shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I find a stock east-west marquise setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumnlala

Rough_Rock
DBF has been telling me for some time that he had inherited a diamond that we would set for my engagement ring. He hadn''t actually laid eyes on it until Christmas, and it is a marquise to everyone''s surprise!

I hadn''t been looking at anything but round settings, but now that I have been looking at marquise settings (many of the posts here were so helpful) I am excited about the prospect of an east-west setting. I have always wanted a setting where the diamond is set very low, and I don''t want to change that with the marquise.

We''ve only been to one store (Shane Co. in Atlanta, we live in Chattanooga, TN), but there were, not surprisingly, no east-west marquise settings.

We looked at taking a stock setting, removing the basket, and putting a marquise in it. I found one I did like (cathedral), but the more I think about it, it is just going to look silly because it was made for a round and the hole in the cathedral for the diamond is not really wide enough for my marquise so it will still sit up above it (my stone is 10 mm wide when set e-w).

Actually, I surprised myself that I liked the simpler settings better-- just cathedral with pave sidestones on 3 sides, some milgrain trim, and that''s really it.

I really don''t want to pay for custom work, but am afraid I will have to in order to get what I want.

So, my question is, does anyone know of a source for a stock east-west setting for my marquis? Or a reasonable custom jeweler that can help me? Since the design is simple will it not be outrageous?

The budget is around $1500- 2000. I don''t plan on upgrading so I want it to look great.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Here is one from James Allen. It lists for $2300.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
http://www.vonbargens.com/catalog/detail.php?product=2532&category=1301

How about that one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results