shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I talk about CS of Victor Canera here?

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
The OP is concerned about future warranty issues because she states that VC CS told her he would be sending all her future emails to spam. Seems like mistakes were made on both sides here.

1. OP thought she hadn’t been refunded anything for the pickup charge because she was looking for a $15 refund when in fact she got a $11 refund. Therefore sent an email asking for a refund that had already occurred.

2. OP didn’t appreciate or didn’t do the mental math to realize that even if she hadn’t been refunded the $15/$11 she still came out way ahead due to all of the non-warranty work that was done for no charge.

3. OP inflamed situation further by threatening to escalate to BBB and police.

4. VC CS wasn't straightforward with how package was sent back creating confusion and mis-trust.

5. VC CS inflamed situation further by indicating additional charges would be applied many months after the fact and that they would no longer accept emails from OP due to frustration dealing with the situation.

Although there certainly may be more to this that hasn’t been surfaced to explain why either party acted the way they did, feels like both sides could simply apologize and agree to move forward in a civil manner. I don’t know legally if VC can refuse warranty work but doing so seems like it would create even more problems for them so I doubt they’d go down that path.

The OP is concerned about future warranty issues because she states that VC CS told her he would be sending all her future emails to spam. Seems like mistakes were made on both sides here.

1. OP thought she hadn’t been refunded anything for the pickup charge because she was looking for a $15 refund when in fact she got a $11 refund. Therefore sent an email asking for a refund that had already occurred.

2. OP didn’t appreciate or didn’t do the mental math to realize that even if she hadn’t been refunded the $15/$11 she still came out way ahead due to all of the non-warranty work that was done for no charge.

4. VC CS wasn't straightforward with how package was sent back creating confusion and mis-trust.

5. VC CS inflamed situation further by indicating additional charges would be applied many months after the fact and that they would no longer accept emails from OP due to frustration dealing with the situation.

Although there certainly may be more to this that hasn’t been surfaced to explain why either party acted the way they did, feels like both sides could simply apologize and agree to move forward in a civil manner. I don’t know legally if VC can refuse warranty work but doing so seems like it would create even more problems for them so I doubt they’d go down that path.

Oh I missed the part where the VC CS told her they’d be sending all her mails to spam. I agree, that was needlessly incendiary on VC CS’s part and I understand why the OP brought up future warranty etc. now. Wasn’t clear to me the first read through, so sorry all for contributing to the misunderstandings in this thread!

In any case I don’t think the issue is the $4 that other commenters seem to be fixing on, rather the lack of good communication on both sides and the needless flame stroking that seems to have happened on both ends. Apologies on both sides would be the best resolution.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I wired 100 Dollars too much to a vendor (because of exchange rates). I never would ask the vendor to wire the money back. I just saw it as a tip for the nice setting.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
And while I don't think it would be wise for VC to refuse warranty work on the OPs existing pieces, it is certainly within their right to refuse to work with her on new pieces going forward. They get to choose who they do business with in that regard. Being a high maintenance customer can come back to bite you if the vendor decides your money is not worth the aggravation that comes with it.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Can we get a mediator in? I'd say move on OP but there is that warranty work to deal with (as necessary). Perhaps they need a neutral middle party for all future communications. If it could be arranged, that is.

I keep coming back to the idea of sweating the big stuff in life. This is not big stuff. There are questions about clear communication on both sides, but no one is out of a lot of money. No one got hurt, no one is in danger. If we can't convince you of the importance of perspective, then some self reflection is required and I urge you to do that.

Last edited:

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
From a PR standpoint, the VC rep should stop now. You have a business to protect and this is not a good look. As the saying goes ~ "the customer is always right" whether you agree or not is not the point. A good reputation is worth a lot more than being right.
The customer is always right actually means
How 'bout I PayPal the OP her $4 and we close this thread?

I cannot believe I wasted so many minutes of my life reading through all of this.

LOL I thought about suggesting that last night.

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
The customer is always right actually means

LOL I thought about suggesting that last night.

To be honest, that was the first thing we tried yesterday. Without getting into intricacies, PayPal wouldn't let us refund the $4 but only the full $15 ($15+$11=$26). So for our effort we would be in the negative. There's just something wrong with that.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, that was the first thing we tried yesterday. Without getting into intricacies, PayPal wouldn't let us refund the $4 but only the full $15 ($15+$11=$26). So for our effort we would be in the negative. There's just something wrong with that.

Maybe mail her a check?

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I truly don't think it's about the $4. The customer didn't feel appreciated ~ we can all agree we have been in the same position at one point or another as a consumer.
This whole mess was a BIG misunderstanding ~ BOTH sides could have handled it better. However, as a business owner, it is much better to say "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding" and move on. The business owner has much more to lose in this situation ($$$). JMO.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

Send $4 as F&F? At this point, it’s probably best to just count this under petty cash spending rather than go by the book.

^^This right here perfectly sums up how it went from "an issue of $4" to filing police reports and being fired as a customer.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock

I'd just cut her a check for $4 and in the future if she needs work charge her the full price for all services and your shipping.

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
Trying to hide my bewilderment that this thread exists, but don’t want to come across as rude to anyone.

