray:
I just want to ask, how long did it take for your missing items to show up? Fedex has advised I open a case on eBay to request for refund, but I'm afraid if I open the case and they do find the item it'll get shipped back to the seller... and I'd really rather have the item still!! I've already told the seller what's going on, and since the item reached eBay's GSP center they should be faultless, hopefully. Waiting till the end of this week before I give up and file for refund. ):

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to ask, how long did it take for your missing items to show up? Fedex has advised I open a case on eBay to request for refund, but I'm afraid if I open the case and they do find the item it'll get shipped back to the seller... and I'd really rather have the item still!! I've already told the seller what's going on, and since the item reached eBay's GSP center they should be faultless, hopefully. Waiting till the end of this week before I give up and file for refund. ):

It varied but the most recent "loss" took about an extra week to arrive. I might wait another week before I filed a claim with eBay...you will for sure get your money back even if you wait a little longer to file and as long as Fed Ex is aware it is missing.
And it's funny because the USPS told me the same thing. That it was gone. But I didn't file a claim with the seller as I wanted to wait and see and sure enough it showed up less than a week later after I was told it was gone.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it turns up. It is such a hectic time of year that things get more delayed now than during the non holiday season.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It varied but the most recent "loss" took about an extra week to arrive. I might wait another week before I filed a claim with eBay...you will for sure get your money back even if you wait a little longer to file and as long as Fed Ex is aware it is missing.
And it's funny because the USPS told me the same thing. That it was gone. But I didn't file a claim with the seller as I wanted to wait and see and sure enough it showed up less than a week later after I was told it was gone.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it turns up. It is such a hectic time of year that things get more delayed now than during the non holiday season.
Thank you... I really hope I have the same kind of situation as you!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It was declared lost last month, Fedex said they'd given up looking for it, eBay already refunded me everything. I'd given up all hope of it arriving, and yet -- today, on our anniversary no less! -- a surprise phone call came with a package for me! The envelope looked a bit beat-up and ripped, but the ring was still in one piece. eBay actually told me (I asked) that if the item ever arrives, I can just keep it for free (the seller was fully compensated by eBay). So um... I guess I got this awesome sparkler for free!

2NsiyAI.png

I was pretty bummed that it was lost, and bookmarked 'cluster ring' on eBay for the whole past month with no results that even came close. Faith restored in mailing system! Will take more photos in the sun this weekend, it's super sparkly! Reminds me of snow clumps (in jacket hoods and dog fur lol). I am thrilled with it. :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was declared lost last month, Fedex said they'd given up looking for it, eBay already refunded me everything. I'd given up all hope of it arriving, and yet -- today, on our anniversary no less! -- a surprise phone call came with a package for me! The envelope looked a bit beat-up and ripped, but the ring was still in one piece. eBay actually told me (I asked) that if the item ever arrives, I can just keep it for free (the seller was fully compensated by eBay). So um... I guess I got this awesome sparkler for free!

2NsiyAI.png

I was pretty bummed that it was lost, and bookmarked 'cluster ring' on eBay for the whole past month with no results that even came close. Faith restored in mailing system! Will take more photos in the sun this weekend, it's super sparkly! Reminds me of snow clumps (in jacket hoods and dog fur lol). I am thrilled with it. :kiss2:

No way did this beauty turn up & you get to keep it FOR FREE?!!! That’s the most amazing thing ever! And it’s beautiful - looking forward to seeing more pictures!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like! I don't like clusters where it is a bunch of diamonds trying to look like 1 diamond, but I like designs like that where it is almost a spray or bouquet of diamonds! My grandmother had a ring similar to that as well a brooches (most likely costume) and now that I'm older I think I can rock a ring like that!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad to see that this story had such a happy ending!! The ring looks GORGEOUS on you!!! The way it frames your fingers make them look so so long and slender!

I too vote for more photos!

BTW, your art is very beautiful Chappy! I love love the commissioned pieces!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Awesome! Not a bad ring for the price you paid, I guess. ;))

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This morning there was a sunbeam peeking through the window, so I quickly snapped a shot:
TUgyYVX.png

I haven't worn it outside the house yet, feel a bit self-conscious bringing this much bling to work (how do you guys do it?). :lol: I really really like it though and it's a really fun ring. Hope it's sunny this weekend so I can properly take some photos!

