shape
carat
color
clarity

CAN'T BE HAPPIER! MY GOG AVC is here!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
You did a good job: your e-ring looks great on you!

Janae335i

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!
Gorgeous ring!!! Do you know that the thickness of the band is? I LOVE how dainty the setting looks on your finger - really show cases the stone.

DolceJo

Rough_Rock
nadiamo|1296529780|2838911 said:
thanks everyone for the comments!
I'm still trying to make some nice shots of the ring..my bf said I'm crazy, I guess so :rodent:

:lol: My "bf" said the same thing!! LOL He thinks I'm crazy for taking so many pictures of the ring, in every angle/light/backdrop possible hahaha They just don't understand our fixation on blingy things!! :cheeky:

BTW Beautiful ring!! :love: Congratulations!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
timeless and classic! congrats!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
Janae335i|1296667552|2840745 said:
Congrats!!!
Gorgeous ring!!! Do you know that the thickness of the band is? I LOVE how dainty the setting looks on your finger - really show cases the stone.

I'm not sure, I think the shank is about 1-2mm wide(wider on the bottom), and seems like around 1.5mm (or up to 2mm)thick. sorry I can't give you more precise measurement.
yes, I really think the setting makes the stone look a bit bigger :cheeky: thanks for liking it~

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I laughed about your statement about you BF and previous gifts as I can relate. My husband refused to pick out my setting and only got my stone after he found out what I wanted by "spying" on me on PS.

As for the size, I agree with DS. Try it on with a band, and try to get a feel for it in a warm environment before you decide it is too big.

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
DolceJo|1296668362|2840757 said:
I'm still trying to make some nice shots of the ring..my bf said I'm crazy, I guess so :rodent:

:lol: My "bf" said the same thing!! LOL He thinks I'm crazy for taking so many pictures of the ring, in every angle/light/backdrop possible hahaha They just don't understand our fixation on blingy things!! :cheeky:

BTW Beautiful ring!! :love: Congratulations!

:mrgreen: :naughty:
I also made him to email some pictures to his dad, and he wrote in the email saying ' these are just some of those 500 pictures...'

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
not sure how to capture the sparkling shots, maybe I should do that under daylight..

OMG I love that first one especially - I love how you captured those colors!!

And HUGE congrats on your engagement!!! Gosh I wish AVCs were around when I first got engaged - your bf definitely did the right thing letting you choose - your stone and setting are beeeeautiful!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
Love Street|1296705212|2841542 said:
not sure how to capture the sparkling shots, maybe I should do that under daylight..

OMG I love that first one especially - I love how you captured those colors!!

And HUGE congrats on your engagement!!! Gosh I wish AVCs were around when I first got engaged - your bf definitely did the right thing letting you choose - your stone and setting are beeeeautiful!

thank you!! I'm now waiting for a sunny weekend to get more pictures..and of course someone will again call me crazy :naughty:

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
LtlFirecracker|1296699549|2841467 said:
Beautiful ring! I laughed about your statement about you BF and previous gifts as I can relate. My husband refused to pick out my setting and only got my stone after he found out what I wanted by "spying" on me on PS.

As for the size, I agree with DS. Try it on with a band, and try to get a feel for it in a warm environment before you decide it is too big.

I also wished my bf would do some spying job on my browsing histories..since that's never going to be the case, I had to depend on myself.
but, glad he gave me this chance :love:

and thanks again for the size advice. I will wait a bit to see how it goes. actually I already started looking for wb..when I picked this setting, I tried a five stone band and loved it. here are some more 'sample' pictures:
the band is 0.75 total weight

P1070075.JPG

P1070076.JPG

samples.jpg

ZhenyaH

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. :love: :love:

I really like the look with an eternity band but just make sure that the diamonds aren't touching your eband's prongs. I had no idea that my eternity band was "eating" away my platinum ering's prongs until the diamond fell out (and lost forever). I got a replacement diamond but I also got a custom sized spacer to ensure that the shared prong eternity band dose not touch the ering's prongs.

Absolutely love AVC! I should've waited getting my replacement diamond. :naughty:

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
ZhenyaH|1296962430|2844541 said:
Congratulations! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. :love: :love:

I really like the look with an eternity band but just make sure that the diamonds aren't touching your eband's prongs. I had no idea that my eternity band was "eating" away my platinum engagement ring's prongs until the diamond fell out (and lost forever). I got a replacement diamond but I also got a custom sized spacer to ensure that the shared prong eternity band dose not touch the engagement ring's prongs.

