shape
carat
color
clarity

Can PS blogs please be credited to actual author?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest blog, which claims to be authored by PriceScopeKayti, was most definitely neither authored nor edited by PriceScopeKayti, whoever that individual is.

How do I know this?

The newest couple of blogs are crudely written. Verbiage and grammar are poor, and content is some combination of meandering and/or factually-incorrect... This is simply not how PriceScopeKayti used to write. The differences between current content and content of three months ago is stark. (For what it's worth, I posted an edit of the WG entry on RT a few weeks ago and most of my recommendations re. content were ignored).

My request is to please either ascribe PS articles to actual author, or remove the specific name "Kayti" from a group-based author ID.

@Ella @psadmin @Garry H (Cut Nut)

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously. I write a ton of blog posts for various companies and it sucks when I don't receive credit. Buuuuut, it's something you have to negotiate up front. Sometimes I'm just happy to get the work and sometimes I don't actually want my name associated with the company.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This also is a bit off topic, but kinda the same, and don’t want to do a pile on, but I’ll report it to @psadmin here anyways
31CFE213-E613-4BA6-8D81-5EDA21405EF6.jpeg
I also don’t think I contributed to this bizarro inaccurate posting to be credited towards, for Pricescope’s Instagram?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another piece from Caysie van Bebber (www.cvbinspireddesign.com) that was incorrectly credited to a different jeweller.

Whoever manages the PRICESCOPEINC account should be thoroughly ashamed.

Pricescope is a huge and well-known site in the online jewellery world, and an account bearing the name will be considered an authority.

Highlighting jewellers' works of art, and then not just failing to credit that jeweller - but outright mis-crediting that work - twice - is appallingly irresponsible and unfair. The author quite obviously just read the thread title and grabbed a pretty photo and couldn't be bothered with the actual text, and whoever manages this account has an obligation to do more than that.

I'm disgusted. Poor Caysie.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...s-thread-please-add-yours.239995/post-4319594

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely inaccurate.
Mods/admin - That's not from DBL. This is @dreamer_dachsie's ring from Caysie van Bebber - https://cvbinspireddesign.com (site current under reconstruction, but eponymous shop on Etsy).

@Rfisher I commented on the post in Insta. I hope that's okay - I really hate to see vendors not get credit for their work.

Ok by me.
But it looks like they may not have enabled public comments?
I’m still waiting on @dreamer_dachsie
to post a shot of her gorgeous ring. Especially now that her RBC sides are cut reminiscent of princess cuts :lol:

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This also is a bit off topic, but kinda the same, and don’t want to do a pile on, but I’ll report it to @psadmin here anyways
31CFE213-E613-4BA6-8D81-5EDA21405EF6.jpeg
I also don’t think I contributed to this bizarro inaccurate posting to be credited towards, for Pricescope’s Instagram?

The only think correct in this entire post is that it's a vintage inspired 3 stone! :lol: Goes downhill from there.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread strikes me as somewhat inappropriately humiliating to PS admin.
Instead of a public thread, I think reporting these concerns directly and privately to admin would have been more considerate - especially considering how much PS contributes to the lives of so many of us regulars.

While one cannot unring a bell, I have told admin that this is a thread they may want to read.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s fair, @kenny. You’re right, a private message would have been more appropriate. The blog author opacity is a small irritation, but those Instagram posts made me outright angry and I reacted.

It is not PS admins who are responsible for either issue raised in this thread. Happily, PS admins certainly have the authority to change methodologies and eliminate incompetence and unfairness. I am reporting this post to have this thread deleted once those who need to be alerted have been.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t realize PS had an IG... my hand is on their page. I get that it’s more or less what I get for posting here but that feels weird.

Ditto. Until this thread I had no clue there was a PS IG though perhaps I should have realized.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Oh god I’m so happy I never posted a picture here yet. I would be upset to see my hand on their IG. Are pictures uploaded here PSs property?

Also I thank all the Pricescopers for sharing their pictures I’m just very specific about pictures I took being used by others.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh god I’m so happy I never posted a picture here yet. I would be upset to my hand on their IG. Are pictures uploaded here PSs property?

I think they are.
Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
Maybe this link will be helpful in determining the answer.

ETA:
"You understand and agree that we own, or (where applicable) we have lawfully licensed from third parties, all right, title, and interest in and to the Site and all of the Content. You acknowledge and agree that the Content constitutes valuable proprietary information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other proprietary rights, laws, and treaties of the United States and other countries, and that you acquire no ownership interest by accessing or using the Site or the Content. Such intellectual property and proprietary rights may include, but are not limited to, copyrights, trademarks and service marks, trade dress, and trade secrets, and all such rights are the property of Pricescope or its licensors and content providers."

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I've passed the information along to the owner and writer, thanks all.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are pictures uploaded here PSs property?

A platform declaring non-exclusive ownership of content that you willingly upload to that platform is very very common - I fully expect that PS works this way. Instagram works this way. I’m always surprised by photographers who post to Instagram!!

I personally don’t have any problem with PS using any photos I upload to PS for their own purposes, because I chose to share ownership of that material with the platform owners. Same with emailing vendors photos of finished pieces - those vendors can use those photos for whatever they want. I’m not happy when I see my photos used on random websites or blogs - photos that were clearly lifted from PS with no reference or link back to source or credit to jeweller!

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Your pictures are probably my most looked at pictures on PS, as your jewelry is so beautiful as are your photographing skills. So thank you very much for all you share here on pricescope!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures are probably my most looked at pictures on PS, as your jewelry is so beautiful as are your photographing skills. So thank you very much for all you share here on pricescope!

Truth!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread strikes me as somewhat inappropriately humiliating to PS admin.
Instead of a public thread, I think reporting these concerns directly and privately to admin would have been more considerate - especially considering how much PS contributes to the lives of so many of us regulars.

While one cannot unring a bell, I have told admin that this is a thread they may want to read.

I have a dumb question- how do you privately contact admin?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a dumb question- how do you privately contact admin?

Click the "report concern" button at the bottom left of your post and it will open a window where you can type a message.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Click the "report concern" button at the bottom left of your post and it will open a window where you can type a message.

Thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another blog ascribed to Kayti.

Just like the last, it features poor writing, poor grammar, and careless matching of words and visuals (that ain’t a French cut diamond, but the description says “French cut basket setting” - this is exactly the same laziness we saw in the PS Instagram content).

So - nothing’s changed.

C’mon, PS. Please demand better from your staff.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another blog ascribed to Kayti.

Just like the last, it features poor writing, poor grammar, and careless matching of words and visuals (that ain’t a French cut diamond, but the description says “French cut basket setting” - this is exactly the same laziness we saw in the PS Instagram content).

So - nothing’s changed.

C’mon, PS. Please demand better from your staff.

I think it's important to be correct and accurate about this because we use that description "French cut" quite a bit on PS. Even if it is not a PS description that was quoted, we can help by providing more description and explanation if this particular setting is chosen to be featured. Btw, the inaccuracy does not do PS any favors on social media in general. Can someone proof these posts before they are released? That might be helpful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results