shape
carat
color
clarity

Can U Spare a BARN??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 2:44:11 PM
Author: Mara
deco i remember an article i saw when we were planning, it was a rehearsal dinner in a barn and it was awesome, beautiful, the photos were taken from the door of the barn and they used long tables to work with the lines of the barn, stunning and so romantic when lit by all candles....i was like oh we should do a barn wedding but of course around here any barn i saw was falling apart from 20 years of neglect, nothing like a wedding barn or anything so oh well. but i love the idea!!!

Thanks Pie-mate! I def. like the long table idea, maybe even picnic tables since we''d be doing a BBQ, campfire, Matramonial HOE-DOWN kinda thing-a-ma-jig.

My fiance knows some folks with a barn, so he took me to check it out ... there were, I swear, plastic blow up Simpsons dolls cramming the "office" windows. Not to mention the broken down cars littering the property. Since they''re old family friends, we can''t exactly ask them to "clean up the joint" and NO WAY, NO HOW would it work "as is." Harumph. (It was sooooooo Huckleberry Pie.)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh ohhhhh. Maybe progress!!!

After a lengthy "let''s get married in Italy" diversion ... we''ve been back on the "Barn Hunt". And just today my Sweetie found a link through a link of a place that''s PERFECT. And I called and they had a cancellation for the BEST WEEKEND OF THE YEAR in the Hudson Valley.

AIIGGHHH. I''m so excited. It''s in budget ... they''d do most of the work ... it''s a date sandwiched in between my sister''s b-day and my parent''s wedding anniversary ... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it.

Catch.

One other local gal already looked at it. The scheduler wants to give her one last chance to put a deposit down before giving the weekend to us! I feel like such a grinch because I was like IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE YOU NOT MAKE THAT CALL AND JUST LET US HAVE THE DATE ... but, no, she''s gonna call them tonight & find out their decision.

If they pass, or don''t agree to put a depost down TOMORROW -- I''m driving over & snapping that sucker UP!

Too afraid to post details until I''ve locked it ... OH PLEASE PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
OH!!! Good Luck Deco!!!! I wish I could go over there and bash that other girl in the knees! *LOOK WHAT WEDDING PLANNING HAS TURNED ME INTO*
14.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 5:35:26 PM
Author: AmberWaves
OH!!! Good Luck Deco!!!! I wish I could go over there and bash that other girl in the knees! *LOOK WHAT WEDDING PLANNING HAS TURNED ME INTO*
14.gif

I KNOW!!! I went into my old "talk show booking" mode ... I was ready to beg, borrow, steal, bribe. But I can understand her sense of loyalty -- the other girl had been there in person. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let them not leave a deposit!!! (Or maybe for karma's sake I should wish .. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let them have found somewhere they like more!)

I am literally crawling out of my skin. The anticipation - the not knowing - the WANT!!!!

This would FINALLY START THE BALL ROLLING ... everything hinges on location/date ... I feel like such a wedding-planning-loser!!! (Partially 'cause I'm jaded/not that into the "party" part of gettin hitched & partially cause I just haven't been able to figure it OUT!)

AIIIGHHH. PRIMAL SCREAM!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i will send you lots of getthebarn vibes. but without the stinky manure.

keep us posted!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Me too!!

Get the barn!
Get the barn!
Get the barn!
Get the barn!

You''ll know tomorrow? Good luck getting some SLEEP tonight--I''m sure it will be all you can think about!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Crossing all my fingers and toes that you get it.

Hopefully you''ll know soon cuz it''s awfully hard to type like this.
3.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you get the barn, Deco! *fingers crossed*

My family holds an annual reunion at our home and we use the barn for food and seating. The fridge gets wheeled out for drinks, and the whole crew fits in there nicely. Usually it only takes about five minutes for the little kids to swipe all of the baby carrots from the veggie trays to give to my horses.
40.gif
We''ve used the barn for graduation parties for my brother and I as well. Always a fun place for a get together... maybe I can hold a future reception there???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NEWS?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 5:09:52 PM
NEWS?
YEAH - NEWS?

It''s TOMORROW. We NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to know.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope you guys get it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 5:09:52 PM
NEWS?

Weeeeeellllllll. We kinda got it! HURRAY!!! Omigosh, it''s just perfect -- EXACTLY what I''d pictured & he''d okayed. And I put a "holding" deposit down for Saturday, October 7th -- the absolute best weekend in our area because it''s leaf-changin'' time .. AND a holiday weekend ... AND still temperate but gorgeous & fall-ish.

