shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I talk about CS of Victor Canera here?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can this thread be closed now? We’re well past anything productive.

Reporting my own post to ask admin.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
OP, I get where you're coming from.

The whole complimentary service stuff is immaterial - she didn't ask for anything extra, if they chose to do it, that's VC's decision.

What if it was $40 and not $4? Same responses from the PSers who responded on this thread? What if it was $400?

It is more than okay to be detail oriented and to try to correct the record once you find a discrepancy.

I definitely believe there was either miscommunication or misrepresentation from the VC rep regarding whether the FedEx parcel was picked up (as stated in his contemporaneous email) or whether he actually walked it down himself (based on the contemporaneous email this seems unlikely).

I don't know why the VC rep would email OP that the FedEx guy had picked up the parcel if he had actually walked it down ... why lie/misrepresent what occurred? Since he was typing a sentence anyway, why not type what actually happened? It is actually her parcel, why not give correct information? Unless he actually did give the correct info, which seems more likely at least to me ...

Nothing wrong with posting about her experience here; she is a consumer with a experience to share.

... my two cents ...

THANK YOU Mary. You said what I thought. I sent them big checks for payment without hesitation but now I'm lost. I wouldn't try to reply to everyone from this point.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@marymm I think the whole point is also the $4 if its $400, I can understand OP ask for it. The whole point is asking $4 6months later because $4 can be just missunderstanding or something that was a mistake they didn’t realized. Its the amount that even they make mistake they won’t realize it. It could be VC did pay $4 FedEx for pickup, and OP also paid $4 FedEx for pickup and none of them got refund from FedEx. So when OP asked $4 6months later, Nicholas strongly believe their end didn’t owe OP anything. Or it could’ve been a mistake he didn’t even realize because its insignificant amount.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The OP is a long-term member of PS, with a valid experience to share. Why should it be closed?

The vendor's own rep is actually admitting to giving misinformation to OP ... isn't this something other potential VC customers should know about?

Keep in mind this PS member bought expensive items from VC which are subject to VC's warranty policy, and the VC rep is telling her he will not respond to her emails and will have them sent to his spam folder. Is this an honorable way to deal with a customer? Part of the price of a VC piece is the warranty service that goes along with it. This is not right, nor does it seem legal or ethical.

Other potential VC customers should know that VC doesn't stand by their own warranty policies.

It would be an enormous disservice to PS to close this thread, unless the OP is requesting it.

Last edited:

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry but there was actually no mistake here. We agreed with the client for a $15 fee to have the package picked up. If I had waited for FedEx to wait for the package to be picked up, the following day, the criticism would have been that it was late. It was easier for me to just say it was picked up rather than saying, I have a pre-existing condition and I risked my health to get the package to FedEx instead. The client mentioned that the pickup fee is $4 and so we just refunded the difference and close the chapter. I didn't expect it to be a topic 6 moths after the fact.

We agreed the fee because the fee was paid to Fedex, not you.
If you knew there's no fee and you were kindly dropping off my package, I don't see why not refund me fully. I mentioned $4 because I assumed you'll be charged $4 from Fedex, the fee was never paid to you.

I wonder if you will still honor your warranty in the future.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
@marymm I think the whole point is also the $4 if its $400, I can understand OP ask for it. The whole point is asking $4 6months later because $4 can be just missunderstanding or something that was a mistake they didn’t realized. Its the amount that even they make mistake they won’t realize it. It could be VC did pay $4 FedEx for pickup, and OP also paid $4 FedEx for pickup and none of them got refund from FedEx. So when OP asked $4 6months later, Nicholas strongly believe their end didn’t owe OP anything. Or it could’ve been a mistake he didn’t even realize because its insignificant amount.

Nicholas stated he dropped off so they didn't get charged. If so it's easy to post their bill for it.
I am letting it out here because the attitude is not ok to me. If he just sincerely explained and said sorry I wouldn't even bother.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
I bet if you had brought the $4 discrepancy to their attention 5 months ago they would have gladly refunded you your $4. It sounds like they did everything possible to make you happy at the time.

To come on a public forum and complain about a small business over $4, half a year later seems crazy petty. Especially since you may wish to use that company for repair work in the future.

I'm baffled as to your goal. To shame the company over $4? To discourage others from doing business with them? I don't get it.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It isn't about the money. That was a segue.

The principle point is that the OP has been asked to not return as a customer. While no one likes to be "fired" as a client, the OP made her point. Will VC honor the warranty bc that is worth a lot more than 4 bucks.

cheers--Sharon

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
I apologize if I wasn’t up front about how accommodating and generous we tried to be by:

- Adjusting the band free of charge.
- Re-polishing her band free of charge.
- Re-engraving her message in the band, including the use of a super specific script font which necessitated the use of an outside vendor at cost to us, free of charge.
- Being on hold for 15min with FedEx to request a pickup of her ring which wouldn't have been necessary with our shipper.
- Risking my personal health by taking the ring to FedEx during the shutdown which took 30min of my day in order to get the band back to the client overnight.

VC is a company that’s humble and doesn’t advertise every little thing we do for clients. It’s sometimes just easier to say “You’re welcome. The band is on its way back to you.”