Absolutely love AVC! I should've waited getting my replacement diamond. :naughty:

Thank you, ZhenyaH!!

about the eternity band, that's the same thing I'm worried about. Sorry about your loss.. I'm also thinking of getting a spacer (1 or 1.5mm platinum band from etsy), because my ering's prongs and shank are pretty thin already, I don't wanna do any damage to it. but I do like the 5 stone band's look, can't say NO to the sparkles!
I even thought about getting two wedding bands..a plain one and an eternity band, then with ering I wear them together..but BF called me crazy, AGAIN.
We have to see...

ZhenyaH

Rough_Rock
If you decide to get a spacer, make sure it's tall enough so that it won't "sink" below your wedding band. I had it custom made so that it'll be thin enough so that it'll "disappear" but also tall enough so that the top of the spacer reaches the bottom of the wedding band's shared prongs. I hope that makes sense. :confused:

One advantage of getting a spacer with an eternity band is that your e-ring's diamond doesn't cover your eternity band so much so you show more blings!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just beautiful!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nadiamo|1296707071|2841568 said:

I also wished my bf would do some spying job on my browsing histories..since that's never going to be the case, I had to depend on myself.

and thanks again for the size advice. I will wait a bit to see how it goes. actually I already started looking for wb..when I picked this setting, I tried a five stone band and loved it. here are some more 'sample' pictures:

Love that band with your ering! Is that band at GOG as well?

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
MissGotRocks|1297027742|2845057 said:
nadiamo|1296707071|2841568 said:

Love that band with your engagement ring! Is that band at GOG as well?

Yes it's from GOG. I haven't started my wedding band shopping yet, so I'm not sure if I will get it from GOG or not

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Do you happen to remember the style number of your setting? It's Gorgeous! I can't seem to find it on their website now though :(sad

I really love your stone too it flashes beautiful colors :love:

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
Grlsbestfrnd|1298957800|2861845 said:
Do you happen to remember the style number of your setting? It's Gorgeous! I can't seem to find it on their website now though :(sad

sorry Grlsbestfrnd I really couldn't find any item number for it even on the appraisal report. It just says original GOG white platinum mounting. You could always shoot an email to Jonathan with my picture, I'm sure he will give you a better answer.
and thanks for your nice comment! :twirl:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for responding! I'll propobably do exactly what you suggested. And again, I LOVE your ring. The stone and setting together are perfect, congrats!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
nadiamo|1298984499|2861918 said:

sorry Grlsbestfrnd I really couldn't find any item number for it even on the appraisal report. It just says original GOG white platinum mounting. You could always shoot an email to Jonathan with my picture, I'm sure he will give you a better answer.
Gorgeous, gorgeous ring. An AVC is on my short wish list.

Just curious about the "original GOG white platinum" part. Wondering what other colors platinum comes in other than white? :naughty:

surfingartist

Rough_Rock
Hi Nadiamo!

I am also getting an AVC from GOG and was wondering- would you mind sharing how much the setting is roughly? I am considering something similar and need it fast, and would rather do it through them all at once.

Thanks for your help!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
I think it's around 1200 for platinum. about 900 something for white gold.
but since it's not a designer brand setting, there won't be much discount when buying the diamond together.
I believe there is another brand called ve... (sorry I can't remember) they carries has a pretty similar setting too. for platinum is like 1500+.

hope this helps a bit and good luck on your purchase!!

surfingartist|1299124248|2863512 said:
Hi Nadiamo!

I am also getting an AVC from GOG and was wondering- would you mind sharing how much the setting is roughly? I am considering something similar and need it fast, and would rather do it through them all at once.

Thanks for your help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's similar to the Vatche Caroline which is around $1700 in platinum, don't know about wg. This one is considerably less!

SilverFire

Rough_Rock
That's a beautiful diamond. Just out of curiosity how much was the setting?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your AVC is truly stunning! :lickout:

Cy2009cy

Rough_Rock
OMG.... I love AVC so much!
Your ring is AMAZING! Post all your 500 pictures pls :love:

isabetta

Rough_Rock
I'm a couple of months behind, but couldn't help but comment. I've been drooling over the AVC and just told my boyfriend that AVC is the diamond I want, but I can't find a setting from GOG that is delicate and dainty the way I like it.This setting is perfect!!!!!!!! I hope you don't mind I saved the picture of the setting to give to him, so he can show GOG when the time comes :). :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results