shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you predict break-ups before the wedding??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I've got a pretty good prediction rate. Sometimes it makes me sad because I think they might make it if they tried harder. And sometimes it makes me happy because I know that breaking up is best for them. One of my good friends just broke up with her fiance, I was so worried they'd marry cause I knew it would end in divorce. It would have been his 4th marriage and he was still repeating the same mistakes over and over with her that he made with his ex-wives. Finally she saw that he just wasn't going to change and that the other three (ex-wives) were on to something. I was so happy when I heard the news as she wanted kids with him and he already has 4 he ignores.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty good at spotting the relationships with problems whether or not they actually split up for good.

I also don't see marrying someone fast as a red flag, I've seen more trouble from 10 year relationships that seem to sink fast after they tie the knot!

I would have quite happily married my husband after a few months with no doubts whatsoever (I was his first serious gf so he needed more time).
A woman I worked with met her zoologist husband at a party one Friday night, at the end of the night he told her that he was going back to South Africa at the end of the week so would she like to marry him? She accepted, told her parents at lunch the next day, got married on the Wednesday and then moved to Africa where she spent the next 3 years living in a tent and studying hyenas... they've been together 36 years, have 3 kids and are still very happy.
Another couple I know got engaged after 2 days, married 8 weeks later and now have a 2 year-old daughter and are trying for a second baby.
My parents got engaged after 2 weeks, married within 6 months and just celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary. My father is 10 years older than my mother - she was 21 when they married. They are one of the happiest couples I know. I did ask my father what he would say if my youngest sister was to turn up with some guy she's known for 2 weeks and say she was getting hitched and he did pull a face...

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I've been pretty accurate in my predictions, sadly. A friend of ours married a girl from Serbia, after meeting her once (she was a friend of his family in Serbia). We all knew was just trying to get citizenship, but he didn't believe it, and married her anyway. She made his life hell, had an affair, then divorced him and left him with nothing.

Another friend was engaged to a girl who was 10 years younger (He was 32, she was 22) and that he had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with. She hated hanging out with his friends and would physically get "sick" anytime she had to be around us. The engagement lasted 6 months. I always knew they would never actually make it down the aisle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results