shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you spot the colour ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I helped my mum get her 2 ct RB re-set recently. After the job was completed, my jeweller told me that the stone was actually a K or L. Now I''d always noticed the slight yellow tint but would never have thought that it was K or L. BTW, the stone was bought more than 20 years ago before certification existed in Singapore. I was quite surprised that it faced up so white.

Well....here it is modelled on my hand. Mum has larger fingers....

Mum2ct_1.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another shot...

Mum2ct_2.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a comparison shot with my H colour RB (mine is the one on top)...

Mum2ct_3.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful stone! It looks fabulous!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I spot the color in the pictures? Only barely... since you gave a good clue what to look for. Otherwise, I would have probably said.. I''m seeing things !
5.gif

Beautiful rings btw. Both of them.

Just wondering.. about your ex-pear diamond: was it cartified J? Judging from the few pictures of it, something like O-P comes to mind.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ana,
Yes the pear was certified. Take a look at these other shots of it against the RB. Sometimes, the warmth on the pear is very obvious but sometimes it isn't as bad...like in these shots...which is why I just had to change it...the colour just drove me beserk on some of my shallow, self-indulgent days
7.gif
8.gif
7.gif

Pear&RB.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another shot of the pear where the warmth isn't so overwhelming...the beauty of rounds is they are so much more forgiving of colour than some of the fancy shapes...

MorePear.JPG

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Diadiva,
they are all amazing.......................... you must have a good pair of sunglasses to handle all of that bling! I will have to see if my mom has any jewelery kicking around that needs updating
emteeth.gif
but nothing as gorgeous as yours!!!
What is your ring size?? The 2ct looks like 3!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s a beautiful stone. it reminds me a lot of the stone that was in my grandmothers ring. We never had it certified but you could see a tint next to my G and I''d guess it to be K-L or even M because of the visible color, even just a tint..It''s really lovely though
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am a white stone fan but your mom''s ring faces up so white for the color! I think the new setting is beautiful and classic. Good job!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Honestly I am having a difficult time telling these colors apart--online and in person. On the weekend, I tried on an Ideal 4.01 K and it was absolutely wonderful--had a delightful warm mad sparkle that was very soothing!!!!

Lovely rings DiaDiva!

cheers--Sharon

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DiaDiva,

I agree with Ana. I can spot the color (most easily in the 2nd pic) but mostly because you gave us the cue to look for it. Otherwise I''d say it looks around the same color as your H stone. Diamonds show up a little bit differently in every pic, and some may look tinted that are really quite white IRL so it''s very hard to tell from photos alone. I do think it faces up quite white!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great to me, yes I could see a hint of color but barely!! Awesome stone!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone. I''ve just started loving rounds again. They are so forgiving of colour. Too bad they cost so much more than most fancies.

Hi Sophie, I wear 5.5 on my ring finger. I think I''m probably a 6 on the middle finger where I was wearing mum''s ring.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my mum''s 2ct back in its original e-ring setting. She wanted it returned to its earlier setting after my dad died last month.

What do you think of this setting? It''s yellow gold, with a halo of baguettes and some RBs inside the baguette halo. She had 2 rings made in this same setting - one 1ct in white gold and this one in yellow gold. Both rings are more than 20 years old.

YG1.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot...

YG2.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Last shot...

YG3.JPG

susi

Shiny_Rock
DiaDiva, I think your ring is lovely and so full of history....I know you treasure it!

These ballerina style rings were quite popular in the 1970's-80's...at least, I remember seeing a lot of them, then. It could be that they were around before then ( and after) and I just did not pick up on this style until then.

The slight tint of color just really goes with the mounting style and yellow gold, don't you think? Certainly, near colorless stones with a slight tint were prized both then as now with personal preference the rule on what a lady selected. This, of course, is still the case.

How wonderful to have a keepsake heirloom from your family that is sooooo beautiful!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drool! Warmers stones can be soooo beautiful, thanks for the pics.

Idealistic

Shiny_Rock
Could hardly tell the color difference.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t see the color next to the eternity band, but I could spot the color next to your RB solitaire. It faces up really white.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone. Yes, it really does have quite a bit of history. I remember as a child that whenever dad had spare cash, he''d splurge on their anniversaries, mum would get a nice piece of jewellery. Now that he''s gone, the pieces he bought her serve as another means of remembering him. In spite of the fact that I''m not a fan of YG (and neither is my mum), we''ll never change this setting anymore.

Maria

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the rings are gorgeous!!! Very nice collection of diamonds!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks lovely back in it''s original setting. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I know the rings give your mom some fond memories.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results