shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I talk about CS of Victor Canera here?

^ mommy, what say you to VC rep Nicholas? If he hadn't lied in his email and told OP that FedEx had picked up the parcel, but instead had told her FedEx wasn't coming timely and that he had walked it down himself to ensure it went out that day ... none of this would have happened. OP and VC rep likely would have come to immediate terms about who owed what to whom, and that would have been that.

Not @Mrs_Strizzle here. But my response to Nicholas would be: "I understand you were trying to do a nice thing there and it blew up in your face. That sucks and it shouldn't have happened. I hope that this experience doesn't diminish the kindness inside you. "

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@marymm Should she have made sure she had her ducks in a row before asking for $? She was immediately refunded $. She somehow missed that, but thinks she deserves her rear kissed because it was 4 dollars off and she noticed in the following year (though wrong in her amount). She owes an apology for the same reasons she thinks she was owed one. In my world you don't accuse someone of ripping you off without being absolutely sure, especially someone you wish to continue to have a good relationship with.

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
Note to self: Unless I am a long-term, well-liked member of PS, don't even dare come on here with any complaints. Kind of feels like all the regular "popular" members teamed up and went at it towards the OP. Even going as far as wanting to have the thread shut down.

Yes, both parties are at fault. Misunderstandings and miscommunication definitely played a factor. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

It's NOT about the $4.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note to self: Unless I am a long-term, well-liked member of PS, don't even dare come on here with any complaints. Kind of feels like all the regular "popular" members teamed up and went at it towards the OP. Even going as far as wanting to have the thread shut down.

Yes, both parties are at fault. Misunderstandings and miscommunication definitely played a factor. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

It's NOT about the $4.

The fact is, nothing whatsoever would have happened had she not contacted them about a ridiculous $4 discrepancy (which they certainly didn't do on purpose) that happened months ago! So yes, it is about the $4. It should never have been mentioned 5 months later.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have actually uploaded and deleted my posts several times.
I just gotta say you cannot satisfy every customer. There are always unreasonable people who leave unreasonably negative reviews. You cannot argue with them.
I am sure VC is fully aware of this thread. I bet VC fully supports Nicholas.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know about anyone else, but for me, I said thank you when a vendor reply my email. I said “thank you for your fast response” if they reply me very quickly. I said thank you when a SA assist me. Those are their job, but I still appreciate everything someone else did for me. Moreover if someone give me free service which they could’ve charged me, I’ll appreciate them and say thank you. If in between, there’s a $4 difference, I’ll choose to let go, whether or not they really owe me that $4. So, yes its about $4. If its $400 means VC is a sneaky business that won’t refund your money. But $4!!!!! Come on!!!! Who the heck would want to deliberately sneak $4??? And as how this escalated like this, I 100% could understand because if 1 invoice became a police & BBB report, I wonder, what are the words were exchanged that we didn’t know???

Did VC team make a mistake? Yes, Nicholas should’ve told her at the first place that he was the one who dropped the package. He also should charge the service they give her, or told her “its actually cost $XXX but no worries” because some customers can’t be grateful if you don’t spell it out loud.
as for whoever said that this thread exists because OP doesn’t feel appreciated as a customer. When someone threatened you with a police report over an invoice, would you able to respect that person? Let alone appreciate.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I understand, its not the matter of $4 or $30 but the whole experience and mental health.

That was my initial response, but after reading more of the story which OP didn’t tell completely in the first post I was shocked

This was what she said:
I am sorry you only see it simply as $4, I hope integrity is not only worth $4. If you read my post you'd know I send to ask for $15 refund super quick, later realized it was $4. I also regretted asking bc I thought it didn't worth the hassle as well. I didn't keep asking when the CS said not to contact them anymore.

But later on we found out, she threatened to call police and make a BBB report, which she also admitted after Nicholas posted it.

Is PSer being biased here?

lillibear

Rough_Rock
The way I understand OP’s version is that she was sent an invoice for $30 because Nicholas said he walked the package to fedex even though it had been arranged to be picked up. However, he initially lied to OP, which he admitted on this forum, and told her fedex had picked up the package, thus causing OP to believe this $30 invoice was fraudulent. Hence the warning to call the police and BBB. At this point, Nicholas told her he was blocking her or sending her to spam... This issue was escalated because of Nicholas’ behavior. Whether or not you agree with OP for requesting the $4 she was owed, months after the transaction, it doesn’t excuse the fact that it was Nicholas’ lie that created the chaos that ensued.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
"Hi OP, Thank you for contacting Business X. While I cannot re-open a transaction that was settled last year, I'm happy to apply a $4 discount to your next purchase. We look forward to working with you again. Kind regards, your CSA"

Done.

