shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone give a guess as to the size of the stone in this ring?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it's not easy but I'm trying to figure out what size stone this would be, assuming the rings is about a size 5-6. The shank would have to accommodate the melee so I'm thinking at least 2.5 mm? Can anyone make an educated guess? I tried looking for the image again but Google image search isn't finding it. Any help would be appreciated. front.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ready for results?

I found the image here:

Which lead me to the site with the details:

Here is the description:
Date: c. 1900 - 1920s

Design information: late Victorian era with an Art Deco design; this would make an elegant engagement, promise, or anniversary ring, and would look particularly stunning as a cap to a ring stack

Materials: 14K yellow gold; platinum top

Size: 5 3/4 (please contact us for sizing options)

Diamonds: .75 ctw (est)
Center: .60 carat (est) Old Mine Cut diamond; K color; SI1 clarity; faces up white and eye-clean; stone has a tall pillowy crown, small table, and deep pavilion: a textbook Old Miner
Accents: .20 ctw (est); eight early Single Cut diamonds

Item TS47
JHTT

P.s. I love games like this. I can prove myself useful at times :)

Okay ready for results?

I found the image here:

Here is the description:

Design information: late Victorian era with an Art Deco design; this would make an elegant engagement, promise, or anniversary ring, and would look particularly stunning as a cap to a ring stack

Center: .60 carat (est) Old Mine Cut diamond; K color; SI1 clarity; faces up white and eye-clean; stone has a tall pillowy crown, small table, and deep pavilion: a textbook Old Miner

Item TS47
JHTT

Omg, I'm actually retaining info I've learned on PS! I'm growing up, guys!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, I'm actually retaining info I've learned on PS! I'm growing up, guys!

LOL I should start by... I google searched "old mine cut bypass ring".

I found some images with a similar background as the pic that OP posted. So I knew it had to be that vendor lol. Then stalked their Instagram and found it.

It is quite an art but I did work in internet security for a few years hahahaha. It comes in handy. Now I can finally be useful on PS!

LOL I should start by... I google searched "old mine cut bypass ring".

I found some images with a similar background as the pic that OP posted. So I knew it had to be that vendor lol. Then stalked their Instagram and found it.

It is quite an art but I did work in internet security for a few years hahahaha. It comes in handy. Now I can finally be useful on PS!

A+ google-fu there!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay ready for results?

I found the image here:

Here is the description:

Item TS47
JHTT

Oh Wow, thank you so much. I just purchased a .585 ct OMC and was hoping it was close to the right size to make a similar ring and I think it is. The inspiration ring is a 5.75 which is my ring size too so I think it should all work out. You are a google wiz, for sure! Now to get the stone and start the process of having it made. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Wow, thank you so much. I just purchased a .585 ct OMC and was hoping it was close to the right size to make a similar ring and I think it is. The inspiration ring is a 5.75 which is my ring size too so I think it should all work out. You are a google wiz, for sure! Now to get the stone and start the process of having it made. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oh good luck. I'm glad I'm able to help. It sounds like you've got just the right stone for this inspiration project. Do share the photos when you have it made :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results