shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling for antique emerald cut experts - close to pulling the trigger on 4+ carat stone!

RX1990

Rough_Rock
At this size most of those finer nuances will only be evident in macro photos or when viewed through a loupe. And it will take more time to source antiques. So I think whatever you end up with will provide the look and feel you want, even if they are not technically technically identical to the inspo.

Of course, maybe you plan to enjoy macro photos of your ring in the future like many of us weirdos!

Totally agree with you on this. Made it clear I am just focused on them getting this made under the current timeline and communicated my preference in case the option exists.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally agree with you on this. Made it clear I am just focused on them getting this made under the current timeline and communicated my preference in case the option exists.

It’s going to be stunning. Timeless. A ring that will be admired and envied by many ❤️.

You mentioned possibly having Yoram do an eternity band with French cuts for a wedding band. I know that will be another exciting venture for you… I think you might be surprised to find that adding more diamonds below the ring may actually take away from the beauty of the ring. I know that sounds weird but, in my mind, I’m seeing a very thin (~2mm) platinum band, possibly with some antique engraving on it, as the perfect compliment. I know that step is a long way off, but I’m just throwing it out there while I am thinking of it :D. That being said, an eternity band to wear in place of her wedding ring when it may not be a good idea to have the ring on would always be welcomed, I’m sure :lol:

RX1990

Rough_Rock
It’s going to be stunning. Timeless. A ring that will be admired and envied by many ❤️.

You mentioned possibly having Yoram do an eternity band with French cuts for a wedding band. I know that will be another exciting venture for you… I think you might be surprised to find that adding more diamonds below the ring may actually take away from the beauty of the ring. I know that sounds weird but, in my mind, I’m seeing a very thin (~2mm) platinum band, possibly with some antique engraving on it, as the perfect compliment. I know that step is a long way off, but I’m just throwing it out there while I am thinking of it :D. That being said, an eternity band to wear in place of her wedding ring when it may not be a good idea to have the ring on would always be welcomed, I’m sure :lol:

I think that's an adventure another time. Thankfully she will be along for every step of the way on that one.

Funnily enough in our culture and faith, wedding bands are traditionally worn on the right hand and opposite of the engagement ring. In reality, I know plenty of married woman in our community that still opt for wearing both on their left (whether it's for the more social norms reason or the appeal of stacking). I am not sure what she will eventually want to do, but I have been thinking an engagement ring like this would give her more reason to follow this practice. When I mentioned the French cut eternity band, I actually wasn't thinking about it being stacked with this ring but rather worn on the opposite hand. I am just realizing now that almost no one else would make that assumption! :lol:

I hear what you mean though. This ring plus an eternity band on the same finger may be a bit much.

RX1990

Rough_Rock
Casting is off to NY tomorrow! Asked for an update on expected timing.

After a bunch of brainstorming I figured out a perfect proposal spot and plan for the full day. The one issue with is that I have two specific dates in mind, and the spot cannot accommodate the later of the two dates (which was going to be my backup date if the ring wasn't ready in time for the first). Either we can pull off a miracle and get the ring done in time for the first proposal date, or I need to find another place to pop the question on the backup date. And here I thought I'd be feeling immensely relieved with the diamond picked and ring designed :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I’m sorry to tell you that even after she says yes, the stress won’t be relieved! Wedding planning is the pits!

But you’ll at least have your partner sharing in the stress more for that.

I’m sure whatever you have planned, if you put this much work into the details like you did for the ring, she will be absolutely blown away!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Pfft, It's all smooth sailing from here with that ring being given! It's going to be great.
You were in very capable hands (Go PS team!) and this is going to be a truly spectacular token of love between you. No matter what happens with locale, this is going to be an amazing day for you both.
I mean, look at that ring.

Please bring us many hand shots, because we're all jonesing to see it on the hand.:lickout:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

After a bunch of brainstorming I figured out a perfect proposal spot and plan for the full day. The one issue with is that I have two specific dates in mind, and the spot cannot accommodate the later of the two dates (which was going to be my backup date if the ring wasn't ready in time for the first). Either we can pull off a miracle and get the ring done in time for the first proposal date, or I need to find another place to pop the question on the backup date. And here I thought I'd be feeling immensely relieved with the diamond picked and ring designed :lol:

Well, I sure hope the ring is ready for the first date, but don't stress over this. The proposal is the most important thing, not the locale. I, as well as everyone else following this thread, can't wait to see the ring, and hopefully, some proposal photos!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am so late to this thread, but this is going to be a SPECTACULAR ring. Can’t wait to see it finished. You’ve gotten great advice.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hang in there… this part’s almost done! Hopefully you’ll have some time to simply relish being engaged before having to dive into the stresses of planning the wedding and honeymoon :lol:

One thing to consider, if you haven’t already, is hiring a professional photographer to take photos of it all. Ideally they’d be in hiding/obscured for the proposal so they’ll get some truly candid photos, and then take some more formal ones after she’s said YES! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing to consider, if you haven’t already, is hiring a professional photographer to take photos of it all. Ideally they’d be in hiding/obscured for the proposal so they’ll get some truly candid photos, and then take some more formal ones after she’s said YES! :appl:
^^ Only if he is 100% sure she'd like that! I would have hated it lol

RX1990

Rough_Rock
Looks like miracles do happen and the ring should be ready by my preferred date. I am rushing on all the other fine details now but things are starting to feel like they are coming together.