If it weren’t for Covid, I wonder if this thread would have 160+ responses

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to hide my bewilderment that this thread exists, but don’t want to come across as rude to anyone.

If it weren’t for Covid, I wonder if this thread would have 160+ responses

Let's say you buy a multi-thousand dollar jewelry piece from an online vendor which includes a warranty policy, which lapses if you have any outside work done on the piece.

Let's say due to an unfortunate exchange of emails, the vendor/rep tells you he will now be blocking your email/sending them to his spam folder.

Do you feel that you still have access to the warranty rights associated with your jewelry item? Do you think you can no longer get servicing and maintenance work done on your piece by the vendor who actually made it?

That's why this thread exists, and why there are so many views and posts on it. As you know, this is a consumer-based forum, and people who spend any amount of money on a jewelry item with associated warranty policies (and priced accordingly) are concerned when a vendor unilaterally cancels warranty coverage, by way of blocking customer communication.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the pettiest, most asinine threads I've seen on PS... maybe ever. And we wonder why the traffic is slow around here -- HINT: it's not just the political threads that were in Hangout.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not saying this about the OP since I definitely don't know the situation. But as Mark Morrell even inferred, every vendor has had some difficult, demanding, or controlling customers, and I think that sometimes the vendor has been long suffering with a client and one day there is a straw that breaks the camel's back. Having known Victor for years and of his stellar customer service, that is why I am feeling there's likely more to the back story. The demand for the $4 back was absurd under any circumstances.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a nice story ds, but it is really not relevant to this situation, whereby the OP and VC sales rep have each laid in detail that both of them participated in this shtstorm.

If blame is to be laid, then it should be on VC as well as the VC rep who is employed to serve all of VC's customers.

A key maxim on PS is, how does a vendor react when there is a problem?

The $4 is a red herring - the true issue is the poor response and misinformation provided by VC/rep as well as VC advising the client she may no longer avail herself of the warranty services included with every VC item. That's just wrong.

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
As someone who used to sell a lot of things on eBay I would definitely block difficult customers. Some money is just not worth earning. Vendors are people too and the customer is not always right.

After reading this whole thread I believe the truth lies somewhere in between both versions of events.

This is clearly not a good vendor-customer match.

I’m sure VC would honour their warranty on existing pieces going forward however it’s better for both parties for OP to find another vendor to work with for new pieces.

I would not hesitate to work with VC if the need should arise.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The business owner has much more to lose in this situation ($$$). JMO.

Actually, I think this thread is excellent for consumer self-weeding.

Anyone who decides not to work with VC due to either the OP's original issues or the way this particular thread has unfolded... I'll be blunt - most likely isn't business that VC wants anyway.

Easier for everyone involved if a bad fit relationship is avoided up front rather than discovered mid-transaction.

And I speak as someone whose emails would also probably go straight to spam :bigsmile: This thread has been personally illuminating. As I told some friends yesterday - I'm only now realising that there might be people they want to work with even less than me!

Last edited:
Let's say you buy a multi-thousand dollar jewelry piece from an online vendor which includes a warranty policy, which lapses if you have any outside work done on the piece.

Let's say due to an unfortunate exchange of emails, the vendor/rep tells you he will now be blocking your email/sending them to his spam folder.

Do you feel that you still have access to the warranty rights associated with your jewelry item? Do you think you can no longer get servicing and maintenance work done on your piece by the vendor who actually made it?

That's why this thread exists, and why there are so many views and posts on it. As you know, this is a consumer-based forum, and people who spend any amount of money on a jewelry item with associated warranty policies (and priced accordingly) are concerned when a vendor unilaterally cancels warranty coverage, by way of blocking customer communication.
That's a nice story ds, but it is really not relevant to this situation, whereby the OP and VC sales rep have each laid in detail that both of them participated in this shtstorm.

If blame is to be laid, then it should be on VC as well as the VC rep who is employed to serve all of VC's customers.

A key maxim on PS is, how does a vendor react when there is a problem?

The $4 is a red herring - the true issue is the poor response and misinformation provided by VC/rep as well as VC advising the client she may no longer avail herself of the warranty services included with every VC item. That's just wrong.

I'm sorry. If someone threatened to call the police because I sent them a $30 invoice, I absolutely would let them know that I will be blocking them. And it's not like she's suffered any losses until she actually needs any work done due to manufacturing defects. Any other type of work, they only said they'll do "their utmost." IMO, VC could argue that this is them doing their best. Moving forward, they have the right to no longer do any additional work not covered by their warranty on existing pieces.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry. If someone threatened to call the police because I sent them a $30 invoice, I absolutely would let them know that I will be blocking them. And it's not like she's suffered any losses until she actually needs any work done due to manufacturing defects. Any other type of work, they only said they'll do "their utmost." IMO, VC could argue that this is them doing their best. Moving forward, they have the right to no longer do any additional work not covered by their warranty on existing pieces.

