shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get a setting like this elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!
I am having my 2ct square emerald cut reset from wh gold to platinum and love this setting. Do any of you know if anything like it is available elsewhere as it is very simple? I like the thinness, sleekness & the basket head.

www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=315

Thanks for your input! I''ve been quoted a price of $1800.00 for the job & know Leon does beautiful work, but does that seem a little high for such a simple setting or in-line? If the consensus is that it is reasonable, then I''ll go with the "master"
25.gif

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think Leon is the master for a reason. I''ve seen is work in person and it is exceptional. You''d have no worry of being disappointed with something close.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I think you are right--just wanted a 2nd opinion! I was VERY disappointed in my current setting (did you know that white gold is not white?) and had a very hard time communicating with the jeweler about the style--even though I provided exact pictures from all angles (not the Leon setting, but a Harry Winston Repro). Well, my taste has evolved (and sadly--as I have educated myself, towards the quality of stone I purchased, too--but that is another story) and this setting is simple perfection for me! I''m a little nervous about shipping my stone and having it be gone so long--but I guess I''ll just get over it. Leon--here I come!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Kelly I don''t think you will regret it. It can be nerve-wracking getting custom done, but this way you know you will get what you LOVE, not an approximation. Can''t wait to see pics!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go with Leon. I think he is worth every penny!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 9:39:29 AM
Author: kellyfish
I''m a little nervous about shipping my stone and having it be gone so long--but I guess I''ll just get over it. Leon--here I come!!!
Way to go!!!
36.gif

I just can''t imagine your being disappointed. He mounted my square EC for me and it is indeed perfection.
1.gif

widget

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was one of the settings I was initially considering and after looking far and wide I have found nothing that even remotely comes close to that. I would go with Leon!

P.S. Boston Jeff is currently in the process of having that setting made with Leon I believe. If you wait a few weeks I am sure he will post pics of it when it is done.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 1:13:32 PM
Author: neatfreak
That was one of the settings I was initially considering and after looking far and wide I have found nothing that even remotely comes close to that. I would go with Leon!

P.S. Boston Jeff is currently in the process of having that setting made with Leon I believe. If you wait a few weeks I am sure he will post pics of it when it is done.

I will have pics hopefully in 3-4 weeks!

I looked for something similar, and failed. And with the current price of platinum any good custom job is going to be pretty expensive, so I think the ~$200-300 premium for Leon is worth it.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Jeff--

Did you go with the split prong? I did not originally request that feature with my estimate, but am planning to do so when I send my stone.

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I feel very confident now about ponying-up the money for a first-class setting. After all, why would I go to all of the expense for the stone and walk around showcasing it in it''s current wh gold setting which looks yellow against the whiteness of the stone? I did not expect the yellow effect for at least a year or so---but it really looks dingy against the stone.

I''m sending my precious to an independant appraiser for plotting, etc next week, then off from the Big Easy to the BIG APPLE!!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 2:24:52 PM
Author: kellyfish
Jeff--

Did you go with the split prong? I did not originally request that feature with my estimate, but am planning to do so when I send my stone.

Hey Kelly,

I did end up going with the double claw prongs. They are a Leon signature and I think they go very well with antique-style/larger facet stones. I ran it by Leon, and he gave it the thumbs up. It did not change my quote, but I imagine it may lead to some additional labor charge on my final invoice.

Good luck, and good taste!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about sending the picture to Whiteflash and getting a quote from them. They will do it!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don''t think $1800 is that bad for a setting of the high quality that leon makes. Only him or another master could make a ring this delicate and perfect.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Kellyfish,

I think Leon's setting is worth every dollar you spend! $1800 for a master piece isn't too much to ask! His settings are absolutely flawless! You will be so happy with the ring when you get it back. Congratulations for making the right decision!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do it if at all possible, his stuff is perfection, even the most simple setting from him is unreal.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I certainly can''t wait to see the ring when it''s done!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results