shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I talk about CS of Victor Canera here?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m surprised how many commenters are focusing on the $4. From my reading, the OP’s concern isn’t about the $4 but rather about honest bookkeeping and professional customer service — both of which are completely reasonable considerations, particularly when we’re talking about establishing an ongoing relationship between client and vendor.

I can’t say I would have handled this situation the same way, but so many comments on this thread feel unnecessarily rude and honestly just missing the point.

My point is that I think VCs customer service was ABOVE AND BEYOND in this case, despite OP being really unreasonable throughout. When you combine the info given here with OPs attitude I think she is the one being unprofessional, rude, etc, not VC.

Now if this were a legit sum of money I could better understand her viewpoint. The fact that this drama, 6 months later, is over $4 is just too much.

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm still confused. VC said FedEx pick up is $15. For you, Fed Ex said pick up is $4. So without thinking about it more, couldn't the additional $11 be just an additional charge that VC has the right to charge right? There you go. He could charge $1000 for Fed Ex pick up (but no one would pay for it, but that's beside the point).

People charge what they charge for shipping. I'm just glad it's not ME that has to go down to some shipping center and spend time and touch stuff and breathe a bunch of potential covid-air to get this stuff done.

Ok, moving on. Fed Ex did not pick up. You paid Fed Ex to pick up and they didn't. That's between you and Fed Ex. Nicholas walked it down to the Fed Ex office for you during Covid when Fed Ex didn't pick up, so that was really nice. He didn't charge you. Yeah. I would not have. Your ring isn't worth the risk to my health.

And what @yssie said about Fed Ex is true. You should be grateful it got hand delivered which is better than having it sit in a truck for their rounds.

That’s pretty much what happened @LLJsmom

We did the resizing and re-engraving of her band free of charge. We were happy to do that.

We offered return overnight, insured shipping to the client at our cost. I recall it being something like $40. The client’s response was that this was an unreasonable amount at which point we offered her to supply the return label which she did.

Her return label did NOT include FedEx pickup. We offered to arrange pickup with a FedEx agent. The mutually agreed amount was $15. I actually did call FedEx but I believe they would arrive by the end of the day for me to ship it out that and realized the client was anxious to get her band back.

This was in September when there was a severe lockdown in Los Angeles. This might sound trivial but I did risk my health to personally walk down the package to FedEx to be able to ship the package to her that day. I don't recall doing anything else like this at my time with VC.

Client received the package next day and asked for an $11 refund. Done, not a peep on our part or even a description of what we did for the client. The refund was issued the same day in September.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
My point is that I think VCs customer service was ABOVE AND BEYOND in this case, despite OP being really unreasonable throughout. When you combine the info given here with OPs attitude I think she is the one being unprofessional, rude, etc, not VC.

Now if this were a legit sum of money I could better understand her viewpoint. The fact that this drama, 6 months later, is over $4 is just too much.

With excellent customer service this matter would never have made it to the forum.

lillibear

Rough_Rock
@123ducklings I am new to the forum but I have recognized that some people are just unnecessarily rude every chance they get.... But I have found those posters to be the minority and most have been so welcoming and helpful. I encourage OP to tune out the nastiness and try to consider the good advice.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We did the resizing and re-engraving of her band free of charge. We were happy to do that.

We offered return overnight, insured shipping to the client at our cost. I recall it being something like $40. The client’s response was that this was an unreasonable amount at which point we offered her to supply the return label which she did.

Her return label did NOT include FedEx pickup. We offered to arrange pickup with a FedEx agent. The agreed amount was $15. I actually did call FedEx but I believe they would arrive by the end of the day for me to ship it out that and realized the client was anxious to get her band back.

This was in September when there was a severe lockdown in Los Angeles. This might sound trivial but I did risk my health to personally walk down the package to FedEx to be able to ship the package to her that day. I don't recall doing anything else like this at my time with VC.

Client received the package next day and asked for an $11 refund. Done, not a peep on our part or even a description of what we did for the client. The refund was issued the same day in September.