However ... it''s much more expensive than I''d budgeted for location/coordination/help --''cause the place kind of acts as a "general contractor" for the whole deal & charges up the yin-yang -- but says they can bring the whole thing in at the price we want ... it''s just hard to adjust to seeing the #s differently ... not with padded food/drink costs - but "actual" costs of that stuff with the mark-up built into the location/services. I have to keep my eye on the "big picture". The whole deal will be XXX - so it shouldn''t matter how it''s broken up?? But because of my slight hesitation, and because the Sweetie is in California on biz until Sat ... I DIDN''T sign "the contract". Deposit - yes. Contract - not yet. So we''re not "announcing" the date yet until we work out all the details & get the final "estimate" #s. Trying not to get TOO excited or stressed. Oh I so hope we can make the #s & a semi-ok version of our "vision" jibe. (I guess that''s true for ALL brides!!
20.gif
Duh!)

Hmmmm - did I mention she''s trying to get us to do a 2 hour "square dance" in the middle of the reception.
23.gif
Kitchy? Yup! Humiliating? Guaranteed! Chance of happening? Uh, 5% - at best!

Gonna try to post some pix!

p.s -- THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE GET-THE-BARN VIBES !!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! That is great news, can''t wait to see pics of it!!!
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
View of barn & it''s porch from straight on ...

barnoutside.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the balcony of the barn which they also set up with tables ... it''s hard to get a sense of the layout from the pictures they have on line but there is a big downstairs and a smaller balcony upstairs ... then buffet & bar on the big porch outside ... extra picnic tables on the lawn beyond the porch ... and then a fire pit off to one side with a circle of hay bales for folks to chill on ...

barnbalconywtables.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the view out the BACK door of the barn ... near where the ceremony would take place ...

viewofpondfrombarn.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is how they usually set up the ceremony ... near a pond & little stone bridge (not obvious from the pix, but is in person)

We want to buy a specific black iron arbor with 2 lovebirds on top, use it as the focal point of the ceremony, then put it in our yard around our front gate.

ceremonyoutside.jpg

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
YAY Deco, that is great news!! I hope that everything works out! BTW, I really love the Barn idea, very nice!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the fire pit ... which is visible from the porch & hopefully will be another place to hang out ..

firepitwpeople.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This kinda shows how tall & rustic the ceiling is ...and how it looks lit up (view from the balcony)

vaultedceilingoverdancefloor.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh its soooo cute. yay!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the view of the back of the barn from the ceremony site ... that door that looks so small is actually HUGE ... I believe the "pig-roasting" will be set up back there.

backofbarn.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is similar to the arbor I saw at a garden shop near me ... don''t know if they still sell ''em though ... may have to be a plainer one (we have white picket fence).

birdarboridea.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oh deco I love it!!!!! esp the ceiling, it''s so airy looking and you can decorate it easily too!! and the ceremony site is gorgeous... I think the iron arbor will be a great touch.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

griffitk

Rough_Rock
Love it!!! That setting is beautiful and perfect! :) It will be a beautiful wedding! :)

Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun is that?? Love the iron arbor idea too. You sure picked a great spot!!!! It will be a blast I''m sure. Also loved the fire pit.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Deco, that is just SO cute!

I''m really jazzed for you, and I''m sure that you''ve got it. $$ talks, yanno.....not as much as LEMON PIE, of course
2.gif
, but it works as a good 2nd choice.
11.gif

So, so happy that your vision is coming together. I''m a firm believer in "what''s meant to be will be."

YAY!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 10:33:41 PM
Author: aljdewey
So, so happy that your vision is coming together. I''m a firm believer in ''what''s meant to be will be.''

Me too ... but sometimes I have to remind myself to believe firmly & let go!

THANKS for all the support guys! I was researching stuff/details etc all last night and could hardly sleep. A tiny BRIDEZILLA is growing inside me, like a cheap SeaMonkey ... may it quickly be snuffed out and float peacefully to the top of my life, be scooped out and flushed you know where.

So tired today ... toss/turn/stress ...
23.gif
Big Picture. Big Picture -- awesome Fiance, adorable doggie, generally tolerable cats, creaky old house falling down around me, e-ring in "the shop" for repair, bum car, and a scary lack of freelance gigs ... AIIIGHH back to worrying!
32.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks sooooooo perfect!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

YAY FOR BARNS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
deco!!! the barn is super
emstar.gif
good luck working everything out as far as the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results