shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't believe I just bought this weird ring... and I love it!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
96EF1EU.png

These are seller pics, I just made the purchase and it's on its way to me! It's an absolutely crazy ring and I kept second-guessing my love for it but in the end couldn't escape its charms. If you guys think it's horrible PLEASE feel free to be honest, better to hear it than be totally out of touch with reality, haha! (still gonna wear it and love it anyway)

It reminds me of this ridiculous garnet & diamond ring I own:
svsz1rz.png

Except it's too big and garnets are too soft, so I never wear it. Pity because it's really fun. With the all-diamond one coming in, I'm gonna wear the hell out of it!

It inspired me to draw a little princess, too:
Tt2AiTl.png

(of course she's checking out her own ring because she's a bling princess)

Also what do you call this kind of ring exactly? I couldn't find any threads with similar rings on pricescope, search for cluster rings turn up more floral stuff with bigger center stones and symmetrical petals, and cocktail rings turn up large colored stones. Maybe you guys just have too good taste to stoop to my levels. :lol: Oh but if anyone actually does own something like this, please share, I'd love to see!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a huge cluster ring, I think it's fabulous and looks beautiful on you! I have a mini one of your new ring, but it's in my safe deposit box :) I'll get around to getting that ring and post a pix. There is something so beautiful about a lot of diamonds together!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's a huge cluster ring, I think it's fabulous and looks beautiful on you! I have a mini one of your new ring, but it's in my safe deposit box :) I'll get around to getting that ring and post a pix. There is something so beautiful about a lot of diamonds together!
Sorry if the photos are misleading, it should be smaller than my garnet ring pictured! Seller has no idea on exact carat weight either, he bought it 30 years ago at another auction!

I hope you do share some photos of your cluster, I really can't find a thread on similarly... messy? haphazard? scattered?... cluster diamonds haha

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh it's beautiful!!! Very blingy and so fun! :love: Post pics when you get it!

And...you drew that princess?!?! Wow, you are very talented @chappy! It's amazing! :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see it on your finger. I think it will be pretty fab.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not weird - it’s FAB! Rock that thing!! :P2

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, you’re a very talented artist! Looks like Japanese anime!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! sorry I thought the garnet ring was the one you had bought. Nonetheless! both rings rock.

I love cluster rings. After the holidays I'll get it out and picture it for you.

Your rings are beautiful!!! can't wait to see a hand pix.. since the garnet/gorgeous/diamond ring is too much for your finger and soft stone why don't you put it in a necklace. I think the ring is stunning! I think it would make a beautiful pendant... I know resetting things and especially having a ring made is expensive too so either way.. the rings are beautiful.

Sorry if the photos are misleading, it should be smaller than my garnet ring pictured! Seller has no idea on exact carat weight either, he bought it 30 years ago at another auction!

I hope you do share some photos of your cluster, I really can't find a thread on similarly... messy? haphazard? scattered?... cluster diamonds haha

P

PierreBear

What a fun ring... by the way you are the most beautiful model hands! Enjoy it and come back with more pictures!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will look fabulous on you! You have the fingers for a big ring & you will totally own this baby!

Beautiful drawing too - I would be happy to buy that from you, frame it & find a little spot in my house for it :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say it looks like both a cluster and cocktail ring! You can definitely pull it off with your pretty hands and long fingers! Great drawing, too! My daughter loves anime!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:geek2: Wow, fabulous bling princess! Very talented. Can’t wait to see hand shot soon of the new cluster ring

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I would probably call it a cocktail ring - that's dating it though.

Should be spectacular and blingy - can't wait to see your pictures!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@chappy !! I love that drawing! :kiss2::kiss2: It reminds me that @yssie hasn’t made a SMTB thread for her hair clip (comb?) just yet.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I am team new ring, I think it's great! I also love your diamond and garnet ring. Garnets aren't THAT soft. You need to rock that ring!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s fabulous and beautiful. Own it and rock it.
I can't wait to see it on your finger. I think it will be pretty fab.
Not weird - it’s FAB! Rock that thing!! :P2
Can't wait to wear it while dramatically flipping my hair and proclaiming "I'M FABULOUS"! (jk. maybe)

Oooh it's beautiful!!! Very blingy and so fun! :love: Post pics when you get it!

And...you drew that princess?!?! Wow, you are very talented @chappy! It's amazing! :appl:
Also, you’re a very talented artist! Looks like Japanese anime!
Thanks!! Guilty as charged, I do love anime. They've got the most imaginative plots!

Hi! sorry I thought the garnet ring was the one you had bought. Nonetheless! both rings rock.

I love cluster rings. After the holidays I'll get it out and picture it for you.

Your rings are beautiful!!! can't wait to see a hand pix.. since the garnet/gorgeous/diamond ring is too much for your finger and soft stone why don't you put it in a necklace. I think the ring is stunning! I think it would make a beautiful pendant... I know resetting things and especially having a ring made is expensive too so either way.. the rings are beautiful.
Which holiday? Thanksgiving? We don't get that here, zero holidays this month, all the shops have already switched to Christmas deco. I swear we have a 3-month Christmas here. Looking forward to your pics! Hmmm a pendant is not a bad idea, I've never thought about it... however I don't like heavy necklaces so it still wouldn't get a lot of wear. Hmm...

What a fun ring... by the way you are the most beautiful model hands! Enjoy it and come back with more pictures!
Gosh thanks, and I will!

This will look fabulous on you! You have the fingers for a big ring & you will totally own this baby!