Nicholas, I'm sorry there was no recognition of the effort you put in, in light of covid. I wish I could have that service now. That's all I'll say about that. But I wouldn't expect it, nor would I wish that anyone's personal safety be compromised for a ring... cause really...:roll: As cray cray as I can get about jewelry...

Take care, stay safe, and let Fed Ex do the pick up until you get your vaccinations.

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
I’m surprised how many commenters are focusing on the $4. From my reading, the OP’s concern isn’t about the $4 but rather about honest bookkeeping and professional customer service — both of which are completely reasonable considerations, particularly when we’re talking about establishing an ongoing relationship between client and vendor.

I can’t say I would have handled this situation the same way, but so many comments on this thread feel unnecessarily rude and honestly just missing the point.

I'm sorry @123ducklings but our book keeping is fine. The client asked for her refund in September and it was handled the same day.

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
Nicholas, I'm sorry there was no recognition of the effort you put in, in light of covid. I wish I could have that service now. That's all I'll say about that. But I wouldn't expect it, nor would I wish that anyone's personal safety be compromised for a ring... cause really...:roll: As cray cray as I can get about jewelry...

Take care, stay safe, and let Fed Ex do the pick up until you get your vaccinations.

Thanks I really did give it my best and short of a nervous breakdown, I don't think I could have done better in that particular instance.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock

I need to say this. In my own experience, VC is a generous vendor. He let go the price difference from VS1 & VS2 for me, and for a 2.8ct it would cost couple hundreds if not thousands! (You can read my story in my thread). And tracking $4 from 6months ago might be an accounting nightmare from their point of view. If there’s a $4 difference, I don’t think its being dishonest, I don’t think VC would deliberately pocketing $4????? It might be simple accounting accident? IF there’s a $4 difference. And we’re all saying here, from our point of view, we personally would’ve let that go. And that chasing $4 from 6months ago is something we wouldn’t do in order not to burn bridge with anyone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With excellent customer service this matter would never have made it to the forum.

They did EXACTLY what she requested back in September. I am certain there was no intent on their part to deceive especially over $4. Now that she realizes they might owe her $4 she emails them 5 months later? Honestly, this is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever seen here, and I've seen a few over 15 years. I surely wouldn't want to burn bridges with any vendor I'd want to work with again! But I guess she doesn't care about that!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The tone and content of the OP's posts seem to be reflective of someone who is perpetually dissatisfied regardless of a vendor's efforts to go above and beyond. It is really sad to see someone use PS as a medium to smear a beloved vendor when it seems that the OP received her resized and perfectly re-engraved ring in good order, and performed at no charge!

I have worked with Victor and Nicholas countless times and I can attest that their customer service and integrity are every bit impeccable as Victor's craftsmanship. We have many trusted vendors on PS and in my opinion VC is one of the very best, and I feel sincerely grateful and fortunate for every opportunity to work with him. IMHO the OP should feel incredibly grateful to have a VC ring and considerably more appreciation for the inimitable talent and effort that it represents.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I would agree with this, honestly. And the “please go away” would have been more professional if delivered sans PITA fee, deserved though it may have been.

But in this case OP’s thread history makes clear that she’s the sort of person to complain first on this forum and ask questions later.

Ditto @diamondseeker2006 - this thread is ridiculous! But entertaining. The shipping irrationality was the one topic that I did want to address as having some gravitas.

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
I need to say this. In my own point of view, VC is a generous vendor. He let go the price difference from VS1 & VS2 for me, and for a 2.8ct it would cost couple hundreds if not thousands! (You can read my story in my thread). And tracking $4 from 6months ago might be an accounting nightmare from their point of view. If there’s a $4 difference, I don’t think its being dishonest, I don’t think VC would deliberately pocketing $4????? It might be simple accounting accident? If there’s a $4 difference. And we’re all saying here, from our point of view, we personally would’ve let that go. And that chasing $4 from 6months ago is something we wouldn’t do in order not to burn bridge with anyone.