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
The fact is, nothing whatsoever would have happened had she not contacted them about a ridiculous $4 discrepancy (which they certainly didn't do on purpose) that happened months ago! So yes, it is about the $4. It should never have been mentioned 5 months later

Yup. Thank you for confirming what I already read and saw on this thread.

The majority of regular members come on, with this holier-than-thou attitude, this "OMG I can't believe she would email our well-loved vendor X amount of months later over a measly $4. How dare she!". This "I would NEVER do something like that!, OP must be so petty, she must be this, she must be that, blah blah". Let's shut this thread down because her situation isn't deserving of anyone's time and energy.

Isn't PriceScope an open, public forum? For hundreds, if not thousands of people? People whom are different, with different personalities, different needs and wants, etc. Just because someone doesn't agree with OP's behaviour, or her opinion of her situation, doesn't make her deserving of some of these snide remarks.

Would I email a vendor months later asking for $4 back? Definitely not. Do I agree with each and every one of OPs actions, including the recent threats involving the BBB and police? No. But that doesn't make her initial concerns over what she perceives as poor customer service wrong either. I find it funny how people choose to be only focus on the $4 part, and make it all about that.

I have been on this forum for many years. But sometimes, its hard not to notice the groupy, mean girl vibes on here.

Anyways, (TO ME) it's NOT about the $4.

To each their own. Have a nice day.

Yup. Thank you for confirming what I already read and saw on this thread.

The majority of regular members come on, with this holier-than-thou attitude, this "OMG I can't believe she would email our well-loved vendor X amount of months later over a measly $4. How dare she!". This "I would NEVER do something like that!, OP must be so petty, she must be this, she must be that, blah blah". Let's shut this thread down because her situation isn't deserving of anyone's time and energy.

Isn't PriceScope an open, public forum? For hundreds, if not thousands of people? People whom are different, with different personalities, different needs and wants, etc. Just because someone doesn't agree with OP's behaviour, or her opinion of her situation, doesn't make her deserving of some of these snide remarks.

Would I email a vendor months later asking for $4 back? Definitely not. Do I agree with each and every one of OPs actions, including the recent threats involving the BBB and police? No. But that doesn't make her initial concerns over what she perceives as poor customer service wrong either. I find it funny how people choose to be only focus on the $4 part, and make it all about that.

I have been on this forum for many years. But sometimes, its hard not to notice the groupy, mean girl vibes on here.

Anyways, (TO ME) it's NOT about the $4.

To each their own. Have a nice day.
@Mixtress ... I believe the term is “cyber bullying“ or “online bullying.” There apparently is no maximum age limit.

Whoa, I'm sorry but this is BS. I have never sought out any business with this vendor so I have no dog in this race.

You are defending someone who admitted to threatening to file a police report so she could force an apology from someone and make them stop doing something that annoyed her. Not because she was in fear for her life or anything even close in severity. But because someone wasn't nice enough to her as a paying customer.

I've seen instances where dedicated customers shouted down any negative feedback about their beloved vendor. This is not one of those situations. Sorry, but you've bet on the wrong horse here.

Apologies for mixing metaphors.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@Mixtress ... I believe the term is “cyber bullying“ or “online bullying.” There apparently is no maximum age limit.

Cyberbullying refers to the misuse of information technology with the intention to harass others.
Cyberbullying : The use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature.

If the difference in opinion means cyberbullying in this forum. Now on I wouldn’t dare to express different opinion and I should agree of whatever others said?. I should just agree on whatever thread post even the OP didn’t give full story or even lied about whatever happened? If this is such forum, I’m out of this forum. Because I’m extremely opinionated person, if whatever I said became a cyberbullying which makes me a bad person, I’d rather not be such person, so I’m out. Have a great day!

Cyberbullying refers to the misuse of information technology with the intention to harass others.
Cyberbullying : The use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature.

If the difference in opinion means cyberbullying in this forum. Now on I wouldn’t dare to express different opinion and I should agree of whatever others said?. I should just agree on whatever thread post even the OP didn’t give full story or even lied about whatever happened? If this is such forum, I’m out of this forum. Because I’m extremely opinionated person, if whatever I said became a cyberbullying which makes me a bad person, I’d rather not be such person, so I’m out. Have a great day!

Oh, @munchee! Please don't let those posters make you feel like you've done anything wrong. You've been nothing but fair on your posts.

And thank you for addressing the misuse of the term "cyberbullying" here. I should have said something in my previous post too.

