shape
carat
color
clarity

calling legatogirl - do you like your etsy ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi legatogirl - just wondering how you''re liking your blush topaz etsy ring? Did you order any bands to stack with it? I''m trying to figure out if other bands will sit up next to it with the bezel?

thanks!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I'm not her, but she ordered from TreAnelli. I love Emily! I ordered what's called her simple squared ring and will get it in the mail sometime this week. I love how her work looks.

I wanted her to do my project, but currently when working with customer stones, she tries to stay .1 or .2 mm from a whole mm (5.8 or 5.9 or 6.1 or 6.2 for example) because that's what she has materials for. She is somewhat open to trying some different sizes but will need to order the material to do so. I will say that anything on her site looks terrific and she is very nice to convo with. If you are looking to order from her, go for it!

And, if you are thinking of having her set a stone or cabochon, she said they are fine in any size. Just make sure they have a flat bottom.

I know you are looking for an inexpensive project. I certainly like the cabochons that arjunajane ordered from gemselect. I know this is a threadjack - sorry! Check them out for a cabochon. The settings by TreAnelli or Onegarnetgirl are very reasonable. For that matter, the setting that Sally at HeartofWater is too, you just need to be ok with sending it to Thailand (which I am because her work is worth it)!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 2:57:50 PM
Author:katiedid
Hi legatogirl - just wondering how you''re liking your blush topaz etsy ring? Did you order any bands to stack with it? I''m trying to figure out if other bands will sit up next to it with the bezel?

thanks!!
i''m not her either but i did order the same ring from emily (treanelli) and i love it! the shades of pink are so beautiful. i have stacked with another bezel ring i bought from madelynn (onegarnetgirl) also on etsy. i want to buy some of madelynn''s textured bands to go along with it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH thank you for sharing that link! Her work is very very pretty.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 3:49:51 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

OH thank you for sharing that link! Her work is very very pretty.
You''re welcome!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some twisted bands that I thought would look cute with this ring but wasn''t sure if they would actually sit close enough. Seems like the tube of the bezel sits pretty close to the finger.

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
I LOVE the ring! I agree with the other ladies...beautiful craftsmanship and the pinks that come out of the stone are incredible! I saw she now has the same ring up on her site with a London Blue Topaz and I''m really considering adding it to the collection. I''d love to have it in every color for that matter! I did buy a simple silver beaded band to stack with it. I ordered it in the same size as the Treanelli ring but the band is a little big. I still wear it occasionally though and love the look!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE my rings from Emily, the craftsmanship is amazing and they''re so delicate and fun! She set my umbalite garnet and spinel, and I''m thinking about sending her my green tourmaline to set as well.
DSC_0172.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And close ups.
garnetcompare3.jpg

I have a few very thin stacking rings I sometimes wear with them so I have no gaps in between the rings. The bezel heads do sit pretty low so I don''t know if thicker bands will sit flush with them.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Babyblue - those are gorgeous!
25.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
babyblue, thats such a fun set of yours I really like them - I love the pop of contrasting colour
5.gif

Do you mind if I ask, about how much they were to set (pls don''t answer if you don''t like).

cheers!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 11:21:11 PM
Author: arjunajane
babyblue, thats such a fun set of yours I really like them - I love the pop of contrasting colour
5.gif

Do you mind if I ask, about how much they were to set (pls don''t answer if you don''t like).

cheers!
She is very reasonable! Just remember that she works with premade tube settings, which means she is skilled in up to .2 off an even mm. I happen to think these premade settings is one of the reasons I love her work. The bezel is smooth and perfect. I have about convinced her to do some that don''t meet her parameters, but she needs to order the supplies and her supplier has expensive shipping charges. So I need to get on her next order schedule!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
babyblue, what is the mm size of your umbalite? Those rings are just gorgeous!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Arjunajane, I would prefer not to say EXACTLY how much I paid for them in case Emily minds
5.gif
But, I agree with Cinnamon that her pricing was VERY reasonable and I got my quotes from various etsy vendors before I decided to go with her and I was on a tight budget constraint
2.gif
As mentioned already the only "downside" of working with her is that stones need to be even mm in size and she''s currently only working with rounds. I would love to set one of my cushions in similar bezel ring but that would cost about twice as much as Emily''s ring.

Katiedid, if I remember correctly my umbalite garnet is 6mm and spinel 5mm.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I know you are asking mainly about TreAnelli''s stacking rings, but I just received one of these rings in the mail from her and and is great! Just a simple squared silver ring, but it looks terrific with my platinum engagment ring! Not the intended purpose, but a nice bonus!

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=15561292

Her picture since her hands are much prettier than mine:

il_430xN_58034836.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered the blush topaz bezel stacker from TreAnelli as well. It was mailed out Monday so I should have it soon. Can''t wait!
3.gif
I''ll try and post pics when I get it but my camera and my camera skills suck.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her work is so nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results