On the location and photography. I already have a photography permit secured for the location and just picking a photographer now. Really just want someone there to capture the candid reactions in the moment this happens. A few shots of the ring close up that I can share here is another perk haha. She'll take any opportunity she can get for beautiful photos, so I am sure there will be a staged shoot for engagement photos at a later date.

Excited to share more here soon. All I'll say right now is the day's events are shaping up to be very "us". The hotel I have booked is even art deco/period correct for the ring and we have a few things going on that day that are very timeless "old Hollywood" that I hope she will love :)

kah42

Shiny_Rock
I'm being nosy and checking in to see if you have heard any updates? Or, let's be honest, have they sent any pictures yet? I know you were looking at dates in the near future. I can't wait to see the finished product!

RX1990

Rough_Rock
Have not seen it in person yet but picking it up today just in time!

I am little hesitant to post the photos DK sent me right now. I'll share here as soon as it's been officially revealed in person :)

Based on the photos I've received I think they did an an amazing job. At this point I don't have any time to make any further modifications given my timeline, but DK assured me we can always bring it to them should there be anything we need to change. I welcome everyone's feedback once I share it but based on the photos I know she will love it as is!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have not seen it in person yet but picking it up today just in time!

I am little hesitant to post the photos DK sent me right now. I'll share here as soon as it's been officially revealed in person :)

Based on the photos I've received I think they did an an amazing job. At this point I don't have any time to make any further modifications given my timeline, but DK assured me we can always bring it to them should there be anything we need to change. I welcome everyone's feedback once I share it but based on the photos I know she will love it as is!

SO EXCITED! :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

Are you proposing this weekend?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You better come back with pictures!!! We expect to be paid, like a troll under the bridge or a witch in the woods, you must pay the toll!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Marking place for update. Super excited to finally see this!!

RX1990

Rough_Rock
UPDATE - I'm engaged! Proposed on Sunday. It was early afternoon with beautiful weather - the ring actually blinded her when I first opened the box! I am still waiting on the professional photos from the proposal spot, including some shots of the ring on her hand.

Finally - picture time! Here are some of the ones DK sent me in advance of receiving the ring. Nice "studio" photos but honestly they don't do the ring proper justice until I saw it in person.
102054.jpg 102054-2.jpg 102054-3.jpg 102054-5.jpg

Here are two I got of the ring in the box in the spot I proposed:
IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6413.jpg

I don't have any good videos to share yet, but here are a few clips I took of it (on my pinky finger) when I received the ring on Friday afternoon ahead of the proposal - link.

I will follow up with more photos as they come along. In the meantime, thank you all for the continual guidance and support along this journey. I would not have been able to pull this off if it weren't for the wealth of knowledge, support, and passion from this amazing community on PS. She couldn't be more thrilled about the ring, and more importantly, the whole proposal day. We needed a full day to recover yesterday and didn't really start telling our broader circle of friends until we got home from our little overnight "staycation" that was part of the proposal.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE - I'm engaged! Proposed on Sunday. It was early afternoon with beautiful weather - the ring actually blinded her when I first opened the box! I am still waiting on the professional photos from the proposal spot, including some shots of the ring on her hand.

Finally - picture time! Here are some of the ones DK sent me in advance of receiving the ring. Nice "studio" photos but honestly they don't do the ring proper justice until I saw it in person.

IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6413.jpg

I don't have any good videos to share yet, but here are a few clips I took of it (on my pinky finger) when I received the ring on Friday afternoon ahead of the proposal - link.

I will follow up with more photos as they come along. In the meantime, thank you all for the continual guidance and support along this journey. I would not have been able to pull this off if it weren't for the wealth of knowledge, support, and passion from this amazing community on PS. She couldn't be more thrilled about the ring, and more importantly, the whole proposal day. We needed a full day to recover yesterday and didn't really start telling our broader circle of friends until we got home from our little overnight "staycation" that was part of the proposal.

Oh it's just perfect! Your photos and video are so good and and I love the final prongs decision. She must have been completely floored. Congratulations!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_6418.jpg
IMG_6413.jpg

Finally! :lol: I think we’ve all been waiting with baited breath. We knew she’d say yes… we wanted the photos! :D

Congratulations on a successful engagement plan being pulled off, and the ring is truly spectacular. We need all the details (when you can) on her reaction, if you’re happy with all of the final decisions (tabs, stone sizes, etc), and of course the pro photos too. CONGRATULATIONS to you both, and I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

PS: your photos are excellent! They really capture the beauty of the ring.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing. It looks spectacular. And I’d love to hear your impressions of the diamond and ring now it’s all said and done.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both!
I'm so happy it went so well and was everything you wanted it to be.
Now, about that picture tax...hand shots.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring turned out beautifully.

Tell us more about her reaction!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my GOD. ITS PERFECT IN EVRRY WAY

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! How surprised and/or happy was she with it all?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Are those photos taken in Monrovia at a venue, by chance? It looks like this gorgeous venue I wish I got married at!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results