IMO, misusing the term "cyberbullying" as a way to shut down any further conversation is just as bad as all the alleged "mean girl" behaviors they're supposedly fighting against.

lillibear

Rough_Rock
I actually did not misuse the term. The definitions posted are not all encompassing. Each state and the federal government have different definitions for the term, and there are colloquial definitions. Having worked on cyber bullying cases, I can assure you the threshold behavior is not as high as you seem to appreciate.

Having said that, by no means did I intend to imply that every opposing opinion constituted cyber bullying. In fact, I was merely replying to a post which described the cyber bullying behavior. And if you think I care about shutting down a conversation, you delude yourself into thinking I care about any of this at all.

The truth is I just don’t understand why people have to be so nasty.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
Full disclosure: I have never had any business or social dealing with VC.

Its interesting that "bullying" has been brought up because I have felt from the beginning that the entire point of this thread was to bully VC because the OP wasn't happy with the customer service.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To anyone who might be wondering - I just removed my last post; this thread has devolved beyond redemption.

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
My previous comment about the "mean girl vibes" isn't only directed at this thread, but quite a few others I have come across in recent years. Anyways, like I have stated earlier, this thread has served as a reminder to self to never come on PriceScope with any customer-related concerns or complaints. Especially if your complaints involves a very small monetary value. Because as we now know, that's frowned upon here.

Alright, going to go back to quietly lurking in the background, admiring the bling and jewels posted on this site. I was feeling rather gutsy tonight, so I spoke up. I'm quite aware of who's who on this site, and I know where I stand.

:wavey: Bye, wishing everyone a happy and healthy year up ahead.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
My previous comment about the "mean girl vibes" isn't only directed at this thread, but quite a few others I have come across in recent years. Anyways, like I have stated earlier, this thread has served as a reminder to self to never come on PriceScope with any customer-related concerns or complaints. Especially if your complaints involves a very small monetary value. Because as we now know, that's frowned upon here.

Alright, going to go back to quietly lurking in the background, admiring the bling and jewels posted on this site. I was feeling rather gutsy tonight, so I spoke up. I'm quite aware of who's who on this site, and I know where I stand.

I hear you. I spoke up (precisely a year ago) about less than a mediocre service from one of "oh, so cherished vendors" on PS, and I met with mostly hostility and grudge on here (How dare I say something about them. They are the best! I must be at fault!). Well, it turned out I was not at fault. But I had to defend everything I wrote and experienced. It was like being on a trial.

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

No one should be "put back in their place" so I hope you will continue contributing more to this forum instead of just lurking. It is just a forum and not a measure of one's worth and importance. The majority of members here are helpful, polite, and own beautiful pieces and that alone makes it hard not to comment (compliment.)

Done ranting because it has nothing to do with the original post.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All vendors make mistakes, miss initial deadlines, miss an email, etc. I have been on here for 15 years which was before some of the vendors were here. I respect them enough that if I have a minor issue, I would NEVER come here to post and get back at them. To me, when one makes a decision to go after a vendor in that manner, they realize they are cutting ties with that vendor. Yes, Victor is one that I highly respect. I have seen very, very few complaints about his customer service or products over many years. I have several vendors that I have bought from multiple times. I've had few missed emails, a couple of projects finished late, but I extend grace towards those people because I am not perfect either!!! Their overall high quality and excellent products is what I choose to focus on, and I hope they would all say back to me that I am a good client with whom to work.

I have no problem with someone posting their beautiful item in Show Me the Bling and in the post say that there were a couple of small hiccups along the way, but they love their item and appreciate the vendor's work. Of course, we are very hard on lesser known vendors who do poor quality work.

So yes, I'll defend Victor any day over petty, absurd complaints posted on a public forum, and you can call me a bully all you want. I think I have friends on here who will tell you that's not true, either. I'll do the same for others on the thread who I know personally. But I'll stand on the principles that I have and defend an exemplary vendor when it's the client who is at fault.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you. I spoke up (precisely a year ago) about less than a mediocre service from one of "oh, so cherished vendors" on PS, and I met with mostly hostility and grudge on here (How dare I say something about them. They are the best! I must be at fault!). Well, it turned out I was not at fault. But I had to defend everything I wrote and experienced. It was like being on a trial.

There was one member who was harsh. Nearly everyone else supported and thanked you.I am confused that you mostly met with hostility.

What you wrote and posted in that thread was completely valid and respectful.

