shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB .75ish ct cushion OMC

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I'm putting out feelers for a sub carat cushion OMC to be a side stone with another I have. Unfortunately I don't have any paperwork so I don't know the official color. I believe it to be an I or lower, but definitely is not as low as an M. I am not color sensitive in any way and will be ok if its off a bit.

The measurements of my current OMC is 6.0 x 5.2 mm. Attached is a pic.

Thanks for any responses in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-111727_Mercari.jpg
    Screenshot_20210102-111727_Mercari.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 10

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Mrs_Strizzle check out Mollie Francine on Insta. I think she posted a stone similar to the one you want to match today.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@lulu_ma and @CSpan I've reached out to Mollie and her stone measures 5.56 x 5.1 mm. It looks a lot like mine but I'm concerned about the difference between 5.56 and 6.0 mm. That would be pretty noticeable, right? It's so hard without seeing them side by side. Thoughts? Thanks!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh so close! Maybe have her take a picture next to a quarter for scale?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day thank you for that! I do think so as well, since the center stone isn't very big that I want these to be side stones to. I think I can stand the color to be off a tiny bit, but not the size this far off.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, that may be noticeable (maybe not if you weren't a PSer).

You will find on. I'll keep an eye out. Have you asked Sako? He always has stones.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@Redwoods-hiker-girl wow! The mm sure sounds much closer to mine than the other which is what I want. Because I have no idea what color mine is I'm attaching a pic of it next to my only GIA graded alphabet stone I have. My ring is O-P (just to compare color. Im planning on having my red spinel as the center stone.) My OMC is definitely whiter, but not sure by how much. Do you think yours and mine would work? P.s. I have yellow walls in my office and fluorescent lighting. 20210218_111846.jpg

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...maybe! Mine has faint fluorescence, which helps it face up whiter; I can see its warmth from the side view, but only barely. Do you know the depth of your OMC, by any chance?

I'll attempt to get good photos in various lighting tonight.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...maybe! Mine has faint fluorescence, which helps it face up whiter; I can see its warmth from the side view, but only barely. Do you know the depth of your OMC, by any chance?

I'll attempt to get good photos in various lighting tonight.

If @Mrs_Strizzle passes i may be interested. I have earring delusions :) so I'm flexible on perfect matches.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Still working on getting a photo that looks true to color! Thanks for your patience. :)

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's what I have, and I can take more photos as needed. The one with the four diamonds in a row shows an F (MRB), K (princess), this diamond (est M-N by original seller), and an O (AVC). All the diamonds but the AVC have faint to medium blue fluorescence. To my eyes, the OMC looks just like the K, a Brian Gavin Blue princess, both face-up and from an angle.

I love the photo that shows how chunky the OMC is. Maybe I should sell the AVC instead of the OMC! :)

OMC_1 - 1.jpg

Attachments

• OMC_4 - 1.jpg
    OMC_4 - 1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 59
  • OMC_3 - 1.jpg
    OMC_3 - 1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 64

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Here's what I have, and I can take more photos as needed. The one with the four diamonds in a row shows an F (MRB), K (princess), this diamond (est M-N by original seller), and an O (AVC). All the diamonds but the AVC have faint to medium blue fluorescence. To my eyes, the OMC looks just like the K, a Brian Gavin Blue princess, both face-up and from an angle.

I love the photo that shows how chunky the OMC is. Maybe I should sell the AVC instead of the OMC! :)

OMC_1 - 1.jpg

Hubba hubba!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

OMC_1 - 1.jpg

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@Redwoods-hiker-girl thank you so much for taking the time to take the pictures and sharing all the details of your diamond. They all are gorgeous! I'm a bit gun shy at the moment because of my uncertainty of the color of mine and also the difference in weight...

I think I'm going to switch gears and not try to match without seeing them side by side. I do thank you for the offer though!

@CSpan

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
@Redwoods-hiker-girl thank you so much for taking the time to take the pictures and sharing all the details of your diamond. They all are gorgeous! I'm a bit gun shy at the moment because of my uncertainty of the color of mine and also the difference in weight...

I think I'm going to switch gears and not try to match without seeing them side by side. I do thank you for the offer though!

@CSpan

You are quite welcome, @Mrs_Strizzle -- the right match is out there somewhere. Happy diamond hunting! :)

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
@CSpan, if you're still interested, let me know! Happy to answer any questions and/or send more photos. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results