I would tend to agree but it became a matter of principle. Whatever the client wanted, she got. She asked for an $11 refund, with pleasure, we did that. It became a rehash and renegotiate of something that was agreed on 6 months ago.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to say this. In my own experience, VC is a generous vendor. He let go the price difference from VS1 & VS2 for me, and for a 2.8ct it would cost couple hundreds if not thousands! (You can read my story in my thread). And tracking $4 from 6months ago might be an accounting nightmare from their point of view. If there’s a $4 difference, I don’t think its being dishonest, I don’t think VC would deliberately pocketing $4????? It might be simple accounting accident? IF there’s a $4 difference. And we’re all saying here, from our point of view, we personally would’ve let that go. And that chasing $4 from 6months ago is something we wouldn’t do in order not to burn bridge with anyone.

I don't think he over charged. I think they UNDER charged for the delivery to covid-land drop off. So @Nicholas A your accounting sounds more than fine.

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock

Her return label did NOT include FedEx pickup. We offered to arrange pickup with a FedEx agent. The mutually agreed amount was $15. I actually did call FedEx but I believe they would arrive by the end of the day for me to ship it out that and realized the client was anxious to get her band back.

Didn't want to call it's more lies but:

1. you never mentioned shipping at your cost, you mentioned I could pay $65 to ship it back
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 19.40.01.png
2. my package was delivered 6 days later, not the next day and I said "I would love a refund to PayPal when your bill comes", not "I'd like $11 now". And you told me someone picked up and you said at least twice you wouldn't go drop off which I understand.
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 19.41.02.png

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
I would tend to agree but it became a matter of principle. Whatever the client wanted, she got. She asked for an $11 refund, with pleasure, we did that. It became a rehash and renegotiate of something that was agreed on 6 months ago.

I didn't ask for $11, all I said was when your bill comes I'd love a refund. I didn't expect you wouldn't check and the refund should be $15. I don't mind the difference now, it's a matter of principle. All I wanted was a sincere sorry that you made the mistake and didn't check. I just wouldn't believe you dropped off and didn't tell me just because you told me you couldn't drop off at least twice that day. You also never offered me to ship back out of your pocket, you always asked me to pay. Even if you dropped off, when I asked about this you shouldn't ask me to pay extra if you didn't ask when you "settle this months ago" which made me upset.

Last edited:

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
@123ducklings I am new to the forum but I have recognized that some people are just unnecessarily rude every chance they get.... But I have found those posters to be the minority and most have been so welcoming and helpful. I encourage OP to tune out the nastiness and try to consider the good advice.

Thank you! Just thank you. :)

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
Didn't want to call it's more lies but:

1. you never mentioned shipping at your cost, you mentioned I could pay $65 to ship it back
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 19.40.01.png
2. my package was delivered 6 days later, not the next day and I said "I would love a refund to PayPal when your bill comes", not "I'd like $11 now". And you told me someone picked up and you said at least twice you wouldn't go drop off which I understand.
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 19.41.02.png

We don't pad our shipping costs. Whatever the amount was, was our cost for shipping overnight insured to your geographic location. I apologize if it arrived 6 days later but we shipped it overnight. We don't have control over the package once it leaves our hands so a FedEx plane could be delayed because of weather or other issues.

You might have not asked for $11 but you said that FedEx charges $4 for pickup after you received it which point we refunded $11. I also have emails but I don't think it would be professional for me to do that.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hey @lovedogs and others who quoted me. I tried to respond directly but my internet is hiccuping at the moment.

Just want to repeat that I would not have handled this situation the same way the OP describes. I made my initial post because while $4 may be trivial, I feel it’s unproductive and unnecessary to essentially say “your concern doesn’t matter, get over it.” This is a consumer forum.

VC clearly has plenty of experience handling shipping matters and picky clients. In my opinion this could and should have easily been handled politely and with greater clarity for the customer, regardless of the dollar amount.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree because she shouldn't have waited 5 months to notify them of their $4 mistake that they didn't even realize was a mistake. And to post here about it is absurd.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I get where you're coming from.