In all honesty though, after doing all this and in exchange being told that a Police report will be filed on us and having our good name smeared with the BBB is taking it to a whole new level.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
So @Nicholas A to make it clear, does your company policy stated that Re-engraving is free of charge? Or is it something you did as a favor to OP?

and, oh wow, that police report shocked me!

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
So @Nicholas A to make it clear, does your company policy stated that Re-engraving is free of charge? Or is it something you did as a favor to OP?

@munchee an engraved message necessitates the use of an expensive laser engraving machine so there is usually a charge of $40 - $60 involved. The OP's asked us to make an adjustment to the inside of the ring which removed the original engraved message and we comped the re-engraving as a courtesy to the client (without even mentioning it to her) for free.

Last edited:

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
I apologize if I wasn’t up front about how accommodating and generous we tried to be by:

- Re-engraving her message in the band, including the use of a super specific script font which necessitated the use of an outside vendor at cost to us, free of charge.
- Being on hold for 15min with FedEx to request a pickup of her ring which wouldn't have been necessary with our shipper.
- Risking my personal health by taking the ring to FedEx during the shutdown which took 30min of my day in order to get the band back to the client overnight.

VC is a company that’s humble and doesn’t advertise every little thing we do for clients. It’s sometimes just easier to say “You’re welcome. The band is on its way back to you.”

In all honesty though, after doing all this and in exchange being told that a Police report will be filed on us and having our good name smeared with the BBB is taking it to a whole new level.

Wow, I wish you explain nicely to me. I asked to polish off some metal to make the band slightly larger and add the engraving back. I wonder why not let me know everything and is adding the engraving back something you only did for me? I did pay for the engraving the first time, and didn't know you don't own the machine?

Also, I said I will file police report and file with BBB if you keep doing this AFTER you sent me invoice to pay on PayPal.

Honestly you have avoided answering the simple question: is it wrong to ask a customer away and void the warranty? Why not explain nicely at the beginning?

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock

Yes, I said if he kept sending me invoices through PayPal asking me to pay after he did so already, I will have to file a police report and with BBB too to stop him from doing so :) since he doesn't do that I wouldn't need to. Maybe it's obvious what they would say.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry. I cannot get over it. I believe that is something you guys would do. Go to Fed Ex and drop it off, and not belabor the point. "Oh, and I had to go all the way to the Fed Ex shipping center during covid to make sure we would ship when we said we would." I can see because that is something I do myself when servicing my clients. I don't tell them all the places I have to call to coordinate getting all their documents, and basically doing all the bookkeeping to even have the correct data to do my work.

Victor has never been one to go on and on to toot his own horn, and I don't believe he would hire someone who would.

I am very sorry. Police Report. Ugh. I don't know what to say to that. It's unfathomable.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, this thread need to be closed, like, now.

Reporting my own post with request to close.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
Invoices for what?
Police report?

Okay, this thread need to be closed, like, now.

Whatever legal idiocy the OP wishes to embroil herself in, if that isn’t actually an empty threat - let that happen behind closed doors for god’s sake. She’s clearly unhinged.

Invoice to ask me pay for $30 as I mentioned in the original post.

I said, if he kept sending me the invoice like this, I will have to file a police report and with BBB. You think it's threat? lol

Is voiding the warranty legal?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I said if he kept sending me invoices through PayPal asking me to pay after he did so already, I will have to file a police report and with BBB too to stop him from doing so :) since he doesn't do that I wouldn't need to. Maybe it's obvious what they would say.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the customer service and I'm not going to go into that, but it is a massive waste of resources to involve law enforcement over this issue. There are people that have legitimate crimes that need attention and even if it only takes 15 minutes of your time, it is using resources for processing, storage and review that could be spent on something that is truly a situation needing intervention.

Don't want to pay the invoice? Ignore it. I am sure that VC would consider this closed.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
I am so sorry. I cannot get over it. I believe that is something you guys would do. Go to Fed Ex and drop it off, and not belabor the point. "Oh, and I had to go all the way to the Fed Ex shipping center during covid to make sure we would ship when we said we would." I can see because that is something I do myself when servicing my clients. I don't tell them all the places I have to call to coordinate getting all their documents, and basically doing all the bookkeeping to even have the correct data to do my work.

Victor has never been one to go on and on to toot his own horn, and I don't believe he would hire someone who would.

I am very sorry. Police Report. Ugh. I don't know what to say to that. It's unfathomable.

Yes, I said if he kept sending me invoices through PayPal asking me to pay after he did so already (described in the original post, for $30) I will have to file a police report and with BBB too to stop him from doing so :) since he doesn't do that I wouldn't need to. Maybe it's obvious what they would say.

Is voiding warranty legal?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honoring a warranty means if there is a fault in workmanship or structural soundness they will correct it. And fortunately for all of us, that is pretty much unheard of from Victor Canera.

They have zero responsibility to offer her any other service on this ring, ever.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry you are unhappy with the customer service and I'm not going to go into that, but it is a massive waste of resources to involve law enforcement over this issue. There are people that have legitimate crimes that need attention and even if it only takes 15 minutes of your time, it is using resources for processing, storage and review that could be spent on something that is truly a situation needing intervention.

