shape
carat
color
clarity

Can U Spare a BARN??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Deco, it''s gorgeous. Perfect. I''m excited for you!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I love it.. I guess I''d better stash my bridezilla lead pipe for the next PSer in need. I''m so glad you''re getting your dream.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Those pictures are great! It really looks fantastic, I am so very happy for you that it''s working out!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Oh stop worrying! That location is amazing!! I can just imagine it in the fall with all the leaves chaning color, your ceremony by the stream with the little stone bridge...it''s going to be so special!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco everything about that barn is just awesome! I love the view from the back, the way the back of the barn looks - the way they decorate for weddings inside - it looks gorgeous and so fun!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay ... is this just wrong of me to want? Just imagine it with a TINY map and TINY hotel recommendations and itsy bitsy RSVP website/phone # card.

Hmmm. Dern it. Probably wouldn''t work.

bbqinvites.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am sure you''ve seen this pic and the others like it on brides.com, but i thought i''d post it anyway. i fell in love with the color scheme!!

001_primaryBARNdeco.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I rarely visit this forum but just read through this thread and want to say I LOVE the barn. It''s going to be such a great wedding location and atmosphere. Hubby and I were married outdoors at an historic mansion but our rehersal dinner was a BBQ/pool party at the YMCA I used to work at. IT was a blast and everyone loved how relaxed and casual it was. All the children family in town for the wedding were so grateful to be able to run and play and we were able to wear them out so they''d be tired and sit through the wedding the next day
11.gif
Oct. is such a great time of year to get married too.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
JCROW!! Thanks so much for posting that!!! I hadn''t seen it ... but was thinking yesterday about serving apple cider & apple cider donuts to guests as they arrive!! I''m gonna totally steal that display for ''em!

(Our "barn" place is on an orchard & we have access to all the apples we can pick for decoration -- gonna do a "day before picnic & barn decorating" trip for a couple friends/sister & myself I think!

Most of the spread is a little more elegant than we''re doing - but awesome ideas! I''ve got to search out more "barn wedding" articles ... hmmm!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, you are SO welcome!! i thought for sure you had seen it!!
i was seriously addicted to these barn decor pics for a while!! end the end, though, all i really took away from it was my color scheme...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, i LOVE how they did a wreath of apples around the cider jars. LOVE that!!

did you check out the Laser-cut wood napkin rings??

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Deco! I was hoping you''d get this venue, and now seeing the photos of it makes me even happier for you. This place is going to be incredible for a reception.

Jcrow - Thanks for that link! I LOVE the colors and the decor in these barn shots. *saves*

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 11:30:32 PM
Author: decodelighted
Okay ... is this just wrong of me to want? Just imagine it with a TINY map and TINY hotel recommendations and itsy bitsy RSVP website/phone # card.

Hmmm. Dern it. Probably wouldn''t work.
Yes, it would! You would just have to include TINY magnifying glasses!
2.gif

Congrats on getting the barn! It looks awesome! I can''t wait to see everything else you plan for your barn wedding.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 12:29:34 AM
Author: jcrow
did you check out the Laser-cut wood napkin rings??
They were AMAZING! That whole set-up was flawless!

I think we're going a little more kitchy/casual/(read:cheapo) ... I'm hoping for "fun" since I def can't have "flawless"
2.gif

Thanks again for posting this. I'm such a spaz I hadn't even looked on Brides.com yet. Though I did start working on my Knot stuff (
20.gif
I am turning into some kind of alien version of myself).
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
The scenery around the barn is gorgeous, I like the little lake where the ceremony will be! And I''m picturing it with all this beautiful fall foliage...it''ll be breathtaking!
Very happy that you two were able to find such a perfect place - I hope it all works out well for you guys!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I have the weirdest feeling I''ve been to a wedding at that place about 10 years ago, or someplace that looks VERY much like it. There was a pond, and fields, and the set-up was exactly like that. It was in upstate New York but I can''t remember the town. Where is it?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god...out of all the wedding planning I''ve seen, yours is a wedding that I would love to attend! A "matrimonial hoe-down?" How absolutely brilliant, REAL and FUN!!! I can''t imagine people not letting their hair down and having a blast at your wedding.

I just love love love the idea, and am happy for you that you got the place.
36.gif
BTW, if you do end up with October 7, we''ll be getting married on the same weekend...except that I am going Friday, October 6. Southern California is really nice that time of year too.

Congratulations!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, the ideas that are coming together are just fabulous. can i come?
31.gif
2.gif

ETA: what if I bring Taylor Hicks as my date
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 3:52:06 PM
Author: Selkie
Deco, I have the weirdest feeling I''ve been to a wedding at that place about 10 years ago, or someplace that looks VERY much like it. There was a pond, and fields, and the set-up was exactly like that. It was in upstate New York but I can''t remember the town. Where is it?

Wow. I wonder if it WAS the same place?? Was it APPLE BARN FARM in Livingston, NY (near Hudson)??? Was it fun? Spill the details, gal ....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 4:05:21 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Oh my god...out of all the wedding planning I''ve seen, yours is a wedding that I would love to attend! BTW, if you do end up with October 7, we''ll be getting married on the same weekend...except that I am going Friday, October 6.