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All vendors make mistakes, miss initial deadlines, miss an email, etc. I have been on here for 15 years which was before some of the vendors were here. I respect them enough that if I have a minor issue, I would NEVER come here to post and get back at them. To me, when one makes a decision to go after a vendor in that manner, they realize they are cutting ties with that vendor. Yes, Victor is one that I highly respect. I have seen very, very few complaints about his customer service or products over many years. I have several vendors that I have bought from multiple times. I've had few missed emails, a couple of projects finished late, but I extend grace towards those people because I am not perfect either!!! Their overall high quality and excellent products is what I choose to focus on, and I hope they would all say back to me that I am a good client with whom to work.

I have no problem with someone posting their beautiful item in Show Me the Bling and in the post say that there were a couple of small hiccups along the way, but they love their item and appreciate the vendor's work. Of course, we are very hard on lesser known vendors who do poor quality work.

So yes, I'll defend Victor any day over petty, absurd complaints posted on a public forum, and you can call me a bully all you want. I think I have friends on here who will tell you that's not true, either. I'll do the same for others on the thread who I know personally. But I'll stand on the principles that I have and defend an exemplary vendor when it's the client who is at fault.

So perfectly said, @diamondseeker2006. Amen to all of this!

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

There was one member who was harsh. Nearly everyone else supported and thanked you.I am confused that you mostly met with hostility.

What you wrote and posted in that thread was completely valid and respectful.

I have very briefly counted at least 6 members - count again - at least 3 hostile, others were resentful. Furthermore, I have also said "The majority of members here are helpful, polite..." in the post below on here.

Lastly, I do not appreciate you going through my posts only to find my old post to which I was referring. Yes, in this thread, I briefly mentioned my experience with the attitude of some members here but that is where it should have stayed, instead of rehashing the actual thread. Unnecessary. People are losing a track of the OP's actual concern.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ideally I’d like to see more small issues that get worked out vendor testimonials. I see where it’s deemed petty/inconsequential to speak of them here, but-

Mistakes happen.
if most testimonials are all glowing highest level pampered service with highest level quality work received with no hiccups
Those that read this (many many more times than who post) with not multiple projects under their belt .... could maybe they be expecting that?
Could vendors realistically live up and maintain to that level of expectation?

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
I have very briefly counted at least 6 members - count again - at least 3 hostile, others were resentful. Furthermore, I have also said "The majority of members here are helpful, polite..." in the post below on here.

Lastly, I do not appreciate you going through my posts only to find my old post to which I was referring. Yes, in this thread, I briefly mentioned my experience with the attitude of some members here but that is where it should have stayed, instead of rehashing the actual thread. Unnecessary. People are losing a track of the OP's actual concern.
If you are going to reference an old thread its fair game for anyone to go back and look at it.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
If you are going to reference an old thread its fair game for anyone to go back and look at it.
I wish you focused here on the long lost issue instead of replying something of no importance.

Yes, go back and look at it IF they wishes so... not unnecessarily repost it. But be as you wish... repost it, re-read it, print it out.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
Wish you focus here on the long lost issues instead of replying something of no importance.

Yes, go back and look at it IF they wishes so... not unnecessarily repost it. But be as you wish... repost it, re-read it, print it out. I could not care less because no matter what opinion anyone selects here, the other one will use it against them.

Just to be clear: you can comment on old posts but other posters cannot read them and comment?

I personally did not look up your old post because I thought it irrelevant. Your point was that a bunch of posters were "mean girls" and you had been bullied in the past.

I thought it had nothing to do with how petty the OP was being over $4 and how she was trying to bully a vendor.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Just to be clear: you can comment on old posts but other posters cannot read them and comment?

I personally did not look up your old post because I thought it irrelevant. Your point was that a bunch of posters were "mean girls" and you had been bullied in the past.

I thought it had nothing to do with how petty the OP was being over $4 and how she was trying to bully a vendor.

Lol. I have never said ever that people cannot read or comment on my old post. I have merely said that it was unnecessary to pull out the old thread and re-post it. You are making no sense as you have successfully misunderstood everything I wrote. Or over-assumed.

Likewise, no, it has never been "my" point nor have I never used the term "mean girls" but you are proving THE point here.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
Lol. I have never said ever that people cannot read or comment on my old post.

"Lastly, I do not appreciate you going through my posts only to find my old post to which I was referring."

Likewise, no, it has never been "my" point nor have I never used the term "mean girls" but you are proving THE point here.
Okay so asking you to clarify what you are saying equals "my" misunderstanding and making assumptions.

All I did was ask you to clarify and you then implied I was a "mean girl" even though I was not the one that pulled up your old thread.

Gotcha

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results