Beautiful drawing too - I would be happy to buy that from you, frame it & find a little spot in my house for it :love:
I certainly hope it looks ok on me, fingers crossed! And that's such a nice thing to say, but actually it's just a digital drawing so it's the same if you print it out at home. :lol-2: I do paint as well but not as often because it's too messy and I hate cleaning up. If you want I could offer to draw one of your rings in the same style (also digital), make up a character for it, for $25? I haven't drawn at this price in many years because I've been too busy with a full-time job, but that was my portrait commission price back when I was a student. It's just really fun to draw up characters for pretty rings so, only if you want!

I would say it looks like both a cluster and cocktail ring! You can definitely pull it off with your pretty hands and long fingers! Great drawing, too! My daughter loves anime!
Oh DUH why didn't I think of searching for "cluster cocktail" at the same time! Hahahahhaa thank you, now I can see more images on google! And which anime does your daughter watch? I could maybe recommend her some good ones. Or she could recommend me some since she's younger and more hip with the times and all. :lol:

:geek2: Wow, fabulous bling princess! Very talented. Can’t wait to see hand shot soon of the new cluster ring
Thanks! I can't wait to see it too. So excited.

Yes, I would probably call it a cocktail ring - that's dating it though.

Should be spectacular and blingy - can't wait to see your pictures!
Dating it? The seller bought it in the 1980s, so it's at least 30 years old, but I wonder if it's even older? Would sure love to know more about the period of this ring!

@chappy !! I love that drawing! :kiss2::kiss2: It reminds me that @yssie hasn’t made a SMTB thread for her hair clip (comb?) just yet.
Blingy hair clip?? Ohh I gotta look out for that thread, and hope there's lots of modeling pics because that sounds fantastic.

I am team new ring, I think it's great! I also love your diamond and garnet ring. Garnets aren't THAT soft. You need to rock that ring!
When I said the garnet ring's too big, I meant it doesn't fit any of my fingers, not that the size of the bling is too much (never!!). I would love to wear it but my mom says people's fingers get thicker when they get older so I'll just wait... for another 30 years... ok that sounds a bit silly to me now that I've said it, I really should get it resized! Just hasn't been a priority.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Makes me think of the Galaxy... how about Princess Galactica
Lol
Great ring! Enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring!:love: Cannot wait to see it on you.:appl:
And wow love your drawing of the princess so much.:love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it :love: DH’s grandmother had one similar, but it’s not mine yet. It will be at some point. Enjoy and have fun with it!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very blingy and sparkly! I can’t wait to see it on your finger!
You are soooo talented! I love your drawing!

Last edited:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great! Cant wait for hand shots!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm withholding my opinion until I see it on! Honestly, if you like it and "own" it that's all that matters. I know I love some weird rings that
some may turn their noses up to but at this point in my life...I dont care!:bigsmile:

Come back with those pictures!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Makes me think of the Galaxy... how about Princess Galactica
Lol
Great ring! Enjoy!
I think I'll name it Fluffy... It looks like a fluffy ball of diamonds to me! Haha. Princess Galactica can be her stage name :lol:

@whitewave do you have any sneak pics of that? :twisted2:

@tyty333 ooh a potential dissenter! I sincerely welcome all honest feedback including how much it sucks so that it won't be like Emperor's New Groove thing. If I'm naked/wearing something most consider gaudy & ugly I should at least know, and then own it! ;)2 What are some of the rings you know are weird but love, btw? And I'll definitely be back with photos, as soon as it gets here! I live on the other side of the world so might be a week or two... :cry2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous in all of it's Hollywood style glam! Your princess picture is wonderful too!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
It's crazy and joyful - I love it!
You just have to wear the things that make you happy!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Which digital tablet do you use for your drawings I am looking for one for my daughter who also draws. Also, I would be interested in a ring inspired drawing.
Ps....both of your rings are amazing!

Can't wait to wear it while dramatically flipping my hair and proclaiming "I'M FABULOUS"! (jk. maybe)

Thanks!! Guilty as charged, I do love anime. They've got the most imaginative plots!

Which holiday? Thanksgiving? We don't get that here, zero holidays this month, all the shops have already switched to Christmas deco. I swear we have a 3-month Christmas here. Looking forward to your pics! Hmmm a pendant is not a bad idea, I've never thought about it... however I don't like heavy necklaces so it still wouldn't get a lot of wear. Hmm...

Gosh thanks, and I will!

I certainly hope it looks ok on me, fingers crossed! And that's such a nice thing to say, but actually it's just a digital drawing so it's the same if you print it out at home. :lol-2: I do paint as well but not as often because it's too messy and I hate cleaning up. If you want I could offer to draw one of your rings in the same style (also digital), make up a character for it, for $25? I haven't drawn at this price in many years because I've been too busy with a full-time job, but that was my portrait commission price back when I was a student. It's just really fun to draw up characters for pretty rings so, only if you want!

Oh DUH why didn't I think of searching for "cluster cocktail" at the same time! Hahahahhaa thank you, now I can see more images on google! And which anime does your daughter watch? I could maybe recommend her some good ones. Or she could recommend me some since she's younger and more hip with the times and all. :lol:

Thanks! I can't wait to see it too. So excited.

Dating it? The seller bought it in the 1980s, so it's at least 30 years old, but I wonder if it's even older? Would sure love to know more about the period of this ring!

Blingy hair clip?? Ohh I gotta look out for that thread, and hope there's lots of modeling pics because that sounds fantastic.

When I said the garnet ring's too big, I meant it doesn't fit any of my fingers, not that the size of the bling is too much (never!!). I would love to wear it but my mom says people's fingers get thicker when they get older so I'll just wait... for another 30 years... ok that sounds a bit silly to me now that I've said it, I really should get it resized! Just hasn't been a priority.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very large rings were very popular at one point. They were cocktail rings. Every mature woman had one or two. It's just a different style and it's an opportunity to wear LOTS of diamonds and colored stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results