WHOO HOOO!!!! Weekend wedding buds 4-EVAH! (That''s the best complement too!! THANKS!)

I think it''s it! We''re doing it! Locked & Loaded & the official countdown begins ...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 5:32:48 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Can i come if I bring Taylor Hicks as my date
3.gif
LOL!!
36.gif
That''s the way to STOP the wedding, Mrssalvo!
31.gif
Once that Greybird gets a look at me in my dress, well -- there''d be some tough choices to make, wouldn''t there. HA HA HA. (just kiddin'', Decosbeau).

On a side note ... last night I was google searching for more "hudson valley" barn wedding ideas and guess what came up ON THE FIRST PAGE (top 10 search listings). THIS THREAD!!! Looking for inspiration & found my own wedding plans ... heelarious! (I hope I''m inspired by me)
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:02:07 PM

WHOO HOOO!!!! Weekend wedding buds 4-EVAH! (That''s the best complement too!! THANKS!)

I think it''s it! We''re doing it! Locked & Loaded & the official countdown begins ...
Congrats on the locked and loaded! It will get here fast...just a shade over 5 months and counting....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:14:01 PM
It will get here fast...just a shade over 5 months and counting....

ACK! You''re right! I woke up thinking about dress shopping ... and dieting. Somehow not having "a date" made stuff seem so far, far away. And now - all of a sudden - it seems SO CLOSE, SO VERY CLOSE!!!

Maybe it was when I found myself standing in a freezer full of pig carcasses talking to "the pig roast" salesrep ... and she was telling me that if I wanted a pig less than 89 lbs. they''d have to KILL IT TODAY (& freeze it) ... cause all the pigs were gaining weight & would cost more closer to the date. AIIGGGH. Maybe someone should freeze me so I at least stay this size & don''t plump before October!!!
23.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Deco - I came across another knottie with a Barn Reception - Adrienne2006

3468%3B%3B%3B76%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3255%3E8%3C7%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D323367%3B%3A89%3A33nu0mrj
3468%3B%3B%3B76%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3255%3E8%3C7%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D323367%3B%3A8%3A%3C36nu0mrj
3468%3B%3B%3B76%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3255%3E8%3C7%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D323367%3B%3A8%3A%3C36nu0mrj

Scintillating...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
So how''s that planning coming along Deco? Are you beginning to feel a bit freaked that time is going so fast too? Only 3.75 months to go before our wedding weekends....

I actually thought of you too yesterday when my cousin dragged me to the bookstore to get decorating ideas for the wedding. I wanted non floral centerpieces. They had a photo of a fruit centerpieces with pinecones mixed in that really fun and colorful for a barn wedding (it was in fact showcased in a barn wedding).

I would have so much fun doing a barn reception! I am so goofy, that my friends would have to reel me in from getting too tacky...but sometimes tacky CAN be so cute and fun! It''s also a lot easier for me to put together tacky than classy...hehehehehe...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 5:21:59 PM
Author: Scintillating
Hey Deco - I came across another knottie with a Barn Reception - Adrienne2006
Scintillating...

Thanks Scintillating!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 5:47:05 PM
So how's that planning coming along Deco? Are you beginning to feel a bit freaked that time is going so fast too? Only 3.75 months to go before our wedding weekends.......
AIIIGHH!!!!! That's how it's going!!! We had a busy spurt & now a lull - but GEEZ ... gotta get back to work!!!

They had a photo of a fruit centerpieces with pinecones mixed in that really fun and colorful for a barn wedding (it was in fact showcased in a barn wedding).
Hmmm. Our venue comes with "all the free apples we can pick" & I've planned a "decorate the barn" day-before gathering of any girlfriends & sisters I can wrangle ... soooooo. With our budget, I have a feeling APPLES are gonna play a big part in the decor. (Luckily lights are already hung in the rafters so no day before ladder accidents - fingers crossed)

I would have so much fun doing a barn reception! It's also a lot easier for me to put together tacky than classy...hehehehehe...
Hee hee, INDEED. MEEEEE TOOOO. Only I call "tacky" KITCHY and pretend its uberHIP.
11.gif
3.gif
31.gif
Don't tell on me!!
12.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 12:33:07 PM

Hee hee, INDEED. MEEEEE TOOOO. Only I call ''tacky'' KITCHY and pretend its uberHIP.
11.gif
3.gif
31.gif
Don''t tell on me!!
12.gif
LOL!
3.gif
Well, I can''t wait to see your "tacky/kitchy" wedding Deco! I think it is going to rock!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Deco,

Ok I have to say, I REALLY love those little box things with the animals in them. God. It''s so the true me. I love little plastic figurines of animals, it one of my little quirks. When I was doing my master''s my boyfriend bought me a little set of toy dinosaurs which I put on my desk. Love dinos. My other dark, geeky secret.

So are the boxes invites? So original. Unbelieveable
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results