I like! I don't like clusters where it is a bunch of diamonds trying to look like 1 diamond, but I like designs like that where it is almost a spray or bouquet of diamonds! My grandmother had a ring similar to that as well a brooches (most likely costume) and now that I'm older I think I can rock a ring like that!
ooh do you have any photos? I haven't seen anything else quite similar, so I'm interested! I wonder who made it and from what era... I know the seller purchased it at an auction in the 80s, but it could be even older.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am captivated by this ring. It’s such a big look but you really pull it off! I have a friend who wears her late mother’s ginormous antique princess cut on her RH. It’s 9mm - a proper honker of a solitaire with mesmerising light return. She wears it 24/7, from the school run, to black tie, to mucking out the horses. She doesn’t care what people think & is so NOT self conscious. Go for it & enjoy that beauty! It was FREE!!!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!! What a happy ending to the saga :) The universe didn't get it to you earlier only bc it had bigger and better plans!

And I say rock it! And if anyone says anything, you can brag that you got it for free :P2

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. I’m so happy this saga has a happy ending!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! And win win for everyone! I agree with @partgypsy that I'm not usually a fan of clusters if they are trying to trick the eye into thinking they're one (floral designs don't count in that!) but as a spray of diamonds that's lovely and looks very lively and fiery!

Please post more pictures from multiple angles!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
This morning there was a sunbeam peeking through the window, so I quickly snapped a shot:
TUgyYVX.png

I haven't worn it outside the house yet, feel a bit self-conscious bringing this much bling to work (how do you guys do it?). :lol: I really really like it though and it's a really fun ring. Hope it's sunny this weekend so I can properly take some photos!

ooh do you have any photos? I haven't seen anything else quite similar, so I'm interested! I wonder who made it and from what era... I know the seller purchased it at an auction in the 80s, but it could be even older.

Wow, what a happy update and amazing that you did not have to return your refund. eBay really lost some money on this one. The ring is beautiful and I think you should totally take it out for dinner! At night, it will be less blinding so it’s a good way to get comfortable wearing it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is soo pretty! I see it as a cocktail ring for going out to dinner with friends. The lighting in the restaurant will make it really sparkle! I can’t believe you got it for free! I once got an ottoman for free because the first one got lost..No comparison! :roll2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a beautiful bouquet of diamonds - what not to love?!! Enjoy!

By the way, love your drawing.

ETA: I just saw the updates - Wow! What an amazing journey. The ring looks amazingly beautiful on your finger.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well with PS encouragement I DID wear it to work yesterday, and surprisingly it was comfortable to wear all day! I found myself tucking my hand under my chin to hide it though, when talking to co-workers. Oops. I'm sure with time I'll be shameless! Certainly this ring's been tucked away long enough (past whole 30 years!! Seller bought it at an auction in the 80s not to wear but as investment). I am so happy it finally found its way to me! I do wonder who was the lady who wore it earlier, since it's been sized down perfectly. It must've been adored once before.

@Alex T That sounds beautiful, would your friend mind sharing some photos?

I can’t believe you got it for free! I once got an ottoman for free because the first one got lost..No comparison! :roll2:
Is an ottoman a sofa? That sounds like a huge deal! Sofas are heckin' expensive!

Stunning! And win win for everyone!
Except eBay :lol:

Please post more pictures from multiple angles!

From the side it's kind of like a sunhat, or a sparkly hedgehog. Not too high, for this style of ring:
2772dLT.png

GVMRaD0.png

fsLSq7b.png

dgpQr8D.png

I have decided to name her snow clump, or Snow for short. Because of her uncanny resemblance to this:
RZjxGPV.jpg

:lol:

She's always catching fur here and there, as if accumulating a puppy (the opposite of how the above pups accumulated snow clumps). The marquise also sparkles differently from the rounds (more obvious in person), which really gives her the layered, snow clump look!

And an indoor shot:
FwMhaYs.png

The estimated tcw was 1.00 - 1.25, but from my measurements I believe it's closer to 1.35.

x6 marquise, 2mm x 3.5mm (0.07ct) = 0.42ctw
x1 center round, 3mm (0.11ct) = 0.11ctw
x6 larger melee, 2.5mm (0.06ct) = 0.36ctw
x4 medium melee, 2.25mm (0.04ct) = 0.16ctw
x10 small melee, 2mm (0.03ct) = 0.30ctw
total = ~1.35

It's a lot more ring than I was anticipating, I really thought I'd see the sides of my finger more. No complaints here! :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results