This!!!!! Finally someone get what I meant by warranty that's been in discussions so many times!!!! WARRANTY: Manufacturing defects. There’s no manufacturing defect now, there will be NO manufacturing defect in the future!!!! Resizing etc other service etc, if I was the vendor, I would charge tons of money so this customer won’t do any business with me as there’s no price tag anywhere to do any additional service like resizing, etc. I can just say, oh this is the Minimum price. VC isn’t the type to do business this way, so they told her in front to basically: Get lost!
and if you’re someone that still willing to do business with someone who threatens you to file BBB report and police over $30 invoice, wow! Good for you! You are the most excellent CS ever! But most of us, we’ll just do what Nicholas did, I’ll send your email to spam in the future! Bye!

There’s NO manufacturing defect now to all of her pieces, there will be NO manufacturing defect in the future. VC team didn’t have any obligation to do further business, is this hard to understand? They are not sneaky people who do overcharged in order to say Bye, what’s so wrong about saying bye in front to save all of them a further misery because obviously they don’t match to each other?
When they feel I did everything in order to please you, but obviously its not enough for you, so, let’s end this relationship. I don’t see what’s wrong about that? Just because they’re vendors? Do you take them as robot who doesn’t have feeling? They’re human too, just because you have the money doesn’t mean you can trampled anyone you paid for. This is 2021!

Last edited:

Tarquin

Rough_Rock

If I were that customer (and I had work which needed to be done under the warranty) I'd either pick up the phone or send a snail mail letter (return receipt requested).

In my business you never mention bringing in the lawyers. Once anyone mentions the attorneys (on either side) all negotiations stop and all communications must go through legal counsel.

I think its fair that once a retail client threatens to report you to the police (over an invoice!!!) they have become a former client.

Last edited:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
No one else has said this, so I will like I'm talking to one of my 5 children.

OP, you will not be treated respectfully if you do not also give it. I understand you think you deserve an apology for an obvious misunderstanding. This misunderstanding occurred because you insisted on doing things your way instead of how VC typically does things. And of course, during a pandemic that has the world on it's knees. Have YOU offered an apology for the things you said and did? Do you think 5 months later asking for $ when you weren't even accurate on the details was ridiculous? Was threatening with the law and contacting BBB taking a nuclear option and uncalled for?

I have the solution to all this. You should pay VC $26. The 30 dollars they asked for minus the 4 dollars you are owed. ;-) You both will be made whole and walk away amicably. Then enjoy you ring and take good care of it, as I doubt they will want to hear from you again. Take it as a life lesson. You don't treat your waitress horribly and expect her to not spit in your food. Same thing. End Mommy rant.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ mommy, what say you to VC rep Nicholas? If he hadn't lied in his email and told OP that FedEx had picked up the parcel, but instead had told her FedEx wasn't coming timely and that he had walked it down himself to ensure it went out that day ... none of this would have happened. OP and VC rep likely would have come to immediate terms about who owed what to whom, and that would have been that.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ mommy, what say you to VC rep Nicholas? If he hadn't lied in his email and told OP that FedEx had picked up the parcel, but instead had told her FedEx wasn't coming timely and that he had walked it down himself to ensure it went out that day ... none of this would have happened. OP and VC rep likely would have come to immediate terms about who owed what to whom, and that would have been that.

I have a strong suspicion on why this happened.

OP has mentioned several times that "she and Nicholas were talking a lot". It is not infrequent that a customer thinks she's #BestBuds with a tradeperson, and that tradeperson just kinda really wants the customer to leave him alone... But can't say so without seeming rude. Sometimes the "lot of chatter" is welcome and mutual. More often it's quite one-sided.

Nicholas saying "I don't think FedEx is coming so I'm going to walk your package down myself" would have encouraged a whole lot of new questions. Perhaps he simply said whatever was least likely to inspire more unwanted conversation with someone who he was already stuck "chatting a lot with". As long as FedEx received the package on time, he (not unreasonably) assumed that the details of precisely how FedEx got hold of the package would be irrelevant. Because they would be irrelevant when dealing with any reasonable person.

Should he have? Shrug. But if this is actually what happened - given the way OP has comported herself throughout this thread, I get it.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one else has said this, so I will like I'm talking to one of my 5 children.

OP, you will not be treated respectfully if you do not also give it. I understand you think you deserve an apology for an obvious misunderstanding. This misunderstanding occurred because you insisted on doing things your way instead of how VC typically does things. And of course, during a pandemic that has the world on it's knees. Have YOU offered an apology for the things you said and did? Do you think 5 months later asking for $ when you weren't even accurate on the details was ridiculous? Was threatening with the law and contacting BBB taking a nuclear option and uncalled for?

I have the solution to all this. You should pay VC $26. The 30 dollars they asked for minus the 4 dollars you are owed. ;-) You both will be made whole and walk away amicably. Then enjoy you ring and take good care of it, as I doubt they will want to hear from you again. Take it as a life lesson. You don't treat your waitress horribly and expect her to not spit in your food. Same thing. End Mommy rant.

OMG @Mrs_Strizzle I cannot agree with you more. Yes, I was thinking $26 the whole time. And I was wondering why no one else figured out the math. :lol: Everything you said was spot on. I can see that you have definitely raised 5 children. Wish you had made the first post. The only thing I have to add is AMEN.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results