Don't want to pay the invoice? Ignore it. I am sure that VC would consider this closed.

I said so only because he didn't apologize instead of sending invoice of $30 to my PayPal which was too far away from a sincere apology. I said so because I wanted him stop doing that.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
Honoring a warranty means if there is a fault in workmanship or structural soundness they will correct it. And fortunately for all of us, that is pretty much unheard of from Victor Canera.

They have zero responsibility to offer her any other service on this ring, ever.

Here's part of the warranty: If your jewel has been accidentally damaged, please Contact us. We stand by our products therefore even if your Victor Canera jewel has been accidentally damaged, we will do our utmost to repair it at minimal to no cost. We only ask that clients cover incoming and outgoing shipping charges.

It's not ok to refuse serving the jewel in the future even if you don't like a customer.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Invoice to ask me pay for $30 as I mentioned in the original post.

I said, if he kept sending me the invoice like this, I will have to file a police report and with BBB. You think it's threat? lol

Is voiding the warranty legal?

@beatricezh, Delete the invoices and desist with the drama. You know perfectly well fulfillment isn’t actually desired. Idle threats of some legal dispute are at worst dangerous, at best unbecoming.

@Nicholas A, Get off this thread. Your involvement is time you don’t need to spend, effort you don’t need to invest, and defense you don’t need to pose. And quit sending her invoices, if that’s happening right now, you lose by stooping to her level.

@Ella can we please close this thread as soon as you’re able. It’s painful.

Last edited:

MWM

Rough_Rock
Trade

As I understand the rules here, I guess I can't comment on this situation.

As a life-long metal crafter, I do understand the value of stellar service rendered in this situation and I have a good sense of what the original request cost this vendor to fulfill in terms of time and productivity.

When I began with my craft in 1969, I had a vision of opening my own store. The name of that store was to be "A reason to smile".

Show of hands please; Who here understands why that store name never came to be?

I don't know this vendor personally. If I opened that store today, it would have to be called; "No Good Deed"

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don't know why I'm replying but I got sucked into this saga like a bad reality tv show. @beatricezh are you saying that VC kept sending the PITA invoice (as @yssie so aptly put it) for $30?

When I clicked on this I interpreted "CS" in the title as "Center Stone" or "Colored Stone". Silly me.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
I don't know why I'm replying but I got sucked into this saga like a bad reality tv show. @beatricezh are you saying that VC kept sending the PITA invoice (as @yssie so aptly put it) for $30?

He mentioned invoicing twice and sent it once. I replied if he kept sending more I would have to file with BBB and police report.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
As I understand the rules here, I guess I can't comment on this situation.

As a life-long metal crafter, I do understand the value of stellar service rendered in this situation and I have a good sense of what the original request cost this vendor to fulfill in terms of time and productivity.

When I began with my craft in 1969, I had a vision of opening my own store. The name of that store was to be "A reason to smile".

Show of hands please; Who here understands why that store name never came to be?

I don't know this vendor personally. If I opened that store today, it would have to be called; "No Good Deed"

I am perfectly happy if there's any charge explained to me once they received the jewel and I greatly appreciate Victor's craftsmanship, again.

I paid the fee to Fedex, not Nicholas, hence I expect at least a sincere apology.

Again, I'd love more jewels and servicing from Victor, so I'm not happy about Nicolas said I couldn't contact anymore. That's it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's part of the warranty: If your jewel has been accidentally damaged, please Contact us. We stand by our products therefore even if your Victor Canera jewel has been accidentally damaged, we will do our utmost to repair it at minimal to no cost. We only ask that clients cover incoming and outgoing shipping charges.

It's not ok to refuse serving the jewel in the future even if you don't like a customer.

As long as you are willing to do things their way and pay for their shipping labels and the actual cost of the services, then maybe they will. I think you are the one who has broken trust with the vendor over a $4 misunderstanding that you brought up 5 months later and posted it publicly. I believe the actual warranty is for defects, but all the other things are nice customer service add-ons. I'd expect for them to charge you for every bit of labor the next time.

He mentioned invoicing twice and sent it once. I replied if he kept sending more I would have to file with BBB and police report.

He sent one invoice and you threatened a police report??? I can't even imagine how ludicrous they'd think your complaint is.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
The OP is a long-term member of PS, with a valid experience to share. Why should it be closed?

The vendor's own rep is actually admitting to giving misinformation to OP ... isn't this something other potential VC customers should know about?

Keep in mind this PS member bought expensive items from VC which are subject to VC's warranty policy, and the VC rep is telling her he will not respond to her emails and will have them sent to his spam folder. Is this an honorable way to deal with a customer? Part of the price of a VC piece is the warranty service that goes along with it. This is not right, nor does it seem legal or ethical.

Other potential VC customers should know that VC doesn't stand by their own warranty policies.

It would be an enormous disservice to PS to close this thread, unless the OP is requesting it.

@Ella If you're here, read this too and I hope this thread can be kept here. Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results