The whole complimentary service stuff is immaterial - she didn't ask for anything extra, if they chose to do it, that's VC's decision.

What if it was $40 and not $4? Same responses from the PSers who responded on this thread? What if it was $400?

It is more than okay to be detail oriented and to try to correct the record once you find a discrepancy.

I definitely believe there was either miscommunication or misrepresentation from the VC rep regarding whether the FedEx parcel was picked up (as stated in his contemporaneous email) or whether he actually walked it down himself (based on the contemporaneous email this seems unlikely).

I don't know why the VC rep would email OP that the FedEx guy had picked up the parcel if he had actually walked it down ... why lie/misrepresent what occurred? Since he was typing a sentence anyway, why not type what actually happened? It is actually her parcel, why not give correct information? Unless he actually did give the correct info, which seems more likely at least to me ...

Nothing wrong with posting about her experience here; she is a consumer with a experience to share.

... my two cents ...

Beatrice09

Rough_Rock
We don't pad our shipping costs. Whatever the amount was, was our cost for shipping overnight insured to your geographic location. I apologize if it arrived 6 days later but we shipped it overnight. We don't have control over the package once it leaves our hands so a FedEx plane could be delayed because of weather or other issues.

You might have not asked for $11 but you said that FedEx charges $4 for pickup after you received it which point we refunded $11. I also have emails but I don't think it would be professional for me to do that.

Yes, I provided the label and the shipping delay is not a concern here.

I said so because I wanted to let you know so you could check for sure.

I also believe if you did drop off, you would have told me and refunded me the pickup fee I sent you before I even asked you because you were super nice then and we're happy. and talking a lot. Why not impress me?

I wonder if I could still turn to you in the future, at least for repair?

Nicholas A

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm sorry but there was actually no mistake here. We agreed with the client for a $15 fee to have the package picked up. If I had waited for FedEx to wait for the package to be picked up, the following day, the criticism would have been that it was late. It was easier for me to just say it was picked up rather than saying, I have a pre-existing condition and I risked my health to get the package to FedEx instead. The client mentioned that the pickup fee is $4 and so we just refunded the difference and close the chapter. I didn't expect it to be a topic 6 moths after the fact.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably shouldn’t even comment I’m so confused by all of this. I think so much is getting lost in who said or did what when.
Why are you calling this out here now OP? Because you want to complain about how to get your VC pieces serviced in the future because you were *fired* as a customer? I really don’t understand your motivation here. You feel ripped off for $4 and it’s just the principle? What about the extra services (sizing and engraving) you weren’t charged for?
I’m all for vendor reviews but this is just perplexing.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I provided the label and the shipping delay is not a concern here.

I said so because I wanted to let you know so you could check for sure.

I also believe if you did drop off, you would have told me and refunded me the pickup fee I sent you before I even asked you because you were super nice then and we're happy. and talking a lot. Why not impress me?

I wonder if I could still turn to you in the future, at least for repair?

It is possible VC could refuse to do new business with you. However, VC's posted warranty would require that VC service any VC jewelry item you already own. It would be unethical for VC to refuse to honor their warranty policy.

https://www.victorcanera.com/service/warranty

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry but there was actually no mistake here. We agreed with the client for a $15 fee to have the package picked up. If I had waited for FedEx to wait for the package to be picked up, the following day, the criticism would have been that it was late. It was easier for me to just say it was picked up rather than saying, I have a pre-existing condition and I risked my health to get the package to FedEx instead. The client mentioned that the pickup fee is $4 and so we just refunded the difference and close the chapter. I didn't expect it to be a topic 6 moths after the fact.

"easier to say" a mis-statement than the truth? for shame Nicholas ... own up to the fact that your deliberate misrepresentation has actually conflated what was a small issue into a larger issue ... telling the truth should be the easier thing, especially for a vendor/rep.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results